Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
LAPD confirms it was a police bullet that killed the Trader Joe's employee.

the day after it happened, I read an article that insinuated that the perp shot the store employee.....and just basic logic screamed that was not the case. It was fairly clear what likely happened....the employee took a stray bullet from the police as the suspect was fleeing into the store. I am not passing judgment yet, but there needs to be an external investigation.....there is a reason cops are not supposed to be shooting at a fleeing vehicle in populated commercial or residential areas....because it is better the suspect get away that to shoot an innocent civilian.
the last part of your post is 100%TRUTH. But, and yall know I'm not the one to be siding with the cops. But right is right. I can kind of understand their logic in this specific scenario.

The man just shot his granny. if you're shooting grandma, you would shoot anyone. Therefore, if you run into a store. I'm afraid you may shoot up the store, I dont have any idea why you even shot your grams to begin with at this early stage in the chase. So I can see a situation where they were trying to hurry up and shoot him to stop him from ever entering the store. What they didnt know is he lost it for a moment and shot is grandma, but had zero intention on shooting any other civilians.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

the day after it happened, I read an article that insinuated that the perp shot the store employee.....and just basic logic screamed that was not the case. It was fairly clear what likely happened....the employee took a stray bullet from the police as the suspect was fleeing into the store. I am not passing judgment yet, but there needs to be an external investigation.....there is a reason cops are not supposed to be shooting at a fleeing vehicle in populated commercial or residential areas....because it is better the suspect get away that to shoot an innocent civilian.

Yeah, the only problem is this wasn't just a fleeing felon. This was an active shooter who was shooting at the cops through his rear window and firing as he bailed out of the car and into the store, and continued shooting once inside. I think the decision to shoot into the store was a tragic mistake that shouldn't have happened. But I can also see why it wasn't a "hold your fire" situation in the heat of the moment either.

I'd like to think I would have had the presence of mind to think, "I can't fire into the store entrance, too much risk. I'll hold until I have a clear shot", but it's pretty easy to second guess after the fact when there are not bullets whizzing all around.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Yeah, the only problem is this wasn't just a fleeing felon. This was an active shooter who was shooting at the cops through his rear window and firing as he bailed out of the car and into the store, and continued shooting once inside. I think the decision to shoot into the store was a tragic mistake that shouldn't have happened. But I can also see why it wasn't a "hold your fire" situation in the heat of the moment either.

I'd like to think I would have had the presence of mind to think, "I can't fire into the store entrance, too much risk. I'll hold until I have a clear shot", but it's pretty easy to second guess after the fact when there are not bullets whizzing all around.
but if it happened as the video showed. they didnt technically fire into the store..intentionally. meaning they were not shooting at the guy once he was already in the store popping shots back at them. They fired when he hopped out the car and started running towards the store. Thats when they did have a semi clear shot. there were no people around and they thought get him now because we dont know what could happen if he gets in that store with all those innocent people. Remember they did wound him from that shot. It's just super unfortunate that the manager was in that spot at that moment.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: