RAJON RONDO Thread (Watching film with Kuzma, p.37)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 19676
Location: Heavenly Island

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Itís debatable that Irving would have seriously considered us if we did not sign LeBron.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 25326
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Judah wrote:
I'm sure hearing this makes Pelican fans feel great lol.


Joel Meyers said the Pels wanted him back but it was clear he wanted to leave regardless of how much they offers him.
M


Maybe, but the Pelicans paid him $3.3M last year. We gave him $9M. I'm cynical about the motivations of players.


Pels was willing to pay him that but Rondo agent wouldnít give them a number and told them they have one chance to offer and there wonít be any negotiating. They also gave the Pels 5 mins to do all of that. The


right, but if the Pels came back with $12.5 Million, I think he is playing in New Orleans this season. Him and his agent had to know the Pels were never going to beat the Lakers offer.
_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 127652
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
I'm sure hearing this makes Pelican fans feel great lol.


Pelicans fans arenít losing sleep, Rondo was up and down all season. They have Jrue who is much better.
_________________
Itís a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 127652
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Judah wrote:
I'm sure hearing this makes Pelican fans feel great lol.


Joel Meyers said the Pels wanted him back but it was clear he wanted to leave regardless of how much they offers him.
M


Maybe, but the Pelicans paid him $3.3M last year. We gave him $9M. I'm cynical about the motivations of players.


Pels was willing to pay him that but Rondo agent wouldnít give them a number and told them they have one chance to offer and there wonít be any negotiating. They also gave the Pels 5 mins to do all of that. The


right, but if the Pels came back with $12.5 Million, I think he is playing in New Orleans this season. Him and his agent had to know the Pels were never going to beat the Lakers offer.


Pelican management answers to Saints management and the Saints are known to give up on a player early rather than late (see Brandon Cooks).
_________________
Itís a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 11409
Location: LA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
I'm sure hearing this makes Pelican fans feel great lol.


Pelicans fans arenít losing sleep, Rondo was up and down all season. They have Jrue who is much better.


I was away for a while because I couldn't take your constantly putting down Lakers and our players compared to other teams. Seems nothing's changed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2017
Posts: 1695

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
I'm sure hearing this makes Pelican fans feel great lol.


Pelicans fans arenít losing sleep, Rondo was up and down all season. They have Jrue who is much better.


They had Jrue last year and he was helped immensely by the addition of Rondo. He got to play more off the ball and Rondo created a lot for him and others. Rondo wasn't really up and down, he was very up in the regular season but against the Warriors, his inability to shoot hurt them and that's where he was down. Also, you don't compare the subtraction of Rondo to Jrue, you compare it to the addition of Elfrid Payton who's nowhere near the playmaker Rondo is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 28431
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Washington, DC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject:

I am very confused by this thread. Someone explain to me what is going on here.
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Vampirate
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 30 Jul 2018
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Everyone wants to play with LeBron, next summer will be even more apparent.


Well, not everyone.


Not everyone, but the quality players will.


KL doesn't either. Neither does Kyrie.

Kawhi Leonard demanded a trade to the Lakers after LeBron signed.

What the (bleep) are you talking about? lmao

EDIT: Raptors fans troll this forum too?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 10825

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Judah wrote:
I'm sure hearing this makes Pelican fans feel great lol.


Joel Meyers said the Pels wanted him back but it was clear he wanted to leave regardless of how much they offers him.
M


Maybe, but the Pelicans paid him $3.3M last year. We gave him $9M. I'm cynical about the motivations of players.


Pels was willing to pay him that but Rondo agent wouldnít give them a number and told them they have one chance to offer and there wonít be any negotiating. They also gave the Pels 5 mins to do all of that. The


right, but if the Pels came back with $12.5 Million, I think he is playing in New Orleans this season. Him and his agent had to know the Pels were never going to beat the Lakers offer.


Totally Wrong if he wanted the Pels to beat the Lakers offer all they had to do is tell them the number. Like Joel said their moves pretty much said they wasnít coming back regardless of the offer.
_________________
Coach: Luuuuuuuuuuuke
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 19676
Location: Heavenly Island

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Vampirate wrote:
Snipes wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Everyone wants to play with LeBron, next summer will be even more apparent.


Well, not everyone.


Not everyone, but the quality players will.


KL doesn't either. Neither does Kyrie.

Kawhi Leonard demanded a trade to the Lakers after LeBron signed.

What the (bleep) are you talking about? lmao

EDIT: Raptors fans troll this forum too?


Yep it was woj who basically said the Lakers were his preferred choice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39
Page 39 of 39
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB