Lakers Jersey Redesign?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
you guys like the purple jerseys?

Does anyone born before 1995 like these jerseys?

made the cutoff by 3 years , I do, very much
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject:

last nights were fine. nowhere near as bad as the black mambas or magic pinstripes. the mambas looked like something that should’ve been released under his personal nike brand. magic’s looks like they ran out of ideas early for the “lore series”. we already have retired jerseys and statues for our legends, why not something inspired by los angeles?
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject:

Purple jerseys looked pretty good in the game.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
you guys like the purple jerseys?

Does anyone born before 1995 like these jerseys?

made the cutoff by 3 years , I do, very much

made the cutoff by 2 decades, I kinda don't, looks like the Kings
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject:

Here's the thing: if these purple with black stripe uniforms were our "city" uniforms or whatever, i.e., the special, extra uniforms designed to make Nike more money, I'd be okay with them. Honestly, I do think they look okay in-game.

But the fact that they've replaced our standard purple jerseys prevents me from liking them fully. If Nike had just turned the regular purple jerseys into the showtime-esque design jerseys like they did with the whites and yellows and then had the black stripe purple jerseys be our city jerseys that'd be fine.
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

Yea, not digging them very much. Kinda made me feel like I was going for a different team. Seems like we should have stayed how we always had them. These new jerseys are something the newer teams or bad teams do cause they have to find a way to make extra money. To me it kinda makes us look like a worse team if that makes sense.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:
Yea, not digging them very much. Kinda made me feel like I was going for a different team. Seems like we should have stayed how we always had them. These new jerseys are something the newer teams or bad teams do cause they have to find a way to make extra money. To me it kinda makes us look like a worse team if that makes sense.

I think it represents the start of a new era.

Similar to how GSW switched from the orange jerseys.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject:

KOBE WAN wrote:
Purple jerseys looked pretty good in the game.

I hated them at first because they were different, but by the end I was digging them. Aesthetically, I do think the look is a step up from the old ones (even the "classic" ones).
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject:

It looks like we're bringing back the bulky white drop shadow from the Showtime-era jerseys this season:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_s8kBSU4AAEGQ5.jpg
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:

If they are changing the jerseys anyways, why couldn’t Anthony Davis wear No. 23?
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
If they are changing the jerseys anyways, why couldn’t Anthony Davis wear No. 23?

They may have already started mass production on the drop shadow jerseys.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
It looks like we're bringing back the bulky white drop shadow from the Showtime-era jerseys this season:

Good catch... I don't know if I like it. Last years were slow clean..

But if there is a change, AD and Lebron should have been able to change or Nike just eats that cost. People are going to hold off buying them until next season which is going to drastically limit the number of sales.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Just hope they change the banana yellow
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:

It's weird, the shorts look like they're the 2017-18 shorts -- last year's shorts had the purple waistband and different trim around the outside. Then like you mentioned, the jersey has the showtime-era drop shadow, but with the 2018-19 trim around the neckline/shoulders.

Not sure if these are actual subtle uniform changes, or if 2K's wardrobe department just screwed up. Like maybe the new jersey is real, but the shorts were just a screw up?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Username wrote:

It's weird, the shorts look like they're the 2017-18 shorts -- last year's shorts had the purple waistband and different trim around the outside. Then like you mentioned, the jersey has the showtime-era drop shadow, but with the 2018-19 trim around the neckline/shoulders.

Not sure if these are actual subtle uniform changes, or if 2K's wardrobe department just screwed up. Like maybe the new jersey is real, but the shorts were just a screw up?

I like the bigger drop shadow but miss the purple waistband. The purple uniforms didn't have contrasting color on the waistband but the whites did.

I hope they either fix the MPLS uniforms or scrap them for another hardwood classic uniform. The Nike MPLS uniform looked like cheap knockoff of the adidas one from Shaq&Kobe's day.

Burn the City Edition uniforms.🔥🔥🔥
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:

If they're changing the Lakers' uniforms again, they must get rid of that ugly and mismatched black stripe from the purple jerseys.

At the very least, make those black stripes gold.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:

I like this. Hopefully all the jereseys will have the shadow like that
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Username wrote:

But if there is a change, AD and Lebron should have been able to change or Nike just eats that cost. People are going to hold off buying them until next season which is going to drastically limit the number of sales.

If this is true, it's the only good jersey design move they've managed to pull out of their idiot asses since 2018. Nu NBA jersey era is, to quote TR re: US coinage in 1906, "artistically of atrocious hideousness". Why would the NBA and/or the franchise itself want the flagship franchise (not to mention the Smelts) to F w/ their packed-full-of-history uniforms to high degrees? What a history killing and pointless decision. More cavalier than the Cavaliers. More maverick than the Mavericks. Wearing white and purple w/ black stripe and some other 4th design that's better than the black stripe unis is such a smart idea. Yeah, let's not have them wear gold at home after 50 years and they'll wear 3 other NON gold unis there instead! NU NBA!
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject:

I just cant stand this Wish on our jersey. Its so bad.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:02 am    Post subject:

I don't care that much about the Wish patch (obviously the jerseys are better clean)

What pisses me off is wearing gold on the road/purple at Staples, purple jersey with black stripes, and obviously the banana yellow
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:36 am    Post subject:

Should be Purple and Gold, not Purple and Banana Yellow.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
I don't care that much about the Wish patch (obviously the jerseys are better clean)

What pisses me off is wearing gold on the road/purple at Staples, purple jersey with black stripes, and obviously the banana yellow

Yeah. Not a fan of that either. I always loved how we were the only team in the NBA to have a non-white home uniform even though I grew to like the Sunday whites.

I'm just waiting for the day when there's a mixup and both teams end up wearing the same color uniforms.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Username wrote:

The shorts indeed do look like 2017 version.

You may be right about that -- old shorts with a new jersey, because the jersey must be coming directly from Nike or the Lakers.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
danzag wrote:

Yeah. Not a fan of that either. I always loved how we were the only team in the NBA to have a non-white home uniform even though I grew to like the Sunday whites.

I'm just waiting for the day when there's a mixup and both teams end up wearing the same color uniforms.

This.

I also love the fact that we don't have "LOS ANGELES" written on our jersey, but LAKERS on both home and away jerseys
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
2019 wrote:
Username wrote:

If this is true, it's the only good jersey design move they've managed to pull out of their idiot asses since 2018. Nu NBA jersey era is, to quote TR re: US coinage in 1906, "artistically of atrocious hideousness". Why would the NBA and/or the franchise itself want the flagship franchise (not to mention the Smelts) to F w/ their packed-full-of-history uniforms to high degrees? What a history killing and pointless decision. More cavalier than the Cavaliers. More maverick than the Mavericks. Wearing white and purple w/ black stripe and some other 4th design that's better than the black stripe unis is such a smart idea. Yeah, let's not have them wear gold at home after 50 years and they'll wear 3 other NON gold unis there instead! NU NBA!

Class analysis. I especially appreciate the aversion to "nu-NBA" (something you coined in 2012 iirc)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 27 of 28
Jump to: