A Pledge For Civility On This Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
epak wrote:
I'm sorry guys. Bad of me to ruin the thread

What do you mean? You helped take a boring thread and turn it into Volt material!!!
Classic LG

To be fair. I thought BVH and I kept it pretty civil. Then a mod came in and we stopped. I thought it was a good example.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
It has been going on before Lebron. Since Dlo draft and then when Jeanie fired Jim and Mitch and hired Magic.

I agree though, it is going to be a very fun season, and we shouldn't have much to complain about after the non playoff stretch we are having

It goes back to Kobe vs Shaq.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
epak wrote:
I'm sorry guys. Bad of me to ruin the thread

What do you mean? You helped take a boring thread and turn it into Volt material!!!
Classic LG

To be fair. I thought BVH and I kept it pretty civil. Then a mod came in and we stopped. I thought it was a good example.

People need to quit with the off the court stuff.

We are at a moment in time where people can no longer compartmentalize. It is sad but reality. So best to force ourselves to keep off court stuff OFF this court so to speak.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Nuttin' like a good swig of Lakersground in the morning, it goes great with that swig of napalm!!

The shelves are Baron!
fubby1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Hear, hear ! ......well spoken OP
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
It has been going on before Lebron. Since Dlo draft and then when Jeanie fired Jim and Mitch and hired Magic.

I agree though, it is going to be a very fun season, and we shouldn't have much to complain about after the non playoff stretch we are having

It goes back to Kobe vs Shaq.

This. The most divisive issue in Lakers history.
Those guys squashed their beef but old fueds die hard. Even in my family full of Laker fans some never forgave Kobe or never liked Shaq because of it. This board rep

Mirrors that same struggle at times...
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Lol the civility thread ... Yeah Cant even keep it cool here.

FOR REAL!!!! I was just gonna say this! holy cow, you can't make this stuff up... it's right out of an episode of CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM...

LARRY
Hey guys, from now on lets be peaceful and respectful on
this message board.

SUZY
(angrily)
Easy for you to say, loser... you still haven't paid me back
for the time I bought you a soda at staples center.

CUE MUSIC AND FADE TO BLACK
ROLL CREDITS
I made it in the Curb episode when Larry gets bad seats with Jeff. I am in the shot with my dad in that episode at 30 seconds with the glasses. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=6T21P0QplBk
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
epak wrote:
In light of a call for civility, would anyone be interested in a letter writing campaign boycotting the signing of domestic abuser Lance Stephenson?

No. But why don't you get your posse together and form a picket line at the great western forum.

It's good to make light of slamming women's heads on stairs, epak. A really good look for you. You should change your your sig to mock survivors of domestic abuse.

So in your world a man can make a mistake, apologize, pay his dues, atone, and still never be forgiven by someone who the mistake had no impact upon over the belief in personal self-righteousness?

"Lance Stephenson was charged with assault and harassment for throwing his then-girlfriend down a flight of stairs and allegedly slamming her head into the staircase in August 2010. The case was eventually dismissed due to a lack of cooperation from his ex-girlfriend. There were zero legal or league penalties."

Jasmine Williams would continue to identify herself as his girlfriend for at least another 3 years following the domestic violence.

Do I condone this type of behavior? (bleep) NO!

Am I going to hate a man that I don't know for something he did and for which the person primarily affected has since forgiven him? (bleep) NO!

Facts are that he's done nothing legally wrong since 2010...EIGHT years ago. Yes he seems like an absolute douche bag with all the cheating accusations and the history of DV...but unless he's marrying into your direct family why do you care so much to drum this up?

I wasn't there...I don't know what happened...and I don't want to. Why? Because sometimes humans suck...and sometimes they suck in major ways in small moments...and sometimes they suck in ways that people who have no business with an opinion never let go of.

I wasn't born to judge anyone...him for being a douche or her for staying...but I do know he doesn't impact my life except for the minutes he'll play this season...not in one single way.

This has the same exact feeling of people who continue to call Kobe a rapist...it's not about whether he did it or not (he didn't)...it's about the agenda behind the redrudging of the history...

He impacts your life as a basketball player...you don't like him in that capacity fine...there's no need to continue to bring this issue up in every thread, but especially in a thread asking for civility.

Come on man...you better than this BVH...you so much better than this.

#BannersOverBillboards
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
epak wrote:
In light of a call for civility, would anyone be interested in a letter writing campaign boycotting the signing of domestic abuser Lance Stephenson?

No. But why don't you get your posse together and form a picket line at the great western forum.

It's good to make light of slamming women's heads on stairs, epak. A really good look for you. You should change your your sig to mock survivors of domestic abuse.

The case was dismissed. Are you going based off something other than the court system?

I guess Lance's girlfriend was just making up being thrown down stairs. All good.

I don't know if she was. It does happen all the time though. If you think you have some info the judicial system didn't have, feel free to share.

No, it doesn't.

Dude...I've been working with abused women for 19 years now...it happens ALL the damn time...typically from the men they should be able to trust the most in their lives...and it has a huge impact on them.

I would like to believe that 3 out of every 4 women aren't raped, molested, abused, or involved in a domestic violence situation...but to believe that I'd have to start lying to myself.

I guarantee you that if you go to a mall anywhere in the US and spend an hour shaking hands of men you just met...that you will be shaking hands with a lot of men you would otherwise despise if you knew them behind closed doors.

Humans suck...epicly suck...from the way we treat women to the way we treat animals to the way we treat our own freaking planet to slavery to lynchings to...my gawd...Lance ain't the first...

Put on The Big Lebowski...Roll 1 or 17...spark it up and get into the good vibe zone...seems like weeks since you've been there my dude.

#BannersOverBillboards
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

And yes I pledge to be more civil in my posts and aware of other folks feelings even if they differ from mine...#kindnessistheway

#BannersOverBillboards
toksfale
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject:

I agree with civility. I believe a LBJ P&M thread would probably help a lot and just contain a lot of it.

We basically had one with the "I don't agree with signing Lebron" thread, which was mostly civil, and I find it disappointing we had a moderator show up, become hostile, and make suspension threats (since deleted) before locking the thread. It shouldn't be against the rules to think the LBJ signing won't work out, especially given the franchise history with D12 / Nash / Payton / Malone.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
I pledge allegiance to Lakernation. I accept and cherish our disagreements. I accept and cherish the perspectives of all. And most of all I accept and cherish the promise of dancing in purp and gold confetti when we surpass Boston in total banners hung from Staples. Be you Lakernation. I’ll be here with a fresh bowl when you need it, family.

Salute! With a little dose of Morcheeba Big Calm playing in the background. Fear will stop your loving, Love wills stop your fear.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

Civility. Pass it on.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

toksfale wrote:
I agree with civility. I believe a LBJ P&M thread would probably help a lot and just contain a lot of it.

We basically had one with the "I don't agree with signing Lebron" thread, which was mostly civil, and I find it disappointing we had a moderator show up, become hostile, and make suspension threats (since deleted) before locking the thread. It shouldn't be against the rules to think the LBJ signing won't work out, especially given the franchise history with D12 / Nash / Payton / Malone.

I don't think it had that kind of tenor.

People aren't even talking about the transaction and ramifications, but going at it personally.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject:

I just go off the thread if I think it gets personal. But I wish people would be open to the idea that the Lakers have a plan, and it had a good chance at

Last edited by h2omike on Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject:

I'll sign. This board the best fan board of any sport and any team. It is this way because we can be crazy fans but we also can be so with a touch of respect for differing opinions. It's okay to disagree. But things get personal real quick. Maybe it is a product of the social media age. Folks are used to being reactionary and takin' quick shots at people... or just throwing insults or putting people down just 'cuz they disagree. (And I'm not taking shots like an old guy that doesn't get millennials. I know plenty of older folks who fall into this social trend as well. It's the times we live in.)

Anyway, i'd love to keep this stuff away from LG.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject:

This thread is like 16 years late. But it's ok now that the King is here.
Suddenly he brings some peaceful agreement.
Better late than never.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This thread is like 16 years late. But it's ok now that the King is here.
Suddenly he brings some peaceful agreement.
Better late than never.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

double post
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject:

I'm far from a Lebron fan, but this is easily the best position that the Lakers have been in since Kobe's prime years.

To think, 2 years ago this time, we were trying to come to grips with giving up a combined $130m to Mozgov and Deng.

Embrace the present.
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

I've noticed that civility tends to come easier for a lot of LGers in the wake of either of two things: the club taking steps to improve the overall level of talent or the team improving the record noticeably season-to-season.

Let's hope that we're halfway there already, the talent shift is visible. Adding so many strong personalities and vocal players (Lance, LeBron, Rajon, Mo) all at once makes it tough to predict where this team will lead. I'm going to just hope that some good fortune befalls the club health-wise. Sit back and watch it unfold.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject:

I remember when Jeremy Lin came to the Lakers. A lot of his fans came with him and started endless topics where Lin was considered like a god.

Now there is freakin' Lebron James here. His personal fans, who care only about him and very little about the Lakers are coming here , and it's only going to get worse.

These "Lebron's- fans- only" are going give all the credit for the team success to their king , and are going to blame all the other players and then the front office and then the entire organization, if things don't go well. It won't be pretty.

I think we still haven't seen what could really happen here during the season and ( hopefully) during the playoffs...
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Why would you not come here?
Great Mods, decent posters, and a mostly Lakers fans.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

civility would be enhanced with less passive aggressiveness and ceasing the constant "baiting". Those two behaviors ignite the majority of the actual uncivil exchanges. I am not innocent of being passive aggressive, so this is not pointing to others only.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

I pledge a foul mouthed berating of the chowderheads whenever i feel like it!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: