OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4151, 4152, 4153 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:36 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
We wait for PG13 and he doesn’t even take a meeting with us. “We shoulda traded for him”.

We trade for Davis and people are mad we gave up too much. “He was coming anyway”.

Crazy. That single imaginary poster you have boiled all of LG down to just can't make up his mind!

Weird comment.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:39 pm    Post subject:

"It's kind of hard because in the NBA, the way it's built, they want you to flop," Antetokounmpo said of playing physically. "It wants you to be weak, kind of, because sometimes I think when you're strong and you're going through contact, they don't call the foul. But when you're flopping and kind of going into the contact and throwing the ball out, they're just going to call foul, but that's not who I am, that's not what I'm gonna do.

"I'm just gonna try to power through contact. It's going to be ... where if a guy grabs me or pushes me, I've got to show it more, but I think I've done a better job of showing it more so the refs can see that the guys are holding me, pushing me and just being physical."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28500740/giannis-antetokounmpo-says-flop-vows-maintain-physical-approach
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:42 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
"It's kind of hard because in the NBA, the way it's built, they want you to flop," Antetokounmpo said of playing physically. "It wants you to be weak, kind of, because sometimes I think when you're strong and you're going through contact, they don't call the foul. But when you're flopping and kind of going into the contact and throwing the ball out, they're just going to call foul, but that's not who I am, that's not what I'm gonna do.

"I'm just gonna try to power through contact. It's going to be ... where if a guy grabs me or pushes me, I've got to show it more, but I think I've done a better job of showing it more so the refs can see that the guys are holding me, pushing me and just being physical."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28500740/giannis-antetokounmpo-says-flop-vows-maintain-physical-approach

"The Nigerian Experian"
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
epak wrote:
I really wish I knew you guys when we traded away Eddie Jones and Nick.

To separate trades. Van Exel to Denver for Tony Battle and Ty Lue and Eddie Jones with Elder Campbell to Charlotte for The Palin Boner (aka Glen Rice).

These were both chemistry trades to clear the path for Kobe's ascension. Van Exel and Jones were both still young, so they were never going to willingly move out of the way so Kobe could take off. Jerry West understood that, so he gave up too much as investment in Kobe's nurturing.

I thought it had a little bit to do with the $ as well.
Either way, I wish I knew you guys during that time.
Cuz people loved Eddie and Nick.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers two most pressing needs are PG's who can create their own and also be good shooters to wing players who can play defense and be reliable from three. There are a couple players out there that I think elevate this team to that next level. One of which that I like very much is:

Lakers trade Kyle Kuzma, Quinn Cook, and future 2nd round pick to the Hornets for Devontae Graham and Miles Bridges

Why Lakers do this? Obvious, it makes them better. Graham is a dynamic play making point guard who has displayed an ability to hit the 3-ball from Curry range throughout the season. Miles Bridges is that athletic wing we would need to put on PG13/Kawhi

Why Hornets do this? Well, a little more difficult to convince them but they get a player in Kuzma that has the potential to really be a key offensive cog in their system. 2nd round pick would be thrown in to sweeten the pot to get them to pull the trigger.

Lakers lineup to close games:

Devontae Graham
Danny Green
Miles Bridges
LeBron James
Anthony Davis

I think that team gets us over the top against any team in the league

***I also realize that Charlotte probably never does this trade in a million years it just sucks to me that 2 players the Lakers can really use are rotting on a team stuck in mediocrity

Last edited by Inverse on Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
The Lakers two most pressing needs are PG's who can create their own and also be good shooters to wing players who can play defense and be reliable from three. There are a couple players out there that I think elevate this team to that next level. One of which that I like very much is:

Lakers trade Kyle Kuzma, Quinn Cook, and future 2nd round pick to the Hornets for Devontae Graham and Miles Bridges

Why Lakers do this? Obvious, it makes them better. Graham is a dynamic play making point guard who has displayed an ability to hit the 3-ball from Curry range throughout the season. Miles Bridges is that athletic wing we would need to put on PG13/Kawhi

Why Hornets do this? Well, a little more difficult to convince them but they get a player in Kuzma that has the potential to really be a key offensive cog in their system. 2nd round pick would be thrown in to sweeten the pot to get them to pull the trigger.

Devontae Graham
Danny Green
Miles Bridges
LeBron James
Anthony Davis

Hornets have never been more praised in recent years than from uncovering and developing Graham....and he's probably their best player, right? city probably likes him too, exciting young underdog guard.
And Bridges is their lotto pick from 18' ; Jordan has a bad rep with picks, giving up on another one is a bad look for him.
I don't think CHA would do Kuz for Graham even straight up. Graham is better, he plays a more important role in todays NBA
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:54 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
epak wrote:
I really wish I knew you guys when we traded away Eddie Jones and Nick.

To separate trades. Van Exel to Denver for Tony Battle and Ty Lue and Eddie Jones with Elder Campbell to Charlotte for The Palin Boner (aka Glen Rice).

These were both chemistry trades to clear the path for Kobe's ascension. Van Exel and Jones were both still young, so they were never going to willingly move out of the way so Kobe could take off. Jerry West understood that, so he gave up too much as investment in Kobe's nurturing.

I thought it had a little bit to do with the $ as well.
Either way, I wish I knew you guys during that time.
Cuz people loved Eddie and Nick.

Feel the same way now as I did then.

I get the Van Exel trade. He was never going to become a role-player to a young punk.

The Jones/Campbell trade I would not have done. Eddie Jones was much more passive than Van Exel. He could've and I believe would've accepted a more supplementary role.

I though West was a little desperate when making the Jones trade ... and it showed because they were awful with Rice until Phil Jackson took over.

Jones wouldve been the perfect Phil Jackson/Triangle guard/SF.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:54 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Devontae Graham
Danny Green
Miles Bridges
LeBron James
Anthony Davis

Hornets have never been more praised in recent years than from uncovering and developing Graham....and he's probably their best player, right? city probably likes him too, exciting young underdog guard.
And Bridges is their lotto pick from 18' ; Jordan has a bad rep with picks, giving up on another one is a bad look for him.
I don't think CHA would do Kuz for Graham even straight up. Graham is better, he plays a more important role in todays NBA

Yeah I know you are probably right, but I don't think it hurts to call MJ and pique his interests on Kuzma. Kuzma for Miles Bridges straight up would be a deal that I love for the Lakers and probably works for the Hornets too. They can use an offensive weapon like Kuz
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Devontae Graham
Danny Green
Miles Bridges
LeBron James
Anthony Davis

Yeah I know you are probably right, but I don't think it hurts to call MJ and pique his interests on Kuzma. Kuzma for Miles Bridges straight up would be a deal that I love for the Lakers and probably works for the Hornets too. They can use an offensive weapon like Kuz

bridges / kuzma they would prolly do. zero chance on earth they take kuzma and a 2nd for graham. also just wanna say i do like these young talents ur mentioning, but its worth considering that they are probably not ready for a big role on a contending team
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject:

PJ Washington is having a good year in Charlotte at PF. Kuzma ain't exactly a need there.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
Inverse wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Devontae Graham
Danny Green
Miles Bridges
LeBron James
Anthony Davis

bridges / kuzma they would prolly do. zero chance on earth they take kuzma and a 2nd for graham. also just wanna say i do like these young talents ur mentioning, but its worth considering that they are probably not ready for a big role on a contending team

Bridges played some of the best defense i could imagine on Kawhi, in their early season meeting. he was changing Kawhi's shots... other reports of his defense aren't so good, probably his team defense, as he's young... but he's got value for us, decent 3pt shooter too, his offensive skill package is similar to Kuz. But i agree with you that the Lakers would trade for him cuz they wouldn't trust him, too young
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
We wait for PG13 and he doesn’t even take a meeting with us. “We shoulda traded for him”.

We trade for Davis and people are mad we gave up too much. “He was coming anyway”.

Crazy. That single imaginary poster you have boiled all of LG down to just can't make up his mind!

Weird comment.

Weird stance.

Let’s wait on PG...he/she ghosts us.
Let’s roll it over to 2019 where there are a ton of max types...we whiff and did we even target anyone other than Kawhi and DLo? Did we even offer DLo the max?
Let’s do it all over again 2021...and the only way to is if Bron opts out and outright leaves or takes re-ups to take half.

Our FO is weird. Seems like you need to add a few more to your avatar.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
Inverse wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Devontae Graham
Danny Green
Miles Bridges
LeBron James
Anthony Davis

Kuzma for Miles Bridges straight up is very possible. Even folks over on Hornets forums like this trade
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

Joe Pesci wrote:
PJ Washington is having a good year in Charlotte at PF. Kuzma ain't exactly a need there.

I know a lot of draft experts on LG were high on PJ Washington.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Joe Pesci wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/bansky/status/1218242979699347457?s=21

You owe us wizards!

lol wouldnt that be nice

I dont think the Wiz trade their big 2.
I would think they're waiting for Wall to come back and hope the younger players will be ready to ride with Wall and Beal.

If the bigs can play like they are now, that team might be a 5/6 seed next year?

Yeah that was more tongue in cheek. However, it never hurts to ask with these sketchy decision maker teams. Sometimes they just want to get out of the contract.

@pesci, this is the idea about just touching base. It’s not like Sekou is likely to get moved but if the pistons were dumb enough to take on Blake, you never know...they are starving for marketability which imo is what got them in trouble in the first place.

There is a reason these teams are perpetual loser or treadmill teams.

Suggest Laker trades based on whether you would sign off on them as the other team, not based on a hope that they are dumb as rocks.

Then do the same for your proposals. The Memphis Josh Jackson proposal would be dumb as rocks from the Lakers perspective tbh.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
Inverse wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Devontae Graham
Danny Green
Miles Bridges
LeBron James
Anthony Davis

Kuzma for Miles Bridges straight up is very possible. Even folks over on Hornets forums like this trade

Someone mentioned he did a good job on Kawhi this season.. anyone know how he does against Harden?
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
Inverse wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Devontae Graham
Danny Green
Miles Bridges
LeBron James
Anthony Davis

i like him as a player but i dont like his youth and inexperience. hes younger than kuzma. we'd be bringing in a 2nd year 21 yr old to an entire new team midway thru the season. coming from irrelevant hornets to the biggest team in the nba in the best city(personal bias) that'll be competing for a championship. its a lot to ask for a young cat and could be a disappointment waiting to happen. if bridges was a 6 year vet id like it.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
i like him as a player but i dont like his youth and inexperience. hes younger than kuzma. we'd be bringing in a 2nd year 21 yr old to an entire new team midway thru the season. coming from irrelevant hornets to the biggest team in the nba in the best city(personal bias) that'll be competing for a championship. its a lot to ask for a young cat and could be a disappointment waiting to happen. if bridges was a 6 year vet id like it.

I get your point and it's a good point, the problem is there are few options out there that make sense that allow us to trade Kuzma for another contract straight up, and Bridges is one of those rare exceptions. You'd be hard pressed to find a vet wing-man that brings to the table what Bridges does and swap him for Kuzma straight up. Actually, it's probably impossible. There are wings out there that have experience like Covington and Crowder, but acquiring them requires a lot of gymnastics to take place by not only our front office, but possibly 3 or 4
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/bansky/status/1218242979699347457?s=21

You owe us wizards!

lol wouldnt that be nice

I dont think the Wiz trade their big 2.
I would think they're waiting for Wall to come back and hope the younger players will be ready to ride with Wall and Beal.

If the bigs can play like they are now, that team might be a 5/6 seed next year?

Yeah that was more tongue in cheek. However, it never hurts to ask with these sketchy decision maker teams. Sometimes they just want to get out of the contract.

@pesci, this is the idea about just touching base. It’s not like Sekou is likely to get moved but if the pistons were dumb enough to take on Blake, you never know...they are starving for marketability which imo is what got them in trouble in the first place.

There is a reason these teams are perpetual loser or treadmill teams.

Suggest Laker trades based on whether you would sign off on them as the other team, not based on a hope that they are dumb as rocks.

Then do the same for your proposals. The Memphis Josh Jackson proposal would be dumb as rocks from the Lakers perspective tbh.

I most surely do, sir. Looking at trades equally from both sides is exactly what I do.

How is sending Horton-Tucker, 4 mill cash, Cook, and Daniels for Jackson and a pronise to buyout Iguodala dumb as rocks?

Tell me it's illegal. Tell me the Lakers would lose 5 draft picks as punishment, but don't tell me it's dumb because it's quite the opposite.

I'm more than open to discuss the matter.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject:

One question we should be asking is does AD have the drive to be great?

His decision to go to the Packers game gives me some doubts.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject:

I disagree with most of what's being said in here..

Call me crazy but I believe that this team can compete with the Bucks, and the Clips in a 7 game series if we get through the playoffs with a healthy roster.

Think of the record we currently have.. with all the supposed deficiencies in our roster. If we did nothing but add Collison we're good, I like our chances.

I like our chances even more if Bron doesn't act like he's scared of Kawhi.

So yea, I don't think we need to trade Kuz, I'd be fine with just marginal improvement from the guard position in regards to playmaking, that happens.. I view us as favorites..
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Is Kuzma discernible better than PJ Washington?

What would Charlotte's rotation look like with Kuzma minus Bridges?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

I find it highly unlikely Kuzma would fetch a younger player with more cost control, and that the Lakers would even do it. "Hey LeBron! Ever heard of Devonte Graham? No?" (And I make that joke knowing Charlotte doesn't do it anyway).

If a player is showing out at 22 or younger and has more years of cost control AND I'm a rebuilding team... Why am I so eager to rush to paying Kuzma with his lower ceiling?

The only trades that make sense for both teams is if it's an older player coming back that LeBron would sign off on.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

Right now we are one of the best teams in the league.. You guys are acting like we are in dire need of improvement lol..
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:53 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Right now we are one of the best teams in the league.. You guys are acting like we are in dire need of improvement lol..

Yeah the team with the 2nd best record always wins the Finals. Let's just sit back content with our success and not try to improve the team. Surely nothing will go wrong with exactly one playmaker.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4151, 4152, 4153 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4152 of 8560
Jump to: