Dwight Howard wants to come back to the lakers (Expected to sign with Wizards, pg 10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject:

Shaqman55 wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:

The funny part is Rondo/Lebron/Dwight is a quasi super team in 2011.

Fixed

No one's talking about a superteam... it's beating a superteam with depth

Ball/Rondo vs. Curry
KCP/Hart vs. Klay
Ingram/Svi vs. KD
LBJ/Kuzma vs. Draymond
Dwight/McGee vs. Boogie

Our two man rotations wear out the super team.

If we were one deep... they'd win.

With our depth we wear them out.

How can you not see this?

We have a legit chance to win the title with Dwight because we are deep.

They are capped out so they will have Livingston/Iggy and minimum deals.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Yep... people forgive Kobe for not shooting in a game 7 because he was annoyed with the press... not even mentioning his off court issues.

They forget Chamberlain faked an injury when the Lakers fell behind the Celtics in game 7... and then tried to go back in when the game got close again...

It doesn't bother them either that Kawhi refused to play in an entire playoffs because he felt disrespected

But somehow Dwight is the evil that cannot be signed?

Either disavow Kobe, Chamberlain, and Kawhi... or get off the high horse.

We need defense and rebounds... we should have got Boogie but we didn't... so now we need to sign Dwight.

Unless all you want is a nice trouble free season with less stress... then sign Brook.

If you want to compete for the title... you sign Dwight.

We couldn't afford Capela... Julius wanted more than we could give... we must feel that void of defense and rebounds.

Again... read the NBA history books if you think Dwight is so much worse than some of the jerseys on our walls.

You're comparing a couple of out-of-character actions of 2 HOF top-10 players of all time to Dwight's career-long shenanigans, but the rest of us are on a high horse?!?!?
supermegamen
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Shaqman55 wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:

The funny part is Rondo/Lebron/Dwight is a quasi super team in 2011.

Fixed

No one's talking about a superteam... it's beating a superteam with depth

Ball/Rondo vs. Curry
KCP/Hart vs. Klay
Ingram/Svi vs. KD
LBJ/Kuzma vs. Draymond
Dwight/McGee vs. Boogie

Our two man rotations wear out the super team.

If we were one deep... they'd win.

With our depth we wear them out.

How can you not see this?

We have a legit chance to win the title with Dwight because we are deep.

They are capped out so they will have Livingston/Iggy and minimum deals.

Hate to say it and Kobe will probably die if we're actually doing this, but adding Dwight on a one-year deal might be the way to go if we want to seriously content this year. He just fits our D scheme for this season.

I hate that guy af, but from a basketball standpoint he'd probably be the one thing we need.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject:

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice...and let's call it the suicide squad!

The Warriors have such a ridiculously stacked roster that beating them in the finals seems unlikely for anyone. Who else can we legitimately sign that will make us a real competitor to the Warriors this year? Is there anyone? It's all or nothing.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Yep... people forgive Kobe for not shooting in a game 7 because he was annoyed with the press... not even mentioning his off court issues.

They forget Chamberlain faked an injury when the Lakers fell behind the Celtics in game 7... and then tried to go back in when the game got close again...

It doesn't bother them either that Kawhi refused to play in an entire playoffs because he felt disrespected

We need defense and rebounds... we should have got Boogie but we didn't... so now we need to sign Dwight.

Unless all you want is a nice trouble free season with less stress... then sign Brook.

We couldn't afford Capela... Julius wanted more than we could give... we must feel that void of defense and rebounds.

Again... read the NBA history books if you think Dwight is so much worse than some of the jerseys on our walls.

You're comparing a couple of out-of-character actions of 2 HOF top-10 players of all time to Dwight's career-long shenanigans, but the rest of us are on a high horse?!?!?

Difference here is that we are not asking him to be a team leader... we are asking him to be a one year role player to neutralize Boogie until we can sign him ourselves or until Kawhi comes.

It's good strategy.

I'm not here to besmirch our rose colored memories of our players

I'm only pointing it out to say that Dwight's actions are not the end of the world.

I've fully admitted he can be a pain in the ass... but he's like Richard Gere in an Officer and a Gentleman right now

He's got nowhere else to go...

If he plays well, he saves his legacy... if he doesn't he permanently ruins it forever.

Pretty good reason for him to try hard... and we only need to deal with it for a year.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:

This thread pisses me off!

That several pages have been spent even considering Howard is disappointing.

Some fans either with really short memories or not old enough to drink yet. Completely ignoring Howard's long history of being a delusional chemistry killer and will suddenly have this career epiphany and fall in line is kind of comical. Relying on stats as the indicator instead of his track record of being an idiot.

But what pisses me off is the Lakers had the physical "dirty work" guy on the roster that signed for well below what many expected due to the market this season. And the FO was so distracted they let him go for nothing.

It is water under the bridge but this discussion of needing a physical presence in the paint is such a stark reminder of what was squandered.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject:

This conversation is BANANAS!!!!
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

When was this?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject:

I thought Dwight had a really good season last year
He was all star level or close

However since I don’t think adding him will result in us moving ahead of Houston or State, the risk in adding him are not worth it.

Factor we already have head cases in Lance and Rajon, a young team, no way. This comes from someone who thinks Dwight has had a very good career and is a HOF Center.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

When was this?

http://www.travelgolf.com/blogs/chris.baldwin/2006/05/11/kobe_bryant_s_game_7_no_shot_pout_the_mo
Return2greatness
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject:

What winning team has brolo ever been on lol you all are crazy. Dwight would be the best option for this team that is left. Brolo does not rebound and my goodness last year there were stretches he was just chucking 3s. I am not a fan of Dwight but he is so much better then brolo it is not funny. Get over the past, it’s a business not freaking kumbaya. It is really a no risk move. If he is acting stupid, cut him. That’s it
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Bol wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

When was this?

http://www.travelgolf.com/blogs/chris.baldwin/2006/05/11/kobe_bryant_s_game_7_no_shot_pout_the_mo

Link doesn't work for me. But a blog on travelgolf.com doesn't seem like a great source.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Bol wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

When was this?

That's your source.

Some Travel Golf Blogger.

Really...

I'd laugh, but it would be wasting a good chuckle.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
This thread pisses me off!

That several pages have been spent even considering Howard is disappointing.

Some fans either with really short memories or not old enough to drink yet. Completely ignoring Howard's long history of being a delusional chemistry killer and will suddenly have this career epiphany and fall in line is kind of comical. Relying on stats as the indicator instead of his track record of being an idiot.

But what pisses me off is the Lakers had the physical "dirty work" guy on the roster that signed for well below what many expected due to the market this season. And the FO was so distracted they let him go for nothing.

It is water under the bridge but this discussion of needing a physical presence in the paint is such a stark reminder of what was squandered.

If we get Brook... I'll still enjoy the season... love our young core... love our two new rookies who I watched last night.

And I like Brook as a person... seems like a great guy.

I'll love seeing what LBJ and Rondo combined with a better version of Lonzo do with the team.

I think they will do great with or without Dwight.

But when it comes to that last piece of the puzzle... the thing we are lacking to win the title. Sadly for us, that missing piece is now defense and rebounding.

Dwight is superior in that respect.

I'm going to enjoy myself either way... but if I take emotion out of the equation... I'm trying to beat GSW... I use Dwight to neutralize Draymond and Boogie... not Brook.

I bet if you were playing a videogame you'd use him too.

Yes, I get that life isn't a video game... but Brook cannot deal with that Warriors front line.

But if we get Brook... the sentimental side of me will be happy.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Bol wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

When was this?

That's your source.

Really...

https://www.complex.com/sports/2013/01/kobe-bryant-badass-or-jackass/jackass-refused-to-shoot-in-playoffs-to-prove-poi

Also... I watched the freaking game myself...

Last edited by Sentient Meat on Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

However since I don’t think adding him will result in us moving ahead of Houston or State, the risk in adding him are not worth it.

Factor we already have head cases in Lance and Rajon, a young team, no way. This comes from someone who thinks Dwight has had a very good career and is a HOF Center.

I don't see what the risk is. You give him vets min. Have LeBron keep an eye on him along with Luke. Let him know upfront what his role is. The second he acts up in any way, shape or form, cut him.

Last edited by srm90 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

Kawhi didn't play in the Playoffs because he didn't feel ready due to his injury. Kobe didn't shoot because Phil subliminally blamed him for their loss, saying he doesn't pass enough, so he passed. If you want Dwight, that's fine, but don't create a false narrative to support what you would like.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

#StayAwayD12
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Bol wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

When was this?

That's your source.

Really...

https://www.complex.com/sports/2013/01/kobe-bryant-badass-or-jackass/jackass-refused-to-shoot-in-playoffs-to-prove-poi

'Refused to shoot in playoffs'

Just the title alone eliminates ANY credibility.

In order to have watched the 'freaking game' yourself, you would've had to opened your good eye. That clearly didn't happen.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject:

JamezAmp wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Well, with the loss of Randle, we need a tough guy bruiser type to complement Kuzma. Dwight would fit that bill. So yeah, I guess I would take him.

Tough guy???

This clown is a soft ass (bleep)

For those who don't belive, take Kobe's word
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Kawhi didn't play in the Playoffs because he didn't feel ready due to his injury. Kobe didn't shoot because Phil subliminally blamed him for their loss, saying he doesn't pass enough, so he passed. If you want Dwight, that's fine, but don't create a false narrative to support what you would like.

Either he was legitimately hurt for a year, in which case we should be worried about his health... or he was hurt for part of the time and then annoyed with the front office... in which case we are not so worried about his health.

Which is it?

Because from what I can see... no one is worried about his health... including Kawhi himself who isn't really worried about financial security right now.

Kobe being annoyed with the press and Phil is no excuse... just like it was no excuse for Rondo to pout with Carlisle.

My point is only that the league is filled with glass houses.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject:

Brook Lopez on this squad is basically a taller Kevin Love without the rebounds. How did that work for Lebron in Cleveland?

Sign Howard he has something to prove.

People wanted headcase Cousins coming off an Achilles on the Lakers but no to "headcase" immature dwight howard who played his best in about 3-4 seasons on a really bad charlotte team. It was not even a contract year. You did not hear any problems and the charlotte situation could have frustrated anyone. He was quite professional there.

Also he was around Michael Jordan. Maybe MJ rubbed off on him and changed his professional perspective

No body from the Dwightmare days are still here except Jeanie Buss.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Very much my view point too. I might lean a bit towards him due to feeling like we just "MIGHT", just might be able to get by the Warriors and Rockets....
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Bol wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

When was this?

That's your source.

Really...

'Refused to shoot in playoffs'

Just the title alone eliminates ANY credibility.

In order to have watched the 'freaking game' yourself, you would've had to opened your good eye. That clearly didn't happen.

How about NBA.com? That credible enough for you?

http://www.nba.com/games/20060506/LALPHX/recap.html
VincentTH
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
#Stay

(no, really, Dwight. Wherever you are, just stay there)

Where is Jeanie Buss when need her? LOL
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10
Jump to: