OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 415, 416, 417 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
But what does AD plus 3 mid-tier FAs playing with Lebron James score?

What you'd need to do is take the average production of a minimum salary player... multiply by it by three and add it to ADs totals

We could win with AD/LBJ plus another elite player... but we'd have to rely on luck... someone like Bonga and Svi becoming starter or sixth man quality players... maybe an old vet blossoming like Derrick Rose.

I'm not saying it won't work... I'm saying we're better off signing a Tobias Harris or Middleton type and adding to the core... then putting all our eggs in one basket.

Superstars win, trading 3 of our young guys gives a chance to sign KD.

KD
LeBron
AD

Gets u multiple championships. Not 2nd tier guys earning near max

I wouldn't sign any of the core at max... all of them need significant improvement to get that much money. Even Kuzma who's come the closest the last five games. Kuz would have to continue this play the rest of the season to merit a max contract.

Middleton/Harris are definitely going to get near max. That's who I was talking about

Who wins in a four on four?

Middleton
Lonzo
Ingram
Kuzma

vs.

AD
Jamal Crawford
Nick Young
Alex Caruso

Meh sorry not interested in playing ur silly who vs who game.

Because you know the answer.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

What you'd need to do is take the average production of a minimum salary player... multiply by it by three and add it to ADs totals

We could win with AD/LBJ plus another elite player... but we'd have to rely on luck... someone like Bonga and Svi becoming starter or sixth man quality players... maybe an old vet blossoming like Derrick Rose.

I'm not saying it won't work... I'm saying we're better off signing a Tobias Harris or Middleton type and adding to the core... then putting all our eggs in one basket.

KD
LeBron
AD

I wouldn't sign any of the core at max... all of them need significant improvement to get that much money. Even Kuzma who's come the closest the last five games. Kuz would have to continue this play the rest of the season to merit a max contract.

Middleton/Harris are definitely going to get near max. That's who I was talking about

Middleton
Lonzo
Ingram
Kuzma

vs.

AD
Jamal Crawford
Nick Young
Alex Caruso

No cause it's literally silly and childish.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Trade wouldn't happen until next year anyway. So there's a chance you could keep one of Lonzo/Ingram/Kuz if two of them can flash enough.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Trade wouldn't happen until next year anyway. So there's a chance you could keep one of Lonzo/Ingram/Kuz if two of them can flash enough.

I think the fact that Kuz makes so much less than Zo and BI, they may be the ones that have to go if trade for AD does happen.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

I think the fact that Kuz makes so much less than Zo and BI, they may be the ones that have to go if trade for AD does happen.

Damn, i forgot about that. And I feel like there's no way they don't do the trade without Kuz involved. Do wish there was at least one homegrown Laker to root for, but you gotta give NO whatever it takes for AD.

Last edited by pjiddy on Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

KD
LeBron
AD

Middleton
Lonzo
Ingram
Kuzma

vs.

AD
Jamal Crawford
Nick Young
Alex Caruso

No cause it's literally silly and childish.

How is it childish to compare the assets we'd be giving to the assets we'd be getting or signing in return?

You use Rondo in your comparison... you added KD... but the second agent would be coming anyway... and Rondo won't sign for the minimum... so there's no point in comparing those players.

If we trade the core... we will have one excellent player but lose four or five assets.

I used the four on four comparison in the vain hope it might actually help you understand it more.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't be surprised if Kawhi gets cold feet towards the idea of staying in Toronto unless they at least win the Eastern Conference Finals this season:

- The only other all-star caliber player is an aging Lowry who is starting to play very streaky as of late (he put up another donut in their last game, which was a loss).

- The Raptors are well over the cap until 2020 (and then, only Norman Powell is fully signed to be with the team), so no free agency help is coming anytime soon.

- Even when they get cap room, what star players have ever chosen to go to Canada?

Maybe he won't come to the Lakers, but I find it highly unlikely that KL will put his next set of prime years in Toronto (should they not win the ECF) unless he is all about the maximum $$$ in the end.

Last edited by joeblow on Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

How is it childish to compare the assets we'd be giving to the assets we'd be getting or signing in return?

You use Rondo in your comparison... you added KD... but the second agent would be coming anyway... and Rondo won't sign for the minimum... so there's no point in comparing those players.

If we trade the core... we will have one excellent player but lose four or five assets.

I used the four on four comparison in the vain hope it might actually help you understand it more.

U used garbage players on purpose to make ur point that's invalid.

Why can't rondo sign for the exception? Why can't u have svi or bongo in ur silly 4 vs 4 assumption?

Why can't u have vet ring chasers like d west or zaza pachulia quality in ur scenario.

Why do u have garbage washed up players like Crawford or n young in your scenario?

If funny how u go from 2 to 3 to 4/5 core guys traded in ur scenario.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Why can't rondo sign for the exception? Why can't u have svi or bongo in ur silly 4 vs 4 assumption?

Why can't u have vet ring chasers like d west or zaza pachulia quality in ur scenario.

Why do u have garbage washed up players like Crawford or n young in your scenario?

I asked you to provide a depth chart to demonstrate what our team would look like a week ago and you declined to answer.

That tells me what I need to know.

Maybe I'll change my mind if you provide a realistic one.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I asked you to provide a depth chart to demonstrate what our team would look like a week ago and you declined to answer.

Haha it's funny how the post became about me once u had no answers to my questions.

Too many variables to tell u the depth chart but guess what it's nowhere going to be close to Jamal Crawford/swaggy and Alex curoso.

Maybe someone will fall for ur silly game of 4 vs 4, I gotta get up and go to work tomorrow.

GN
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Haha it's funny how the post became about me once u had no answers to my questions.

Too many variables to tell u the depth chart but guess what it's nowhere going to be close to Jamal Crawford/swaggy and Alex curoso.

Maybe someone will fall for ur silly game of 4 vs 4, I gotta get up and go to work tomorrow.

GN

Why would someone else fall for it? You're the only one having trouble understanding it.

I'm looking at both scenarios objectively... you only have tunnel vision for one. At least I can see the benefit to both sides.

If people don't agree with you, you start to call them things like childish.

I can provide a depth chart of what I would like to see

McGee/Chandler/Moe
KD/Kuzma
LBJ/Svi
Ingram/Hart
Lonzo/Rondo

Yours is

AD/Moe
KD/?
LBJ/Svi
?/? (Maybe Hart)
Caruso/Bonga

Let me know if you ever figure it out
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
To Jesus: It would DEFINITELY require all three of Kuzma, Ingram, and Ball.

To Meat: Durant would still be a possibility, even with Davis already traded for, so “window” could be open for a good long while.

If we had AD or Kawhi locked down... I could see it working... but the window would be short and very dependent on AD's health and LBJ's resistance to age.

I'd still be enthusiastic about our team... but I'd be very worried about the slightest thing going wrong.

Look how resilient this team is... we lose two starter quality players and don't miss a beat.

If any of those three were hurt or if LBJ got old... we'd be in Dwightmare land right quick.

I got Rondo, Ariza, Beasley, and Chandler signing back on for the minimum if the Lakers get Davis and Durant:

PG - James - Rondo
SG - ??? - Mykhailiuk
C - Davis - Chandler
PF - Durant - Beasley
SF - Ariza

Fill the vacated SG spot with the room exception: (someone who can shoot and guard PGs) ... Ellington, Hood, Lamb, Holiday, T. Evans, Beverley, T. Ross, Curry, Stauskus, or Rivers.

Any one of these guys would jump at the chance to become the starting SG on a team with James, Davis, and Durant. I’d lean towards Rivers, Ellington, Beverley, Curry, or Holiday. If he knows his role, Rivers is most qualified.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject:

It sounds like Wade might come next year to work with our players, that would be very cool as he can show BI and Kuz some elite ball handling skills and post moves.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

GN

Why would someone else fall for it? You're the only one having trouble understanding it.

I'm looking at both scenarios objectively... you only have tunnel vision for one. At least I can see the benefit to both sides.

McGee/Chandler/Moe
KD/Kuzma
LBJ/Svi
Ingram/Hart
Lonzo/Rondo

Yours is

AD/Moe
KD/?
LBJ/Svi
?/? (Maybe Hart)
Caruso/Bonga

Objectivity goes out of the window as soon as u put Jamal Crawford/swaggy p/curoso in the lineup.

U still haven't answer my question on why rondo won't sign for exception or why can't we have ring chasing vet minimums in Ray Allen or battier or malone/Payton from Shaq/Kobe era

Come back to me when u r actually posting with some Objectivity
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
To Jesus: It would DEFINITELY require all three of Kuzma, Ingram, and Ball.

To Meat: Durant would still be a possibility, even with Davis already traded for, so “window” could be open for a good long while.

If we had AD or Kawhi locked down... I could see it working... but the window would be short and very dependent on AD's health and LBJ's resistance to age.

I'd still be enthusiastic about our team... but I'd be very worried about the slightest thing going wrong.

Look how resilient this team is... we lose two starter quality players and don't miss a beat.

If any of those three were hurt or if LBJ got old... we'd be in Dwightmare land right quick.

I got Rondo, Ariza, Beasley, and Chandler signing back on for the minimum if the Lakers get Davis and Durant:

PG - James - Rondo
SG - ??? - Mykhailiuk
C - Davis - Chandler
PF - Durant - Beasley
SF - Ariza

Fill the vacated SG spot with the room exception: (someone who can shoot and guard PGs) ... Ellington, Hood, Lamb, Holiday, T. Evans, Beverley, T. Ross, Curry, Stauskus, or Rivers.

Any one of these guys would jump at the chance to become the starting SG on a team with James, Davis, and Durant. I’d lean towards Rivers, Ellington, Beverley, Curry, or Holiday. If he knows his role, Rivers is most qualified.

If KD is guaranteed... if you got Rondo and Ariza to sign for minimums... the 3 star plan looks much better.

But this is an awful lot of moving parts and a very optimistic scenario.

The AD plan would work if the second star is locked down... and two or three ring chasers are also in place.

Anything less than that... and I think we are entering Dwightmare land again.

Again... if they can pull it off... I'd enjoy like any fan would... but if they traded the core for Davis... and didn't get the other star... I think we'd be worse than New Orleans is now.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

GN

McGee/Chandler/Moe
KD/Kuzma
LBJ/Svi
Ingram/Hart
Lonzo/Rondo

Yours is

AD/Moe
KD/?
LBJ/Svi
?/? (Maybe Hart)
Caruso/Bonga

Objectivity goes out of the window as soon as u put Jamal Crawford/swaggy p/curoso in the lineup.

U still haven't answer my question on why rondo won't sign for exception or why can't we have ring chasing vet minimums in Ray Allen or battier or malone/Payton from Shaq/Kobe era

You are the only poster on this forum where I feel absolutely no gain from the interaction. Best we go our separate ways here.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

GN

McGee/Chandler/Moe
KD/Kuzma
LBJ/Svi
Ingram/Hart
Lonzo/Rondo

Yours is

AD/Moe
KD/?
LBJ/Svi
?/? (Maybe Hart)
Caruso/Bonga

You are the only poster on this forum where I feel absolutely no gain from the interaction. Best we go our separate ways here.

It's not about me but the fact that u can't answer my questions?
Big Shot Bob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:41 pm    Post subject:

This team just has to keep playing like this. If we can keep this up and have LeBron, Kuz, BI, Lonzo and Hart all locked in for next year with all of our draft picks and $38m (+the cap exception) to spend, man... we’re going to have a lot of good options.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject:

AD is not coming this offseason, not until he turns down the super max offer from the Pelicans, until that happens, he is off the radar.

KD would be great, but those last comments make it sound like he is not that enamored with playing with Lebron. Now if we can get him in a meeting with magic, I think our odds improve.

My best guess is we set our sites on a good scoring guard, either PG or SG. Ball and Hart become the backup guards, BI probably starts at SG, if the free agent is a PG. Otherwise Ball starts if its a SG we pick up.

If McGee and Chandler come back, we will be very happy with that. I can see Ariza coming back to play backup SF, and guys like Lance and Beasley gone.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

It's not about me but the fact that u can't answer my questions?

No seriously, I've had enough... you're the one who plays games with your answers. At least some others I argue with make some good points, but I don't think I've ever gotten anything from you other than rude, incoherent responses.

Either answer the questions directly or move on please.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:02 am    Post subject:

I'm on record as saying I'd trade virtually everyone for AD, but I'm not sure that the Lakers are going to trade Kuzma. He's been a part of LeBron's posse this offseason, if I'm not mistaken, hanging out with him, and our owner, Jeanie Buss, loves him. He simply may be one of LeBron's guys and given the chemistry that the two are showing, given Kuzma's newfound defensive commitment, and given that he's easily our second-best natural scorer, I'm just not sure that we will trade him. I think the Lakers would give up Ball, Ingram, Hart, Wagner, the necessary salary filler, and multiple 1st's.

Now, if they say we have to have Kuzma (plus Lonzo and BI), but you can keep Hart, take it or leave it? Would be an interesting call.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:15 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
AD is not coming this offseason, not until he turns down the super max offer from the Pelicans, until that happens, he is off the radar.

KD would be great, but those last comments make it sound like he is not that enamored with playing with Lebron. Now if we can get him in a meeting with magic, I think our odds improve.

My best guess is we set our sites on a good scoring guard, either PG or SG. Ball and Hart become the backup guards, BI probably starts at SG, if the free agent is a PG. Otherwise Ball starts if its a SG we pick up.

If McGee and Chandler come back, we will be very happy with that. I can see Ariza coming back to play backup SF, and guys like Lance and Beasley gone.

All Davis has to do is tell NO that he will not sign the super max for them to begin fielding offers. I agree; the chances are slim, but it could happen, and if it does, Kuzma, Ingram, and Ball (or Vucevic if they prefer) should get the deal done.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:20 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I'm on record as saying I'd trade virtually everyone for AD, but I'm not sure that the Lakers are going to trade Kuzma. He's been a part of LeBron's posse this offseason, if I'm not mistaken, hanging out with him, and our owner, Jeanie Buss, loves him. He simply may be one of LeBron's guys and given the chemistry that the two are showing, given Kuzma's newfound defensive commitment, and given that he's easily our second-best natural scorer, I'm just not sure that we will trade him. I think the Lakers would give up Ball, Ingram, Hart, Wagner, the necessary salary filler, and multiple 1st's.

Now, if they say we have to have Kuzma (plus Lonzo and BI), but you can keep Hart, take it or leave it? Would be an interesting call.

You take it.

Quite frankly, there’s no way the Pelicans don’t ask for all of Kuzma, Ingram, and Ball.

As soon as Davis is on the market, Boston promises a deal with Brown, Tatum, Rozier, Smart, and picks. The only way to beat that offer is with the inclusion of Kuzma.

Absolutely no way around it ... if you want Davis, that is.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:40 am    Post subject:

I'm curious if there has been an example of a superstar on a bad team
who played with them for seven years without winning anything, and joined a team and helped them win.

Maybe Garnett... but he had like four 50 game seasons winning with Sprewell and Szcerbiak...

Pau won 50 games in Memphis with James Posey and Jason Williams

But AD can't win 50 games with players like Jrue Holiday, Boogie, Rondo, Mirotic, Julius?

I don't get why his great play doesn't translate into wins.

It did in college... but why not the pros?

This is why I say he reminds me of Chris Bosh not Wade or LBJ

Wade won a title with an old Shaq and Jason Williams

He was 24 years old in only his third year.

LBJ could also win 50 game with garbage players.

But AD can't win with fairly good players.

And Garnett and Pau were traded for trash

Bosh was traded for picks (one who became Valanciunas btw)

So why are we giving up half our team... if AD's effect on his team is only like Bosh?

We should wait until he's a free agent... I don't see how he changes us

Boston and our team are winning.

AD has a losing record.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:03 am    Post subject:

That team has ALWAYS been poorly constructed.

This year, Randle isn’t a good fit next Davis, especially with Randle trying to get his next contract and doing his alpha-thing.

The Cousins pairing was sheer desperation, ever a good fit for winning, and even Holiday is really nothing more than a third, maybe fourth, best offensive option on a championship team.

Davis has never had a competent GM construct a team around him that optimally fits. The closest they came wasn’t last year after Cousins went down and they signed Miritic to go along with Rondo and Holiday ...

... then the dumb-ass Pels let Rondo go. Losing Rondo may have appeared to be an indiscriminate move, but Davis needs a true, unselfish PG to do his thing. Holiday ain’t that.

Sometimes a great player simply plays for an organization that is incapable of surrounding him with the proper pieces to win consistently. New Orleans with Davis is exhibit A.

To answer your question though: Kevin Love, Kevin Garnett, and Tracey McGrady in Orlando are examples of great players consistently playing on bad teams.

What’s the common denominator? Really bad front offices.

Don’t overthink this dude. Davis is a great, great player. Dare I say, dominant. He gets injured far too much and needs to take better care of his body I presume, but he is a great player nonetheless.

Hard for big men who aren’t “point forward” types to dominate this new NBA, but he manages to do it anyway. He needs a GM who knows what he’s doing.

Unfortunately for the Pels, they don’t have one, and fortunately for the Lakers they do.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 415, 416, 417 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 416 of 8560
Jump to: