Bres
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject:

Seems like an a-hole.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

Damn. Just realized that Geeter and Bres are two different humans. I always just thought he/they/him was bipolar.
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject:

I enjoy the Laker Sportsnet announcers. I’m fine with all of them. They seem like nice guys and truly love the Lakers.

It’s the ESPN ones I can’t stand. I hate when games are taken from the Sportsnet annousers that love and know the Lakers inside out, only to be given to the ESPN hacks that don’t know what they’re talking about when it comes to the Lakers. It really kills me to not be able to watch the games on Sportsnet during many playoff games - ugh.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Startrout wrote:
I enjoy the Laker Sportsnet announcers. I’m fine with all of them. They seem like nice guys and truly love the Lakers.

Agree.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Yes. He's corny and he's horrible at interviews.
But I get a feeling some in America enjoy that corniness and find it amusing?

No, no one finds it amusing. He just sucks. They need to bring in someone like Trudell.
microbe obliterator
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Startrout wrote:

Agree.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

I'm very often embarrassed for Bres...I had the idea that he worked for free until they hired him on like the local alley cat
I especially dislike when makes up his imaginary quotes for players...I always hope no one is watching
Geez is just terrible ...shouldn't even be on TV...I'm guessing like Bres he's working on the cheap for the exposure. Everybody at Spectrum are name droppers that bring down the athletes contributions imo

I liked coach Miller...he put up with all the social media ish on the show and held his own in that arena while adding some knowledge to the broadcasts
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
he asked in the Connected "Is Lebron someone to build around"........ *silence**
so awkward

I mean Lebron is in the later stages of his career. I think he's more of somebody you add to an existing contending team, than build around at this point.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject:

I like Bres. Conventional? No. But still enjoyable. I don't wanna nitpick (like we have in the past) too much, unless it's with someone who is just terrible. Bres is not terrible in my opinion. Again, I like the guy.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
he asked in the Connected "Is Lebron someone to build around"........ *silence**
so awkward

I mean Lebron is in the later stages of his career. I think he's more of somebody you add to an existing contending team, than build around at this point.

He's still the best player in the world. If the best player in the world is on your team, you build around him. That's...obvious.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Do it Mitch! wrote:
Not really bothered by him.

I have an irrational dislike for Chris McGee. Just comes off like a schmoozer on tv. Talks down in a condescending way to guest contributors on air. Was a locker room guy for the clippers before joining SportsNet. Seems like he’s kissed enough rear end that he’s not going to be going anywhere.

Too bad cuz he sucks

Haha agreed. He seems as geniune as a greasy 1970's used car salesman in a polyester suit.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject:

the Bres 'Mind Quote' of the night:

LeBron says...Magic did all this for me?

VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject:

A
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
Not really bothered by him.

I have an irrational dislike for Chris McGee. Just comes off like a schmoozer on tv. Talks down in a condescending way to guest contributors on air. Was a locker room guy for the clippers before joining SportsNet. Seems like he’s kissed enough rear end that he’s not going to be going anywhere.

Too bad cuz he sucks

Haha agreed. He seems as geniune as a greasy 1970's used car salesman in a polyester suit.

LINK
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject:

KB8SD wrote:
Larry Burnett was the WORST.

He did the Lakers post game radio show and was just a jerk and would hang up on fans if they said the wrong thing or he didn't like the tone of their voice

Another moron and I couldn't believe he had even a page 2 column with the LA Times was T.J. Simers. That guy was such a Kobe HATER and even took shots and wrote bad things about Kobe's wife in his column.

Your post just filled me with rage as I recalled how much I hated Burnett.

I get a similar, but to a lesser degree, feeling when I listen to Stu now. What a miserable, grumpy old man.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
so awkward

He's still the best player in the world. If the best player in the world is on your team, you build around him. That's...obvious.

in 4 years Bron will be as athletic as Kuzma, with better passing skills than Jokic at the 4, and really good shooting. He's still going to be a top 7-10 player then. He's not going to fall off a cliff.
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject:

They should’ve offered Serena a role

Billy Mac is cool but he has to off commentary too
KAJtheGOAT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
The Nightbringer wrote:
Know who I miss? The bald guy with glasses, forgot his name.. he was a coach I believe though. He quit/was let go before the Time Warner to Spectrum name change.

I always loved his attitude, and he was always able to break things down really well. He really put some life into the Lakers slump.

Coach miller was the best. don't like any of the other ones they got aside from james worthy

Yeah .... I miss Coach Miller breakdowns
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

The spectrum production is not good. I was not sad to see Miller go but I think I would be willing to put up with his weirdness and creepy facial expressions again to get some real basketball breakdown on the show every once in a while. Bresnahan, McGee, and a few of those other guys aren't basketball guys. Mike Trudell isn't either and he just shamelessly shills for the Lakers. Jamison and Horry have NBA experience but they are not good speakers. I really liked Worthy for the longest time but ever since his antics with Byron, I have a hard time taking him seriously. And doing laps around the set when the Lakers have an unconvincing win against a lottery team is just too much. Overall I can't tell who theyre marketing to or what they're trying to accomplish but I wish it would improve.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Seems like an a-hole.

Our own GT/Laker Film Room says he's a very cool guy.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
The spectrum production is not good. I was not sad to see Miller go but I think I would be willing to put up with his weirdness and creepy facial expressions again to get some real basketball breakdown on the show every once in a while. Bresnahan, McGee, and a few of those other guys aren't basketball guys. Mike Trudell isn't either and he just shamelessly shills for the Lakers. Jamison and Horry have NBA experience but they are not good speakers. I really liked Worthy for the longest time but ever since his antics with Byron, I have a hard time taking him seriously. And doing laps around the set when the Lakers have an unconvincing win against a lottery team is just too much. Overall I can't tell who theyre marketing to or what they're trying to accomplish but I wish it would improve.

yep
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
levon wrote:
Seems like an a-hole.

Our own GT/Laker Film Room says he's a very cool guy.

I remember GT saying that...he seems like a good guy to me. He is just not a bball guy.

...a funny thing about Bres...I was reading his twitter feeds years ago after a Lakers/Suns game when he thought he was DMing a Suns reporter about their hookup after the game...oops
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject:

I know this is unrelated to Bres/the Sportsnet group, but I don't know who is worse: Stu Lantz or John Ireland.

Lantz is always making up stories like this player said this and that player came down the other end of the court and said that. That was "Noice."

And Ireland is over the top sometimes: "SLAM-NANCE!"

dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject:

RIP Joe McDonnell aka "The Big Nasty".
Tough, but fair. He was a nice guy the few times I met him
TheKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject:

He's bland. They should have added Serena Winters. I like Geeter and of course Big game, they're real rabid fans but give a lot of legitimate takes.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:

Trudell isn't a basketball guy? Huh?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: