OFFICIAL PISS & MOAN THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 2241

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Wow, Lebrons a Laker and he hasn't scored us a bizillon points or appeared on Hollywood Squares, dump this
Loser.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2016
Posts: 2415

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
Randle ingram lebron. Not enough driving lanes for all of them. Dont think randle was going to come off the bench again. Let him go.

Lotta driving lanes with McGee and Zu in place of Randle.


Randle plays PF. Lebron or Kuz is playing PF now.

I guess Randle can't or won't play center: link*

* his minutes distribution last season was roughly a 50/50 split between PF and C.


Where’s the spacing when you have Lebron, Randle, Ingram, Lonzo/rondo. Would you keep Lebron and BI on the perimeter?
_________________
Zo-Mo is coming
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
gooner
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 376

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:

I’m feeling pretty positive about this Laker team.

There. I said it. Ban me if you must.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Dec 2004
Posts: 2949
Location: Quality over Quantity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Laker fans ( The real ones, not the Lebron homers) will appreciate and miss the Triangle after suffering through this upcoming season watching Lebron initiate the offense every freaking play. My biggest hope is that Luke allows others to initiate, like Ingram etc.

Watching Lebron initiate every time down the floor is going to get old, real quick.

I hope they figure this out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 23137

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AnthonyIrwinLA/status/1018517034487828481

Quote:
Anthony F. Irwin
@AnthonyIrwinLA

I might’ve missed it, but just a random thought… Kobe hasn’t really come out and told his fans to stop vandalizing those LeBron murals, has he?

8:25 AM · Jul 15, 2018


I'm probably gonna never read another screen and roll article by him again.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 1522

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
Laker fans ( The real ones, not the Lebron homers) will appreciate and miss the Triangle after suffering through this upcoming season watching Lebron initiate the offense every freaking play. My biggest hope is that Luke allows others to initiate, like Ingram etc.

Watching Lebron initiate every time down the floor is going to get old, real quick.

I hope they figure this out.


Lebron is going to play PF now and will be the one posting up in our offense. Rondo & Lonzo will do the playmaking. The only plays that maybe LB will bring the ball is when he grabs the rebound ala JRandle did last year to push the pace. That's the reason of the redundancy comment made by Pelinka.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Nov 2008
Posts: 4443

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Pretty quiet in here.
Crickets.


as it should be. Arguably the greatest player ever has put on the Laker uniform all while embracing our young players?

I can't imagine people complaining. I will miss JRandle tho., but he could have stayed. My hate is directed toward Mintz.
_________________
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 1442

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
Laker fans ( The real ones, not the Lebron homers) will appreciate and miss the Triangle after suffering through this upcoming season watching Lebron initiate the offense every freaking play. My biggest hope is that Luke allows others to initiate, like Ingram etc.

Watching Lebron initiate every time down the floor is going to get old, real quick.

I hope they figure this out.


The triangle was a garbage system imposed by a coach that refused to adapt to the modern NBA. The only reason the triangle saw any success in the NBA was because it was buoyed by Jordan, Kobe, and Shaq (2 of them gave 0 (bleep) about running the triangle). There's a reason no teams run the triangle anymore.

With that said, there are plenty of play-makers on this team, so there's no reason for LeBron to continually initiate the offense like he did in Cleveland.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 15988

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
Randle ingram lebron. Not enough driving lanes for all of them. Dont think randle was going to come off the bench again. Let him go.

Lotta driving lanes with McGee and Zu in place of Randle.


Randle plays PF. Lebron or Kuz is playing PF now.

I guess Randle can't or won't play center: link*

* his minutes distribution last season was roughly a 50/50 split between PF and C.


Where’s the spacing when you have Lebron, Randle, Ingram, Lonzo/rondo. Would you keep Lebron and BI on the perimeter?

Having McGee or Zu at center doesn't alleviate those spacing issues and the team's shooting concerns come down to 1) Ball and Ingram who need to improve as shooters regardless, and 2) the front office that has fallen short in addressing those shooting issues through free agency except by bringing back KCP.

I would've started Randle at center with Lebron, Ingram, KCP, and Ball. I would've switched everything. I would've still brought in McGee as a situational backup rim protector. I would've released Zu or not had him in the rotation except in emergencies.
_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
diando
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Posts: 8146

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:14 am    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
Laker fans ( The real ones, not the Lebron homers) will appreciate and miss the Triangle after suffering through this upcoming season watching Lebron initiate the offense every freaking play. My biggest hope is that Luke allows others to initiate, like Ingram etc.

Watching Lebron initiate every time down the floor is going to get old, real quick.

I hope they figure this out.

Watching him get away with travels every time down will hurt too.
_________________
I'll never like LeBron, but I'll support my Lakers.

Also, I'll never excuse LeBron for defensive lapses.

"NO EXCUSES!" - Stephen A. Smith
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 23137

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
Laker fans ( The real ones, not the Lebron homers) will appreciate and miss the Triangle after suffering through this upcoming season watching Lebron initiate the offense every freaking play. My biggest hope is that Luke allows others to initiate, like Ingram etc.

Watching Lebron initiate every time down the floor is going to get old, real quick.

I hope they figure this out.

Watching him get away with travels every time down will hurt too.


I'm gonna be pissed off at the extra wins he's gonna get us.
Just when we have our 1st round pick back
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
999
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Posts: 19823

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject:

I'm still pissed off at Magic for saying no to Jerry West and than he joins the clippers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 3842

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:00 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/AnthonyIrwinLA/status/1018517034487828481

Quote:
Anthony F. Irwin
@AnthonyIrwinLA

I might’ve missed it, but just a random thought… Kobe hasn’t really come out and told his fans to stop vandalizing those LeBron murals, has he?

8:25 AM · Jul 15, 2018


I'm probably gonna never read another screen and roll article by him again.

I've noticed that a lot of Laker fans on Twitter are losing respect for him and blocking him lately. He's been burying himself for awhile now and people are have just gotten tired of him. And I don't blame them. I've never been a fan of his. He's so awful.
_________________
“Christ did not die to forgive sinners who go on treasuring anything above seeing and savoring God. And people who would be happy in heaven if Christ were not there, will not be there."
- John Piper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 3842

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:06 am    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
Laker fans ( The real ones, not the Lebron homers) will appreciate and miss the Triangle after suffering through this upcoming season watching Lebron initiate the offense every freaking play. My biggest hope is that Luke allows others to initiate, like Ingram etc.

Watching Lebron initiate every time down the floor is going to get old, real quick.

I hope they figure this out.

Do you not follow the team at all? How are you so unaware of what they plan on doing offensively?
_________________
“Christ did not die to forgive sinners who go on treasuring anything above seeing and savoring God. And people who would be happy in heaven if Christ were not there, will not be there."
- John Piper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSanity
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 31868
Location: Long Beach, California

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:48 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
epak wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/AnthonyIrwinLA/status/1018517034487828481

Quote:
Anthony F. Irwin
@AnthonyIrwinLA

I might’ve missed it, but just a random thought… Kobe hasn’t really come out and told his fans to stop vandalizing those LeBron murals, has he?

8:25 AM · Jul 15, 2018


I'm probably gonna never read another screen and roll article by him again.

I've noticed that a lot of Laker fans on Twitter are losing respect for him and blocking him lately. He's been burying himself for awhile now and people are have just gotten tired of him. And I don't blame them. I've never been a fan of his. He's so awful.


I listen to locked on lakers - mainly started listening to support GT. I think Anthony is a good guy and I enjoy his pod. I don't think he handles twitter all that well, and my instinct says that some of his responses are not representative of who he truly is. I would agree that he sometimes comes off as defensive and reactive on twitter when I get the feeling, in person, he wouldn't really come off the same way. However, not like I really know him, so maybe that's not true. Just my sense of him.
_________________
LakersGround's Terms of Service
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
augus7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 May 2016
Posts: 904

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:52 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Judah wrote:
epak wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/AnthonyIrwinLA/status/1018517034487828481

Quote:
Anthony F. Irwin
@AnthonyIrwinLA

I might’ve missed it, but just a random thought… Kobe hasn’t really come out and told his fans to stop vandalizing those LeBron murals, has he?

8:25 AM · Jul 15, 2018


I'm probably gonna never read another screen and roll article by him again.

I've noticed that a lot of Laker fans on Twitter are losing respect for him and blocking him lately. He's been burying himself for awhile now and people are have just gotten tired of him. And I don't blame them. I've never been a fan of his. He's so awful.


I listen to locked on lakers - mainly started listening to support GT. I think Anthony is a good guy and I enjoy his pod. I don't think he handles twitter all that well, and my instinct says that some of his responses are not representative of who he truly is. I would agree that he sometimes comes off as defensive and reactive on twitter when I get the feeling, in person, he wouldn't really come off the same way. However, not like I really know him, so maybe that's not true. Just my sense of him.


I started listening to LockedOnLakers ever since LakerFilmRoom started having a podcast. Darius and Pete's pod was like my gateway drug towards other laker-related podcasts...

It seems Harrison and him have great chemistry together 'cause right now I ain't feeling the podcast. I won't say his takes are horrible, it's just so unoriginal, almost an echo of ESPN, pretty reactive, so sensationalist. Also, bringing up Kobe every (bleep) time is just being annoying for the sake of it.

And yes, he should lay-off twitter for a while...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PRLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2016
Posts: 9074

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject:

Mustard wrote:
I hate FAKE Laker fans.

A lot of them have probably never been to LA.

When the Lakers are struggling they end up talking about nothing important about the Lakers.

They don't really care when the Lakers are struggling.

And when the Lakers are winning they embarrass themselves by talking trash to Laker haters as if thd fake Laker fans that they are, are somehow the secret reason for why the Lakers are successful.


You don't have to be in LA or have visited LA to be a real fan.
_________________
WE BACK BABY!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 15988

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

I know this is supposed to be the P&M thread, but I love Anthony Irwin.
_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Nov 2010
Posts: 1079

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

augus7 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Judah wrote:
epak wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/AnthonyIrwinLA/status/1018517034487828481

Quote:
Anthony F. Irwin
@AnthonyIrwinLA

I might’ve missed it, but just a random thought… Kobe hasn’t really come out and told his fans to stop vandalizing those LeBron murals, has he?

8:25 AM · Jul 15, 2018


I'm probably gonna never read another screen and roll article by him again.

I've noticed that a lot of Laker fans on Twitter are losing respect for him and blocking him lately. He's been burying himself for awhile now and people are have just gotten tired of him. And I don't blame them. I've never been a fan of his. He's so awful.


I listen to locked on lakers - mainly started listening to support GT. I think Anthony is a good guy and I enjoy his pod. I don't think he handles twitter all that well, and my instinct says that some of his responses are not representative of who he truly is. I would agree that he sometimes comes off as defensive and reactive on twitter when I get the feeling, in person, he wouldn't really come off the same way. However, not like I really know him, so maybe that's not true. Just my sense of him.


I started listening to LockedOnLakers ever since LakerFilmRoom started having a podcast. Darius and Pete's pod was like my gateway drug towards other laker-related podcasts...

It seems Harrison and him have great chemistry together 'cause right now I ain't feeling the podcast. I won't say his takes are horrible, it's just so unoriginal, almost an echo of ESPN, pretty reactive, so sensationalist. Also, bringing up Kobe every (bleep) time is just being annoying for the sake of it.

And yes, he should lay-off twitter for a while...


I always felt sorry for Harrison, lol. Can't imagine having to fake laugh at all of Anthony's corny ass jokes. Then Anthony would always butcher his twitter handle at the end of the show. "... and you can catch Harrison @hot take harrison heheh." Like damn dude, be serious for 2 seconds and give the kid his plugs.
_________________
Tank no more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 23137

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject:

LeBronte Jest wrote:
augus7 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Judah wrote:
epak wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/AnthonyIrwinLA/status/1018517034487828481

Quote:
Anthony F. Irwin
@AnthonyIrwinLA

I might’ve missed it, but just a random thought… Kobe hasn’t really come out and told his fans to stop vandalizing those LeBron murals, has he?

8:25 AM · Jul 15, 2018


I'm probably gonna never read another screen and roll article by him again.

I've noticed that a lot of Laker fans on Twitter are losing respect for him and blocking him lately. He's been burying himself for awhile now and people are have just gotten tired of him. And I don't blame them. I've never been a fan of his. He's so awful.


I listen to locked on lakers - mainly started listening to support GT. I think Anthony is a good guy and I enjoy his pod. I don't think he handles twitter all that well, and my instinct says that some of his responses are not representative of who he truly is. I would agree that he sometimes comes off as defensive and reactive on twitter when I get the feeling, in person, he wouldn't really come off the same way. However, not like I really know him, so maybe that's not true. Just my sense of him.


I started listening to LockedOnLakers ever since LakerFilmRoom started having a podcast. Darius and Pete's pod was like my gateway drug towards other laker-related podcasts...

It seems Harrison and him have great chemistry together 'cause right now I ain't feeling the podcast. I won't say his takes are horrible, it's just so unoriginal, almost an echo of ESPN, pretty reactive, so sensationalist. Also, bringing up Kobe every (bleep) time is just being annoying for the sake of it.

And yes, he should lay-off twitter for a while...


I always felt sorry for Harrison, lol. Can't imagine having to fake laugh at all of Anthony's corny ass jokes. Then Anthony would always butcher his twitter handle at the end of the show. "... and you can catch Harrison @hot take harrison heheh." Like damn dude, be serious for 2 seconds and give the kid his plugs.


I wasn't sure others felt this way which is why I just semi vented in the P&M.
I'm just glad it wasn't just me being touchy. Then I came across this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/90km2a/petition_to_have_anthony_irwin_expelled_from/

Now that's nuts.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 9747

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I know this is supposed to be the P&M thread, but I love Anthony Irwin.


Laker fans need a contrarian. I think there should be someone with a voice who questions any questionable decisions, when it looks like there's a flaw with the process even if the results might look good. I don't agree with everything he says.
_________________
Fave 5 at 25: Isaac Bonga, Isaac Bonga, Isaac Bonga, Isaac Bonga, Isaac Bonga
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2007
Posts: 1845

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

Why does this thread title say “All LeBron...”? Why couldn’t it say “all KCP”, “all Lance”, or better yet just generically say “all Lakers players”? Why does it specifically have to single out LeBron?
_________________
The butter is getting hard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sirronstuff
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 643
Location: TX

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject:

He’s still a b!tch tho

— Noah
_________________
Laker GIFs, Memes, and Emoticons
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 59755
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject:

I haven't had a draft grudge like this in a long time.

Yep, still mad at no Melton, Alize Johnson, Jarred Vanderbilt, Bruce Brown, or even KBD at #39. I didn't even like KBD and called him borderline undraftable, but he's miles ahead of Bonga.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Troy Brown, Kevin Huerter, Chandler Hutchison, De'Anthony Melton, Jerome Robinson, Aaron Holiday, Bruce Brown, Donte Divincenzo, Josh Okogie
Jarred Vanderbilt, Landry Shamet, Alize Johnson
@Lakersoutsiders
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Apr 2017
Posts: 1406

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Why do all the good looking ones have yeast infections, or crabs, or just general stank poon? Damnit.
_________________
🌮 WE 🌮 WANT 🌮 TACOS 🌮
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB