OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 403, 404, 405 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
greek laker wrote:
we still have 4 good prospects, its a shame we lost d angelo and julius

DLO sucks.

Good to hear from the peanut gallery
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
adkindo wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Middleton may be the best option we can get, and may work out great....but it would still be a failure by the front office.

Sorry. This is a total GARBAGE post.

eh, you can disagree....or offer reasons why its not a failure....but just continuing to go around praising everything this FO does and labeling any thought that does not support that narrative as garbage is the real garbage.

You have been knocking the FO the entire time (and I will not say any more because I do not want to come across as a douche). What is wrong with signing the best player in the world and following it up with one of the best 3 and D players in the league. He was one of the BEST players in last years playoffs and was a MONSTER. We do not even know where the chips are going to fall, but to say the signing of Middleton would be a failure by the FO is ignorant at best.

you have me confused....I am not the biggest fan of Magic as an executive, but I say very little about the FO or the job they are doing. I actually think Rob is very qualified and will likely succeed in his position. It is a failure because they came in, and did a 180 degree strategy change...claiming they would sign 2 superstars. They shed a lot of talent and passed on unknown amount of opportunities to create cap space for a 2nd Superstar. Kris Middleton is a role player....he has not even made an All Star game in his career. We could have signed 1 star by just stretching Deng.

Last night....

Dlo - 29 Points, 5 Rebounds, 5 Assists
Randle - 26 Points, 13 Rebounds, 3 Assists
Clarkson - 26 Points, 4 Rebounds, 1 Assists
Nance - 11 Points, 7 Rebounds

Those guys could all still be here with Lebron....just taking the place of Lance, Beasley, and Rondo......and you are telling me that Middleton is worth those 4 guys? What did Clarkson and Nance get us.....Moe Wagner? In my opinion, if they strike out on another true star, they have mismanaged assets.

And all 4 will be off rookie deals by next summer. Can’t keep every rookie deal.

There is no reason you couldn’t

And then pay BI and Lonzo too? Doubtful.

Again, no reason that they couldn’t
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
So guys, assuming we get KD, which ones of our veterans youd like to see staying? Of the obvious choices (Rondo, KCP, McGee, Chandler), i think only Chandler would take the vet min. Maybe one of Rondo/McGee on the room exception, but KCP would want much more i guess. I personally wouldnt mind Beastley sticking around, but with KD and Kuz hes redundant.

sign kawhi instead because younger and cheaper
when lbj slows down, kawhi still in prime and bi would be stronger and more skilled.

remaining money goes to rondo and chandler

this should beat warriors with kd (no excuses for them):
lonzo/rondo/bonga
kawhi/hart
bi/svi
lbj/kuz
chandler/mo

1st round pick bpa
vet mins: wade, melo, center

Last edited by cal1piggy on Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject:

They'd have the highest payroll in the league and still wouldn't be a real contender with them.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
No evidence to support this claim, but John Wall “looks” like an alcoholic to me. It wouldn’t surprise me at all to hear that he has a substance abuse problem.

Same. Very Ty Lawson-esque. Thankfully Wall knows how to use Uber.

I don't know that it goes as far as alcoholism or a substance abuse problem, but there have been some reports out of Washington that Wall likes to enjoy the nightlife. He is an adult and can make his own choices, of course, but the implication has been that he is, er, not as committed to playing basketball as we would want to see from a guy about to start a four-year supermax extension. His next tattoo should be on his forehead and read "Cautionary Tale."
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
adkindo wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Middleton may be the best option we can get, and may work out great....but it would still be a failure by the front office.

Sorry. This is a total GARBAGE post.

eh, you can disagree....or offer reasons why its not a failure....but just continuing to go around praising everything this FO does and labeling any thought that does not support that narrative as garbage is the real garbage.

You have been knocking the FO the entire time (and I will not say any more because I do not want to come across as a douche). What is wrong with signing the best player in the world and following it up with one of the best 3 and D players in the league. He was one of the BEST players in last years playoffs and was a MONSTER. We do not even know where the chips are going to fall, but to say the signing of Middleton would be a failure by the FO is ignorant at best.

you have me confused....I am not the biggest fan of Magic as an executive, but I say very little about the FO or the job they are doing. I actually think Rob is very qualified and will likely succeed in his position. It is a failure because they came in, and did a 180 degree strategy change...claiming they would sign 2 superstars. They shed a lot of talent and passed on unknown amount of opportunities to create cap space for a 2nd Superstar. Kris Middleton is a role player....he has not even made an All Star game in his career. We could have signed 1 star by just stretching Deng.

Last night....

Dlo - 29 Points, 5 Rebounds, 5 Assists
Randle - 26 Points, 13 Rebounds, 3 Assists
Clarkson - 26 Points, 4 Rebounds, 1 Assists
Nance - 11 Points, 7 Rebounds

Those guys could all still be here with Lebron....just taking the place of Lance, Beasley, and Rondo......and you are telling me that Middleton is worth those 4 guys? What did Clarkson and Nance get us.....Moe Wagner? In my opinion, if they strike out on another true star, they have mismanaged assets.

And all 4 will be off rookie deals by next summer. Can’t keep every rookie deal.

There is no reason you couldn’t

And then pay BI and Lonzo too? Doubtful.

Again, no reason that they couldn’t

Forget next year. There was not even a path to keep all 4 and sign LJ this year..
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
No evidence to support this claim, but John Wall “looks” like an alcoholic to me. It wouldn’t surprise me at all to hear that he has a substance abuse problem.

I don't know that it goes as far as alcoholism or a substance abuse problem, but there have been some reports out of Washington that Wall likes to enjoy the nightlife. He is an adult and can make his own choices, of course, but the implication has been that he is, er, not as committed to playing basketball as we would want to see from a guy about to start a four-year supermax extension. His next tattoo should be on his forehead and read "Cautionary Tale."

Yeah, that only adds to my theory. You saying this gives me license to also say that he might also be a cokehead as well — something I’ve also suspected.

Your new information only “affirms” my feelings.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Yeah, that only adds to my theory. You saying this gives me license to also say that he might also be a cokehead as well — something I’ve also suspected.

Your new information only “affirms” my feelings.

SAS called him out for it this season. Wall fired back. Take this for whatever it's worth. He's a grown man and can do what he wants, but some of the language sounds like the stuff that people say when they have a problem. "I go on Saturdays." "I go once in a blue while." This may be nothing, but it seems like there has been a lot of negativity around Wall ever since he signed the supermax extension.

https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/john-wall-partying-club-rosebar-dc/472192
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Jason Terry wants to play for the Lakers

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/251860/Jason-Terry-To-Remain-Retired-Unless-Lakers-Warriors-Or-Mavs-Have-Interest

Warriors and Dallas also an option.

This is why it’s good to have a contending team players out of nowhere are gonna want to play for us... if he can knock down 2 3’s every game I say let’s sign him.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Jason Terry. Lol
He's 41 years old.
Last year he played 51 games for Milwaukee. 16 minutes a game and 3 points a game.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Jason Terry. Lol
He's 41 years old.
Last year he played 51 games for Milwaukee. 16 minutes a game and 3 points a game.

Vince Carter is 41 and is putting up solid stats for the Hawks, Jason Terry is better then Zubac so he should be one of the candidates to replace Zu once he gets traded or is waived.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject:

I saw someone post that Julius Randle had the 2nd worst drpm for his position and still can't defend worth a damn. Could someone who watches the Pelicans game say anything about that? This is 6 months after Julius Randle said he never did an individual defensive drill until he joined the Pelicans, and is excited about the challenge of being an actual defender ...
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Although I would be disappointed if we don’t get a max player like KD, Kawhi or Thompson this summer. I would love to add a combination of Middleton, Tobias, Vucevic n Gasol, and still feel we can contend for a title next year.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
I saw someone post that Julius Randle had the 2nd worst drpm for his position and still can't defend worth a damn. Could someone who watches the Pelicans game say anything about that? This is 6 months after Julius Randle said he never did an individual defensive drill until he joined the Pelicans, and is excited about the challenge of being an actual defender ...

He's ranked #37 out of 93 power forwards in the DRPM rankings. Really not too bad. Kuzma is ranked #64 but that isn't surprising tbh.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

daytripper wrote:
drae wrote:

He's ranked #37 out of 93 power forwards in the DRPM rankings. Really not too bad. Kuzma is ranked #64 but that isn't surprising tbh.

Don't know what this guy was talking about then : S

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/a4ga5t/i_think_zion_williamson_will_end_up_more_like/ebelmqh/
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject:

For FAs, my top choice would be Kawhi. Dude just impacts the game in so many ways. Obviously KD is great but imo there is something to the Warriors losing more when Curry is out.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:
Jason Terry. Lol
He's 41 years old.

Vince Carter is 41 and is putting up solid stats for the Hawks, Jason Terry is better then Zubac so he should be one of the candidates to replace Zu once he gets traded or is waived.

Well hey, Kobe is only 40 right now.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
For FAs, my top choice would be Kawhi. Dude just impacts the game in so many ways. Obviously KD is great but imo there is something to the Warriors losing more when Curry is out.

Yep. I'm with you on this entirely. I doubt he walks away from Toronto to take less $ elsewhere. But, I'd commit to Kawhi over KD or anyone else in a heartbeat. Dude is a beast.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
daytripper wrote:
drae wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/a4ga5t/i_think_zion_williamson_will_end_up_more_like/ebelmqh/

Not sure but you can even go to ESPN and check the DRPM stats by position..

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/position/6
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
daytripper wrote:
drae wrote:

Randle is 92 of 93. Kuzma is 91 of 93. Marvin Bagley (93) needs to pick it up.

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/3/sort/DRPM/position/6
818fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:
Jason Terry. Lol
He's 41 years old.

You have to be trolling.... All your other posts make so much more sense now that I realized you're just one giant troll
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject:

daytripper wrote:
drae wrote:
daytripper wrote:
drae wrote:

Not sure but you can even go to ESPN and check the DRPM stats by position..

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/position/6

You sorted it by RPM, not DRPM
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject:

I think Ingram could be the next to go. He could be dangled as bait for a trade before the deadline for the right deal. I don't know how enamored Magic is with him. He says nice things publicly but he does that with all the young players. Remember Ingram is from the old regime and not on Magic's watch. There is only 2 players left from the old regime Ingram and Zu. It's possible both will be gone by the start of next season.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

818fan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:
Jason Terry. Lol
He's 41 years old.

You have to be trolling.... All your other posts make so much more sense now that I realized you're just one giant troll

I’m a giant troll because I appreciate what old vets can bring to a contending team? Yeah okay if it helps you sleep better at night
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I think Ingram could be the next to go. He could be dangled as bait for a trade before the deadline for the right deal. I don't know how enamored Magic is with him. He says nice things publicly but he does that with all the young players. Remember Ingram is from the old regime and not on Magic's watch. There is only 2 players left from the old regime Ingram and Zu. It's possible both will be gone by the start of next season.

BI is probably the only young player from the former regime that the current FO is high on, if they didn’t like the fact that he was apart of the previous regime they would have found a way to trade him for Paul George or Kawhi but didn’t do it... BI is valued around the league.. only LG users wants to trade BI because they don’t appreciate defense and are more interested in fantasy stats.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 403, 404, 405 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 404 of 8560
Jump to: