OFFICIAL PISS & MOAN THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KAJtheGOAT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:

First time posting on P&M thread ...
To let go Randle seems to add up with unconvincing youngsters. Watching that horrible rebounding situation in tonight’s game I for sure miss Randle. And oh yeah he made more 3s than ....
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

KAJtheGOAT wrote:
First time posting on P&M thread ...
To let go Randle seems to add up with unconvincing youngsters. Watching that horrible rebounding situation in tonight’s game I for sure miss Randle. And oh yeah he made more 3s than ....

100% truth

And it only gets worse when you realize we got nothing for him and it was within our control to keep him. It’s not like he left as a UFA
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Two words
Luke. Walton.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject:

This is going to be busy tonight
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject:

I was so excited for this season. But this team looks the same. Why did we get labron? Randle is just as good if this is what we get. It's getting a hard to watch this team year after year suck.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

How many playmaking nonshooters can you fit on a team?
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject:

People are going to brush it off as one game. But the Lakers' issues are the same ones they had last season and ones the Lakers' front office doesn't seem to think they have.

Shooting and the C position have been issues for the Lakers for a long time now. So, I don't see it as just 1 game. I see it as 83+ games.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Why the f did we let go of randle?!, Magic needs to answer for that. 25 and 8 so far
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Lakers have too many rotation players 6'6" and under. They got handled in the post by small forwards when they went with 3 guards.

Rondo, Ball, KCP, Hart, Stephenson, Caruso, and Svi (I'm including Svi here because he will most likely play SG due to his limited arm length). This will make up our guard rotation (PG/SG).

Taller than 6'6" rotation players from today were Lebron, Ingram, Kuzma, and McGee. These players make-up our SF/PF/C position. Wagner will probably get some minutes, but our lack of size was obvious today.

They need to take Stephenson out of the rotation and play Svi for his 3 point shooting or Beasley for his size.

I really wish they signed Ed Davis instead of Stephenson.

Lakers probably won't make any trades this year before trade deadline but they should try to leverage our guards (KCP and Stephenson) for more size. Ed Davis, Noah Vonleh, Demarre Carol, Wilson Chandler are all expiring contracts.
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:56 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
diando wrote:
Didn't want to fill the another thread with things I've said before.
El Seano wrote:
diando wrote:

Well excuse me for holding a consistent view. I don't just automatically recant just because somebody is a Laker, especially when I campaigned for a whole year for that certain someone to not to sign with the Lakers.
This someone who was mentioned earlier, has a reputation of trying to control narratives.I for one did not sit through the Robert Sacre years for someone to come in to try to piggyback on certain narratives, especially ones related to Laker-lore, as well as ones that will probably diminish the contributions of our young core.

Well, what did you sit through the Robert Sacre years for? What would you have preferred to FO do this season?

I ask this in the utmost sincerity because I don't think I've seen anybody on here or on Reddit as vehemently opposed to us signing LeBron as you are. If it isn't a personal agenda you have against the man then I'm curious as to what you think we should have done instead.

I've said this many times before, I wanted Paul George (and/or a healthy Boogie) and not an almost 34 year-old perennial finals loser. In my mind having a younger player that actually plays defense, can shoot and most of all, doesn't need to dominate the ball so young guys like Ball and Ingram could develop.
I would have preferred if we had struck out this year, to just roll with the young guns, including Randle, because I think they developed good defensive habits as a team. I literally would have gone with anyone else over LeBron.
Having LeBron slows the development to me because I feel he'd never get us past a team with Kevin Durant and Stephen Curry due to his age, inability to be elite off ball and lack of consistent defense at this stage of his career. I've said it many times over, running the LeBron system is a losing formula.

Yeah lets get a guy who's team lost to a team led by a 20 year old in the first round instead of a 2 time MVP and 3 time NBA championship. Great strategy.

So how did we do with labron? If this is what we get for a max contract id rather have Randle
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:42 am    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
I honestly worry a lot that the Lakers' young core just isn't that good and the Lakers will completely strike out next off-season. None of the Lakers' young players have really proven all that much. The rumors surrounding the Lakers' chances next off-season have been negative so far, and FA is just very risky in general.

A lot of people like to point out Ingram's box score stats, but advanced stats have him as a non-impactful player and I can kind of see that. He seems to have a good game every now and then and then is invisible for the next few. The team doesn't play demonstrably better when he's on the floor. I don't see any elite skills that will get him to star-level.

Ball obviously has issues as a scorer. I think he only has to become an adequate scorer to be an all-star level player, but he looked so bad as a scorer that it's very questionable if he can even be that. He needs to improve at the rim, at mid-range, at the 3 point line, and at the foul line.

I don't really see much star potential in Kuzma or Hart at all.

It's nice that they're still young, but you can't count on players taking big leaps. You have to see enough from the players to the point where you think they can be stars with the right improvements. Players like Tatum, Simmons, and Mitchell aren't stars yet, but they've shown enough.

The Lakers' young guys (probably Ball and Ingram) need to get to that point first.

I agree that there is a bias to overrate our own young players. Remember when people here projected Jordan Farmar, Shannon Brown, Andrew Bynum, Jordan Clarkson, D'Angelo Russell, etc. as future stars?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:44 am    Post subject:

RichD wrote:
george w kush wrote:
diando wrote:
Didn't want to fill the another thread with things I've said before.
El Seano wrote:
diando wrote:

Well excuse me for holding a consistent view. I don't just automatically recant just because somebody is a Laker, especially when I campaigned for a whole year for that certain someone to not to sign with the Lakers.
This someone who was mentioned earlier, has a reputation of trying to control narratives.I for one did not sit through the Robert Sacre years for someone to come in to try to piggyback on certain narratives, especially ones related to Laker-lore, as well as ones that will probably diminish the contributions of our young core.

Well, what did you sit through the Robert Sacre years for? What would you have preferred to FO do this season?

I ask this in the utmost sincerity because I don't think I've seen anybody on here or on Reddit as vehemently opposed to us signing LeBron as you are. If it isn't a personal agenda you have against the man then I'm curious as to what you think we should have done instead.

I've said this many times before, I wanted Paul George (and/or a healthy Boogie) and not an almost 34 year-old perennial finals loser. In my mind having a younger player that actually plays defense, can shoot and most of all, doesn't need to dominate the ball so young guys like Ball and Ingram could develop.
I would have preferred if we had struck out this year, to just roll with the young guns, including Randle, because I think they developed good defensive habits as a team. I literally would have gone with anyone else over LeBron.
Having LeBron slows the development to me because I feel he'd never get us past a team with Kevin Durant and Stephen Curry due to his age, inability to be elite off ball and lack of consistent defense at this stage of his career. I've said it many times over, running the LeBron system is a losing formula.

Yeah lets get a guy who's team lost to a team led by a 20 year old in the first round instead of a 2 time MVP and 3 time NBA championship. Great strategy.

So how did we do with labron? If this is what we get for a max contract id rather have Randle

Hold these comments until 20 games in dude. I'm not high on LeBron, but at least give him some games to see if he'd actually prove us wrong.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:39 am    Post subject:

Quote:

My goodness.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject:

It was only one game, BUT....

It was only one game, BUT...

IT WAS ONLY ONE GAME, BUUUTT...

BUT! BUT! BUT!

One game, buuuuuuutttttttt

plz notice me
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject:

Damn dude when Diando of all people is telling you to give LBJ some time you know you must have posted some real hot take (bleep) of the finest pedigree.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Two words
Magic. Johnson.

FTFY
Still very unhappy with what he did this offseason filling out the roster around LeBron.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject:

LeBron is who he is... A 4th quarter choker and passive aggressive finger pointer.

My problem has always been LeBron not willing to go against his nature in order to give the team what they need at the moment. Instead, he's comfortable facilitating and controlling the flow. Well, that's irrelevant when you're losing. LeBron is the epitome of a "Controlled Process".

LeBron needs to score instead of controlling the pace. Attacking will set the tone. This is where LeBron will find the West to be a complete BIATCH nightly. Go find the lost tapes of Kobe having to drop 50 points in Memphis or Portland or Utah on some random Tuesday night. These games have always been hard; but LeBron isn't used to playing at this level in the regular season. It's playoff basketball RIGHT NOW.

That BULL ISH LeBron is used to ain't flying man... He's gonna have to go against his comfort and challenge himself to embrace being uncomfortable. For Kobe, being uncomfortable meant letting the game unfold and trusting teammates... For LeBron, it's understanding the facilitation and controlling of pace by passing the ball is selfish if that's not what the team needs. He needs to control the pace by attacking the rim.

Here's the question... Can LeBron score from nothing? Can he attack everything?

On another note... I see the bus throwing has already begun... I knew it. Just watch... Once the media starts to recognize this ish is a facade; LeBron is going to go full bore with the blame game.

Say goodbye to your favorite young players because LeBron is going to trade them.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject:

^
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

http://forums.lakersground.net/search.php?search_author=Darth+Los+Angeles

Summary:

Blah blah blan I hate LeBron and never wanted to even give him a chance blah blah blah.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject:

I'm just looking for a thread that has some team news/info/updates...
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject:

Losing Randle was big but that was the Lakers' fault throughout the year. His agent didn't help. Probably a lost cause.

Signing Stephenson was a huge mistake.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject:

I think the Lakers are going to miss the playoffs. I was already kind of thinking about it before the season began, but I feel more strongly about it now.

The Lakers might be the worst shooting team in the league. It's frustrating watching the other team make contested 3s, while the Lakers can't make open 3s.

And, the front office seemed to feel pretty strongly about the fact that the Lakers don't need more shooting. The way Magic and Pelinka talked about it makes me believe that it will take a lot for them to change their mind about it.

The Lakers' need another interior presence other than McGee. They're just getting dominated underneath the basket at times.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Sky is falling right?

No shooting, bad defense, bad coaching, fights...
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

I hate folks hating on BI tonight.
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:

I'd be tired of Harden ramming into me and getting every call. Not really fun to watch
kobe8One
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Actually, Lakers played better than last year.

Hart tried too hard tonight.
Kuz missing his jump shot.
Zo found his jump shot.
BI doing his ISO.

If we stop making stupid fouls and give them free throws or make our free throws, this game was winnable.

Better coaching definitely will help, BUT BUT BUT
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 6 of 29
Jump to: