OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4479, 4480, 4481 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
^
if the Clippers getting Reggie Jackson causes a fan to throw in the towel, that fan would have inevitably thrown in the towel for some other reason during the season

💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Return2greatness
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Return2greatness wrote:
You all need to quit crying. Crying and whining about trades and roster pickups. We have the best record in the west and favored by Vegas to win it. Let the clips bring in rjax, they are already having chemistry issues. Patience. The more minutes our guys have together the better. I still believe in playoff rondo to be heard.

What's our record against Clippers? Bucks? Celtics? Sixers? Raptors? Rockets?

Some of ya'll need drop the homer glasses are realize we haven't beat the team(s) that matter: Bucks and Clippers. Both those teams improved. Reggie Jackson isn't a game changer but for us he would have been. Marcus Morris isn't some savior that we missed but he is marked improvement from Harkless who we are praying gets bought out.

It's okay to doubt how we good are given our record agains the better teams and the fact that they're all improving while we bank on chemistry.

Favored by Vegas son. Chill. No need for desperate moves. If it doesn’t make sense don’t do it. Sometimes the best deals are the ones not done. Rjax wasn’t coming he is a mintz guy. Wasn’t going to happen.
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Return2greatness wrote:
You all need to quit crying. Crying and whining about trades and roster pickups. We have the best record in the west and favored by Vegas to win it. Let the clips bring in rjax, they are already having chemistry issues. Patience. The more minutes our guys have together the better. I still believe in playoff rondo to be heard.

Some of ya'll need drop the homer glasses are realize we haven't beat the team(s) that matter: Bucks and Clippers. Both those teams improved. Reggie Jackson isn't a game changer but for us he would have been. Marcus Morris isn't some savior that we missed but he is marked improvement from Harkless who we are praying gets bought out.

It's okay to doubt how we good are given our record agains the better teams and the fact that they're all improving while we bank on chemistry.

Good points, 2019!
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject:

So...Woj deleted the tweet about the Lakers being interested in Jackson and mentions of Laker interest have been scrubbed from his article.
poppajons
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:37 pm    Post subject:

lol @ people going crazy over Reggie Jackson. I don't understand why people are so willing to throw in a new body just to mess with chemistry. And not just a new body, an average player in Reggie Jackson.

So many people enamored with a shiny new toy. The grass is always greener and we're 1st in the west.

Do the Lakers have weaknesses? Sure they do. But let's not act like every other team doesn't have weaknesses. The Clippers should be more concerned about their injuries and lack of playing time together. Adding new players doesn't help that cause and will just complicate things.

The overreactions on here are funny but also a bit alarming. Chill.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:38 pm    Post subject:

All you people saying the Clippers didn't do anything by adding Reggie Jackson... weren't some of ya'll hoping with all your might that retired Darren Collison would come back and join us cause he was 'what we needed'?

Reggie Jackson is putting up similar stats as an active NBA player and hasn't been retired for a year and is 29 and not 32, but cause the Clippers did it "it means nothing" ...

yeah okay.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:38 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
So...Woj deleted the tweet about the Lakers being interested in Jackson and mentions of Laker interest have been scrubbed from his article.

He's such a scrub. He probably used the wrong pre-written tweet/article draft. Plus...

Quote:
Eric Pincus
@EricPincus

He's a Mintz client who is close to PG - don't believe the Lakers pursued

💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!

Last edited by epic_ on Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
we are keeping a eye on Harkless

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheLakersReview/status/1229915506217381888

meh, lets see if it really happens. i doubt it

The good thing about getting Moe is that the Clippers can’t interfere and get him because they can’t sign him as a FA since they traded him. if he gets bought out their is a good chance we get him.

(bleep)!!!!!!!!

There!!!!

Come on IG! You (bleep) with me?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

Return2greatness wrote:
2019 wrote:
Return2greatness wrote:

Favored by Vegas son. Chill. No need for desperate moves. If it doesn’t make sense don’t do it. Sometimes the best deals are the ones not done. Rjax wasn’t coming he is a mintz guy. Wasn’t going to happen.

You do know how Vegas works? They aren’t into predicting winners, they are into taking people’s money. It isn’t that they think that the Lakers will win, it is that they know people will throw down their money on them. They have to adjust the odds to keep the money somewhat balanced for and against the Lakers.

Definitely agree that it is better not to make panic moves like we did last season.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MJST wrote:
All you people saying the Clippers didn't do anything by adding Reggie Jackson... weren't some of ya'll hoping with all your might that retired Darren Collison would come back and join us cause he was 'what we needed'?

Reggie Jackson is putting up similar stats as an active NBA player and hasn't been retired for a year and is 29 and not 32, but cause the Clippers did it "it means nothing" ...

yeah okay.

Good point. There's gotta be a difference between the 2...
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Oh no, we're doomed!
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Reggie can play but it’s Hillarious that Pastor Riley and Co. are acting like he’s Kyle Lowry or Lou Williams
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:53 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
2019 wrote:
Return2greatness wrote:

Oh, so basically we’re the Raptors last season.

What'd the Raptors do at that deadline again?

Last edited by 2019 on Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
^
if the Clippers getting Reggie Jackson causes a fan to throw in the towel, that fan would have inevitably thrown in the towel for some other reason during the season

No cap.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:57 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

yeah okay.

I see what you're saying with some people contradicting themselves. I think some people gotta say whatever to make themselves feel better. I wasn't necessarily on the DC wagon, though I didn't mind if we got him. I just didn't understand why people felt like he was gonna sit Rondo down, when getting DC would only mean it takes away minutes from Caruso. I digress, I don't think Reggie Jackson is gonna help the clippers. He may not hurt them, but he's not gonna be as effective as he could be because he is gonna be in the 2nd unit with Lou Williams and Lou is gonna have the ball mostly. That takes away from Reggie's ability. I suppose they could sit Beverly for Reggie, but that is gonna disrupt the defense and I don't see that sitting well with Beverly, so it may affect the team if you go that route. It feels like the clippers are just getting players and not focused on fit.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Haha... so now we chicken little cLipper fans for stating the obvious. Their FO is better than ours.

They traded the farm for Pauline while we did the same for AD, yet which FO still had a 1st to trade at this year’s deadline to address a win-now roster?

Lou has a massive workload, Bev is hurt, Pauline is hurt, Kawhi needs load management and they still make moves to address their weaknesses to win it all this year. Meanwhile we trot our 35y/o 17 seasons in Bron to carry our offense as the only dependable perimeter playmaker on the roster. Are we angling to win later with Giannis (with these 2 year deals we signed this past summer) or are we angling to win now with Bron still in his prime?

You know why we was thirsty for Collison and some of us are besides ourselves for RJax? It’s cause it protects our title hopes in Bron. The additional playmaking is what we desperately need in attempting to protect Bron’s health for the title run.

Harkless was lost for Mook, but dude was playing 23mpg. Even if there’s a drop off in wing defense, Mook still helps vs opposing frontlines (ie us). They still got one more roster spot to fill too. They can only get deeper for the rest of the season and their playoff roster.

Meanwhile we’ll just keep running Bron into the ground as the only guy that can run our O and the only athletic big wing that can cover our perimeter D. Why does our FO hate you so much Bron? Oh btw, you’ll have to take less in 2021 so we can max out Giannis also. Now go out there and run run run. Thx for AD btw.

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

He learned from Chad Ford .
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:01 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

He is living off of balmers shaft for an year or more now.

The more he slurps the more he gets
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:05 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

yeah okay.

Jackson and Collison really aren't similar.

Collison is more of a pass-first point guard, while Jackson is more of a shoot-first combo guard.

Collison is a better shooter, but Jackson is more of a scorer.

Collison is more steady; he doesn't impress with flash but he doesn't make a lot of mistakes. Jackson is kind of the opposite. Jackson is a guy who will go 1 for 16 one night, and then score 25 points the next.

Collison is a below-average average defender now, while Jackson is a terrible defender.

Collison brings concerns because he hasn't played; Jackson brings concerns because he's a gunner who might not accept a smaller role.

Collison seems like the steady veteran presence that could help any team; Jackson is a wild card.

Last edited by activeverb on Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Look, in isolation, I’m not mad about the Clippers getting RJax. I still don’t see the minute fit when they’re at full strength

All I hope is that we strive to make SOME sort of improvement to the roster, I’ll say it again, standing pat is pure arrogance
#18 next...
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:22 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

yeah okay.

I agree up to a point. I'm just not sure how Jackson fits with the Clippers. I guess he gives them some cover for Beverley, but Jackson was out for most of the season with a back injury. And then there is the matter of Jackson's defense. But that's the Clippers' problem, not ours.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

alleyoop wrote:
Look, in isolation, I’m not mad about the Clippers getting RJax. I still don’t see the minute fit when they’re at full strength

All I hope is that we strive to make SOME sort of improvement to the roster, I’ll say it again, standing pat is pure arrogance

It could be arrogance but it could also be a lack of interest from players worth pursuing.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

alleyoop wrote:

Same. It’s not about the clippers getting Jackson. It’s more our own FO and struggle to improve in glaring areas.

Misreading on Kawhi, Collison and Iguodala is the bigger issue. Call it arrogance or Laker exceptionalism but it’s a real problem. We basically go into the playoffs at a disadvantage because of fixation on certain players rather than having multiple plans to fix glaring holes.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
MJST wrote:

yeah okay.

I agree up to a point. I'm just not sure how Jackson fits with the Clippers. I guess he gives them some cover for Beverley, but Jackson was out for most of the season with a back injury. And then there is the matter of Jackson's defense. But that's the Clippers' problem, not ours.

He'll probably be coming off the bench for Lou and their best case scenario is that he removes some of the workload that Lou's had to carry and offers a potential second scoring option for their bench.

That's what I think they're hoping for anyway.

LakerSD wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

Same. It’s not about the clippers getting Jackson. It’s more our own FO and struggle to improve in glaring areas.

Misreading on Kawhi, Collison and Iguodala is the bigger issue. Call it arrogance or Laker exceptionalism but it’s a real problem. We basically go into the playoffs at a disadvantage because of fixation on certain players rather than having multiple plans to fix glaring holes.

And we should be going all in on fixing holes cause we only have AD guaranteed for this season.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:31 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Haha... so now we chicken little cLipper fans for stating the obvious. Their FO is better than ours.

They traded the farm for Pauline while we did the same for AD, yet which FO still had a 1st to trade at this year’s deadline to address a win-now roster?

Lou has a massive workload, Bev is hurt, Pauline is hurt, Kawhi needs load management and they still make moves to address their weaknesses to win it all this year. Meanwhile we trot our 35y/o 17 seasons in Bron to carry our offense as the only dependable perimeter playmaker on the roster. Are we angling to win later with Giannis (with these 2 year deals we signed this past summer) or are we angling to win now with Bron still in his prime?

You know why we was thirsty for Collison and some of us are besides ourselves for RJax? It’s cause it protects our title hopes in Bron. The additional playmaking is what we desperately need in attempting to protect Bron’s health for the title run.

Harkless was lost for Mook, but dude was playing 23mpg. Even if there’s a drop off in wing defense, Mook still helps vs opposing frontlines (ie us). They still got one more roster spot to fill too. They can only get deeper for the rest of the season and their playoff roster.

Meanwhile we’ll just keep running Bron into the ground as the only guy that can run our O and the only athletic big wing that can cover our perimeter D. Why does our FO hate you so much Bron? Oh btw, you’ll have to take less in 2021 so we can max out Giannis also. Now go out there and run run run. Thx for AD btw.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4479, 4480, 4481 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4480 of 8560
Jump to: