OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 411, 412, 413 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^
You're probably right, especially given that it's not like the Pels can offer anything extra without Bird rights.

I don't think Jules wants to be stuck on an AD-less team and basically sign up to waste his prime years on a perennial lottery team.

Perhaps not, though if he's a fit for their offense and if he's playing 35 minutes a night and going bonkers statistically, maybe he'd want to stay. It can be tough playing for Rick Carlisle, and Doncic is their star. If Julius signed long-term with the Pelicans, I guess it would be Holiday and he leading the team (though Mirotic could stay and they have his Bird rights). Although if they trade AD, heck, they should then move Holiday too. Would Julius relish being the guy on a rebuilding team and getting his numbers, essentially turning into the Minnesota version of Kevin Love? I guess you never know.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^
You're probably right, especially given that it's not like the Pels can offer anything extra without Bird rights.

I don't think Jules wants to be stuck on an AD-less team and basically sign up to waste his prime years on a perennial lottery team.

Perhaps not, though if he's a fit for their offense and if he's playing 35 minutes a night and going bonkers statistically, maybe he'd want to stay. It can be tough playing for Rick Carlisle, and Doncic is their star. If Julius signed long-term with the Pelicans, I guess it would be Holiday and he leading the team (though Mirotic could stay and they have his Bird rights). Although if they trade AD, heck, they should then move Holiday too. Would Julius relish being the guy on a rebuilding team and getting his numbers, essentially turning into the Minnesota version of Kevin Love? I guess you never know.

Nope. 3 years of losing on the Lakers. Unlikely the Pels make the playoffs IMO either. So 4 years of non-playoffs, and if AD is traded next summer, I would avoid the Pels if I were Jules. That's how you waste the next 3-4 years of your prime.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

Nope. 3 years of losing on the Lakers. Unlikely the Pels make the playoffs IMO either. So 4 years of non-playoffs, and if AD is traded next summer, I would avoid the Pels if I were Jules. That's how you waste the next 3-4 years of your prime.

He may not view that as wasting his prime. Different players are motivated by different things. Not everyone has winning at the top of their priority list. I mean, if Love never has that stretch where he was a stat-stuffer, does he ever land two enormous contracts? And yeah, maybe the Pelicans wouldn't project to be a great team, but what if the competitor in him thinks that he can lead them to wins? Yes, the Lakers never won while he was here, but he also was never given the chance to really show what he could do; certainly, not in his mind.

You just never know what will motivate a player. Personally, if I were his age, I would not concern myself with going to a winning team. I would secure my own financial future first. Now, if you can do that AND win more, awesome.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

He may not view that as wasting his prime. Different players are motivated by different things. Not everyone has winning at the top of their priority list. I mean, if Love never has that stretch where he was a stat-stuffer, does he ever land two enormous contracts? And yeah, maybe the Pelicans wouldn't project to be a great team, but what if the competitor in him thinks that he can lead them to wins? Yes, the Lakers never won while he was here, but he also was never given the chance to really show what he could do; certainly, not in his mind.

You just never know what will motivate a player. Personally, if I were his age, I would not concern myself with going to a winning team. I would secure my own financial future first. Now, if you can do that AND win more, awesome.

I'm saying that's why I go to Dallas. Get my money. Join Doncic who is a young stud, and win.

He's already likely spent 3-4 years on non playoff teams. My read on Jules is he's an intense competitor and losing all these games eats him up.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject:

^
Yeah I think that would probably be a better situation, if he can get a big money deal there. While New Orleans is pretty close to home, Dallas basically IS home, and their team could develop quickly into a playoff contender. They'll have a boatload of cap space, too.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
Yeah I think that would probably be a better situation, if he can get a big money deal there. While New Orleans is pretty close to home, Dallas basically IS home, and their team could develop quickly into a playoff contender. They'll have a boatload of cap space, too.

And Dallas has struck out on more max FAs this past decade than the Lakers, yet hardly get any grief for it. So if they strike out again, and Jules continues his play, I can see them linking up.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

And Dallas has struck out on more max FAs this past decade than the Lakers, yet hardly get any grief for it. So if they strike out again, and Jules continues his play, I can see them linking up.

They could have enough cap space to sign a max free agent and still have more than enough to pay Randle. Looks like they will have well over $50MM in cap space, maybe more than $55MM.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

I'm saying that's why I go to Dallas. Get my money. Join Doncic who is a young stud, and win.

He's already likely spent 3-4 years on non playoff teams. My read on Jules is he's an intense competitor and losing all these games eats him up.

I troll Randle a lot, but serious question here....if he was so sick of losing, why was he unwilling to accept being a role player on our squad once we added Lebron?

Was it just that he was tired of us not committing to him? I wasn’t a fan of him starting for us, because his rim protection, shooting and just general decision making is sub par.....but he’d be a great backup PF/C playing 25 min a game for a contender.

It seems like he has a big decision to make this offseason....does he accept a smaller roll with smaller money somewhere where he can win or does he accept something closer to $20m a year on a team desperate for talent?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject:

^
He is really doing it wrong if he doesn't take the biggest contract he can get next summer. He still hasn't cashed in yet in a big way (relatively speaking for an NBA player with his talent). You can't take way less money to join a contender at his age. Make that money.
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject:

Nick Young just signed with the Denver Nuggets
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject:

cmonkee wrote:

Thank god the lakers never considered him. He sucks.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject:

cmonkee wrote:

Swaggy-P
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/12/nuggets-sign-nick-young.html
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject:

Swaggy High.
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
cmonkee wrote:

Thank god the lakers never considered him. He sucks.
He would be the best shooter on our team. not bad for someone who sucks
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

It's quite possible we could strike out on Ariza but still try to move KCP per his wishes if that's what he wants.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
It's quite possible we could strike out on Ariza but still try to move KCP per his wishes if that's what he wants.

Yeah that's a bit worrisome. If another team swoops in on Ariza, the KCP situation festers indefinitely. There's not a ton of places to send him, and the fact he's more concerned with his own numbers/minutes doesn't exactly broaden the interest.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
32 wrote:

Yeah that's a bit worrisome. If another team swoops in on Ariza, the KCP situation festers indefinitely. There's not a ton of places to send him, and the fact he's more concerned with his own numbers/minutes doesn't exactly broaden the interest.

i dont think its going to fester at all. KCP is 1 of the good locker room guys i have seen. As the nba season progress's and injuries start piling up, we will see teams get desperate.

I prefer Ariza after buyout if possible. not interested in sending in sending KCP + a pick (even if its 2nd rounder) to get Ariza
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
32 wrote:

i dont think its going to fester at all. KCP is 1 of the good locker room guys i have seen. As the nba season progress's and injuries start piling up, we will see teams get desperate.

I prefer Ariza after buyout if possible. not interested in sending in sending KCP + a pick (even if its 2nd rounder) to get Ariza

Yeah I'm with you there, but the report is 8 teams interested in Ariza. Who do you think leaked the trade talks to begin with? Def not the Lakers. Little chance Ariza reaches the buyout market and then you're competing with every playoff team at that point and Mintz's butthurtedness and other teams maybe offering more money or minutes. So Lakers likely looking at trade or bust.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
Ariza makes BI expendable. I can imagine a defensive lineup with Zo, Hart and Ariza hounding the perimeter.

Imagine being the operative term
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
how many here believe we let Randle walk for nothing as part of AD deal? George was already gone so no 2nd max was coming, meaning we didnt have no reason to let him walk for nothing. its a far fetched idea yes, but it could be true. time will tell i guess

Hopefully no one believes that
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject:

Suns acquiring Eric Moreland.

https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/1072192950703149056
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Objective speaking, is there any chance Orlando will resign Vucevic this summer?

Seems to me they’d be trying to cash him in.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Objective speaking, is there any chance Orlando will resign Vucevic this summer?

I think they need to keep him until that Bamba guy is ready.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

I think they need to keep him until that Bamba guy is ready.

Risky.

He’s a free agent this summer.

So you resign him after a career year (very costly) with an eye on his backup eventually taking over?

Risky indeed.

Smart money strike while the iron is hot — trade him now for value.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

KCP wanting to be traded changes everything.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 411, 412, 413 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 412 of 8560
Jump to: