NBA ceilings of Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Hart, Wagner and Svi
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
blackmamba08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 947
Location: Croatia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:51 am    Post subject:

BI - more skilled TPrince. Probably with better shooting. Highest ceiling Pippen.
Kuzma - hard to say but I am going with Bosh
Hart - Rick Fox with better shoot also more athletic.
Ball - Rondo with slightly better shoot
Sviatoslav - lets say Korver as highest ceiling
Wagner - don't have a clue but lets go with Valanciunas.
_________________
K.O.B.E - King Of Basketball End of story
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Pidge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 361

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject:

BI - I don't think he has a template to follow. Understated all-star wing in the toughest conference. Guile and poise over style and noise.
Kuzma - Consistent scorer, will struggle to be the real leader for a team - but a big personality on and off will take the focus, and the heat, off of his teammates.
Hart - the SG Derek Fisher, going to work hard throughout his career and will step up when we need him. Low ego, priceless presence.
Ball - Kidd, but think his driving to the bucket will develop more than his perimeter threat.
_________________
"I got Wheaties!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Jun 2018
Posts: 460

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:13 am    Post subject:

Lonzo Ball vs Rondo/Kidd really doesn't make sense, because Kidd and Rondo both excel in the halfcourt. Also, KIDD/RONDO were very crafty players, similar to DLO. Lonzo is not at all.

Lonzo to me is more of a point forward, than a point guard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dcastillo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 20 May 2009
Posts: 950

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject:

Ingram-KL/Greek freak
Kuzma-Young Carmelo/power forward Klay
Ball-I guess Kidd?
Hart-Gary Harris/Wes Matthews
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
OC Lakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jul 2008
Posts: 2394

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject:

kawhileonard wrote:
Lonzo Ball vs Rondo/Kidd really doesn't make sense, because Kidd and Rondo both excel in the halfcourt. Also, KIDD/RONDO were very crafty players, similar to DLO. Lonzo is not at all.

Lonzo to me is more of a point forward, than a point guard.


Lonzo to me is just a more inexperienced kid playing PG. He has the ability to get there...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 1853

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject:

m2cents


player - ceiling - basement

Lonzo Ball - Lafayette Lever +2blocks pergame - Jason Williams +2blocks +3 5 reb pergame/Mookie Blaylock

Josh Hart - Joe Dumars - Anthony Peeler

Brandon Ingram - Tracy MacGrady/KDurant - Kelly Tripuka

Kyle Kuzma - Tom Chambers from Sega NBA Live 89 - The Real Tom Chambers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 2543

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:
Ingram - Giannis (he's going to reach it too)
Ball - Something between Kidd and Rubio
Kuzma - I'm confused about Kuzma...sometimes I think Denver Carmelo and sometimes Rashard Lewis
Hart - Gary Harris with rebounding
its rashard lewis. you hit it perfectly. not melo because melo is an iso scorer that uses his strength a lot. kuz will never be as strong as melo was. not even close. and kuz is not a ball stopper, melo is or at least was back then even though he could score with the best of them.

so

Ingram-Giannis without the strength

Ball-steve nash with defense(you said ceiling.)

Kuz- Prime Seattle Rashard Lewis. anything above prime lewis and there's no one to compare kuz's game to.


Hart-Mario Ellie championship years with better rebounding.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 21283

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
Ingram - Giannis (he's going to reach it too)
Ball - Something between Kidd and Rubio
Kuzma - I'm confused about Kuzma...sometimes I think Denver Carmelo and sometimes Rashard Lewis
Hart - Gary Harris with rebounding
its rashard lewis. you hit it perfectly. not melo because melo is an iso scorer that uses his strength a lot. kuz will never be as strong as melo was. not even close. and kuz is not a ball stopper, melo is or at least was back then even though he could score with the best of them.

so

Ingram-Giannis without the strength

Ball-steve nash with defense(you said ceiling.)

Kuz- Prime Seattle Rashard Lewis. anything above prime lewis and there's no one to compare kuz's game to.


Hart-Mario Ellie championship years with better rebounding.


Ball = Nash?

Nash was an elite ball handler. Lonzo can barely dribble between his legs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 2543

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
m2cents


player - ceiling - basement

Lonzo Ball - Lafayette Lever +2blocks pergame - Jason Williams +2blocks +3 5 reb pergame/Mookie Blaylock

Josh Hart - Joe Dumars - Anthony Peeler

Brandon Ingram - Tracy MacGrady/KDurant - Kelly Tripuka

Kyle Kuzma - Tom Chambers from Sega NBA Live 89 - The Real Tom Chambers.
ha haa on all of them. that josh hart is spot on. Joe and AP. good one.

and you're nut for the sega tom chambers. aint that the truth. i guess i could say a more athletic version of detlef without the choking vs the bulls.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Jun 2018
Posts: 460

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
Ingram - Giannis (he's going to reach it too)
Ball - Something between Kidd and Rubio
Kuzma - I'm confused about Kuzma...sometimes I think Denver Carmelo and sometimes Rashard Lewis
Hart - Gary Harris with rebounding
its rashard lewis. you hit it perfectly. not melo because melo is an iso scorer that uses his strength a lot. kuz will never be as strong as melo was. not even close. and kuz is not a ball stopper, melo is or at least was back then even though he could score with the best of them.

so

Ingram-Giannis without the strength

Ball-steve nash with defense(you said ceiling.)

Kuz- Prime Seattle Rashard Lewis. anything above prime lewis and there's no one to compare kuz's game to.


Hart-Mario Ellie championship years with better rebounding.


Ball = Nash?

Nash was an elite ball handler. Lonzo can barely dribble between his legs.


Yea its kind of weird people are comparing Lonzo to really good dribblers when Lonzo is maybe the worst dribbling pg (Starting) in the nba,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bol
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 3030

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:

Kyle Kuzma - Tom Chambers from Sega NBA Live 89 - The Real Tom Chambers.


So the GOAT then. I can believe it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 3889
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject:

lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 1853

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:

Kyle Kuzma - Tom Chambers from Sega NBA Live 89 - The Real Tom Chambers.


So the GOAT then. I can believe it.


I really do think he can reach 'unstoppable' status in 2-4 years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 59514
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

NBA ceilings of Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Hart, Wagner and Svi


Ingram - I'm still sticking to my 80% Giannis with a jumpshot when I made the scouting report years ago. So far, it's sticking.

Ball - Kidd. Taller. Different.

Kuzma - Rashard Lewis is a common one but I don't like it. Right now he's the guy Kevin Knox wishes he was. Better healthy Gallinari

Josh Hart - Gary Harris; less pure shooting, better finishing. less perimeter defense, better against bigs.

Wagner - He already passed my Brad Miller expectations.

Mykhailiuk - The guy Nik Stauskas was supposed to be. Almost dead on comparison to Sasha Pavlovic, except Sasha never refined his skill set. Mykhailiuk had a huge head start playing PG in HS and FIBA. Now? He's potentially Gary Harris.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Troy Brown, Kevin Huerter, Chandler Hutchison, De'Anthony Melton, Jerome Robinson, Aaron Holiday, Bruce Brown, Donte Divincenzo, Josh Okogie
Jarred Vanderbilt, Landry Shamet, Alize Johnson
@Lakersoutsiders
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Mar 2002
Posts: 7242
Location: Sovngarde

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject:

Ball -Somewhere between Rondo and Kidd
Ingram - Between Odom and KD
Kuzma - Between Stojakavich and Rice
Hart - Between Cooper and Dumars
LA Dirk - Between Slava and love
Myalcoholic - Between Sasha and Kerr
_________________
The great Laker Center Tradition continues.....Mikan, Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, Gasol....Lopez!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 17 Mar 2017
Posts: 747

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

NBA ceilings of Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Hart, Wagner and Svi


Ingram - I'm still sticking to my 80% Giannis with a jumpshot when I made the scouting report years ago. So far, it's sticking.

Ball - Kidd. Taller. Different.

Kuzma - Rashard Lewis is a common one but I don't like it. Right now he's the guy Kevin Knox wishes he was. Better healthy Gallinari

Josh Hart - Gary Harris; less pure shooting, better finishing. less perimeter defense, better against bigs.

Wagner - He already passed my Brad Miller expectations.

Mykhailiuk - The guy Nik Stauskas was supposed to be. Almost dead on comparison to Sasha Pavlovic, except Sasha never refined his skill set. Mykhailiuk had a huge head start playing PG in HS and FIBA. Now? He's potentially Gary Harris.


like those comps
_________________
BBB back to back to back
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 5556

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

NBA ceilings of Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Hart, Wagner and Svi


Ingram - I'm still sticking to my 80% Giannis with a jumpshot when I made the scouting report years ago. So far, it's sticking.

Ball - Kidd. Taller. Different.

Kuzma - Rashard Lewis is a common one but I don't like it. Right now he's the guy Kevin Knox wishes he was. Better healthy Gallinari

Josh Hart - Gary Harris; less pure shooting, better finishing. less perimeter defense, better against bigs.

Wagner - He already passed my Brad Miller expectations.

Mykhailiuk - The guy Nik Stauskas was supposed to be. Almost dead on comparison to Sasha Pavlovic, except Sasha never refined his skill set. Mykhailiuk had a huge head start playing PG in HS and FIBA. Now? He's potentially Gary Harris.


like those comps


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 3893

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:

Myalcoholic


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
markjay
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Feb 2006
Posts: 3164
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Kidd
Hart-Jimmy Butler
Ingram-Kawhi
Kuzma-Jayson Tatum
Zubac-Marc Gasol
Svi-Peja
Moe-KAT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Blax
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 23 Jun 2018
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject:

I personally think Kuz could be our Worthy, the kid has a ton of moves, offensively gifted just as Worthy was, Worthy got us 20PPG & 7+RPG during the 80s Championship runs. The only thing Kuz has over Worthy is the 3PT shot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 7593

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:

Kyle Kuzma - Tom Chambers from Sega NBA Live 89 - The Real Tom Chambers.


So the GOAT then. I can believe it.


Cambers on Worthy...

https://youtu.be/776Rw6Zcxwc?t=131
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
OC Lakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jul 2008
Posts: 2394

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
Lonzo-Kidd
Hart-Jimmy Butler
Ingram-Kawhi
Kuzma-Jayson Tatum
Zubac-Marc Gasol
Svi-Peja
Moe-KAT


So Kuzma’s ceiling is a rookie Tatum?
Moe won’t be Kat. Different game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 3893

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Upside/comparisons might be too different things. But, if you are talking upside then..

Ingram-Jimmy Butler (Butler is a 20-6-5 player at this stage of his career. I think Ingram had the tools to do that. BI needs to work on his defense and free throw shooting though. Until then, I would compare him to Sprewell at this point, who was a 4x all star and career 18-4-4, which is not bad at all
But as far as ceiling, let's shoot for the stars and go with Butler.)

Kuzma-Peja Stojakovic (6-9 high volume three point shooter like Kuz. Peja could of very well be pushed to the stretch 4 in today's NBA.)

Hart-Paul George (I want to say Mitch Richmond, but I dont believe Mitch was an impact defensive player like Hart has the potential to be. Like PG, Hart has the ability to 3 and D and then some, see: rebounding, etc., but like PG, Hart probably doesn't have the world class talent to carry a team. Hart will be known for being a winner, unlike PG.

Wagner-Nowitzki (as far as ceiling, sure why not. At the minimum, Wagner could be a Lauri Markanaan.)

Svi-Ray Allen (Yeah, I said it...why not? What is stopping him?)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 3893

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Ball-Kidd. I don't believe he has "it" like Kidd did, but Lonzo could be the closest thing to him, he should at least match him stat wise any way, which would make him HOF worthy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
markjay
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Feb 2006
Posts: 3164
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:26 am    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
markjay wrote:
Lonzo-Kidd
Hart-Jimmy Butler
Ingram-Kawhi
Kuzma-Jayson Tatum
Zubac-Marc Gasol
Svi-Peja
Moe-KAT


So Kuzma’s ceiling is a rookie Tatum?
Moe won’t be Kat. Different game.


I meant that Kuzma's ceiling is what I predict the kind of career Tatum will have — not Tatum's first year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB