I'm a lifelong Laker fan who's not a fan of signing LeBron
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2017 Summer League Champs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:

One of the nice things about signing LeBron is it's going to weed out the Kobe only fans. I would trade any player no matter how attached I was to improve the Lakers. The Kobe only fans have been bugging me for a while. They should stay on Kobe fan sites rather than masquerading as a Laker fan. I have a good friend and we grew up watching the Lakers together and all the guy cares about is Kobe winning and LeBron losing. He is now actively rooting against the Lakers because he would rather LeBron's legacy not surpass Kobe's over the Lakers winning. He ordered a Tatum jersey right after LeBron announcement.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
^^Yes, precisely.
Lebron doesn't get an automatic pass just because he's a Laker. Once again, he doesn't waste any time making sure he is in the best situation for HIMSELF. But he is a Laker so this is my personal deal....3 rings. If he gets 3 rings, then he gets some Laker love. He's got to deliver, not just hype. Beat the warriors in the playoffs and beat the Celtics in the Finals. The proof is in the pudding. We all know he's the greatest ever and has the greatest numbers and everything is amazing. Let's see some rings and results.

I certainly don't "know he's the greatest ever". He's a great player that has spent his career in a weak conference on two super teams, to get three rings... Meh

yea sorry i was totally being sarcastic...
"Oh, he's the GREATEST EVER!" Is he better than Wilt? MJ? What a beast!

Just get some rings, i don't give a @!#$ about your stats and ppg and apg and rpg and PER and all that, and how good you are in carrying your "sucky" teammates all these years. Youre in LA now, you win rings or bust. THeir aint nothing else here. Rings Ernuh. THat's the Lakers. Like it hasn't been torutre enough with the damn veto, achilles injury, all the free agents passing, having Satan sign here for the biggest salary the Lakers have ever given out, Celtics making ECF with all their stars injured, we tanked for years and are just letting the draft picks go, team full of guys that cant make free throws...Warriors picking up all stars for a few bucks. GOddam. It may be entertaining for some, but these next 4 years will be brutal.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

kobeandgary wrote:
george w kush wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:
So we get the best player in the world, and Laker fans still complain gottt dayum

At the tail end of his career with little support around him. Not sure what there is to be excited about.

Tail end of this career? Just a few months ago he averaged 34/8/10 in the NBA finals, while Paul George was sitting on his couch playing Fortnite.

Played all 82 games.

When it comes to LeBron, age is exception not the rule. Him being 33 is equivalent someone else in the NBA at 30. Physically he is a genetic freak. He is still going to be playing at a high level going into his late 30s due to his freakish size, and the fact that he has no major injury history. He also spends close to $2 million every year on conditioning his body.

Plenty of people thought Kobe would last longer until he tore his achilles. LeBron is one hundred percent at the tail end of his career.

LeBron is a physical specimen the likes the NBA has never seen. Comparing him to Kobe isn’t a fair comparison without taking into consideration that Kobe has been injured more, and isn’t a tank like James. Bryant’s injuries certainly shortened his career.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

as a lifelong laker fan how did you feel about gary payton and karl malone in the purple and gold?

if you rooted for them you can root for lebron

imagine not being happy that one of the greatest players of all time, possibly the greatest, is playing for your team. bizarre
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
as a lifelong laker fan how did you feel about gary payton and karl malone in the purple and gold?

imagine not being happy that one of the greatest players of all time, possibly the greatest, is playing for your team. bizarre

dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
I find it so incredibly narrow minded and ridiculous that people here automatically just assume that Lebron = Championships.

As currently constructed the Lakers are somewhat closer to contention but still miles away.

Without better perimeter gunners and 3 more solid vets we are still a 2nd round playoff exit, at best.

I would have loved to watch our young players grow and evolve together to form a championship team, but with the addition of Lebron I am noticing this all pervasive mentality of " our savior has arrived" which rubs me and all the super long time Laker fans completely the wrong way.

So you think you speak for all "super long time Laker fans?"

No, probably just the majority of the intelligent ones.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
george w kush wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:
So we get the best player in the world, and Laker fans still complain gottt dayum

At the tail end of his career with little support around him. Not sure what there is to be excited about.

Tail end of this career? Just a few months ago he averaged 34/8/10 in the NBA finals, while Paul George was sitting on his couch playing Fortnite.

Played all 82 games.

When it comes to LeBron, age is exception not the rule. Him being 33 is equivalent someone else in the NBA at 30. Physically he is a genetic freak. He is still going to be playing at a high level going into his late 30s due to his freakish size, and the fact that he has no major injury history. He also spends close to $2 million every year on conditioning his body.

Plenty of people thought Kobe would last longer until he tore his achilles. LeBron is one hundred percent at the tail end of his career.

LeBron is a physical specimen the likes the NBA has never seen. Comparing him to Kobe isn’t a fair comparison without taking into consideration that Kobe has been injured more, and isn’t a tank like James. Bryant’s injuries certainly shortened his career.

OK, we can compare him to Karl Malone then... Or maybe Dominique Wilkins?
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:

Did we give them max contracts for four years?
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Kobe fan. Magic fan. LeBron fan.

They all nice but I’m a LAKER fan!!!

As long as we win we can have Kevin McHale leading this team!
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
george w kush wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:

Played all 82 games.

Kobe has had a plethora of random injuries while Lebron hasn't.

33/8/10 in the NBA finals and at the tail end of his career. Stats Kobe could only dream of in an NBA finals. If anyone else put up anything close to those stats you would assume they're still in their prime.

BTW it's hilarious to me seeing so many people defend Lebron just because he's a Laker now.

Last edited by george w kush on Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
george w kush wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:

Played all 82 games.

OH man...pretty soon the Laker fans are going to realize how wrong their expectations about this guy are. Yea he's big and strong, and also not able to do a lot of things we will expect. He's no wizard on the court like KObe or Magic. There's even doubt if he can sacrifice his stats for the good of the team, this will be the first time if he does.

I still always think about how badly Dwight got exposed here, and Lebron will be similar, but hopefully not that bad. A big thing to keep an eye on...lebron makes a living off driving and just flat out pushing guys off. If he gets those calls here (Lakers do NOT get such calls typically) then that will be a big plus for us. If he doesn't, we are not going to win jack...at least not because of him.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject:

we signed the literal best basketball player on the planet who will still probably be top 10 by the end of this contract

hard to not be a fan of that
bum2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

kobeandgary wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

Did we give them max contracts for four years?
Neither of them were deserving of one.
This guy is the best player in the world and by a mile. You pay for that and he repays you by taking teams further than they should realistically go.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

Also I've been a Laker fan since the 80's. Let's all stop hiding behind the "all the lifelong longtime Lakers fans" bull (bleep). Pretending it's some kind of a badge that lets you criticize the signing of Lebron James is infuriating.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dubaholic1 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
I find it so incredibly narrow minded and ridiculous that people here automatically just assume that Lebron = Championships.

As currently constructed the Lakers are somewhat closer to contention but still miles away.

Without better perimeter gunners and 3 more solid vets we are still a 2nd round playoff exit, at best.

I would have loved to watch our young players grow and evolve together to form a championship team, but with the addition of Lebron I am noticing this all pervasive mentality of " our savior has arrived" which rubs me and all the super long time Laker fans completely the wrong way.

Intelligent, no. Whiny, yup.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
GTL wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
george w kush wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:

Played all 82 games.

Wilkins tore his Achilles and still returned and played at a high level. He’s the exception to the Achilles ruins your career rule. But, plenty thought he was done and over with after that injury.

Malone averaged 20/9/5 at 39 with the Jazz. It wasn’t until he came to the Lakers that his numbers fell off due to his role with the team and he unfortunately got injured.

Neither are good comparisons. LeBron is in a league of his own with his conditioning at his age. He plays like he’s in his late 20’s.

Just go watch his highlights from this past season

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mblur8gBI68

Not considering the fact that he had 8 40 point games in the playoffs, with 51 in the finals, and near triple doubles almost each one of those games.

The man is showing no signs of slowing down. Please don’t spread this propaganda
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
Kobe fan. Magic fan. LeBron fan.

They all nice but I’m a LAKER fan!!!

As long as we win we can have Kevin McHale leading this team!

Dayum he went there
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
george w kush wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:

Played all 82 games.

Kobe has had a plethora of random injuries while Lebron hasn't.

33/8/10 in the NBA finals and at the tail end of his career. If anyone else put up anything close to those stats you would assume they're still in their prime.

He's going into his what, 16th season? Dude just signed through his 20th season, with no supporting cast. He's eating up a ton of cap space, and for what?
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
GTL wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
george w kush wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:

Played all 82 games.

Wilkins tore his Achilles and still returned and played at a high level. He’s the exception to the Achilles ruins your career rule. But, plenty thought he was done and over with after that injury.

Malone averaged 20/9/5 at 39 with the Jazz. It wasn’t until he came to the Lakers that his numbers fell off due to his role with the team and he unfortunately got injured.

Neither are good comparisons. LeBron is in a league of his own with his conditioning at his age. He plays like he’s in his late 20’s.

Not considering the fact that he had 8 40 point games in the playoffs, with 51 in the finals, and near triple doubles almost each one of those games.

The man is showing no signs of slowing down. Please don’t spread this propaganda

Lebron doesn't play like he is in his 20s at all. He gets winded quickly, stands around on defense, and refuses to move off the ball.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
GTL wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
george w kush wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:

Played all 82 games.

OH man...pretty soon the Laker fans are going to realize how wrong their expectations about this guy are. Yea he's big and strong, and also not able to do a lot of things we will expect. He's no wizard on the court like KObe or Magic. There's even doubt if he can sacrifice his stats for the good of the team, this will be the first time if he does.

I still always think about how badly Dwight got exposed here, and Lebron will be similar, but hopefully not that bad. A big thing to keep an eye on...lebron makes a living off driving and just flat out pushing guys off. If he gets those calls here (Lakers do NOT get such calls typically) then that will be a big plus for us. If he doesn't, we are not going to win jack...at least not because of him.

He’s the most creative passer in the league. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mblur8gBI68

This isn’t even up for debate. The majority of pundits agree. He’s also a pretty damn good scorer. Averages near 30 points shooting over 50%. What exactly else do you expect from an individual player? Oh lets not forget his 8-9 rebounds per game. He almost averages a triple double at 33 years old and shot 37% from 3 last year and you’re talking about him like he’s Larry Hughes. Come on now.

Last edited by GTL on Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

Intelligent, no. Whiny, yup.

Bro the only whining I am hearing is coming from people who feel like they have to defend Lebron for some reason. Why would people feel the need to defend his signing here?
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:

Well according to the 'intelligent, super life long Laker fans' he's at the tail end of his career. So I guess that settles it
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
GTL wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
george w kush wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:

Played all 82 games.

He’s the most creative passer in the league. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mblur8gBI68

This isn’t even up for debate. The majority of pundits agree. He’s also a pretty damn good scorer. Averages near 30 points shooting over 50%. What exactly else do you expect from an individual player? Oh lets not forget his 8-9 rebounds per game. He almost averages a triple double at 33 years old and shot 37% from 3 last year and you’re talking about him like he’s Larry Hughes. Come on now.

Lebron isn't even the best passer on this team, Rondo is, by far.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Another "threaten Kobe's legacy" garbage.

How about winning? Cause I care a little more about that and passing the Celtics in championships mmmmkay?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 3 of 34
Jump to: