Bres
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject:

bres, Beto, the dude Oram thinks he’s a stand up comic, the Kamenetsky bros🙄🙄🙄 , the chick that whispers (Ganguli?). There are millions of people in LA and hundreds of media people out there and this is who the Lakers have deemed “analysts” and “insiders”. Yikes
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
Damn. Just realized that Geeter and Bres are two different humans. I always just thought he/they/him was bipolar.

They are no Roper and Ferley.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

I don’t get the Trudell hate. He’s great. Of course he has Lakers centric takes. He is actually employed by them. That’s why him and Ireland do what they do.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject:

I enjoy listening to Mike Trudell and Ohm Youngmusik. Bres, Bill Oram, and Kevin Ding I can't stand! I love Caron Butler, Michael Cooper, and AC Green. Robert Horry I enjoy as well. Love Geeter too along with Worthy. Andy Kamenetzky I like...Brian his brother...meh. Tania Ganguili is decent but like someone mentioned her tone of voice is too low! I do miss Serena Winters and Coach Dave Miller.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject:

Even when Worthy looks at Bres you can just tell he's wondering what his purpose is.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
TDRock wrote:
levon wrote:
Seems like an a-hole.

Our own GT/Laker Film Room says he's a very cool guy.

I remember GT saying that...he seems like a good guy to me. He is just not a bball guy.

...a funny thing about Bres...I was reading his twitter feeds years ago after a Lakers/Suns game when he thought he was DMing a Suns reporter about their hookup after the game...oops

Oopsie! lol
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject:

How could anyone hate Trudell

LA's gotta get rid of Bres, and also add Ireland to the TV Broadcast in place of Billy Mac he's 1000x better
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

quartzcharm wrote:
I know this is unrelated to Bres/the Sportsnet group, but I don't know who is worse: Stu Lantz or John Ireland.

Lantz is always making up stories like this player said this and that player came down the other end of the court and said that. That was "Noice."

And Ireland is over the top sometimes: "SLAM-NANCE!"

Ireland's goof-meter is off the charts, but I like him. He genuinely loves the Lakers and you get the feeling he loves his job.

Stu? Miserable old goat. He's bad energy on air. They need someone to breathe new life in the color commentary. Someone whose passion comes through. Someone who feels like the luckiest person on earth and would be announcing Laker games from their living room couch if they weren't getting paid to do it. Stu is just a hanger-on parasite stealing paychecks. Get him out of here already.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:
I know this is unrelated to Bres/the Sportsnet group, but I don't know who is worse: Stu Lantz or John Ireland.

Lantz is always making up stories like this player said this and that player came down the other end of the court and said that. That was "Noice."

And Ireland is over the top sometimes: "SLAM-NANCE!"

Ireland's goof-meter is off the charts, but I like him. He genuinely loves the Lakers and you get the feeling he loves his job.

Stu? Miserable old goat. He's bad energy on air. They need someone to breathe new life in the color commentary. Someone whose passion comes through. Someone who feels like the luckiest person on earth and would be announcing Laker games from their living room couch if they weren't getting paid to do it. Stu is just a hanger-on parasite stealing paychecks. Get him out of here already.

Ireland is awesome on the radio broadcast. Bring him in for either Stu or Billy Mac but I legit can't stand billy Mac
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject:

Whenever I see Stu get trashed on this forum, I always wonder why. Now, I realize why I don't have a problem with him, while others do. I'm a grumpy old man like he is.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
The spectrum production is not good. I was not sad to see Miller go but I think I would be willing to put up with his weirdness and creepy facial expressions again to get some real basketball breakdown on the show every once in a while. Bresnahan, McGee, and a few of those other guys aren't basketball guys. Mike Trudell isn't either and he just shamelessly shills for the Lakers. Jamison and Horry have NBA experience but they are not good speakers. I really liked Worthy for the longest time but ever since his antics with Byron, I have a hard time taking him seriously. And doing laps around the set when the Lakers have an unconvincing win against a lottery team is just too much. Overall I can't tell who theyre marketing to or what they're trying to accomplish but I wish it would improve.

Trudell isn't a basketball guy? Huh?

He seems much more interested in soccer than basketball to me His basketball analysis is usually just picking out Lakers stats and talking about how amazing they are. I'm sure the team and players appreciate it but it doesn't add anything useful.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject:

Next segment idea:

Bres Says

All inside info from Mr. Personality....
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
The spectrum production is not good. I was not sad to see Miller go but I think I would be willing to put up with his weirdness and creepy facial expressions again to get some real basketball breakdown on the show every once in a while.

Miller creeps me out and I can't quite pinpoint why, just got weird vibes from him.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
The spectrum production is not good. I was not sad to see Miller go but I think I would be willing to put up with his weirdness and creepy facial expressions again to get some real basketball breakdown on the show every once in a while.

Miller creeps me out and I can't quite pinpoint why, just got weird vibes from him.

To me he was just trying too hard to be a TV personality. The overblown enthusiasm and loud talking were a turn-off. But at least he had some credibility to talk about basketball.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

Bres is honestly trash. The fact that they call him the Lakers insider is beyond me. I swear people on this board have 10x more knowledge than him and its really ashamed that he is a representation of the Lakers. He, along with Stu and Billy mac need to go.

Our team is finally crawling out of the gutter and its time we upgraded some of our media team as well.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:
Bres is honestly trash. The fact that they call him the Lakers insider is beyond me. I swear people on this board have 10x more knowledge than him and its really ashamed that he is a representation of the Lakers. He, along with Stu and Billy mac need to go.

Our team is finally crawling out of the gutter and its time we upgraded some of our media team as well.

this....need a complete rebuild

I started following the Lakers because of Chick...He brought that championship level to the broadcast.
I know we can't replace him but we can find some with bball knowledge like Pat Riley
ok...waking from my dream
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Bres's legacy will always be getting baptized by Dlo after the "feeling up?" fiasco. Dude is a clown.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
Bres's legacy will always be getting baptized by Dlo after the "feeling up?" fiasco. Dude is a clown.

Having a three page thread on the front page of the Lounge is probably his greatest accomplishment.
rancar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Bres literally adds nothing to the telecast. I wish Ramona would replace him, but I doubt she's leaving ESPN anytime soon.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject:

SGVL1 wrote:
bres, Beto, the dude Oram thinks he’s a stand up comic, the Kamenetsky bros🙄🙄🙄 , the chick that whispers (Ganguli?). There are millions of people in LA and hundreds of media people out there and this is who the Lakers have deemed “analysts” and “insiders”. Yikes

The chick that whispers. LOL! So true. I've never been impressed with any of the Lakers media or radio guys with the exception of Coach Miller, James Worthy and Mike Trudell.

Most of them just follow the national media wave. If the media is saying Lakers should trade for Kawhi, that will be their opinions as well. Not that I watch them every day, but not once did any of them seriously discuss the consequences of Kawhi not returning to form. Olram and the Kam brothers keep talking about what happened to PG13, so Lakers need to trade so it doesn't happen again. That is the easy popular, but very un-knowledgeable take. PG is not worth the money, let alone worth taking up $30 million as well as costing you BI or Zo, or both. I get so annoyed, it is such a lazy take.

Trudell is level headed. He balances his take with regards for the present as well as the future of the Lakers. James and Coach Miller are just natural on camera and articulate. Geeter is okay, he's like a cheerleader. The rest of them are just not knowledgeable and just rehashing obvious stuff, popular opinion, or uncomfortable on camera.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

The chick that whispers. LOL! So true

Character in Police Academy who whispers in intimidation while talking, but yells "DON'T MOVE, DIRTBAAAAG!" when she busts a perp. Tanya probably has that other voice in there somewhere.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Chris McGee actually lurks around on LG. Not sure if he post stuff though.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Trudell is cool. Chris McGee is also cool.

John Ireland SUCKS, though. He is so annoying it makes me wanna punch him
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject:

I don’t get why Ireland doesn’t do both radio and the TV Play by Play. He isn’t Chick obviously but he has the same gift where he can describe the game and remember to keep mentioning key things like repeating the score for radio listeners.

Stu I think will be stay because they will be loyal for as long as he wants. It would be interesting to see who could be next in line as a color guy though.
Vino
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject:

I like Billy Mac and Mychal...

Last edited by Vino on Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: