Official 2018/2019 Playoff Seedings Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 17944
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I only fear the Warriors in the West. HOU gotta see us in the playoffs they got worse


I don’t think that OKC will be a pushover, or the Spurs. At least 4 teams can compete to face GS in the WCFs.


I doubt if Spurs even make the playoffs.


They made it to the playoffs last year with one 2nd team All NBA player (Aldridge). Now they added another (Derozan). And they're worse? They might be a lock for the 2nd seed.
_________________
Turn your losses into lessons. - Mike "The Situation"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 24795

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject:

diando wrote:
epak wrote:

Now, to determine who is better, don't you have to put a value on each category?
It's not like each of those categories have the same value. Also, don't you want to use some per36 and other advanced stats?

Durant plays less minutes too and I did say it's a summary.

Just because Durant didn't (have to) do as much heavy-lifting as LeBron, doesn't mean he's not better. Also, I'm of the opinion that LeBron does indeed pad his stats and doesn't get his teammates involved in the game in anything other than catch and shoot. He now only plays defense when he feels he can get a highlight play. I do hope with that the Lakers he does sacrifice his body and set those off ball screens like the current Warriors or even Nash and Stockton (because that's our system).

The fact that Durant is more effective off ball means although his stats may suffer, his teammates are allowed to do more and thus feel more a part of the game. This is one reason why the Warriors do average so many assists per game as a team. History shows that type of passing game usually defeat a LeBron-led team...

Did I mention that Durant plays consistent defense and LeBron basically doesn't try anymore?

Anyway, on topic, I'd fear the Warriors, they're an unselfish team with lots of talent that they don't have to rely on, since they just play smart like the Spurs. A healthy fear is good, otherwise they'd just demoralize your team.


I agree LeBron's defense has gone down as he preserves his energy for offense. And only plays defense when he wants. At the same time KDs defense slipped last year as well compared to his first year with the warriors. Just hoping people saw that and aren't going off what they saw year 1.

Also, this is the warriors asst% the last 3 years:
2015-16 68% (without KD)
2016-17 70% (first year with kd)
2017-18 68%

I guess we can say KD didn't ruin their already good asst% instead of giving him credit for the good asst%.

That being said, I wanted KD over LeBron before the summer. Mostly because of age and the playstyle. But I'm super stoked that we got LeBron too.

An argument can be made over who is better. I just didn't think your list of categories on the previous page was evidence of that.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.Tyson: NetRtg +31.2
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.KCP.Tyson: NetRtg +12.9
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.McGee: NetRtg +10.7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 128714
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I only fear the Warriors in the West. HOU gotta see us in the playoffs they got worse


I don’t think that OKC will be a pushover, or the Spurs. At least 4 teams can compete to face GS in the WCFs.


I doubt if Spurs even make the playoffs.


You think that Green is more valuable to them than Derozan will be? I doubt many agree.
_________________
Oh when the Saints, come marching in..........
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 22964

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I only fear the Warriors in the West. HOU gotta see us in the playoffs they got worse


I don’t think that OKC will be a pushover, or the Spurs. At least 4 teams can compete to face GS in the WCFs.


I doubt if Spurs even make the playoffs.


Spurs upgraded from last season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 24795

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
markjay wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I only fear the Warriors in the West. HOU gotta see us in the playoffs they got worse


I don’t think that OKC will be a pushover, or the Spurs. At least 4 teams can compete to face GS in the WCFs.


I doubt if Spurs even make the playoffs.


Spurs upgraded from last season.


Kyle, Green, TP for DD, Belinelli and potentially Lonnie (wondering how much PT he gets).
Interested to see how DD plays in their system next year.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.Tyson: NetRtg +31.2
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.KCP.Tyson: NetRtg +12.9
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.McGee: NetRtg +10.7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 22964

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
markjay wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I only fear the Warriors in the West. HOU gotta see us in the playoffs they got worse


I don’t think that OKC will be a pushover, or the Spurs. At least 4 teams can compete to face GS in the WCFs.


I doubt if Spurs even make the playoffs.


Spurs upgraded from last season.


Kyle, Green, TP for DD, Belinelli and potentially Lonnie (wondering how much PT he gets).
Interested to see how DD plays in their system next year.


It’s basically Green to DD. That’s an upgrade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 24795

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
epak wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
markjay wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I only fear the Warriors in the West. HOU gotta see us in the playoffs they got worse


I don’t think that OKC will be a pushover, or the Spurs. At least 4 teams can compete to face GS in the WCFs.


I doubt if Spurs even make the playoffs.


Spurs upgraded from last season.


Kyle, Green, TP for DD, Belinelli and potentially Lonnie (wondering how much PT he gets).
Interested to see how DD plays in their system next year.


It’s basically Green to DD. That’s an upgrade.


Yep. Kyle and green for beli and DD
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.Tyson: NetRtg +31.2
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.KCP.Tyson: NetRtg +12.9
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.McGee: NetRtg +10.7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
diando
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Posts: 8200
Location: Asia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
diando wrote:
epak wrote:

Now, to determine who is better, don't you have to put a value on each category?
It's not like each of those categories have the same value. Also, don't you want to use some per36 and other advanced stats?

Durant plays less minutes too and I did say it's a summary.

Just because Durant didn't (have to) do as much heavy-lifting as LeBron, doesn't mean he's not better. Also, I'm of the opinion that LeBron does indeed pad his stats and doesn't get his teammates involved in the game in anything other than catch and shoot. He now only plays defense when he feels he can get a highlight play. I do hope with that the Lakers he does sacrifice his body and set those off ball screens like the current Warriors or even Nash and Stockton (because that's our system).

The fact that Durant is more effective off ball means although his stats may suffer, his teammates are allowed to do more and thus feel more a part of the game. This is one reason why the Warriors do average so many assists per game as a team. History shows that type of passing game usually defeat a LeBron-led team...

Did I mention that Durant plays consistent defense and LeBron basically doesn't try anymore?

Anyway, on topic, I'd fear the Warriors, they're an unselfish team with lots of talent that they don't have to rely on, since they just play smart like the Spurs. A healthy fear is good, otherwise they'd just demoralize your team.


I agree LeBron's defense has gone down as he preserves his energy for offense. And only plays defense when he wants. At the same time KDs defense slipped last year as well compared to his first year with the warriors. Just hoping people saw that and aren't going off what they saw year 1.

Also, this is the warriors asst% the last 3 years:
2015-16 68% (without KD)
2016-17 70% (first year with kd)
2017-18 68%

I guess we can say KD didn't ruin their already good asst% instead of giving him credit for the good asst%.

That being said, I wanted KD over LeBron before the summer. Mostly because of age and the playstyle. But I'm super stoked that we got LeBron too.

An argument can be made over who is better. I just didn't think your list of categories on the previous page was evidence of that.

I understand if you feel that. However, I'd still argue of the Warriors had LeBron instead of KD, that assist % would drop and Draymond Green would be less effective. What KD did to the Warriors is make them near impossible to beat in a 7 game series and yes they still would have defeated Houston with a healthy CP3.
_________________
I'll never like LeBron, but I'll support my Lakers.

Also, I'll never excuse LeBron for defensive lapses.

"NO EXCUSES!" - Stephen A. Smith
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
markjay
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Feb 2006
Posts: 3263
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:53 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
epak wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
markjay wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I only fear the Warriors in the West. HOU gotta see us in the playoffs they got worse


I don’t think that OKC will be a pushover, or the Spurs. At least 4 teams can compete to face GS in the WCFs.


I doubt if Spurs even make the playoffs.


Spurs upgraded from last season.


Kyle, Green, TP for DD, Belinelli and potentially Lonnie (wondering how much PT he gets).
Interested to see how DD plays in their system next year.


It’s basically Green to DD. That’s an upgrade.


Yep. Kyle and green for beli and DD


Plus Pau is a year older, as is Aldridge. I am expecting a drop off from Aldridge, and I am not that enamored of DD.

Spurs were tied for the 7/8th seed last year and only one game ahead of the team with the 9th best record. The west is competitive. If the Spurs only win 45-46 games this year instead of 47, they could miss the playoffs.

If people expect the Lakers to win an additional 15 games this year and make the playoffs, other teams have to win less and drop down. There are only so many games to win.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2004
Posts: 6016
Location: virginia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:30 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
diando wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
I fear every team in the playoffs.

Because I haven’t seen most of our players play with something truly on the line yet.


We have the best player in the world and playoffs rondo

I didn't know we got Kevin Durant.

Also, since I project that we'd be the seventh seed, I foresee a first round exit, although it it may go 6 or 7 games. The West isn't a cakewalk like the East folks.


Kd aint the best on his team


Of course Durant is the best on his team. Not to mention he looks like a cat playing with a mouse against Lebron in the finals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2004
Posts: 6016
Location: virginia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:34 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
diando wrote:
epak wrote:

Now, to determine who is better, don't you have to put a value on each category?
It's not like each of those categories have the same value. Also, don't you want to use some per36 and other advanced stats?

Durant plays less minutes too and I did say it's a summary.

Just because Durant didn't (have to) do as much heavy-lifting as LeBron, doesn't mean he's not better. Also, I'm of the opinion that LeBron does indeed pad his stats and doesn't get his teammates involved in the game in anything other than catch and shoot. He now only plays defense when he feels he can get a highlight play. I do hope with that the Lakers he does sacrifice his body and set those off ball screens like the current Warriors or even Nash and Stockton (because that's our system).

The fact that Durant is more effective off ball means although his stats may suffer, his teammates are allowed to do more and thus feel more a part of the game. This is one reason why the Warriors do average so many assists per game as a team. History shows that type of passing game usually defeat a LeBron-led team...

Did I mention that Durant plays consistent defense and LeBron basically doesn't try anymore?

Anyway, on topic, I'd fear the Warriors, they're an unselfish team with lots of talent that they don't have to rely on, since they just play smart like the Spurs. A healthy fear is good, otherwise they'd just demoralize your team.


I agree LeBron's defense has gone down as he preserves his energy for offense. And only plays defense when he wants. At the same time KDs defense slipped last year as well compared to his first year with the warriors. Just hoping people saw that and aren't going off what they saw year 1.

Also, this is the warriors asst% the last 3 years:
2015-16 68% (without KD)
2016-17 70% (first year with kd)
2017-18 68%

I guess we can say KD didn't ruin their already good asst% instead of giving him credit for the good asst%.

That being said, I wanted KD over LeBron before the summer. Mostly because of age and the playstyle. But I'm super stoked that we got LeBron too.

An argument can be made over who is better. I just didn't think your list of categories on the previous page was evidence of that.


I thought Durant played pretty well defensively, especially being the last line of defense. He was number 5 in the NBA last season in blocks per game, getting nearly two blocks a game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2004
Posts: 6016
Location: virginia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:36 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
I fear every team in the playoffs.

Because I haven’t seen most of our players play with something truly on the line yet.


We have the best player in the world and playoffs rondo


And everyone else is generally untested. We have no idea if someone will Derozan the playoffs. Hopefully not, but we just don’t know.

And so unless they have changed the playoff format to a 2-man game, I’m still curious to see who rises to the occasion and who succumbs to it.

DMitchell and Tatum were also untested. I understand the skepticism, but I think the writing is on the wall that we can be a really dangerous team given Lebron + Vets + youth potential to handle anything thrown our way. If anything I think Luke will have challenges making adjustments with a whole new roster in 7 game series, but that is to be expected.


So if we lose it's already Luke's fault...?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 22964

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:54 am    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
epak wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
epak wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
markjay wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I only fear the Warriors in the West. HOU gotta see us in the playoffs they got worse


I don’t think that OKC will be a pushover, or the Spurs. At least 4 teams can compete to face GS in the WCFs.


I doubt if Spurs even make the playoffs.


Spurs upgraded from last season.


Kyle, Green, TP for DD, Belinelli and potentially Lonnie (wondering how much PT he gets).
Interested to see how DD plays in their system next year.


It’s basically Green to DD. That’s an upgrade.


Yep. Kyle and green for beli and DD


Plus Pau is a year older, as is Aldridge. I am expecting a drop off from Aldridge, and I am not that enamored of DD.

Spurs were tied for the 7/8th seed last year and only one game ahead of the team with the 9th best record. The west is competitive. If the Spurs only win 45-46 games this year instead of 47, they could miss the playoffs.

If people expect the Lakers to win an additional 15 games this year and make the playoffs, other teams have to win less and drop down. There are only so many games to win.


Aldirdge is only a few months older than Lebron, with 40% fewer minutes logged. And his game is one that should carry over well with age as he relies on about 0.023% athleticism. Haha.

I'm not enamored by DD either, but he is an upgrade over Danny Green big time.

I don't think they are a lock for the playoffs, but they got better than last season when they made it. Whether that will be enough remains to be seen, but I think they are a bubble team, versus a team locked in to make or miss the postseason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 9762

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
Car54 wrote:
diando wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
I fear every team in the playoffs.

Because I haven’t seen most of our players play with something truly on the line yet.


We have the best player in the world and playoffs rondo

I didn't know we got Kevin Durant.

Also, since I project that we'd be the seventh seed, I foresee a first round exit, although it it may go 6 or 7 games. The West isn't a cakewalk like the East folks.


Kd aint the best on his team


Of course Durant is the best on his team. Not to mention he looks like a cat playing with a mouse against Lebron in the finals.


LeBron was a beast in the 2017 and last season finals (KD too), they were clearly top 1 & 2 in the league. LeBron's:
2018: 53FG% 33%3PT 84%FT 34ppg 8.5rpg 10apg 1.3spg 1.0bpg
2017: 56FG% 39%3PT 65%FT 34ppg 12rpg 10apg 1.4spg 1.0bpg

pre-KD: (just a beast too)
2016: 49%FG 37%3FG 72%FT 30ppg 11rpg 9apg 2.6spg 2.3bpg
2015: 40%FG 31%3FG 69%FT 36ppg 13rpg 9apg 1.3spg 0.5bpg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 24795

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
epak wrote:
diando wrote:
epak wrote:

Now, to determine who is better, don't you have to put a value on each category?
It's not like each of those categories have the same value. Also, don't you want to use some per36 and other advanced stats?

Durant plays less minutes too and I did say it's a summary.

Just because Durant didn't (have to) do as much heavy-lifting as LeBron, doesn't mean he's not better. Also, I'm of the opinion that LeBron does indeed pad his stats and doesn't get his teammates involved in the game in anything other than catch and shoot. He now only plays defense when he feels he can get a highlight play. I do hope with that the Lakers he does sacrifice his body and set those off ball screens like the current Warriors or even Nash and Stockton (because that's our system).

The fact that Durant is more effective off ball means although his stats may suffer, his teammates are allowed to do more and thus feel more a part of the game. This is one reason why the Warriors do average so many assists per game as a team. History shows that type of passing game usually defeat a LeBron-led team...

Did I mention that Durant plays consistent defense and LeBron basically doesn't try anymore?

Anyway, on topic, I'd fear the Warriors, they're an unselfish team with lots of talent that they don't have to rely on, since they just play smart like the Spurs. A healthy fear is good, otherwise they'd just demoralize your team.


I agree LeBron's defense has gone down as he preserves his energy for offense. And only plays defense when he wants. At the same time KDs defense slipped last year as well compared to his first year with the warriors. Just hoping people saw that and aren't going off what they saw year 1.

Also, this is the warriors asst% the last 3 years:
2015-16 68% (without KD)
2016-17 70% (first year with kd)
2017-18 68%

I guess we can say KD didn't ruin their already good asst% instead of giving him credit for the good asst%.

That being said, I wanted KD over LeBron before the summer. Mostly because of age and the playstyle. But I'm super stoked that we got LeBron too.

An argument can be made over who is better. I just didn't think your list of categories on the previous page was evidence of that.


I thought Durant played pretty well defensively, especially being the last line of defense. He was number 5 in the NBA last season in blocks per game, getting nearly two blocks a game.


IMO blocks aren't the end all on defense. I thought he gave up on plays a lot this year compared to last year. Saw his lack of effort on defensive rebounding as well.

Along with that eye test the advance stats (drpm, dws, dbpm) show a drop off as well. I thought he was great year 1. Less so in year 2.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.Tyson: NetRtg +31.2
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.KCP.Tyson: NetRtg +12.9
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.McGee: NetRtg +10.7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2004
Posts: 6016
Location: virginia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
epak wrote:
diando wrote:
epak wrote:

Now, to determine who is better, don't you have to put a value on each category?
It's not like each of those categories have the same value. Also, don't you want to use some per36 and other advanced stats?

Durant plays less minutes too and I did say it's a summary.

Just because Durant didn't (have to) do as much heavy-lifting as LeBron, doesn't mean he's not better. Also, I'm of the opinion that LeBron does indeed pad his stats and doesn't get his teammates involved in the game in anything other than catch and shoot. He now only plays defense when he feels he can get a highlight play. I do hope with that the Lakers he does sacrifice his body and set those off ball screens like the current Warriors or even Nash and Stockton (because that's our system).

The fact that Durant is more effective off ball means although his stats may suffer, his teammates are allowed to do more and thus feel more a part of the game. This is one reason why the Warriors do average so many assists per game as a team. History shows that type of passing game usually defeat a LeBron-led team...

Did I mention that Durant plays consistent defense and LeBron basically doesn't try anymore?

Anyway, on topic, I'd fear the Warriors, they're an unselfish team with lots of talent that they don't have to rely on, since they just play smart like the Spurs. A healthy fear is good, otherwise they'd just demoralize your team.


I agree LeBron's defense has gone down as he preserves his energy for offense. And only plays defense when he wants. At the same time KDs defense slipped last year as well compared to his first year with the warriors. Just hoping people saw that and aren't going off what they saw year 1.

Also, this is the warriors asst% the last 3 years:
2015-16 68% (without KD)
2016-17 70% (first year with kd)
2017-18 68%

I guess we can say KD didn't ruin their already good asst% instead of giving him credit for the good asst%.

That being said, I wanted KD over LeBron before the summer. Mostly because of age and the playstyle. But I'm super stoked that we got LeBron too.

An argument can be made over who is better. I just didn't think your list of categories on the previous page was evidence of that.


I thought Durant played pretty well defensively, especially being the last line of defense. He was number 5 in the NBA last season in blocks per game, getting nearly two blocks a game.


IMO blocks aren't the end all on defense. I thought he gave up on plays a lot this year compared to last year. Saw his lack of effort on defensive rebounding as well.

Along with that eye test the advance stats (drpm, dws, dbpm) show a drop off as well. I thought he was great year 1. Less so in year 2.


I disagree, I thought he played tremendous as a last line of defense and was fantastic on the ball as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2004
Posts: 6016
Location: virginia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Car54 wrote:
diando wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
I fear every team in the playoffs.

Because I haven’t seen most of our players play with something truly on the line yet.


We have the best player in the world and playoffs rondo

I didn't know we got Kevin Durant.

Also, since I project that we'd be the seventh seed, I foresee a first round exit, although it it may go 6 or 7 games. The West isn't a cakewalk like the East folks.


Kd aint the best on his team


Of course Durant is the best on his team. Not to mention he looks like a cat playing with a mouse against Lebron in the finals.


LeBron was a beast in the 2017 and last season finals (KD too), they were clearly top 1 & 2 in the league. LeBron's:
2018: 53FG% 33%3PT 84%FT 34ppg 8.5rpg 10apg 1.3spg 1.0bpg
2017: 56FG% 39%3PT 65%FT 34ppg 12rpg 10apg 1.4spg 1.0bpg

pre-KD: (just a beast too)
2016: 49%FG 37%3FG 72%FT 30ppg 11rpg 9apg 2.6spg 2.3bpg
2015: 40%FG 31%3FG 69%FT 36ppg 13rpg 9apg 1.3spg 0.5bpg


Lebron and Durant were both great, it's just how much better Durant looks when the came goes down the stretch. He's just incredible and how unguardable he is shines through in those moments late in games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 2512

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Man, after 5 years i'm just glad we're in the playoffs (assuming things go the way they should)

that being said, the only team that i think we would be in a tough spot with is GS of course. Even if the young guns improve and we play tough defense, i see them wearing us out in the end, and i just don't think we have the offensive firepower to keep up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 1178
Location: Croatia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject:

I think we can play with every team besides Warriors. They are just too complete team when fully healthy.
Put them aside we can play with anyone. HOU is worst than last year. Just because that there is no Ariza who was their main defensive player. They have Melo now.
OKC is good but we can definitely play with them knowing that they do not have someone to contain LBJ.
Utah is my biggest concern after Warriors. Really good team , well coached and hungry of success.
Others are more or less worst than us or at the same level so I am not really concerned.
_________________
K.O.B.E - King Of Basketball End of story
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 10875

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:44 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Man, after 5 years i'm just glad we're in the playoffs (assuming things go the way they should)

that being said, the only team that i think we would be in a tough spot with is GS of course. Even if the young guns improve and we play tough defense, i see them wearing us out in the end, and i just don't think we have the offensive firepower to keep up


Yea I don’t think we’re ready to dethrone them but if it happened I wouldn’t be shocked. One thing I haven’t seen mentioned is that we have two guys who knows other teams plays in Rondo and LA Bron.
_________________
Coach: Luuuuuuuuuuuke
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kball
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 05 Aug 2018
Posts: 56

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:13 am    Post subject:

Possible we compete with most all playoff teams.

But if we're being honest its not only that we have a bunch of youth (far from all star level) and a bunch of new guys thrown together.

But also an unproven and very young and inexperienced coaching staff expected to guide this squad.

I'm hopeful yet unconvinced until i see a playoff series where minutes, timeouts, subs, adjustments etc are all made on the fly in meaningful games with advancing on the line.

Seems like a while since we've seen former head coaches join benches as assistants, but man do i wish we could convince Jeff Van Gundy to join.
As much as i'd miss him on broadcasts, i think it would be an absolute coup to get him and give our staff more cred
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 8868

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Projections for the 2018-19 Western Conference
Efficiency rankings and playoff probabilities for the 2018-19 Western Conference, according to FiveThirtyEight’s CARMELO model

Code:
EFFICIENCY RK   CHANCE TO …
TEAM   CARMELO   PROJ. RECORD   OFF.   DEF.   MAKE PLAYOFFS   MAKE FINALS   WIN TITLE
Warriors   1751   63-19   1   3   >99   61%   49%
Rockets   1662   56-26   2   8   98   15   9
Jazz   1636   55-27   14   1   98   8   4
Thunder   1625   53-29   4   7   95   7   4
Nuggets   1587   50-32   3   25   91   3   1

Lakers   1582   48-34   8   14   84   3   1

Timberwolves   1559   45-37   5   21   74   1   <1
Pelicans   1555   45-37   11   9   73   1   <1
Trail Blazers   1501   39-43   15   18   34   <1   <1
Spurs   1472   37-45   17   19   25   <1   <1
Grizzlies   1436   33-49   28   10   12   <1   <1
Clippers   1434   33-49   20   24   12   <1   <1
Mavericks   1389   28-54   29   20   3   <1   <1
Suns   1361   26-56   22   30   1   <1   <1
Kings   1330   23-59   24   29   <1   <1   <1


As of Oct. 14, 2018

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/from-the-warriors-to-the-knicks-how-were-predicting-the-2018-19-nba/?ex_cid=story-twitter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 22156
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Minny won 47 games last year and we are gonna win 48 with the best player on the planet? I don’t see it unless the young guys don’t take a big step forward and from the looks of it they look very focused heading into the season, maybe they know better then we do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 8868

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Minny won 47 games last year and we are gonna win 48 with the best player on the planet? I don’t see it unless the young guys don’t take a big step forward and from the looks of it they look very focused heading into the season, maybe they know better then we do.


6th in the west with an 84% chance of making the playoffs sounds right to me...wins will be tough for all in the west...look for the c's to have home court throughout because of the easy east conference
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 4213

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject:

1- Warriors
2- Rockets
3- Thunder
4- Lakers
5- Nuggets
6- Jazz
7- Spurs
8- Pelicans

1- Celtics
2- Sixers
3- Bucks
4- Raptors
5- Wizards
6- Pacers
7- Heat
8- Pistons
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB