Believe! At least One of our Young Core will be an All-Star Next Season!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Youngin' Do You Think is Most Likely to Break Out Next Year (to Actual/Borderline All-Star Levels)?
Lonzo Ball
13%
 13%  [ 10 ]
Brandon Ingram
49%
 49%  [ 36 ]
Kyle Kuzma
19%
 19%  [ 14 ]
Josh Hart
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ivica Zubac
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
None
16%
 16%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 73

70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject:

Ill-named poll I guess ?

I think the OP intended to ask who will have the best season, since all four could each have a better season than last year.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject:

I realize what the OP is asking. But this isn’t the tanking Lakers, players will need to be accountable. Ingram will no longer be force fed the ball when he becomes detached. Kuzma will no longer be allowed to shoot the team out of games. Ball won’t be allowed to run from contact. That is why I voted Hart, likely not the most talented but the most mature and a proven winner. I think he is best equipped to play with a veteran team trying to win something now.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject:

Ingram. Young man is on the brink of becoming an NBA second tier All-Star IMO.

Is in the perfect position to feast off the media exposure of the James/Lakers convergence. Has developed his skills to become an excellent defender and consistent go-to offensive player. Expect him to score over 20pts per game as James' new sidekick in this (hopefully) free flowing fast paced offense the Laker should be running.

Ball, Hart and Kuzma should be improved with a year of development and consistent roles on the Laker roster. All good contributors. But the breakout will be Ingram.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject:

I pick all 4 plus the entire team.

#BannersOverBillboards
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject:

Ingram's going to have people saying "Jayson Who?"
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
Ingram's going to have people saying "Jayson Who?"

Yup. BI's also going to have people saying, "PG13 who?" imo.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

Kuzma and Hart because of Lebron
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Long term, I think Lonzo has the best all star chance followed by BI. BI needs to step up his social media/marketing game, which is totally not him. KL has no social media presence either but he's so damn good that his game speaks for itself.

I just can't tell when people are joking anymore
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Long term, I think Lonzo has the best all star chance followed by BI. BI needs to step up his social media/marketing game, which is totally not him. KL has no social media presence either but he's so damn good that his game speaks for itself.

I love Lonzo but yes he is long term, he still has a ways to go to improve his offense and stamina and show he can stay healthy, maybe 3 more years from doing that.

Also James Worthy the other night said he thinks right now it’s going to be Kuzma who may shine the brightest out of the young core since he has been putting in the work, his game compliments LeBron, and he already showed he is not afraid to step up to the challenge and take over a game. I actually agree with Worthy.

Last edited by Lonzo-Lite on Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

All star games are now fought in the social media realm too. Lillard all but had a social media campaign that probably put it over the top.

Kuz/Lonzo were top 10 in fan voting while BI wasn't last year. Both have robust social media teams/presence.
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Wilkes52 wrote:
The potential size of the greater LA voting fan base makes it possible that we'd see a "young core" Laker get into the A/S game, but to me that's an aberrant effect of the fan voting system. I don't see a young talent here capable of galvanizing the metro vote on a talent basis the way I saw Kristaps Porzingis do in NYC last Winter, for example.

The fan vote is only a % of the total vote.

Last year Lakers fans voted for Lonzo/Kuz in troves and they were respectively the 10th highest. Meaning, was not enough.

The saying is "in droves" (not troves), but essentially the message is those were smaller mobs than you thought they were.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject:

Wilkes52 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Wilkes52 wrote:
The potential size of the greater LA voting fan base makes it possible that we'd see a "young core" Laker get into the A/S game, but to me that's an aberrant effect of the fan voting system. I don't see a young talent here capable of galvanizing the metro vote on a talent basis the way I saw Kristaps Porzingis do in NYC last Winter, for example.

The fan vote is only a % of the total vote.

Last year Lakers fans voted for Lonzo/Kuz in troves and they were respectively the 10th highest. Meaning, was not enough.

The saying is "in droves" (not troves), but essentially the message is those were smaller mobs than you thought they were.

Ha thanks.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject:

2018 All-Star Voting

Fans

Lonzo Ball............607,691 (6th overall in backcourt voting)
Kyle Kuzma..........524,927 (10th overall in frontcourt voting)
Brandon Ingram...230,653 (13th overall in frontcourt voting)

Players

Kyle Kuzma.........16 (12th in frontcourt voting)
Lonzo Ball............9 (13th in backcourt voting)
Brandon Ingram....5 (22nd in frontcourt voting)

Media

No votes received

Overall Rank

Lonzo Ball.............9th in backcourt voting
Kyle Kuzma.........12th in frontcourt voting
Brandon Ingram...14th in frontcourt voting
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject:

GT, these kids will need your media vote one day.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

All star games are now fought in the social media realm too. Lillard all but had a social media campaign that probably put it over the top.

Kuz/Lonzo were top 10 in fan voting while BI wasn't last year. Both have robust social media teams/presence.

Ingram probably needs to convince a few more of the guys he goes up against too.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

yeah...being an all star means a lot less to me these days ...even less after today
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

yeah...being an all star means a lot less to me these days ...even less after today

It used to be a fan vote, but now it's fans/players/media. So the player has to cater to multi platforms. BI just doesn't do that as it's not his personality.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It used to be a fan vote, but now it's fans/players/media. So the player has to cater to multi platforms. BI just doesn't do that as it's not his personality.

yeah...I pass on all that.
Not a fan of the all star thing in any sport although Bball is the best at it

just crown a net champ
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

I would say Kuz has the biggest chance. He’ll have the easiest adjustment playing off Lebron. And he’s the most marketable of the young guys. Hence why he’s been on tv shows, and social media a lot
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
"Breakout year" is when a player far exceeds expectations so, in my mind, Kuz has already had his by having one of the best rookie seasons in Lakers history. He was one of the best stories for this team last season.

Good point..
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject:

They should all improve, but I see Ingram being the most important player on the team, other than LeBron.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject:

I think they will all improve, but I think Hart and Lonzo will have the biggest perceived improvements.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject:

I think Ingram has a real shot of being chosen as an All-Star next season. It really depends on whether the Lakers overachieve or not. If the Lakers are on pace for 55+ wins at the half way mark, I think we have a legit shot of two all-stars, Lebron and, then, Ingram being the most likely in my mind.

The real issue is the competition for the 12 all-star spots. Lets say, at a minimum, you have Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Lebron, Curry, Davis and Lillard taking 7 of the all star spots. You then have to choose 5 players from the following 17 guys: KAT, Nikola Jokic, Jrue Holiday, Draymond Green, Chris Paul, Rudy Gobert, LaMarcus Aldridge, Devin Booker, CJ McCollum, Paul George, Donovan Mitchell, Klay Thompson, DeMar DeRozan, Brandon Ingram, Jimmy Butler, Tobias Harris and Jamal Murray.

Among those 17, in terms of likelihood, I'd probably put Ingram somewhere in the middle. Thus, again, it will likely depend on how well we overachieve. It also wouldn't surprise me to just see Laker nation come out in force, voting in two players regardless of whether they've earned it.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject:

not happening. Unless a player is going to average something like 25/7/7, it will take more than half a season for a player not previously on the all star radar to uproot one of the other favorites in the all star popularity contest voting
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Even if none of them make it, if our "young 4" have borderline all star years like Randle did, no team will want to meet us in the playoffs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10
Jump to: