OFFICIAL 2019 FREE AGENCY THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
I know Kawhi is a top 3-5 player when healthy, but part of me prefers Klay. He's just such a chill, low maintenance guy who gets it done on both ends. Plus he has Laker blood flowing through him. This whole Kawhi saga has made me kind of sour on him.

I am with you on that one because it lets Ingram stick to SF, which I think he's a better fit with. Ingram is a slasher, would fit with someone who is a bona fide shooter better.

I just like the line up of
C. Anyone
Pf Lebron
SF Ingram
SG Klay
PG Ball

Feels a lot more balanced with all our best guys on the floor, no one seems to be playing out of position.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject:

As of right now. I think we sign Leonard, Trade Deng sending out a 1st and 2nd, something like what Brooklyn got. Lakers should have about 18 million or so and the mle for two one year deals and another vet.

Lonzo/one year(Collison, Beverly, Rondo?)
Leonard/Hart
Ingram/Svi/MLE
Lebron/Kuz
Moe/one year(Dedmon, Vucevic, McGee)

Might be hard on the one year deals with the cap going up next year? Might have to sign Collison, KCP, or Vucevic to a longer deal?
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject:

I think there is better than a 50/50 chance that Butler is off the board next summer. If I had to bet, Butler is traded before the trade deadline to a team he'll re-sign with. I think Klay re-signs with Golden State as well. No way Kyrie Irving is going to play with Lebron again. There is maybe a 10% chance Durant leaves Golden State, but I don't think that's to become a Laker.

At the end of the day, I think Kawhi is the only superstar we may be able to land next summer.... and those odds decrease significantly if either Boston, the Clippers or Philly trades for him.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I think there is better than a 50/50 chance that Butler is off the board next summer. If I had to bet, Butler is traded before the trade deadline to a team he'll re-sign with. I think Klay re-signs with Golden State as well. No way Kyrie Irving is going to play with Lebron again. There is maybe a 10% chance Durant leaves Golden State, but I don't think that's to become a Laker.

At the end of the day, I think Kawhi is the only superstar we may be able to land next summer.... and those odds decrease significantly if either Boston, the Clippers or Philly trades for him.

Agreed. In my opinion you go and get him now.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

Agree with you on Boston/Philly. I don’t think he’d stay with the Clippers though as they won’t be good anytime soon. He can just cross the aisle and join an instant contender.

Either way, I wouldn’t trade for him if it cost any of the ‘Core 4’. Our pathway to dominance is adding Kawhi (or another top flight FA) while keeping the 4 kids.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't trade for Kawhi either. I wouldn't trade for anyone. However, that doesn't make my statement above any less true.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject:

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/07/13/report-jimmy-butler-denies-minnesota-timberwolves-extension

Butler formally rejects t-pups extension offer.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:05 am    Post subject:

Butler's vet coming up was Deng. Not sure he wants to come here after how that has worked out. GS is moving into a new arena next year. You kind of figure they'll find a way to run it back at least once after this season. Kyrie is out because of James.

It feels like from the free agents it's Kawhi, though I'm not sure we will do it through star free agency. We have some pretty darn good players developing on this team already. Who's to say adding a couple really good free agents rather than another star wouldn't be a better distribution of resources.

Middleton, Tobias, Milsap, Horford, Mirotic, Capela (maybe), Turner, there are some good players that can help round out the team nicely.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I think there is better than a 50/50 chance that Butler is off the board next summer. If I had to bet, Butler is traded before the trade deadline to a team he'll re-sign with.

It will be fascinating to see what Minnesota asks for him as that team is in both win now mode and still very young.

Do they go after another all-star - McCollum, Demar, Wall or Beal?

Or a package based around a young player and pick - D’Angelo, Fultz, Jaylen Brown - Nets, 76ers and Celtics all have multiple first round picks to trade too.
#StayInYoLane
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:58 am    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
I know Kawhi is a top 3-5 player when healthy, but part of me prefers Klay. He's just such a chill, low maintenance guy who gets it done on both ends. Plus he has Laker blood flowing through him. This whole Kawhi saga has made me kind of sour on him.

I am with you on that one because it lets Ingram stick to SF, which I think he's a better fit with. Ingram is a slasher, would fit with someone who is a bona fide shooter better.

C. Anyone
Pf Lebron
SF Ingram
SG Klay
PG Ball

Feels a lot more balanced with all our best guys on the floor, no one seems to be playing out of position.

Yep and we take a major piece from the warriors
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:01 am    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

C. Anyone
Pf Lebron
SF Ingram
SG Klay
PG Ball

Klay is not reasonable.....
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:07 am    Post subject:

Somehow the Nets manage to get rid of all their 2019 contracts outside of the player option for Crabbe.

It will be interesting to see what they do with DLo and how they attack the market. (right now, their gm really is doing a great job). outside of that crabbe trade.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject:

Butler is a proven cancer at this point. No thanks.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject:

Seems like Kawhi’s health is a big issue. If we were sure he was 100 percent I’ve got to believe our FO would offer 1 or 2 of our young guns. After all, a player like Kawhi or George , can change their mind.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

kawhileonard wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

C. Anyone
Pf Lebron
SF Ingram
SG Klay
PG Ball

Klay is not reasonable.....

I just think its way too soon to draw conclusions on who is available and who is not. A lot can happen in a year.

Beginning of last year, everyone thought OKC didn't really have much of a chance to retain PG, especially if they go out as a first round exit. But they did. Likewise, having just 20 plus wins 2 years ago, I don't think we were on anyone's list beginning of the 2017 season to land Lebron and we did. I think almost the entire 2017-2018 free agent thread talked about PG and cousins, with lebron being postulated as mere fantasy. A year ago, would anyone have thought that Kawhi might be available. Nobody did, until Kawhi had that major fight with Pop. Also would anyone think it was reasonable last year for NO to steal Randle away from us for 9 mil, especially when we held all the cards and could match Randle's contract if we wanted to?

Seems to me quite a few implausible things happened between 2017 and 2018, I would just wait and see about Klay.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:

Nah, he's not a "proven cancer". Butler is ultra-competitive like LeBron, Rondo, and the rest. He likes to be coached "hard"; straight to the point, demanding commitment, especially on the defensive end of the court, and being as prepared for the game as possible.

Hoiberg, for Butler, was a bit too soft spoken, and in Butler's opinion, soft period, as far as holding players accountable for missed assignments and lack of game readiness like intensity. All of these are why he wanted to be coached by Thibs.

I'm speculating, but I think that's the root of the issues w/KAT. KAT's got some maturing to do, and Butler is somewhat like Kobe was toward Bynum when, in reference to a maturing Bynum, was at one time asking the FO to "ship his a_s out".
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

We're in a solid place for next year with KD, Kawhi, Jimmy, Klay, Kyrie, Kemba,Middleton, Randle, Cousins, Jordan on the market..

Could possibly be looking at a core of

Wagner
LeBron/Kuzma
Ingram
Hart/SVI
Ball

With 45M in cap space. Enough for 1 max+ Another good player in the 12M range if we were to dump Deng exp. k for cap space. Players in the 12M range could be Randle, T.Evans, Tobias Harris, KCP, Bledsoe, Mirotic, Kanter, Vucevic,
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject:

So, the Lakers are guaranteed to get one of Kawhi, Klay, Butler, or Middleton, as they will be able to step into the SG position for KCP after this season essentially. Ainge was able to get Horford in 2016, which allowed them to also sign Hayward & trade for Kyrie in 2017. There has been noise of KD leaving GSW to go to the Knicks to play with Kyrie, even though Butler has been linked to wanting to play with Kyrie as well. Not sure if Butler would want to play with Bron since he is buddies with Kyrie. Klay seems like he wants to retire a Warrior, but always a never say never situation imo. Middleton is a nice piece, but is not that "big fish name" the Lakers go after when they are going after superstars. Is it financially possible for the Lakers to have a big 3 of Bron, Kawhi, & Anthony Davis come 2020? LeBron is on a max, Kawhi would want a max in 2019, so I assume AD would have to come thru a trade like Kyrie did, as I'm not sure the Lakers would have the max cap space to outright sign AD unless it's thru a sign and trade? Seems like that is the 2-3 year plan Magic & Pelinka have been referring to.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject:

-trade Deng
-max Kawhi/Klay/KD
-use remaining capspace on KCP and Rondo
-bring McGee and Stephenson back if they do well this year

Zubac is a free agent, gonna be interesting to follow his season and see if he sticks beyond next summer

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
manlisten wrote:

Nah, he's not a "proven cancer". Butler is ultra-competitive like LeBron, Rondo, and the rest. He likes to be coached "hard"; straight to the point, demanding commitment, especially on the defensive end of the court, and being as prepared for the game as possible.

Hoiberg, for Butler, was a bit too soft spoken, and in Butler's opinion, soft period, as far as holding players accountable for missed assignments and lack of game readiness like intensity. All of these are why he wanted to be coached by Thibs.

I'm speculating, but I think that's the root of the issues w/KAT. KAT's got some maturing to do, and Butler is somewhat like Kobe was toward Bynum when, in reference to a maturing Bynum, was at one time asking the FO to "ship his a_s out".

I think Butler declined simply because he wants the full max, and what they offered while a max contract was less than what he can get this summer.
JAN24/2/14
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject:

If the FO is able to trade Deng with nothing coming back. Will we have enough cap for 2 max guys if we renounce all cap holds?
LakerFan1972
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject:

JAN24/2/14 wrote:
If the FO is able to trade Deng with nothing coming back. Will we have enough cap for 2 max guys if we renounce all cap holds?

No.

In 2019 FA, Lakers will have 1 Max slot + maybe $10-15M.

To create two max slots means trading most of the young core BI/Ball/Kuz/Hart.
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:14 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

I think Butler is a good option, even if he is traded and it's not here (in December I would give a first round pick and a young player not named Kuzma/Ingram/Lonzo for him). He would like to compete, otherwise he could juset tale MIn extension now. Only PHI looks like a place where he will resign. I think Kemba is our fallback plan..

Klay is staying in GSW, there is a better chance Durant leaves than Klay and i think he will chose a place where he will be the man (NYK or Nets next to Kyrie?)
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:22 am    Post subject:

JAN24/2/14 wrote:

Ingram, Ball, Kuzma and Hart alone will be about to slightly above 50% of a mid tier max slot.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Projected cap space for the summer of 2019 (yes knowing a lot will change!):

1. LAC -$58.7M
2. IND -$54.7M
3. DAL -$52.8M
4. SAC -$51.9M
5. CHI -$50.3M
6. BKN -$48.3M
7. ATL -$46.9M
8. UTA -$39.9M
9. PHI -$36.5M
10. CLE -$36.4M
11. LAL -$35.8M
12. NYK -$23.0M
13. ORL -$19.5M

I project 4 teams at having no shot at cap space in the summer of 2019:

1. OKC - $29.3M over
2. HOU - $20.5M over
3. POR - $14.0M over
4. WAS - $9.3M over

https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1020372506841157632
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: