Official 2018/2019 Playoff Seedings Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bertrome
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject:

They definitely have to win the next 4 games. Anything less than 4-0 and their slim playoff hopes are pretty much over.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject:

bertrome wrote:
They definitely have to win the next 4 games. Anything less than 4-0 and their slim playoff hopes are pretty much over.

the Kings and the Clippers are not good. we'll make the playoffs just for that reason
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
and all this hoopla just to get humiliated by the Warriors in 4 games?

Come on. We all want the Lakers to be in the playoffs again. Who gives a crap if we are going to get the (bleep) kicked out of us by the Warriors?

nah we are the Lakers... we dont care about participation trophies and moral victories. If its not a championship contending season then it dont mean much at all.
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
and all this hoopla just to get humiliated by the Warriors in 4 games?

Come on. We all want the Lakers to be in the playoffs again. Who gives a crap if we are going to get the (bleep) kicked out of us by the Warriors?

nah we are the Lakers... we dont care about participation trophies and moral victories. If its not a championship contending season then it dont mean much at all.

Disagree. We have a young squad and the playoff experience can be very important to their development.

Plus I have us as a 7th seed beating Denver in the 1st round and then taking out OKC in the 2nd. I say we take at least a couple games against GS.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:27 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
bertrome wrote:

the Kings and the Clippers are not good. we'll make the playoffs just for that reason

Kings made some really good moves to improve.
RobinInHood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:07 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
bertrome wrote:

Yet, they’re still ahead of us and the Lakers are scrambling for any bright spots and team chemistry. This will be a tough road these last 25 games.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:53 am    Post subject:

I think 18 wins is a must here. 18-7 probably is enough to make a playoffs. I do not think this team can do it. No way.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:36 am    Post subject:

It'll be tough, but if we don't it's not the end of the world....once again the Lakers were hit hard with injuries this season with key player being out for long stretches often multiple players...Lonzo, LBJ, Rondo, Mcgee, BI....

My biggest issue this year has been Lukes coaching....with all the injuries he didn't do a great job of keeping the team together and focused, they mailed it it in against teams we should have handled even with injury, that's a big red flag

I think if the Lakers make the playoffs the person who has to improve the most is Luke. He has to have them locked in, have a good game plan dialed in and for the love god have rotations that make sense
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject:

bertrome wrote:

Lakers have a good chance to get in, it’s gonna depend which LeBron we are gonna get.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject:

Y'all keep solely focusing on the Lakers winning games. They need to, but also the other teams in the playoffs have to win games too.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
bertrome wrote:

Sorry, but this is blind and unfounded opinion. Both those teams are ahead of us for a reason. Clippers won't be caught unless West wants them to tank.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
bertrome wrote:

Yep. The 7th seed is important though and that’s a long shot.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
bertrome wrote:

Sorry, but this is blind and unfounded opinion. Both those teams are ahead of us for a reason. Clippers won't be caught unless West wants them to tank.

Clippers trading away Harris all but diminished there chances of making the playoffs, unless Zu turns into Wilt or Lou scores a lot of points there is no way there gonna make the playoffs unless Doc turns into Red Auerbach, there is a reason why they traded away 3 contributors in Harris/Bradley/Boban, there focus is on the FA period were they can land 2 max guys, I mean sure they can make the playoffs but it is highly unlikely.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject:

4 Things that must be improved to make NBA Playoffs

https://lakeshowlife.com/2019/02/20/los-angeles-lakers-4-things-must-improved-make-nba-playoffs/
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject:

I think we're gonna need to go 19-6 to close out the season to make the playoffs. Hopefully this AS break was enough rest so Bron can go into beast mode and the young cats are over the trade talks.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

I'm more worried about the likelihood of GS keeping the top seed over Denver.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
How confident is Buddy that the Kings will make the playoffs this season? "I'd bet my house on it.”

Buddy Hield.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
How confident is Buddy that the Kings will make the playoffs this season? "I'd bet my house on it.”

Buddy Hield.

These next 4 games will bring him back to reality, they will be lucky to win 1 game.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Final 5 games:

OKC
Warriors
Clips
Jazz
Blazers

Arguably, with the exception of the Clips, each of these teams could have their playoff spots already set by this point and could be resting their starters.

Or they could try to be the spoiler (weird how it's usually the other way around) and try to knock the Lakers out of the playoffs.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Final 5 games:

OKC
Warriors
Clips
Jazz
Blazers

Arguably, with the exception of the Clips, each of these teams could have their playoff spots already set by this point and could be resting their starters.

Or they could try to be the spoiler (weird how it's usually the other way around) and try to knock the Lakers out of the playoffs.

I remember back in 2006, when we were playing the top teams in the end, a lot of those teams were resting there starters, for example during that year when we played PHX at the end of the season, the Suns were resting Nash, and we ended up winning the game.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Final 5 games:

OKC
Warriors
Clips
Jazz
Blazers

I remember back in 2006, when we were playing the top teams in the end, a lot of those teams were resting there starters, for example during that year when we played PHX at the end of the season, the Suns were resting Nash, and we ended up winning the game.

But I feel there will be teams that will get up to bounce Lakers/LBJ out. OKC for example strikes me as such a team.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Final 5 games:

OKC
Warriors
Clips
Jazz
Blazers

But I feel there will be teams that will get up to bounce Lakers/LBJ out. OKC for example strikes me as such a team.

Good point, but Donovan is a sensitive coach who probably wouldn’t want to risk any of his Important players getting hurt, there is no doubt that your analysis is 100% true, but I have the hunch feeling that a lot of top teams will try to not push it, so there team can be fresh for the playoffs... this is why I’m confident about our playoff chances.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Buddy Hield.

If we don’t make it I hope the Kings do.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Final 5 games:

OKC
Warriors
Clips
Jazz
Blazers

GSW, Jazz and Blazers will definitely rest their players.
I can see OKC and that petty (bleep) Westbrook trying to take the Lakers out
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Final 5 games:

OKC
Warriors
Clips
Jazz
Blazers

GSW, Jazz and Blazers will definitely rest their players.
I can see OKC and that petty (bleep) Westbrook trying to take the Lakers out

The only team that is gonna rest their starters are GS. Everyone else is gonna try to knock us out especially when we have Lebron. Plus the Jazz and Blazers will play for better seeding/homecourt.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 69 of 79
Jump to: