LA Lakers' Best Path to a Superteam

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers Multimedia Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: LA Lakers' Best Path to a Superteam

Hey all,

Here's the LA Lakers' Best Path to a Superteam at @BleacherReport
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2782866-heres-the-la-lakers-best-path-to-a-superteam

Cheers,

Eric
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject:

I haven't opened the article yet... but I'm hoping you said no to Kawhi. More likely, I'm hoping you wrote to wait until the trade deadline so Randle can be used in a deal (and the Lakers have more leverage). Clicking link now....

Edit: You didn't give us a best path!!! Why you gotta go all objective journalist on us? j/k.

Thanks, Eric. Glad this will all be wrapped up in the next week or so.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Question: Any sense rather Randle will accept a trade to San Antonio if he’s used in a S&T for Leonard? A lot of people have bought up rather he would be okay with it, it is in theory very close to his Dallas home town unlike L.A.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

What do you think of the possibility of the Lakers attaching Ball or Ingram to Deng in a salary dump trade. For example, Deng and Ball to Phoenix for 2019 1st and 2021 1st? Then, trade Ingram, Kuzma and 2019 1st for Leonard.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Eric !!! Good read.
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Here's my take:

Assuming PG isnt coming, sign LJ and sign JR to a long term deal - around 12mm per. Keep Deng for another year, sign a couple of fill ins and use the mid-level to bring back Lopez. Use the rest of the cap space on 1 year deals and keep the core intact...

Next year, stretch and waive Deng (this way it doesnt cost us anything and the cap hit will be smaller). Sign Leonard and you have your team!

The key is getting LJ to be a little patient.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:26 am    Post subject:

from what i understand, the Lakers are not looking to dump Zo
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:12 am    Post subject:

The considered option of dealing one guy for Kawhi from our club is wasted thought. Spurs will demand something along the line of Ingram and Ball plus Wagner. Probably worth it too.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Thanks Eric !!! Good read.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Great article. Got me excited.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:08 am    Post subject:

Forget About It...
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

This is still a great topic even though we have acquired LBJ.

Assuming that we resign JR it looks like we will be a playoff team this year and win over 50 games.

The question we are face with is do we trade some of the young assets for a vet star specifically KL this year or do we wait until next year.

There are some big benefits to waiting until next year.

1. We will have cap space but so will other teams
2. The value of our youth will be greatly increased. BI, Kuzma, Hart and Ball should all have more value next year as they will improve and get playoff experience. Their value could increase by 30% or more depending on their development.
3. We have 3 rookies that will have a chance to contribute who may have more value next year.
4. We will be an established playoff team with young stars and the Lakers will again be the talk of the league. We will be a destination especially with the weather.
5. If we can add KL without giving up young assets next year we will have a team ready to compete for the title in 2019 that should be good for a long time.
6. Next year trading Deng will not be that hard.

I think the advantages of waiting until next year to make a move in KL makes a lot of sense. Now if we can get him for a S&T with JR + Hart and a 1st rounder that is a price that helps both teams. I would even be open to JR + BI + Deng + Hart for KL and Lamarcus Aldridge.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Best path to a Superteam... does not include Rondo.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Best path to a Superteam... does not include Rondo.

Key; It's a 1 year contract. What's going to happen with IT? Can't wait for the Boston game.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
sandj
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Can't post new topic. So I can only reply here.

Now that Randle is gone, he is the last one leaving among those who got drafted before Kobe retired. I still remember clearly before Kobe left the game in his last game, he embraced D.Russ, J.C., Randle & Lance. It was like passing the torch to them. But now all were gone.

(1) D.Russ, J.C., Lance, Randle
(2) Ball, Hart, Kuzma, Ingram

Which one will you rather have in your team?
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject:

sandj wrote:
Can't post new topic. So I can only reply here.

Now that Randle is gone, he is the last one leaving among those who got drafted before Kobe retired. I still remember clearly before Kobe left the game in his last game, he embraced D.Russ, J.C., Randle & Lance. It was like passing the torch to them. But now all were gone.

(1) D.Russ, J.C., Lance, Randle
(2) Ball, Hart, Kuzma, Ingram

Which one will you rather have in your team?

We kept the right ones, however, Randle and Nance are both solid players and will go on to show it. DLO and JC are low usage role players.

Ball, Kuzma and Ingram are all eventual starters in the NBA, all three are capable of being star players. Hart will be a solid, high usage, role player.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

I don't understand the JR renouncement.

Seems like we have glut of guards with Ball, Rondo, KCP, Stevenson, Hart a even SVI. I guess they are planning to play some of them at SF.

Seem like we are light at the SF/PF with LBJ, Kuz, and BI even is SVI is considered a SF. I guess we have Deng maybe it is time to dust off the cobwebs at least we know he is rested. Mo maybe plays some PF.

Letting of a emerging star for nothing just seems stupid to me. Yes he wanted to go but all he needed was a little love.

I kind of understand the Rondo move cause Ball is so fragile but we could have signed him kept Randle and passed on KCP. Also Randle could have given us 15 minutes as a small ball center which is now a weak position.

I still trust Magic Rob but they did not maximize their assets and the 9/9 that Randle signed would seem to be a good deal for them.

Seems like the focus is on defense with the signings but again Randle was our best player and our best defender. Seems like emotions on both sides ruled the day.
BornReady
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:

It was just reported on bleacher report that Jimmy Butler wants out of Minn. You’d think the wolves would consider trading him and the asking price shouldn’t be as much as Kawhi, plus he’s healthy. What you guys think?
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject:

Thanks Eric!
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
I don't understand the JR renouncement.

Seems like we have glut of guards with Ball, Rondo, KCP, Stevenson, Hart a even SVI. I guess they are planning to play some of them at SF.

Seem like we are light at the SF/PF with LBJ, Kuz, and BI even is SVI is considered a SF. I guess we have Deng maybe it is time to dust off the cobwebs at least we know he is rested. Mo maybe plays some PF.

Letting of a emerging star for nothing just seems stupid to me. Yes he wanted to go but all he needed was a little love.

I kind of understand the Rondo move cause Ball is so fragile but we could have signed him kept Randle and passed on KCP. Also Randle could have given us 15 minutes as a small ball center which is now a weak position.

I still trust Magic Rob but they did not maximize their assets and the 9/9 that Randle signed would seem to be a good deal for them.

Seems like the focus is on defense with the signings but again Randle was our best player and our best defender. Seems like emotions on both sides ruled the day.

There's been rumblings on Twitter and elsewhere that Randle didn't want a 1 year deal or what the Lakers were offering him. There is also indications that the Lakers FO and Randle's agent do not get along at all. Like most things there is more context than we can see on the surface.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject:

BornReady wrote:
It was just reported on bleacher report that Jimmy Butler wants out of Minn. You’d think the wolves would consider trading him and the asking price shouldn’t be as much as Kawhi, plus he’s healthy. What you guys think?

Welcome aboard! Yes, I'd love Butler. Maybe for Zo & Deng. Not sure what Minny would think of that, though.
BornReady
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
Welcome aboard! Yes, I'd love Butler. Maybe for Zo & Deng. Not sure what Minny would think of that, though.

Thanks Yeah that deal would work out perfect. Thibs seems to like picking up his old players so it’s possible he would want Deng.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers Multimedia All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: