Kyrie Irving and Jimmy Butler Looking To Play Together

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tsumlakers88
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Kyrie Irving and Jimmy Butler Looking To Play Together

Quote:
Boston Celtics point guard Kyrie Irving and Minnesota Timberwolves shooting guard Jimmy Butler are trying to find a way to play together, according to a report from the Chicago Sun-Times. Both players are eligible for free agency next summer.

I had a vision/dream earlier this year that the Lakers and Knicks would play each other in the 2022 NBA Finals. Although I think a Lakers/Celtics Finals rematch is more imminent than Lakers/Knicks at this time, it would be cool to see New York become relevant again as well since they plan on having cap space over the next couple of summers. A Irving/Butler backcourt with a healthy Porzingis could compete in the East now that LeBron has left, too.

Also, I think it's doubtful that the Lakers sign either of these cats next summer (especially Irving, for obvious reasons). Jimmy would be a great fit going up against the likes of the Warriors but the Celtics losing Kyrie would be a nice consolation prize.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Knicks.
LakerFan1972
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like Irving is thinking about life after Boston. It wouldn't surprise me if Boston moves Irving by Feb trading deadline.

Ainge always squeezes as much as he can out of every asset.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: