OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4168, 4169, 4170 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
logical24 wrote:
Just saw a post from Vincent ellis on Instagram
The #Lakers are seeking a potential deal to acquire #Wizards G Bradley Beal before the trade deadline. The "ideal thought' is to package F Kyle Kuzma and future first round pick in offer, Per Vincent Ellis.

The Instagram page is @Lakersonline

21k followers

Lakers don't have the salary to trade for Beal.

Actually, we do. HOWEVER...

Beal cannot be traded until April, due to the extension he signed in October. In other words, he can't be traded until the offseason.

Pretty interesting that the IG guy didn’t know that before he decided to make something up.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:32 pm    Post subject:

It's interesting that Rob has Kobe's 08-10' seasons to reference in the building of this team... 08' the Lakers were great but it was their first year w/Pau and they couldn't get over the hump. In 09' Ariza was critical as a defender and energy infuser.....
Just from my perspective, I would think Rob has to be leery of only having the roster as currently constructed, go for a Championship run.. I'd be surprised if he's satisfied with the roster..... We aren't some happy go-lucky franchise that's just happy to have a great team; when we see weaknesses, I'd think we know we have to address them.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:32 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
logical24 wrote:
The #Lakers are seeking a potential deal to acquire #Wizards G Bradley Beal before the trade deadline. The "ideal thought' is to package F Kyle Kuzma and future first round pick in offer, Per Vincent Ellis.

21k followers

Beal cannot be traded until April, due to the extension he signed in October. In other words, he can't be traded until the offseason.

We do if we wanted to gut the team. Even if he could be traded before April, it would take 4 or 5 players to trade for him.

No it wouldn't, as Green, Bradley, and Cousins works. That's a trade the Lakers would make all day. Of course, the Wizards could get way more for Beal, either in the form of better players or picks, so it's a moot point anyway.

Actually, it was already moot since they can't trade Beal until the offseason! LOL.

Last edited by ChickenStu on Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
logical24 wrote:

21k followers

We do if we wanted to gut the team. Even if he could be traded before April, it would take 4 or 5 players to trade for him.

No it wouldn't, as Green, Bradley, and Cousins works. That's a trade the Lakers would make all day. Of course, the Wizards could get way more for Beal, either in the form of better players or picks, so it's a moot point anyway.

But I am assuming Kuzma is in the trade.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
It's interesting that Rob has Kobe's 08-10' seasons to reference in the building of this team... 08' the Lakers were great but it was their first year w/Pau and they couldn't get over the hump. In 09' Ariza was critical as a defender and energy infuser.....
Just from my perspective, I would think Rob has to be leery of only having the roster as currently constructed, go for a Championship run.. I'd be surprised if he's satisfied with the roster..... We aren't some happy go-lucky franchise that's just happy to have a great team; when we see weaknesses, I'd think we know we have to address them.

This is why I still think Rose/Morris for Kuz/Cook/Daniels is a big possibility. The kind of trade that puts us over the hump. Morris could easily give us the game that Kuz gave last night (not a slight on Kuz btw, Morris has been really solid in his role this year) and Rose is a huge addition no two ways about it

I think it’ll either be that and then signing a shooter (maybe someone like Crabbe gets bought out?), or we’ll sign Collison, waive Daniels and more or less call it a day with maybe a trade for another small piece (Cook for Valentine, for instance)
#18 next...
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
logical24 wrote:

21k followers

Sounds bogus

Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

This is why I still think Rose/Morris for Kuz/Cook/Daniels is a big possibility. The kind of trade that puts us over the hump. Morris could easily give us the game that Kuz gave last night (not a slight on Kuz btw, Morris has been really solid in his role this year) and Rose is a huge addition no two ways about it

I think it’ll either be that and then signing a shooter (maybe someone like Crabbe gets bought out?), or we’ll sign Collison, waive Daniels and more or less call it a day with maybe a trade for another small piece (Cook for Valentine, for instance)

People really overrate Morris. He’s not good.

He could also never guard Westbrook.

Last edited by Doc JC on Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:

21k followers

Someone should tell Vincent Ellis that we don’t have first round picks to trade.
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Also if Rose is traded, a team could easily get a first rounder for him. We can’t even offer that.
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:06 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

While I don’t disagree, trading Kuz would be creating a hole in this roster. He’s the only guy that can actually sub in for Lebron or AD. What happens if we get another injury? I get that Kuz is really the only asset the team has, but he’s indispensable in his role right now and is not even close to a finished product. Then you add in his minuscule salary for this and next year and it doesn’t make sense to trade him. He’s worth so much more to this team.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:06 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
logical24 wrote:

21k followers

Actually, it was already moot since they can't trade Beal until the offseason! LOL.

If and when Beal is traded to another team, the masterminds of LG will conclude it's because the Lakers REFUSED to move Kuzma. "You see, there was this article I read...".

Yeah, that sound you hear? It's the sound of the little hamster running around a hamster wheel inside their heads. Gotta start that grey matter going some how!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Doc JC wrote:
Also if Rose is traded, a team could easily get a first rounder for him. We can’t even offer that.

Someone posted a quote from the Piston GM that basically said Rose stays unless he wants out. I doubt he wants a second tour with Lebron.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Doc JC wrote:

The team that gives up a 1st round pick will likely be those that are fighting for the lower playoff seed.
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:11 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Doc JC wrote:

Someone posted a quote from the Piston GM that basically said Rose stays unless he wants out. I doubt he wants a second tour with Lebron.

At this stage in his career, I would assume he would want a chance at a playoff run. I’m not implying it should be the lakers, but I would guess he would want to keep playing if he’s healthy.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Doc JC wrote:

He is a mental midget anyways. Went missing when he couldn't take pressure
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Doc JC wrote:

I have no interest in trading for him. I would rather go with what we have, another Zubac for Muscala trade might put us out of the running.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Doc JC wrote:

I have no interest in trading for him. I would rather go with what we have, another Zubac for Muscala trade might put us out of the running.

Are you comparing Muscala to Rose? Lol
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject:

that trade alone should have precluded us from extending pelinka
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

Detroit one was worse then this
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

Wasn't his call.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

The person who was responsible for that trade stepped down as VP operations in April, if Pelinka really was the reason for that trade we would have already witnessed a similar trade by now.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Doc JC wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

While I don’t disagree, trading Kuz would be creating a hole in this roster. He’s the only guy that can actually sub in for Lebron or AD. What happens if we get another injury? I get that Kuz is really the only asset the team has, but he’s indispensable in his role right now and is not even close to a finished product. Then you add in his minuscule salary for this and next year and it doesn’t make sense to trade him. He’s worth so much more to this team.

Yea I wasn’t alluding to a Kuz trade.. idk how we’ll get a deal done but we have to
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Doc JC wrote:

No, just referencing how unsuccessful we were at deadline trades.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

Detroit one was worse then this

Magic did the Bullock and Muscala trades because he thought we needed vets to help us make a playoff push... no one of those moves are connected with Pelinka.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:30 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Doc JC wrote:

No, just referencing how unsuccessful we were at deadline trades.

Oh ok
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4168, 4169, 4170 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4169 of 8560
Jump to: