Lamar Odom safe after being caught up in shooting at NYC Hooters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject:

Man Lamar's been through some (bleep) the last few years. I'd like to see him get back on the right track.
StillSWOL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

crazylakerfan001 wrote:
Dude can't catch a break. First the Brothel Incident in Las Vegas, Now almost getting shot at Hooters

Break? He is a bad decision maker, it's not breaks it's bad decisions

Being at Hooters with dudes who fight other dudes at Hooters is a bad life decision

Marrying Klhoe Kardashian..... Bad decision

Being drugged out at a brothel..... Bad decision

If life was a basketball game he would be White Chocolate

Love Lamar as a former Laker and generally a great dude by all accounts but man has to get his ish together before one of the decisions turns tragic, that would break almost any fan of Lamar or Lakers hearts
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject:

StillSWOL wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:
Dude can't catch a break. First the Brothel Incident in Las Vegas, Now almost getting shot at Hooters

Being at Hooters with dudes who fight other dudes at Hooters is a bad life decision

Love Lamar as a former Laker and generally a great dude by all accounts but man has to get his ish together before one of the decisions turns tragic, that would break almost any fan of Lamar or Lakers hearts

Lamar has been through some really (bleep) up (bleep) that no one should have to go through, at least not to that extent. Some folks handle it better then others, we are all human, none of us think and act exactly the same.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject:

kcxiv wrote:
StillSWOL wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:

Lamar has been through some really (bleep) up (bleep) that no one should have to go through, at least not to that extent. Some folks handle it better then others, we are all human, none of us think and act exactly the same.

Wow... we had to wait til page 2 for this kinda post this time. I'm guessing it will be page 3 when this guy has his next brush with death.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Oh Lamar....
StillSWOL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
StillSWOL wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:

Wow... we had to wait til page 2 for this kinda post this time. I'm guessing it will be page 3 when this guy has his next brush with death.

Dude for real, and I'm not even trying to judge him, we never really know these guys but he seems like one of the coolest dudes to ever lace em up, I loved him as Laker fan easily one of my favorite lakers ever

I'm just hoping he gets the support he needs to make long life decisions, hope he gets around people that actually care enough about him to help him out with that.....

BTW he was like 12 years too early he would be a yearly all-star in this NBA right now, he was ahead of his time
JohnDoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: Lamar Odom safe after being caught up in shooting at NYC Hooters

Basketball Fan wrote:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/lamar-odom-safe-after-being-caught-up-in-shooting-at-a-nyc-hooters/ar-AAAmOyf?li=BBnbfcL

Quote:
Lamar Odom Safe After Being Caught Up in Shooting at a N.Y.C. Hooters

Lamar Odom is safe after gunshots were fired while the former NBA star was dining at Hooters.

An NYPD public information officer confirmed to PEOPLE on Tuesday that members of Odom’s entourage were involved in a verbal dispute at a Hooters restaurant in Queens, New York, in the early morning of July 19.

As Odom, 38, was eating at one of the outdoor tables, shots were fired by members of another group before the other group fled the scene, the PIO officer confirms. No clear description is available of the other group members.

He was not the intended target or involved in the dispute, but was present on scene, the PIO officer says. The investigation is underway. TMZ first reported the news.

In a statement shared on his Instagram Tuesday afternoon, Odom said, “I want to let my fans know that I am OK. Thanks for your messages I will try to respond to as many fans I can.”

“Just to share the ‘truth’ here with you all. I was near the scene when it just happened and not involved in any way! Thanks, Lamar Odom,” he wrote.

The incident came days after Odom announced that he is leaving the U.S. and moving to China.

The athlete and ex-husband of Khloé Kardashian announced in a since-deleted Instagram post that he has “decided to move to Shenzhen, China” — a decision he feels “so happy” about.

“Happy & Proud to announce that I have signed a global management contract with my new @ninetyplusofficial family and decided to move to Shenzhen, China,” he began the now-removed post, captured by The Shade Room.

He continued, “This month, I have spend a few weeks in Shenzhen (China) signing new deals and I feel so overwhelmed and blessed with my new Chinese business partners and management @mr2rchiang @iamzoul.”

“It’s a huge step for me and I feel so happy to be writing new episodes of my life in another country that’s so HUGE in basketball. I am grateful to have you all as my supporting fans through my ups and downs,” said Odom. “I have so much love for you all and I will be sharing some exciting stuff about my new journey with you here. Much love and respect,” Odom added with a red heart, praying hands and China flag emoji.

Welcome to SZ, Lamar! You're going to love it. I sure do.
JohnDoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:10 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
LO's moving to China? Good for him. Too many people in LA and NY ready to lead him astray again. China has some pretty strict anti-drug laws from what I hear.

That they do!
KungPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Lamar announced today that he's going to play bball in China. So I guess that's why he was moving...
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

My takeaway from this story is: they actually have Hooters in NY?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Thought title said "caught shooting up". Relieved tbqh

It's okay. For a second there I thought it said Hookers.

You guys ain't right..

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject:

You guys act like he has some sort of bad luck and none of it is his doing.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

StillSWOL wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:

LO made bad decisions but he also caught bad breaks.

His mother dies when he's really young. not LO's fault. this will make most kids be a bit lost i dont care who they are. i've seen it enough times. See Kanye post mama dying. dude has lost his mind(mental illness doesnt help but no mama there to keep you on your P's and Q's means something.

Grandma Passes away(obviously she's grandma so odds are she's going to go before you turn 40. but still thats your mama since your real mom passed early. so two of the most influential women in your life are gone when you're not even 40.

One of Lo's Kids died(not LO's fault). this will tear up anyone and a lot of people out there will tell you not only are they never the same. but some are messed up for life and just can't find a reason to live. The only thing keeping them here is they are afraid to do it themselves.

LO and Khloe are involved in an accident where they are not driving but the kid that hits their vehicle ends up dying. NOt LO's fault. but still on his mind. now you start to wonder if death follows you.

Oh lets not forget Big LO, Lo's dad. His dad went to Nam and came back hooked on drugs. This is where I believe LO gets his addiction from. Some people at the DNA level are Prowned to being addicts or addicted to SOMETHING. you hope they are addicted to something more positive than negative. LO was addicted to weed and candy. then that turned into the white stuff.

if you've seen That TV show with LO and Khloe. you would've seen how wack his dad was.He was more a user than his actual father. but thats a drug addict daddy for you. can't expect much, he has his own disease and demons to deal with. so once again, who does LO have to depend on from his family tree of elders? NO ONE.

Very rarely do you find people under 40(which Lo was during these times) where they have their head completely screwed on right without some elders in their life helping them along the way. the "it takes a village" has and will remain to be true.

LO goes home to NY and gets robbed by a guy he grew up with and knew well.

Now you start to get into LO blowing it. Lo got got twice smoking weed in the nba. if he got caught again he would've been booted out the league. But he never got caught again.

LO wins a couple of rings and 6th man of the year, then gets traded out of the blue. That was the last straw for him. for a normal person with a semi normal life of issues like one death in their immediate family when they're young and maybe a grand parent that didnt have to raise them but still having at least one sober parent left in their 30's would be nice.

LO cheated on his wife multiple times, and got hooked on hard drugs. Got caught at the brothel and that was that.

Now Lo is sitting down eating a meal and people are shooting/fighting. he had nothing to do with it the story says. yet that grey cloud follows him.

As if the man was blessed with height/length/athleticism/agility/ basketball ability/ and riches but he was cursed with everything else.
again, even his addiction to candy, weed and hard stuff probably is at the dna level from his own dad. So yeah, LO has had a rough life outside of playing basketball and the rich part. and for the most part he was a good guy if you ask anyone about him. most people even some on this board would've jumped off a bridge after that child died. lets be real about it. oh i forgot, his best friend was super depressed for various reasons. and he took his own life via drugs. his brother in law he was closed to was also super depressed.
I mean my goodness. how much can one man bare?

So good luck to LO in china.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
read what i wrote and you will understand that most of it is not his doing or was not his doing.

its hard for me to blame people that have so many issues so early on in life that never seem to stop then they start acting out at some point. its human nature to do that. like i said. most people in his position would've off'd themselves by now.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
read what i wrote and you will understand that most of it is not his doing or was not his doing.

its hard for me to blame people that have so many issues so early on in life that never seem to stop then they start acting out at some point. its human nature to do that. like i said. most people in his position would've off'd themselves by now.
Whoa...interesting.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject:

If LO hadn't let his ego get in the way, stayed married to Khloe he wouldn't have been traded to Dallas. I think he would have been 6th man of the year again, at least once. The trade to Dallas was to much for him to handle. JMHO

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
If LO had not let his ego get in the way, stayed married to Khloe he wouldn't have been traded to Dallas. I think he would have been 6th man of the year again, at least once. The trade to Dallas was to much for him to handle.

Jo, you're joking right?

LO got traded not because of his ego or anything else. He got traded because that was the only way we could get chris paul in the deal and with gasol and lo we would've saved like 8 million or something. There was no other way to get cp3 back then. LO was a casualty of being a role player for a championship franchise. I loved eddie jones to. bye. I loved nick the quick. bye. if you aint a star...bye if that means our team will be better. thats how the lakers have always rolled. Now if there's no way to get better on the deal, then its all love and you can run with us until you retire. LO was a borderline allstar. but not an actual one. shoot eddie jones was a real one, so was nick. and they still got traded. I mean gasol was better than LO. but he got traded too. So what makes you believe LO wasnt out the door for cp3 no matter his ego? Now he should've stayed married. I expect everyone that gets married to stay married until the grave, assuming no one is physically or mentally abusing the other person or no one is just cheating up a storm on the other person(which LO was.) so it is what it is. He did that damage on his own. But that was because he had that last straw when the lakers traded him. he lost it. the little bit of sanity he had left was officially gone.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Who do you believe?

Lamar Odom says he did not request a trade from Lakers

LINK

Quote:
Lamar Odom denies that he requested a trade from L.A. after he was reportedly involved in a vetoed trade by the Lakers for Chris Paul

Quote:
The narrative from the aftermath of the vetoed three-way trade which would have sent Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Lakers in December has been fairly set in stone. The league vetoed a trade instead of the league acting in the capacity of an owner, because that makes the league sound worse. The Hornets got a worse deal because short-term success is always what you want versus long-term flexibility. And the deal upset Lamar Odom so much he requested a trade which forced the Lakers to move him for nothing. It wasn't a matter of money, it was the Lakers trying to accomodate an unhappy player.

splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Who do you believe?

LINK

Quote:
Lamar Odom denies that he requested a trade from L.A. after he was reportedly involved in a vetoed trade by the Lakers for Chris Paul

Quote:
The narrative from the aftermath of the vetoed three-way trade which would have sent Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Lakers in December has been fairly set in stone. The league vetoed a trade instead of the league acting in the capacity of an owner, because that makes the league sound worse. The Hornets got a worse deal because short-term success is always what you want versus long-term flexibility. And the deal upset Lamar Odom so much he requested a trade which forced the Lakers to move him for nothing. It wasn't a matter of money, it was the Lakers trying to accomodate an unhappy player.
Jo with all due respect. what does this have to do with anything?

LO lost his mind officially once he was in the initial deal. Whatever happened afterwards means nothing to the conversation. He thought the lakers were his family then out of the blue they got rid of him during one of his best seasons. He realized, he was just another asset. And knowing that he couldn't deal any longer. LO has been basically looking for a legit family to embrace him as one of their own. he has never actually had that for any long period either due to death in his family or drugs in his family. so that basketball family seemed like a for sure thing but it wasnt. end of that last bit of sane LO.

understand, I'm not faulting the lakers for making that deal. It was a great move. I'm just stating LO's reality when it happened.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject:

I don't think LO actually wanted a trade from the Lakers....but the trust that he felt with the front office was broken. Seeing how he basically dogged it in Dallas, he was never the same player again. Spiritually he was broken. Lakers were probably the one family he felt like he had in the NBA and that was gone.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
I don't think LO actually wanted a trade from the Lakers....but the trust that he felt with the front office was broken. Seeing how he basically dogged it in Dallas, he was never the same player again. Spiritually he was broken. Lakers were probably the one family he felt like he had in the NBA and that was gone.

It's pretty incredible how he was 6th Man of the Year in 2011 and out of the league two years later.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Who do you believe?

LINK

Quote:

Quote:

LO lost his mind officially once he was in the initial deal. Whatever happened afterwards means nothing to the conversation. He thought the lakers were his family then out of the blue they got rid of him during one of his best seasons. He realized, he was just another asset. And knowing that he couldn't deal any longer. LO has been basically looking for a legit family to embrace him as one of their own. he has never actually had that for any long period either due to death in his family or drugs in his family. so that basketball family seemed like a for sure thing but it wasnt. end of that last bit of sane LO.

understand, I'm not faulting the lakers for making that deal. It was a great move. I'm just stating LO's reality when it happened.

It relates to his ego. He was hurt because he was in trade talks. Gasol was also but he didn't react like LO. LO said he wanted to be traded in the heat of the moment and retracted it. (To late)

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

IA. The trade talks overloaded a already fragile psyche. He was doing fine until the trade talks. Trevor Ariza did the same thing, let his ego get out of hand. Difference, he didn't break.

splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Who do you believe?

LINK

Quote:

Quote:

It relates to his ego. He was hurt because he was in trade talks. Gasol was also but he didn't react like LO. LO said he wanted to be traded in the heat of the moment and retracted it. (To late)
its not always about hurting someone's ego. sometimes its about hurting someone's feelings. LO's feelings were hurt. where do you guys get this narrative that LO had this HUGE EGO? he didnt. There isnt a person on the planet that knows him that would say that. They all talk about how humble of a person he is.

Again, Gasol's life was no where near as death ridden and as bad as LO's. I dont know if any of gasol's parents died before they were traded or if any of them were on drugs. I dont think gasol even had a kid yet, and if he did, I never heard about him losing his child. These things alone are a lot to bear for anyone.
Gasol was more Whole than LO due to his upbringing. Gasol had a legit family that he came from, so he didnt NEED one. LO was and may still be in search for that. This is why he was completely devastated by the trade vs gasol being really hurt by it. Similar but different.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

IA. The trade talks overloaded a already fragile psyche. He was doing fine until the trade talks. Trevor Ariza did the same thing, let his ego get out of hand. Difference, he didn't break.
read my post. there is more to it than what you are saying when you talk about guys feelings getting hurt. there's different reasons why one guy responded so harshly vs the others. he was the one out of the 3 people gasol, ariza, and himself who had dealt with that much death and issues that had nothing to do with him. then if you add on his dad more or less passing on that addictive personality trait to him. its all bad.

If you catch someone overreacting to being traded. Go check their family history and how they were brought up. you can almost bet your next pay check that they have gone thru a lot which is why they are so broken when things dont work out perfectly for them. They dont have the same threshold or tolerance that others have built up over the years with a better situation. on the flip side, LO has a high threshold tolerance dealing with close deaths because even though he went off the deep end finally. Most people would've made several attempts to off themselves or would've succeeded by this point. the dude has been thru a ton that had nothing to do with him doing something wrong. This is not an excuse. its a reality.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: