I'm a lifelong Laker fan who's not a fan of signing LeBron
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Nordvader wrote:
I can't believe so many people are heartbroken about Paul George not coming, like he's a top 10-15 player. He's nothing to really lose sleep over he's a good player but there's many better options available.

As they look at javale McGee Kcp and rondo on the starting squad.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Just my opinion but threads like these aren’t needed, it’s gonna cause posters to start stir and baiting
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Lebron being here doesn't threaten Kobe's legacy. I know you're going to saying thats not it but I really do think thats what it comes down to even if you're doing it subconsciously.

That's exactly what it is. Some of these people are seriously worried Lebron is going some win some rings and Kobe will be forgotten.

Crying about losing Paul George? This is a guy who with Westbrook and Melo lost in the first round to a team led by a 21 year old. Oh BTW he scored 6 points in their elimination game yet this guy is supposed to lead us to a ring?

I'd rather have the 3 time NBA champion on our team who isn't scared of taking of risk and putting faith in upper management that they can build a championship caliber team around him.

Besides like someone else said, PG would have cost us Ingram who IMO is a better player with more upside than Randle.
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:

I find it so incredibly narrow minded and ridiculous that people here automatically just assume that Lebron = Championships.

As currently constructed the Lakers are somewhat closer to contention but still miles away.

Without better perimeter gunners and 3 more solid vets we are still a 2nd round playoff exit, at best.

I would have loved to watch our young players grow and evolve together to form a championship team, but with the addition of Lebron I am noticing this all pervasive mentality of " our savior has arrived" which rubs me and all the super long time Laker fans completely the wrong way.
KobeIsTheOne
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject:

mj32 wrote:
PG13 would have cost us Ingram and others.

He opted out. He was a free agent this summer.

It would not have costed us Ingram.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-130129/daily-dime

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kobe-bryant-thinks-neo-matrix-could-ve-best-174850191--nba.html
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject:

PostMalone24 wrote:
So we get the best player in the world, and Laker fans still complain gottt dayum

At the tail end of his career with little support around him. Not sure what there is to be excited about.
KobeIsTheOne
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
I find it so incredibly narrow minded and ridiculous that people here automatically just assume that Lebron = Championships.

As currently constructed the Lakers are somewhat closer to contention but still miles away.

Without better perimeter gunners and 3 more solid vets we are still a 2nd round playoff exit, at best.

I would have loved to watch our young players grow and evolve together to form a championship team, but with the addition of Lebron I am noticing this all pervasive mentality of " our savior has arrived" which rubs me and all the super long time Laker fans completely the wrong way.

Exactly this. ^^^

I've been a fan of the Lakers for over 30 years. Since I was 9 and experienced the low of the Ralph Sampson shot in '86 and then the elation of the real real junior sky hook the next year.

The problem is it's going to be about LEBRON now, and not the LAKERS. He's not a team first guy, and that's the main thing I don't enjoy about his character. He's all about himself and his brand, which I believe is the MAIN reason he's coming here.

From the article: "Sure, there are spoiled Laker fans who accept nothing less than annual championships, but to me, fandom is about more than sheer winning. The view from the top of the mountain is ever more breathtaking when your breath has actually been taken away by the climb. (I know, I know, insert Kobe helicopter joke here.) Our 2009 title over the Magic, and especially our 2010 summiting of the Celtics, felt so good because of the flameout in 2008."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kobe-bryant-thinks-neo-matrix-could-ve-best-174850191--nba.html
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject:

I may not always like what players come and go but in end I always root for the players that have Lakers written on the front of the jersey.
KobeIsTheOne
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Lebron being here doesn't threaten Kobe's legacy. I know you're going to saying thats not it but I really do think thats what it comes down to even if you're doing it subconsciously.

That's exactly what it is. Some of these people are seriously worried Lebron is going some win some rings and Kobe will be forgotten.

Crying about losing Paul George? This is a guy who with Westbrook and Melo lost in the first round to a team led by a 21 year old. Oh BTW he scored 6 points in their elimination game yet this guy is supposed to lead us to a ring?

I'd rather have the 3 time NBA champion on our team who isn't scared of taking of risk and putting faith in upper management that they can build a championship caliber team around him.

Besides like someone else said, PG would have cost us Ingram who IMO is a better player with more upside than Randle.

This has nothing to do with Kobe. It has to do with enjoying watching a TEAM develop, not one guy who is all about himself.

LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:

So you think you speak for all "super long time Laker fans?"
TheeLakeshow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject:

KobeIsTheOne wrote:
mj32 wrote:
PG13 would have cost us Ingram and others.

He opted out. He was a free agent this summer.

It would not have costed us Ingram.

You have to read the entire conversation before forming a response. This was in regard to PG's quote that he wanted to come to the lakers last year yet they didnt "go get him" and thus was subsequently traded to OKC. In that situation it would have taken Ingram + to make it happen......

Thee Jason in LA
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject:

KobeIsTheOne wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

Exactly this. ^^^

I've been a fan of the Lakers for over 30 years. Since I was 9 and experienced the low of the Ralph Sampson shot in '86 and then the elation of the real real junior sky hook the next year.

The problem is it's going to be about LEBRON now, and not the LAKERS. He's not a team first guy, and that's the main thing I don't enjoy about his character. He's all about himself and his brand, which I believe is the MAIN reason he's coming here.

From the article: "Sure, there are spoiled Laker fans who accept nothing less than annual championships, but to me, fandom is about more than sheer winning. The view from the top of the mountain is ever more breathtaking when your breath has actually been taken away by the climb. (I know, I know, insert Kobe helicopter joke here.) Our 2009 title over the Magic, and especially our 2010 summiting of the Celtics, felt so good because of the flameout in 2008."

Hey man just know that you are not alone, there are a ton of people like you and I out there that feel the same way. We were fans before the Lebron jockers, and we will be fans long after he is gone. In the mean time just take it as it comes, appreciate the game when you see it being played the right way and above all else thank the heavens above that you've been blessed as a Laker fan. You could have been born a Nets fan.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject:

^^Yes, precisely.
Lebron doesn't get an automatic pass just because he's a Laker. Once again, he doesn't waste any time making sure he is in the best situation for HIMSELF. But he is a Laker so this is my personal deal....3 rings. If he gets 3 rings, then he gets some Laker love. He's got to deliver, not just hype. Beat the warriors in the playoffs and beat the Celtics in the Finals. The proof is in the pudding. We all know he's the greatest ever and has the greatest numbers and everything is amazing. Let's see some rings and results.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

To the world outside of Laker Nation, our fan base can seem extremely spoiled. Can’t blame us, we have had some of the greatest to ever play the game don the purple and gold.

But to say you’re not excited or happy about the idea of the best player in the world playing for our franchise just rubs me the wrong way.

I’m not only excited at the prospect of our team being much much better and more enjoyable to watch, but the notion that we can even compete for a championship is now a reality, at least until we finish adding the finishing pieces to a contending roster.

Yes, as of right now, we won’t beat the Warriors, but we’re not done creating and in due time, will have the necessary pieces to get us over the hump. Hopefully without giving up Kuzma and Ingram, as they are a bright light on what is a pretty damn good future for us right now.

We signed a player who had led his team to the finals 9 times in a row.

I don’t care about his win loss record, considering he’s basically had to face all star teams for the last 3 years in the finals.

He’s 33 and still well in his prime. His stats speak for themselves. Win/loss record with less talent than we have now. Eastern conference or not, NBA level players aren’t just going to let teams beat them because fo the conference they play for. He’s just that good.

He’s also a guy who has a larger than life personality. That may rub some people the wrong way considering we’re used to Kobe’s quiet assassin killer mentality for years. But if you’re expecting post game interviews where our star player repeatedly talks about “executing and accepting the challenge”, you got another thing coming.

LeBron dances on the court, he celebrates with his teammates with a more vibrant and goofy approach, but you know what the one constant there is? He continues winning. At least at the highest level possible until you’re left having to face the Golden State All Stars in the finals.

Why any Laker fan wouldn’t be celebrating this is beyond me.

And I hate to sound like I’m insulting anyone, because I don’t want to come off that way especially to the super fans here at LG. But some of you just can’t appreciate anything this team does. It’s been a trend for years, and I guess I shouldn’t have expected that trend to suddenly change now that we got the best player in the world for the next 3- 4 seasons.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

This fanbase is soooooooooo spoiled.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Agree with the op

And since he’s signed, the members of this forum have turned into typical Lebron groupies.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
^^Yes, precisely.
Lebron doesn't get an automatic pass just because he's a Laker. Once again, he doesn't waste any time making sure he is in the best situation for HIMSELF. But he is a Laker so this is my personal deal....3 rings. If he gets 3 rings, then he gets some Laker love. He's got to deliver, not just hype. Beat the warriors in the playoffs and beat the Celtics in the Finals. The proof is in the pudding. We all know he's the greatest ever and has the greatest numbers and everything is amazing. Let's see some rings and results.

I certainly don't "know he's the greatest ever". He's a great player that has spent his career in a weak conference on two super teams, to get three rings... Meh
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:
So we get the best player in the world, and Laker fans still complain gottt dayum

At the tail end of his career with little support around him. Not sure what there is to be excited about.

Tail end of this career? Just a few months ago he averaged 34/8/10 in the NBA finals, while Paul George was sitting on his couch playing Fortnite.

Played all 82 games.

When it comes to LeBron, age is exception not the rule. Him being 33 is equivalent someone else in the NBA at 30. Physically he is a genetic freak. He is still going to be playing at a high level going into his late 30s due to his freakish size, and the fact that he has no major injury history. He also spends close to $2 million every year on conditioning his body.

Last edited by george w kush on Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

SDLakersFan wrote:
Agree with the op

And since he’s signed, the members of this forum have turned into typical Lebron groupies.

Which is weird. I don't understand the hype. He's going to rot on our dime, while we continue losing.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

SDLakersFan wrote:
Agree with the op

As opposing to rooting for our newly minted franchise player?

Come on man...

Last edited by GTL on Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostMalone24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
^^Yes, precisely.

I certainly don't "know he's the greatest ever". He's a great player that has spent his career in a weak conference on two super teams, to get three rings... Meh

Take off your Lebron Hate glasses for a second, and you will see that LBJ is already a top 3 player of all time, he might go down as the GOAT dude is (bleep) ridiculous
Star Player
Star Player

george w kush wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:

Tail end of this career? Just a few months ago he averaged 34/8/10 in the NBA finals, while Paul George was sitting on his couch playing Fortnite.

Played all 82 games.

When it comes to LeBron, age is exception not the rule. Him being 33 is equivalent someone else in the NBA at 30. Physically he is a genetic freak. He is still going to be playing at a high level going into his late 30s due to his freakish size, and the fact that he has no major injury history. He also spends close to $2 million every year on conditioning his body.

Don’t even bother, some people are going to make excuses for the negative no matter what you say.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

Seriously overrating the young players again.

There is no guarantee

PG is nice but let’s be real. He’s no Lebron
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

george w kush wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:

Played all 82 games.

Plenty of people thought Kobe would last longer until he tore his achilles. LeBron is one hundred percent at the tail end of his career.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:

PostMalone24 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
^^Yes, precisely.

Take off your Lebron Hate glasses for a second, and you will see that LBJ is already a top 3 player of all time, he might go down as the GOAT dude is (bleep) ridiculous

Disagree, nothing goat worthy about his nba success. Steph Curry is about to burry his ring count.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 2 of 34
Jump to: