OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4457, 4458, 4459 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject:

I wonder if Tatum/BI/LBJ would have just resulted in a deflation of the value of the kids. On paper, Lonzo made sense as a distributor. If he wasn't from LA, probably doesn't get drafted #2, no?
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
Right now, AD is an arguably top 5 player in the league, definitely top 10. I'm not sure you can say the same for Tatum but he is rising fast and on a low contract.

Tatum has an effective eFG % at 51.5% and AD is at 54.8%.

AD is better defender across the board, rebounds, blocks, and get more steals. He's in entirely different league defensively. While Tatum is a good perimeter defender, he is not in the running for Defensive Player of the Year.

1 is a SF/SG the other a PF/C
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:00 am    Post subject:

Tatum has really played well. So has BI. So has AD.

I just can't devote the mental energy to worrying about what could have been. Trying to enjoy this great team right now.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Honestly, it's long overdue. But I still think we need to do this:

1. formalize Caruso taking most of Rondo's minutes/duties. Rondo becomes the Jared Dudley of the point guard rotation. Break in case of emergency.

2. still would look for a shot creator from the wing position. Best options likely Waiters (Pelinka and Klutch connection) or JR Smith (we've reached that point. Yikes).

3. Still need a big wing defender. Of course Mo Harkless is the #1 choice. But if he's not available, still need to address this. At this juncture we aren't going to find any really good players, but we still do need a big wing defender. (we've been saying this since...well, July 2019 ).

4. Work with the team to incorporate some set plays and also some off ball actions.

If you do those, I think we can get away with Rondo who we should only play when Lebron sits.

Many times i have seen kuzma leak out and in transition but the old turd rondo instead of passing him pulls the ball back and dribbles aimlessly

Then dumbs the ball in the post to his buddy AD

Yeah because Rondo likes to create the assist, if that makes sense.

But we do that in part because we run nothing.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
Right now, AD is an arguably top 5 player in the league, definitely top 10. I'm not sure you can say the same for Tatum but he is rising fast and on a low contract.

AD is better defender across the board, rebounds, blocks, and get more steals. He's in entirely different league defensively. While Tatum is a good perimeter defender, he is not in the running for Defensive Player of the Year.

Incorrect. He's a PF/SF and his minutes played by position back that up.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/t/tatumja01.html
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:21 am    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:

if you ask 100 people who watches NBA, and ask them to pick between AD and Tatum
99 would pick AD, and VLF picks Tatum, even the Celtic fans would take AD
that's just how annoying and clueless this guy is.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
scout0_0 wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:

Oh Okay my bad! Tatum is a Power Forward. The (bleep) you hear in LG

Of course you pick AD, my point is you are comparing the wrong players. One is a big one is a wing player.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
I won't debate whether one trades Tatum for AD or not.
But your analysis of AD completely ignores his prodigy-level defensive impact in *todays* game.

venturalakersfan wrote:
Good wing defender that can take over a game offensively and rebound. He can create for himself and others. AD needs someone to feed him and plays soft. Today’s game is all about wing play and the 3 point game, center play was last decade. Tatum has grown his game since he came into the league, AD still has the same strengths and weaknesses.

His defensive impact is why he is a top 10 player in the league today. Easily top 3 defensive player.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I wonder if Tatum/BI/LBJ would have just resulted in a deflation of the value of the kids. On paper, Lonzo made sense as a distributor. If he wasn't from LA, probably doesn't get drafted #2, no?

I remember how defensive a lot in LG was that Lonzo was the best pick for LA, but you could tell from his college play, Lonzo had too many concerns. Still fans here were defending him like crazy that somehow those concerns were no big deal because he's already a future All-Star.

- Lonzo's shooting form looks bad.
- LG: So was Reggie Miller's form, Lonzo's shooting will be fine.

- Lonzo's poor free throw shooting is a real indication of him as a shooter.
- LG: It's not a good sample size, Lonzo's free throws will be fine.

- Lonzo doesn't have good handles.
- LG: Lakers will be Showtime with him as Magic running fast breaks, Lonzo doesn't need good handles.

- Lonzo can't create his own shot in the half court.
- LG: Lonzo's a passer dummy! See above response.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=7334782&highlight=#7334782
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:41 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:

if you ask 100 people who watches NBA, and ask them to pick between AD and Tatum

Interesting that what actually happened was that the Celtics wouldn’t give up Tatum for AD. Yeah, that really happened. I guess you must have missed that.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:46 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I remember how defensive a lot in LG was that Lonzo was the best pick for LA, but you could tell from his college play, Lonzo had too many concerns. Still fans here were defending him like crazy that somehow those concerns were no big deal because he's already a future All-Star.

- Lonzo's shooting form looks bad.
- LG: So was Reggie Miller's form, Lonzo's shooting will be fine.

- Lonzo's poor free throw shooting is a real indication of him as a shooter.
- LG: It's not a good sample size, Lonzo's free throws will be fine.

- Lonzo doesn't have good handles.
- LG: Lakers will be Showtime with him as Magic running fast breaks, Lonzo doesn't need good handles.

- Lonzo can't create his own shot in the half court.
- LG: Lonzo's a passer dummy! See above response.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=7334782&highlight=#7334782

I think he'll be a really nice player still. But yeah, there were some concerns though he's fixed it. I'm still high on Zo, but if he wasn't from LA and UCLA, doubt he gets picked at #2. Apparently Jeanie wanted him, right?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:48 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:

Interesting that what actually happened was that the Celtics wouldn’t give up Tatum for AD. Yeah, that really happened. I guess you must have missed that.

they wanted more than Tatum, and AD's Dad and RP didn't make it easy for Angie to pull the trigger
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:

But bro, you don’t think that was lip service from Danny once he knew he wasn’t able to realistically bid on AD? There’s no way AD was going to re-up in Boston, so it made it easy for Danny to say Tatum was never part of the offer.

It’s the same thing Rob did in bigging up Kuz and “sparing” him from the AD purge. That had to be lip service, cause if it wasn’t, then holy (bleep) are they ridiculously overvaluing Kuz over BI (and even Zo). If we had a choice to spare any of the kids and chose Kuz, then...man I can’t. I refuse to believe that was a possibility.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2857580-lakers-news-rob-pelinka-discusses-keeping-kyle-kuzma-in-anthony-davis-trade.amp.html
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:52 am    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
scout0_0 wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:

Oh Okay my bad! Tatum is a Power Forward. The (bleep) you hear in LG

Of course you pick AD, my point is you are comparing the wrong players. One is a big one is a wing player.

I didn't start the comparison.

Anyways, who are our MLE, Bi-annual exception targets next year?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject:

Since the FO was determined to have an almost max slot, Ingram and Ball were required in the trade. And yes, the FO badly overrated Kuzma. As did many here, there was still all star talk early in the season.

And I never believed for one minute that AD wouldn’t re-sign in Boston.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:

I don’t think Tatum > AD, but I don’t think AD is top 5 anymore.

Any #1 option of the league’s worst offense automatically disqualifies you from top 5 status IMO.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject:

No one said that Tatum > AD. Tatum, Ingram, Hart and 5 years of draft picks > AD.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:06 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
No one said that Tatum > AD. Tatum, Ingram, Hart and 5 years of draft picks > AD.

venturalakersfan wrote:

No, there is no way that you trade Tatum for AD. Especially with today’s NBA game.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Why do we do this to ourselves.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject:

We don't and never had Tatum, WTF is the point of this discussion
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:12 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Since the FO was determined to have an almost max slot, Ingram and Ball were required in the trade. And yes, the FO badly overrated Kuzma. As did many here, there was still all star talk early in the season.

And I never believed for one minute that AD wouldn’t re-sign in Boston.

If Rob was a better negotiator, #4 signed & delivered would work in salary aggregation. It was valued at 7.1m and would have spared BI and even Zo from the trade package. All we had to do was wait 30 days...no different than the Wiggins for Love trade that brought Bron back to Cleveland.

Quote:
CLEVELAND -- Kevin Love is finally teaming up with LeBron James.

The Minnesota Timberwolves, Cleveland Cavaliers and Philadelphia 76ers completed a delayed blockbuster trade Saturday that's been talked about for months and on hold for 30 days.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/11397368/kevin-love-traded-minnesota-timberwolves-cleveland-cavaliers

As for AD re-upping in Boston, I just don’t see it. And neither did AD’s old man.

Quote:
"I would never want my son to play for Boston after what they done to Isaiah Thomas," Anthony Davis Sr. told ESPN on Friday, referencing the former Celtics star point guard who was traded for Kyrie Irving amid his recovery from a hip injury. "No loyalty. Guy gives his heart and soul and they traded him."

Davis Sr. clarified that this is solely his opinion, and he can't speak for his son.

"This is just my opinion, not Anthony's," he said. "I've just seen things over the years with Boston, and there's no loyalty."

Anthony Davis Sr. ain’t Lavar Ball forcing his boy to do anything against his will, but AD holds his pop’s opinion in high regard.

Quote:
When the topic of pleasing families came up, Davis chimed in, “My biggest thing with my parents, always feel like I always owe my parents everything. And they say, you don’t owe us nothing. We don’t want nothing.”

LeBron James: “One thing I love about his mom and dad...his mom and dad are so gangsta though. They don’t want no limelight. They don’t want to be in the limelight. They literally go to the game and be sitting at the concession stand watching the game.”

-when AD was on HBO’s “The Shop” with Bron
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:13 pm    Post subject:

As a side note, everyone gasses up Tatum's value because of the aesthetics of his offensive game (which is fine) and he IS super skilled for his age, but I'm not so sure I see the efficiency and playmaking of an elite perimeter option...yet.

Having said that, it's his defense that's really surprised me. That's what makes him a stud, the strong two-way play. IMO that's what narrowly puts him over BI as of today.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Why is this even a discussion? We never had Tatum. Never even looked at him. Might as well talk about Zion because we were only 3 spots away.

But what's real is we have AD, LeBron, the power of Klutch and the best record in the West.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

venturalakersfan wrote:

No, there is no way that you trade Tatum for AD. Especially with today’s NBA game.

maybe there are two VLFs, one is a Celtics fan, and one is a laker hater
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Why is this even a discussion? We never had Tatum. Never even looked at him. Might as well talk about Zion because we were only 3 spots away.

But what's real is we have AD, LeBron, the power of Klutch and the best record in the West.

Guys. If only we had FULTZ.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4457, 4458, 4459 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4458 of 8560
Jump to: