Wimbledon 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

oh wow, this seems to have been quite the match so far. Bummer I missed most of it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject:

22-22 Ishner's serve is keeping him in the match.

Djo playing marbles waiting to come to the next match.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

Looks like Isner may be starting to fade.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

Isner with another ridiculously long Wimbledon match....the last one I heard took both participants months to get back into rhythm.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

Anderson really earned that one.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

Djoker/Nadal winner will likely demolish Kevin Anderson after his 2 five-setters unless they go through a grueling five-setter of their own.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Djoker/Nadal winner will likely demolish Kevin Anderson after his 2 five-setters unless they go through a grueling five-setter of their own.

That's why I don't like the Wimbledon 5th set tie break format.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

Damn - wish Isner won that one. I dont remember the last time an American won Wimbleton (probably Sampras).
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Part of the game imo. I love the epic challenge of the 5th set at Wimbledon. 2009 Fed vs. Roddick was amazing to watch!
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Look at the list of the longest matches. Only a fraction took place at Wimbledon.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Look at the list of the longest matches. Only a fraction took place at Wimbledon.

OK. I still don't like the 5th set tie break at Wimbledon. McEnroe feels as I do.

I'd be OK with it if it were the finals. I think it gives an advantage to the player who doesn't have to play 15 20 more games in the semi finals.

Djo is staying calm after unforced errors. He's only lost it once. Maybe he should let some steam off.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Part of the game imo. I love the epic challenge of the 5th set at Wimbledon. 2009 Fed vs. Roddick was amazing to watch!

Again, I'd be OK with it if it were the finals. I think it gives an advantage to the player who doesn't have to play 15 20 more games in the semi finals.

Djo doesn't seem to be playing with the fire of old. IMO he seem so unassuming. He doesn't seem to want it as much.

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Isner with another ridiculously long Wimbledon match....the last one I heard took both participants months to get back into rhythm.

I remember that one.

2010 Wimbledon. Isner beat Mahut in 5th set tie-break 70-68.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I remember that one.

2010 Wimbledon. Isner beat Mahut in 5th set tie-break 70-68.

Took 3 days. Can you imagine the affect it would have had on Djokovic and Nadal if they had to wait 3 days to get on the court to finish their semi match?

I look for the winner of this match to beat Anderson. Kevin has to be spent.

Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Amazing that Isner was in both today's match and that epic 2010 one.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Again, I'd be OK with it if it were the finals. I think it gives an advantage to the player who doesn't have to play 15 20 more games in the semi finals.

Djo doesn't seem to be playing with the fire of old. IMO he seem so unassuming. He doesn't seem to want it as much.

If a player doesn't want the extra milage, then they should close out their match earlier. As BG said, part of the game.

It's not really any different than an NBA team going to 7 games in their series with every game going to overtime versus a team that sweeps in blowouts.

Get the job done as quick as you can. If you can't, deal with it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

If a player doesn't want the extra milage, then they should close out their match earlier. As BG said, part of the game.

It's not really any different than an NBA team going to 7 games in their series with every game going to overtime versus a team that sweeps in blowouts.

Are you serious? If they could they would.

Players get it done as quick as they can so they don't have to deal with it.

DMR; Luv ya bro but you're just being a contrarian. Your arguments make no sense.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

That's the point. So why should either player be saved via an arbitrary stopping point?

Quote:

DMR; Luv ya bro but you're just being a contrarian. Your arguments make no sense.

So wait, You're the one talking about abolishing the rule and yet you are calling me a contrarian? And then you top it off by claiming I make no sense.

I love you too old man, but you are a (bleeping) crazy person.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

That's the point. So why should either player be saved via an arbitrary stopping point?

Quote:

So wait, You're the one talking about abolishing the rule and yet you are calling me a contrarian? And then you top it off by claiming I make no sense.

Challenge; Show me where I said I wanted to abolish the rule. I said I didn't like it and gave reasons why. Nowhere did I advocate abolishing the rule. You omitted this in your reply
Quote:
Again, I'd be OK with it if it were the finals.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Quote:

Challenge; Show me where I said I wanted to abolish the rule. I said I didn't like it and gave reasons why. Nowhere did I advocate abolishing the rule.

Fine, "you don't like" the rule, but I'm the contrarian because I support it . . . does that really sound better to you?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Quote:

Challenge; Show me where I said I wanted to abolish the rule. I said I didn't like it and gave reasons why. Nowhere did I advocate abolishing the rule.

Fine, "you don't like" the rule, but I'm the contrarian because I support it . . . does that really sound better to you?

But..But...But You said I wanted to abolish the rule. No, you're a contrarian because you change goal posts to fit your narrative. By the By, that's just your nature.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Quote:

But..But...But You said I wanted to abolish the rule. No, you're a contrarian because you change goal posts to fit your narrative. By the By, that's just your nature.

Whatever floats your boat Noah.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Quote:

Whatever floats your boat Noah.

OK George.

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:44 am    Post subject:

What a match going on between Nole and Rafa!
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:34 am    Post subject:

Great match! Glad to see Nadal taken out as a Federer fan It's also good to see Djokovic on the rise. With Murray and Djoker dealing with injuries, the slams haven't been as compelling recently. Now, there will be a lot of competition at the U.S. Open!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: