Lakers Jersey Redesign?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:40 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
All I want is us to go back to wearing purple on the road and gold at home. Last year was a complete chaotic (bleep). We wore purple at home and neon banana yellow on the road and white and black were randomly added at odd intervals

Yeah. This whole "icon" and "association" stuff is bullsh*t
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
Don't like those shorts on the mock-up. Just give me a straight thick stripe like the Showtime jerseys had. That's not too much to ask.

The thick stripe down the side of the shorts goes all the way back to the beginning when the Lakers switched to purple and gold.

http://www.lakerstats.com/lakers-uniforms/

Always thought it looked better when they put the thick stripe on the jersey as well during the Kobe/Shaq era jerseys.

I'm okay with losing the thick stripe if we're going back to the showtime era looking jersey without it. Now the trim on the jerseys and shorts match. Everything (trim, letter colors, number colors, logo colors) matches now. I like the new gold numbers on the purple jerseys. That's also a first.

Other than the lack of a Lakers classic logo on the waistband like last season's uniform, I like the new design concepts.

I hope they fix the MPLS jerseys rather than dump them. They looked good back when Kobe wore it and it's important to keep that connection with the Minneapolis Lakers since we count their championships among our sixteen.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Johnny Cage wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
I have a feeling Lebron wants the round neck jerseys. I’m good with that. He also has a thing for black jerseys, but I have the feeling we’ll be seeing the purple a lot more this season. And I’m hoping for the showtime era numbers, like the ones that Randle & Russell wore two seasons ago.

I REALLY hate when we wear black uniforms.. it looks terrible and is so gimmicky. Our uni's are iconic. STOP WEARING SNAKE-SKIN BLACK/BLACK ALTOGETHER.

I hate that almost every team not only has a black alternate now, but that they all wear them so often. A ton of teams wear their black alternates more than they wear their actual team-colors. So dumb. Use your team colors, you have them for a reason.

+1 Nothing about us says Black...appreciate the Kobe shout out but it's not us and neither are the blue and yellows...let them go...we're the Purple and Gold and Sunday Whites are for Dr. Buss.

Agreed. No mote gimmicks. Though Sunday whites were originally a gimmick, at least we eventually made them as a tribute to Chick.

I thought it was Dr Buss who had the idea but if he did it for Chick that makes it all the more special.

Gold at home. Forum Royal Blue as Chick would say on the road, Sunday and Christmas whites...keep it simple...tradition doesn't matter for teams without one...be we ain't that team.

#BannersOverBillboards
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Johnny Cage wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
I have a feeling Lebron wants the round neck jerseys. I’m good with that. He also has a thing for black jerseys, but I have the feeling we’ll be seeing the purple a lot more this season. And I’m hoping for the showtime era numbers, like the ones that Randle & Russell wore two seasons ago.

I REALLY hate when we wear black uniforms.. it looks terrible and is so gimmicky. Our uni's are iconic. STOP WEARING SNAKE-SKIN BLACK/BLACK ALTOGETHER.

I hate that almost every team not only has a black alternate now, but that they all wear them so often. A ton of teams wear their black alternates more than they wear their actual team-colors. So dumb. Use your team colors, you have them for a reason.

+1 Nothing about us says Black...appreciate the Kobe shout out but it's not us and neither are the blue and yellows...let them go...we're the Purple and Gold and Sunday Whites are for Dr. Buss.

Agreed. No mote gimmicks. Though Sunday whites were originally a gimmick, at least we eventually made them as a tribute to Chick.

I thought it was Dr Buss who had the idea but if he did it for Chick that makes it all the more special.

Gold at home. Forum Royal Blue as Chick would say on the road, Sunday and Christmas whites...keep it simple...tradition doesn't matter for teams without one...be we ain't that team.

That Sunday white thing isn’t “tradition” in my world.

I ONLY want to see gold at home and purple on the road.

They should ONLY wear white on the road when the home team goes dark. That’s it.
kentu_tiro
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Is this it? Saw it posted on RealGM’s twitter.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dh7gvfGU8AAX9AF?format=jpg&name=large
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Johnny Cage wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

They should ONLY wear white on the road when the home team goes dark. That’s it.

Damn right, Joe.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Johnny Cage wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Damn right, Joe.

100% agree. Somebody get this to the Lakers PR and marketing team.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

We also only wore purple like 5 times total last year vs wearing white probably 40 times - totally unacceptable.
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

kentu_tiro wrote:

Nice.
The Nightbringer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

kentu_tiro wrote:

Rad.
gus26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
All I want is us to go back to wearing purple on the road and gold at home. Last year was a complete chaotic (bleep). We wore purple at home and neon banana yellow on the road and white and black were randomly added at odd intervals

this plus 1000
seeing them wear neon yellow on the road was so weird to me... purple at home is just dumb...

gold at home
whites on sundays
and purple on the road

why mess with it if its not broke?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject:

kentu_tiro wrote:

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥!!!

Man, I soooooo hope this is it!
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Johnny Cage wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Damn right, Joe.

My first game was 1980 at the Fabulous Forum against World B. Free and the Cavs...so what I'm saying is I'm old as dirt and have no business posting on LG.

Alternate white uniform history

"In the 2002–03 season, the Lakers unveiled a white alternate uniform. The white jerseys were designed by Lakers owner Jerry Buss' daughter Jeanie Buss, in tribute to Chick Hearn, who was regarded as the voice of the team for forty years until his death in August 2002."

If there were designed to commemorate Francis 'Chicky Baby' Hearn....then they are tradition and deserve to be a part of our tradition forever more.

At least that's my stance.

https://www.nba.com/lakers/history/chickhearnchickismshtml

#BannersOverBillboards
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Is it just me or do the yellow and white one look a hell of a lot like the cavs jerseys from a few years ago. Put Cavaliers instead of lakers and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Is it just me or do the yellow and white one look a hell of a lot like the cavs jerseys from a few years ago. Put Cavaliers instead of lakers and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference

I kind of agree but let's wait and see what the actual final product looks like
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

This one?

If the Lakers jersey here didn't go back to the old number style with the drop shadow, then you have a point, but I cannot recall other teams having numbers with drop shadows. Those almost feel synonymous with a Lakers jersey, almost like pinstripes with a Yankees uniform.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Love these new unis. I'm so happy we're getting rid of those strange wishbone collars and that hideous L logo on the shorts. My bank account will be hurting.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:
Love these new unis. I'm so happy we're getting rid of those strange wishbone collars and that hideous L logo on the shorts. My bank account will be hurting.

none of these are confirmed... most of these are simply fan concepts or ads from various sites who don't have a clue.

nut yea, hopefully these are close to what we're actually going to get
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject:

i also hope the ones in this thread is the scheme they go with. I'd rather they go all 80s, but if they need to change it up, these are pretty good.
PepsiShine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject:

did they seriously just rip off the Cavs jerseys?

im gonna be sick
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
TAKAHIRO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject:

to lose the stipe on the shorts would be a mistake.
TAKAHIRO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject:

PepsiShine wrote:
did they seriously just rip off the Cavs jerseys?

im gonna be sick

yep. if we had a poll these vs. the showtimes .. the showtimes would win. So why have these??????? What's the point? Don't mess with good things its simple.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject:

TAKAHIRO wrote:
to lose the stipe on the shorts would be a mistake.

The short all come from a fan concept based on leaks that don't show the side of the shorts. People have kinda run with his concepts because the leaks show the jersey really clearly but the shorts are still pretty unknown.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject:

one has good numbering, one has the stripe. i think most old fans prefer the traditional jerseys. i really liked the first time we tried the royal blues, those were a big hit. the new ones suck.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:37 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Johnny Cage wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Damn right, Joe.

My first game was 1980 at the Fabulous Forum against World B. Free and the Cavs...so what I'm saying is I'm old as dirt and have no business posting on LG.

Alternate white uniform history

"In the 2002–03 season, the Lakers unveiled a white alternate uniform. The white jerseys were designed by Lakers owner Jerry Buss' daughter Jeanie Buss, in tribute to Chick Hearn, who was regarded as the voice of the team for forty years until his death in August 2002."

If there were designed to commemorate Francis 'Chicky Baby' Hearn....then they are tradition and deserve to be a part of our tradition forever more.

At least that's my stance.

https://www.nba.com/lakers/history/chickhearnchickismshtml

Love, love, love Chick Hearn. Was one of probably millions of fellow Laker fans who would listen to Chick on the radio while watching nationally televised games on television at the same time because he was just soooooooo special.

But I’m old-school. Only gold at home. Never liked seeing white at home, especially on those nationally televised Sunday games.

Lakers are Purple and Gold. Let white be used as road alternates. I’m sure Chick would agree.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 6 of 28
Jump to: