Bres
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Artesties
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject: Bres

Is Mike Bresnahan not the worst, most awkward media personality you’ve ever heard. I feel bad for the guys he interviews. He just can’t hang with Geeter or Big Game. They should hire Truddell.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Yes. He's corny and he's horrible at interviews.
But I get a feeling some in America enjoy that corniness and find it amusing?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject:

he asked in the Connected "Is Lebron someone to build around"........ *silence**
so awkward
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:24 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
he asked in the Connected "Is Lebron someone to build around"........ *silence**
so awkward

I literally at that. What a clown.
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:47 am    Post subject:

Not really bothered by him.

I have an irrational dislike for Chris McGee. Just comes off like a schmoozer on tv. Talks down in a condescending way to guest contributors on air. Was a locker room guy for the clippers before joining SportsNet. Seems like he’s kissed enough rear end that he’s not going to be going anywhere.

Too bad cuz he sucks
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:04 am    Post subject:

He never should've stopped writing articles and being a reporter for The Times. Spectrum brought him on to be in front of the camera for some reason as an analyst last year, but he sucked so badly they had to change his title to ”Insider.” He's far from a natural at the stuff they have him doing. Every time he talks it's just so cringeworthy. I'm surprised they haven't made a change by now and still have him doing anything in front of a camera. Kind of reminds you of a coaching staff a putting a player in situations that don't favor his skill set. You don't put the ball in Larry Nance Jr's hands at the top of the floor to run an iso and say, ’Go get us a bucket, Larry. Beat him off the dribble.’ Just go back to writing articles, Bres. You ain't meant for this, my dude lol.
KB8SD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:19 am    Post subject:

Larry Burnett was the WORST.

He did the Lakers post game radio show and was just a jerk and would hang up on fans if they said the wrong thing or he didn't like the tone of their voice

Another moron and I couldn't believe he had even a page 2 column with the LA Times was T.J. Simers. That guy was such a Kobe HATER and even took shots and wrote bad things about Kobe's wife in his column.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:57 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
He never should've stopped writing articles and being a reporter for The Times. Spectrum brought him on to be in front of the camera for some reason as an analyst last year, but he sucked so badly they had to change his title to ”Insider.” He's far from a natural at the stuff they have him doing. Every time he talks it's just so cringeworthy. I'm surprised they haven't made a change by now and still have him doing anything in front of a camera. Kind of reminds you of a coaching staff a putting a player in situations that don't favor his skill set. You don't put the ball in Larry Nance Jr's hands at the top of the floor to run an iso and say, ’Go get us a bucket, Larry. Beat him off the dribble.’ Just go back to writing articles, Bres. You ain't meant for this, my dude lol.

Doesn't help that he's the same build, height, rocks the same haircut and is completely non-descript appearance wise like Geeter. Geeter is pretty engaging. Bres is just...mmm...a try-hard. The studio show has just been balls all around since it's inception. No more retreads...no more zero personality goons.
The Nightbringer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:01 am    Post subject:

Know who I miss? The bald guy with glasses, forgot his name.. he was a coach I believe though. He quit/was let go before the Time Warner to Spectrum name change.

I always loved his attitude, and he was always able to break things down really well. He really put some life into the Lakers slump.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:16 am    Post subject:

The Nightbringer wrote:
Know who I miss? The bald guy with glasses, forgot his name.. he was a coach I believe though. He quit/was let go before the Time Warner to Spectrum name change.

I always loved his attitude, and he was always able to break things down really well. He really put some life into the Lakers slump.

Coach Miller.
Who always mentioned that he was on Byron Scott's staff.
And surprisingly knew his hip hop.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:14 am    Post subject:

The Nightbringer wrote:

Coach miller was the best. don't like any of the other ones they got aside from james worthy
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:46 am    Post subject:

I can't stand his patronizing tone of voice. He brings absolutely nothing of value. Even the other reporters they sometimes have on, most of whom are also bad, are better than he is.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:54 am    Post subject:

I thought he was a hack when he was at the LA Times.

Spectrum Sports Net coverage of the Lakers has always been shaky imo.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:04 am    Post subject:

KB8SD wrote:

He did the Lakers post game radio show and was just a jerk and would hang up on fans if they said the wrong thing or he didn't like the tone of their voice

Another moron and I couldn't believe he had even a page 2 column with the LA Times was T.J. Simers. That guy was such a Kobe HATER and even took shots and wrote bad things about Kobe's wife in his column.
Simers is a hack, I remember they used to have a show on Fox Sports West with T.J and his daughter, that was just brutal to watch.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:05 am    Post subject:

he doesnt know the game and is supposedly an "insider" and never has BREAKING NEWS or any inside information, he really is a waste of space
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject:

Outside of Worthy, the Spectrum analysts and show have been mostly trash. Dave Miller new basketball but he was too busy reminding us he used to be a coach which was annoying. Horry, Fish and Jamison have been mediocre. BScott was not much better when on.

Ac Green hs been on a few times and seemed decent.
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
The Nightbringer wrote:

Coach miller was the best. don't like any of the other ones they got aside from james worthy

I dunno. For some reason Coach Miller always bothered me. I could never put my finger on it. Still can't. Something about him seemed.... forced.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject:

Will never understand how they replaced miller with him. He’s the worst and they need to replace him ASAP. They should be trying to compete with the TNT guys...bring in some personalities.

I like geeter btw
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
Outside of Worthy, the Spectrum analysts and show have been mostly trash. Dave Miller new basketball but he was too busy reminding us he used to be a coach which was annoying. Horry, Fish and Jamison have been mediocre. BScott was not much better when on.

Cooper was cool, too.

Just bring our own GoldenThroat to the table.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject:

KB8SD wrote:

nah, he was cool imo. I use to call that show when I was like 12 and he treated me just like anyone else.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
lakez34 wrote:

Cooper was cool, too.

Just bring our own GoldenThroat to the table.
yeah I like Cooper and Rick Fox too.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject:

I wish Access Sportsnet had Serena Winters in the studio.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

Yeah, Bres sucks. He doesn’t even seem genuinely excited.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject:

He is awful. No personality at all. he just isn't a "tv guy". Stick to writing , Bres.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject:

KB8SD wrote:

oh man, so true. those two were maddening.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: