OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 434, 435, 436 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Here’s that Rachel Nichols video talking about Anthony Davis and Lakers.

https://twitter.com/imsupercap/status/1073323520250109952?s=21

Re-Tweet this to @MagicJohnson and @JeanieBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
We need more Pelinka’s Mana, more Magic’s winks, more Jeanie in ugly sweaters with “loving” eyes. Whatever it takes to get AD here. If we can keep Kuzma and Hart as well, then that’s theft to the highest degree.

Sorry, but they are the first 2 the Pels would want.

Based on?

Not wanting to be too much of a victim of a theft.

Davis asks out before the trade deadline

1. New Orleans waits until summer and have multiple teams such as Boston bidding for Davis. He might pout and sit games with an injury, so New Orleans tanks and their own draft pick improves.

2. New Orleans thinks about trading him trades ASAP. The Lakers will have less competition, so they lowball the Pelicans and do the theft that you described.

If the Lakers will only do a lowball offer, then choosing path #1 makes more sense for New Orleans.

So u think Lonzo + bi + Wagner + 2019 1st is a low ball offer?

Yes.

I would expect Demps to shop around and talk to other teams even if they can't do a deal now such as Boston.

If New Orleans wanted to trade Ball and Ingram for 2019 draft picks, what would the Pelicans be getting for them?

All Dynamics changes as soon as Davis asks for a trade and specially to lakers. So I am not worried about what pelicans would be getting in the draft
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:
Rachel Nichols - How Anthony Davis can land with the Lakers:

Quote:
ESPN The Jump:

“If Anthony Davis goes into the market this summer it would be a bidding war between the Lakers and the Celtics, a bidding war which the Celtics would be handicapped to win because they’ve got the most to offer. If Davis is comfortable maybe going to Boston then he should just wait it out and see if indeed that happens. However, if Davis really does, as has been widely and often speculated, prefer to go play with LeBron and the Lakers, he should at least consider pushing for a trade now. Why? The Celtics can’t trade for him now. There’s a weird rule in the CBA that concerns the designated rookie exception, and because of Kyrie Irving’s contract, Boston wouldn’t be able to trade for Davis until Kuroe’s current contract expires. So while Danny Ainge could outbid Magic Johnson this summer, he can’t do it right now. Which means Lakers would have a much more clear path to Davis.”

Nichols also said that she’s talked to Davis a lot and he’s told her over and over again that “I need to be on a team where I feel like I can win”.

Nichols continued by saying “You can’t say that about the Pelicans. You cannot say they have a chance to win the title.”

Totally agree now is the time to strike.

BI+KCP+Kuz+Mo+3st rounders. Do it Mitch

Maybe now for the Lakers but definitely not now for the Pelicans. They will have more potential trade partners after the season which should get them better offers.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:

Quote:
ESPN The Jump:

“If Anthony Davis goes into the market this summer it would be a bidding war between the Lakers and the Celtics, a bidding war which the Celtics would be handicapped to win because they’ve got the most to offer. If Davis is comfortable maybe going to Boston then he should just wait it out and see if indeed that happens. However, if Davis really does, as has been widely and often speculated, prefer to go play with LeBron and the Lakers, he should at least consider pushing for a trade now. Why? The Celtics can’t trade for him now. There’s a weird rule in the CBA that concerns the designated rookie exception, and because of Kyrie Irving’s contract, Boston wouldn’t be able to trade for Davis until Kuroe’s current contract expires. So while Danny Ainge could outbid Magic Johnson this summer, he can’t do it right now. Which means Lakers would have a much more clear path to Davis.”

Nichols also said that she’s talked to Davis a lot and he’s told her over and over again that “I need to be on a team where I feel like I can win”.

Nichols continued by saying “You can’t say that about the Pelicans. You cannot say they have a chance to win the title.”

Maybe now for the Lakers but definitely not now for the Pelicans. They will have more potential trade partners after the season which should get them better offers.

It's not about the pelicans but about ad
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
We need more Pelinka’s Mana, more Magic’s winks, more Jeanie in ugly sweaters with “loving” eyes. Whatever it takes to get AD here. If we can keep Kuzma and Hart as well, then that’s theft to the highest degree.

They will be with those contracts. Especially if Gayle Benson intends to put the team up for sale.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:

Quote:
ESPN The Jump:

If the Pelicans don’t want to trade him now he doesn’t get traded.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:

Quote:
ESPN The Jump:

Once he definitely tells them he wants out, getting the best return on a trade is more important to the Pelicans than making him happy.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject:

People still trying to balance talent between two teams when it almost never happens with franchise players?

Ok.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Unless AD is pressuring the team to move him, there's no incentive for Pels to make a trade unless the Lakers offer everything they have now. If they're gonna hold assets back, you can wait for Boston to enter the mix.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Based on?

Just what you are saying. A theft to the highest degree is not getting it done. The reasons why you want to keep Kuz and Josh is the reason why NO wants them. Who would you ask if you were running NO? I would immediately START with Wagner, Kuz, and Josh based on all of them being under control on rookie deals for the next few years plus. We would obviously have to give MORE than that, but that is a starting point.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Unless AD is pressuring the team to move him, there's no incentive for Pels to make a trade unless the Lakers offer everything they have now. If they're gonna hold assets back, you can wait for Boston to enter the mix.

If I'm AD, I'm tired having to play 35+ minutes when 70% healthy.

And people wonder why he keeps going to that damn locker room randomly...

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Based on?

Just what you are saying. A theft to the highest degree is not getting it done. The reasons why you want to keep Kuz and Josh is the reason why NO wants them. Who would you ask if you were running NO? I would immediately START with Wagner, Kuz, and Josh based on all of them being under control on rookie deals for the next few years plus. We would obviously have to give MORE than that, but that is a starting point.

Ya I always find it funny when fans say. X player on my team NEEDS TO GO! Lets trade him for Y superstar.
If you have a low opinion of X player, why would another team trade their best player for them?
You don't trade for a superstar without losing players you wish you could keep.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

NO is trying to make the team more attractive for AD and it appears like he is willing to give them this year to try. They can be down to 4 players on the roster making around $70 mil next offseason (including Davis). That would seem like the time they would look to trade him and rebuild. That is why it would make sense for them to ask for picks, cost controlled young players and cap space.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Based on?

Maginka
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Boston's draft assets are good but slightly overstated.....but hypothetical picks 14,19, 24, and 27 are nice but once they are used are worth less in value, I feel like they lose Rozier this year, Suns or a similar team come with $20 M+/yr offer and you refuse to trade Tatum then Jaylen Brown and 3-4 late first rounders or BI/Zo/Kuz or Hart/Mo/and 2 1sts....hell you might be able to even keep both Kuz and Hart if your slick
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Maginka wrote:
Boston's draft assets are good but slightly overstated.....but hypothetical picks 14,19, 24, and 27 are nice but once they are used are worth less in value, I feel like they lose Rozier this year, Suns or a similar team come with $20 M+/yr offer and you refuse to trade Tatum then Jaylen Brown and 3-4 late first rounders or BI/Zo/Kuz or Hart/Mo/and 2 1sts....hell you might be able to even keep both Kuz and Hart if your slick

NO could tell them who they want. Boston has also been pretty good with their picks. Who has NO drafted? I'd rather have Ainge making my picks anyway.

Another asset to keep an eye on is Robert Williams aka Time Lord (what a nickname), who blocked AD twice when they played each other.

Conversely, I don't know how much value Mo will ever hold. Can he ever get something other than garbage minutes here? Seems like we drafted him to be a 10th or 11th man. I don't see starter possibilty at all. Kinda makes you wish Lakers had used that pick on a project with more value to inhere in his potential, like Williams or Mitchell Robinson or Okobo.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject:

AD time to request a trade bro
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject:

I'm counting down the days t'ill the 15th....

I can't stand watching KCP's garbage ass play.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Jabari Parker on his way out, will no longer see minutes. Love to take a flyer on him.

https://es.pn/2ryXWmX
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Jabari Parker on his way out, will no longer see minutes. Love to take a flyer on him.

Does a KCP for Parker swap work?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Parker makes $20M for 2 years so no we’d have to add fillers tho I dont think Parker is the defensive wing we’d be looking for. But hes still young, could be a reclamation project if he gets bought out which could happen
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

His contract next year is a TO.

KCP/Beasley for him works.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Parker makes $20M for 2 years so no we’d have to add fillers tho I dont think Parker is the defensive wing we’d be looking for. But hes still young, could be a reclamation project if he gets bought out which could happen

Thanks, yeah I don’t think we get Parker unless it’s on a buyout.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

His contract next year is a TO.

KCP/Beasley for him works.

Good point but we would never take the option so doubt we would trade for him.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
I'm counting down the days t'ill the 15th....

dude, it is barely a day
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 434, 435, 436 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 435 of 8560
Jump to: