OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4109, 4110, 4111 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:34 am    Post subject:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7SkElKJmlF/?igshid=1n2b44qjdrbz2

Boogie's latest IG post.
Check out who's the top comment...
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:39 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Boogie's latest IG post.

Oh my, DC? 0.0
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:40 am    Post subject:

Burks can't be had for Horton-Tucker, in my opinion.

With his minimum salary and his ability to be added to any team, O think Golden State gets a low first or multiple seconds (2-3) for him from a contender.

If Golden State takes Horton-Tucker for Burks, you do it, no questions asked. Why? Because he, in this case cheaply, fills an immediate need.

In response to Stu, you need Collison AND a player "like" Burks. Collison alone is an improvement but if you want to build this team properly, you get Collison (a classic 3&D PG) and a penetrator/creative scorer as well.

To think that acquiring Collison is sufficient in filling the holes of this team is shortsighted.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:49 am    Post subject:

Collison is more or less a forgone conclusion.

For me, the decision that needs to be made is who else can they get to augment Collison's arrival.

Collison, Bradley, and Green are prototypical guards to play alongside James in the starting lineup. Off the bench, they need "pop", a guy who can be Lebron James off the bench, getting his own shot and scoring through penetration and pull-ups.

Collison isn't enough people. The devil's in the details. Rest on your laurels if you like, but it will bite you in the ass when it really counts.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:56 am    Post subject:

If the decision is between sending THT or a future second to close a deal, keep THT and send a future second?
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:10 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
SGA against the T-Wolves - 20/18/10

Can u imagine if SGA turns out better than Paula?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:08 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Burks can't be had for Horton-Tucker, in my opinion.

With his minimum salary and his ability to be added to any team, O think Golden State gets a low first or multiple seconds (2-3) for him from a contender.

If Golden State takes Horton-Tucker for Burks, you do it, no questions asked. Why? Because he, in this case cheaply, fills an immediate need.

In response to Stu, you need Collison AND a player "like" Burks. Collison alone is an improvement but if you want to build this team properly, you get Collison (a classic 3&D PG) and a penetrator/creative scorer as well.

To think that acquiring Collison is sufficient in filling the holes of this team is shortsighted.

Burks just doesn't do it for me. I mean, I'll take him for basically nothing, but if you're asking me if I'd trade THT for him, I would not.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:08 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
If the decision is between sending THT or a future second to close a deal, keep THT and send a future second?

I would rather send a future second.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:09 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Those saying we need a creative scorer, I agree. Can't we just trade THT for Burks to get us that type of player though? Then sign Collison as the playmaker/shooter?

LeBron - Collison
Bradley - Burks - Caruso
Green - KCP
Davis - Kuzma
McGee - Howard

I'd rather just sign Collison and keep THT. I'm fine with playing Caruso more minutes, instead of playing Burks a lot. Burks has free reign right now to put up #'s on a tanking team. I don't trust what he's doing to translate to us.

I'm not opposed to trading THT, but I wouldn't be in favor of something like this.

Agreed. He's having easily the best year of his career in his 9th season and it just so happens to be on a tanking team. He has essentially the highest usage on the team, playing the 2nd most mpg of his career and the Warriors have won 9 games and have the 3rd worst margin of victory in the league, losing by an average of 8.2 points. His numbers don't impact winning and never have. It's a textbook empty stat, looter in a riot scenario and way too often this ends up being fool's gold. He's never played a significant role on a team with anything close to championship aspirations. There's absolutely not enough minutes or usage to go around for him to have nearly the same production. Not to mention the adjustment period that would take place as he accepts a much smaller role. We've seen Kuz struggle with this all season and would be shortsighted to expect much different from Burks.

There's a razor slim chance it could work but for my money, building a championship team, I'm going to trust his history and track record rather than hoping and wishing that he can be the exception to the rule.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:22 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Boogie's latest IG post.

Do it Mitch! er um, Rob!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:49 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Boogie's latest IG post.

Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:08 am    Post subject:

Hey, we're 33-7. This is a PERFECT time to (bleep) with our rotation & chemistry!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:17 am    Post subject:

Karmaloop wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
I’m glad Presti got SGA. Game over if Clippers still had him.

Oh and if Denver is stupid enough to offer Grant for Iggy I think that’s coming from the Memphis camp to drive up price, don’t think Denver is that stupid.

Clippers weren't getting PG13 without giving up SGA.

People crap on the Lakers trading for AD, but Clips gave up just as much (maybe more) to be strong armed by Kawhi. We'll see how it pans out for both teams.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:17 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
The team is most optimized with Davis at center.

1. Y'all keep ignoring the fact that AD has spent the last 6 years trying not to play Center.

2. The BEST way to keep from resigning him is to try and force him to play a position that he doesn't want to play.

3. One of the keys to our defense is having AD as the WEAKSIDE defender. Dropping LBJ to the 4 or putting Kuz there FT will change the way we have to play defense (unless we acquire another W/S defending PF like Ibaka to start).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:19 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
SGA against the T-Wolves - 20/18/10

I’m glad Presti got SGA. Game over if Clippers still had him.

Oh and if Denver is stupid enough to offer Grant for Iggy I think that’s coming from the Memphis camp to drive up price, don’t think Denver is that stupid.

Totally. Denver can't be that freaking stupid.

For one thing, salaries don't come close to balancing.

For another, I can't see why Memphis would want Grant who can opt out after this year. He doesn't help their long-range plans.

If no one offers a first, I could see Denver trading Plumlee and a second for him.

At the end of the day, I don't see the Grizz buying Iggy out or trading him to the Lakers. Some team will offer at least a 2nd rounder and expiring salaries and that will be that.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:19 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
I'm in favor of no major trades right now. Collison should solve a lot of problems. If we can get a key piece for and outside part go for it (Cook,Daniels etc) but I don't see it.

Was looking ahead to the free agency market this summer to see who we could target and I came up with Dragic,Teague at MLE targets and RHJ/Iggy/J.Holiday at the BAE exception. Not much on the market at all.

Hypothetical question, if DeRozan opts in and the Spurs offer DeRozan for Green+2020 1st, do you do it? I was looking for potential targets for our upcoming exp k (Cook, McGee,Bradley)+1st for a summer deal and could only find DeRozan, D.Rose, Randle,J.Lamb and Dennis schroder as potential targets.

What happens if Collison doesn't join the team, or if he joins and just isn't the panacea we all hope (including me) he is?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:23 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

1. Y'all keep ignoring the fact that AD has spent the last 6 years trying not to play Center.

2. The BEST way to keep from resigning him is to try and force him to play a position that he doesn't want to play.

3. One of the keys to our defense is having AD as the WEAKSIDE defender. Dropping LBJ to the 4 or putting Kuz there FT will change the way we have to play defense (unless we acquire another W/S defending PF like Ibaka to start).

He will re-sign.

I think this year, LBJ has set a tone for AD where he will play through more pain and grind it out for the team, notwithstanding actual injuries.

In the playoffs, AD will play a LOT of center IMO. I think that's our not-so-secret "secret weapon." But I see for the foreseeable future, the Lakers having a traditional center start with AD.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:27 am    Post subject:

Y'all really don't get the fact that there is noone on this team that can get their own shot off the dribble.

Lance Stephenson would help this team. Alec Burks too.

The need for a penetrator is real, and it seems many here will only realize it when they finally see it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:30 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Y'all really don't get the fact that there is noone on this team that can get their own shot off the dribble.

The need for a penetrator is real, and it seems many here will only realize it when they finally see it.

Absolutely. We need shot creators and we have so many one dimensional offensive players. Reminds me when LBJ wanted the Cavs to get him some help (once Kyrie left ).
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Absolutely. We need shot creators and we have so many one dimensional offensive players. Reminds me when LBJ wanted the Cavs to get him some help (once Kyrie left ).

I know it’s a small sample size, but one of our bench players actually leads the league in isolation play efficiency. Heh.

No peeking! Anyone want to guess who?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:50 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=189014
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:56 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Life is all about choices. Davis has a choice and so do the Lakers.

If we're staring at Iguodala, Collison, AND Rose but have to turn one away, even though we need all three, because there's no space in a rotation that sports three centers, it'd be a travesty.

If Davis won't start at center, fine, but don't expect the GM to sacrifice, take risks, and make win-now moves, putting his resume, reputation, and legacy on the line, when clearly Davis and James aren't making the same win-now sacrifices.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:58 am    Post subject:

Quote:
If Davis won't start at center, fine, but don't expect the GM to sacrifice, take risks, and make win-now moves, putting his resume, reputation, and legacy on the line, when clearly Davis and James aren't making the same win-now sacrifices.

No. Rob will do whatever it takes to keep LBJ/AD happy. He's not going to throw a temper tantrum if AD isn't willing to play center.

What I would like is for the Lakers to have a backup center who can stretch the floor. Obviously Boogie was supposed to be that and on paper, seemed like a great move.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:03 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

No. Rob will do whatever it takes to keep LBJ/AD happy. He's not going to throw a temper tantrum if AD isn't willing to play center.

What I would like is for the Lakers to have a backup center who can stretch the floor. Obviously Boogie was supposed to be that and on paper, seemed like a great move.

I see where you're coming from but I would argue the way Dwight is playing is better than anything Boogie would have brought....Absolutely no way Boogie would've played D, set picks, etc. the way Dwight is.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:08 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

I'd like a 3rd big body, period.

Davis Bertans?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4109, 4110, 4111 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4110 of 8560
Jump to: