OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4480, 4481, 4482 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:34 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Haha... so now we chicken little cLipper fans for stating the obvious. Their FO is better than ours.

They traded the farm for Pauline while we did the same for AD, yet which FO still had a 1st to trade at this year’s deadline to address a win-now roster?

Lou has a massive workload, Bev is hurt, Pauline is hurt, Kawhi needs load management and they still make moves to address their weaknesses to win it all this year. Meanwhile we trot our 35y/o 17 seasons in Bron to carry our offense as the only dependable perimeter playmaker on the roster. Are we angling to win later with Giannis (with these 2 year deals we signed this past summer) or are we angling to win now with Bron still in his prime?

You know why we was thirsty for Collison and some of us are besides ourselves for RJax? It’s cause it protects our title hopes in Bron. The additional playmaking is what we desperately need in attempting to protect Bron’s health for the title run.

Harkless was lost for Mook, but dude was playing 23mpg. Even if there’s a drop off in wing defense, Mook still helps vs opposing frontlines (ie us). They still got one more roster spot to fill too. They can only get deeper for the rest of the season and their playoff roster.

Meanwhile we’ll just keep running Bron into the ground as the only guy that can run our O and the only athletic big wing that can cover our perimeter D. Why does our FO hate you so much Bron? Oh btw, you’ll have to take less in 2021 so we can max out Giannis also. Now go out there and run run run. Thx for AD btw.

Chemistry will guard best wing and be an awesome backup pg
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:43 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
And we should be going all in on fixing holes cause we only have AD guaranteed for this season.

Not only AD, but also pissing away a year of still top 5 Lebron. It’s asking a lot and ambitious imo to think a 36+ year old Lebron can be the #1 or 2 option on a championship team.

Wasting 2 years and hoping he can maintain what he has left at his age is asking a lot.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Chemisty .
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait till March 1.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject:

So, who of you all bandwagoners is starting the Go Fund Me account to buy the Snakes trophy?
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject:

This front office has been piss-poor overall. Nothing has changed.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:02 pm    Post subject:

I’m not telling any other fan how to support the team, but I hate the insinuations that’s we aren’t Laker fans cause of the obvious critiques we have towards how the team is run. Don’t get me wrong, you need chemistry and a great regular season is still something to applaud, but Dr. Jerry Buss and this dude right here has warped at least my mentality on what to expect if you in title contention.

https://www.tiktok.com/@barstoolsports/video/6786363912301399302
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:04 pm    Post subject:

I. Thomas is better than him
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:06 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
I’m not telling any other fan how to support the team, but I hate the insinuations that’s we aren’t Laker fans cause of the obvious critiques we have towards how the team is run. Don’t get me wrong, you need chemistry and a great regular season is still something to applaud, but Dr. Jerry Buss and this dude right here has warped at least my mentality on what to expect if you in title contention.

https://www.tiktok.com/@barstoolsports/video/6786363912301399302

LeBron and AD are more worry about having every clutch member on this team than winning: chemistry
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Did Lebron tell Pelinka don't make any changes unless it's a dramatic upgrade? It doesn't make sense that they would pass on all of these buyouts.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Did Lebron tell Pelinka don't make any changes unless it's a dramatic upgrade? It doesn't make sense that they would pass on all of these buyouts.

We are waiting on Collison to come back!
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject:

We should be going all in this year after already wasting a season of Lebron's career, instead the idiots in the front office are just sitting there twiddling their thumbs while the team across the hall continues to improve.

If the reports about Rob being afraid to make a move to disrupt "team chemistry" are true, the front office continues to show what a bunch of amateurs they are. Yeah, let's hang on to Troy Daniels, Boogie Cousins (who won't contribute anything this year), and continue to rely on Rajon Rondo because we don't want to disrupt team chemistry. I've literally never heard this logic used before in the NBA. Imagine if we had the opportunity to sign somebody to improve our team and address a weakness in 2009 but refused to do so because we didn't want to waive Sun Yue to disrupt team chemistry.

I understand if we held off on trading starters or major contributors on the team, but you're literally talking about swapping a 14th or 15th man for somebody who can contribute and address a weakness. The weaknesses of this team are obvious for everyone to see. We desperately need another point guard, another wing defender, I understand if a trade could not be made because it takes two to tango. Yet we had guys like MKG, Marvin Williams, and even Damarre Carroll out in the market and it doesn't seem like we even reached out.

And now I'm hearing about this Giannis pipe dream? So are we really going to bypass on improving the roster again this offseason, by only being interested in guys who want 1 year deals, to chase Giannis? How many times does this front office need to get burned before they learn their lesson? From PG, to Kawhi, and even Darren Collison.. Are we really going to waste ANOTHER year of Lebron just for the opportunity to chase after another player?

Sorry for this rant, but it's just frustrating to see how the Clippers front office are just leagues ahead of us. And how our front office continues to come across like amateurs, time and time again.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Jackson sucks. Clippers can have him. Thats like upgrading from a pinto to a yugo.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
We should be going all in this year after already wasting a season of Lebron's career, instead the idiots in the front office are just sitting there twiddling their thumbs while the team across the hall continues to improve.

If the reports about Rob being afraid to make a move to disrupt "team chemistry" are true, the front office continues to show what a bunch of amateurs they are.....

If Lebron asks you not to disrupt the chemistry unless you are getting a big time player, that he thinks he can win with what he has, would you do it anyway if you are a rookie GM like Pelinka is?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:27 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Jackson sucks. Clippers can have him. Thats like upgrading from a pinto to a yugo.

Use some modern cars for the kids out there

I still think we're talking to Duff Beer about Moe. The way we took care of Rondo and AB will finally come back to reap its reward
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Return2greatness wrote:
You all need to quit crying. Crying and whining about trades and roster pickups. We have the best record in the west and favored by Vegas to win it. Let the clips bring in rjax, they are already having chemistry issues. Patience. The more minutes our guys have together the better. I still believe in playoff rondo to be heard.

What's our record against Clippers? Bucks? Celtics? Sixers? Raptors? Rockets?

Some of ya'll need drop the homer glasses are realize we haven't beat the team(s) that matter: Bucks and Clippers. Both those teams improved. Reggie Jackson isn't a game changer but for us he would have been. Marcus Morris isn't some savior that we missed but he is marked improvement from Harkless who we are praying gets bought out.

It's okay to doubt how we good are given our record agains the better teams and the fact that they're all improving while we bank on chemistry.

Scared? Get a dog
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:30 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShowtimeForum/status/1229573936674770944

J.R. Smith looking good
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

J.R. Smith looking good

Why is his shirt on?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Anyone recall if this how it was like when the 2010 Lakers didnt do anything at the trade deadline nor with buyouts, while the Celtics got Michael Finley and the Cavs got Antawn Walker?

I know not apples to oranges, but just wondering about our history of standing pat.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:

If the reports about Rob being afraid to make a move to disrupt "team chemistry" are true, the front office continues to show what a bunch of amateurs they are.....

If Lebron asks you not to disrupt the chemistry unless you are getting a big time player, that he thinks he can win with what he has, would you do it anyway if you are a rookie GM like Pelinka is?

Pelinka's job as a GM is to improve the team. As I said, I understand not making major moves like trading away key players like Danny Green and KCP. But we're talking about the 14th, 15th man on the roster. If you can upgrade our weakness by swapping out the last guys on the roster, you do it. And I'm sure Lebron, who lost to the Warriors in 5 the last time he made the Finals, due to an imbalance in talent, will understand that.

Furthermore, I've seen no evidence that Lebron told the front office he would decline an opportunity to improve the roster, to help increase his chance of winning another championship. They were just talking and trying to convince Darren Collison to come out of retirement a couple of days ago, so I don't know where you got that information from. Obviously Lebron didn't have any qualms with that. Chemistry is important, but if Kobe and Shaq taught us anything, it's that you can still win championships if you aren't best friends with everyone on the team. I'm sure the team won't go on mutiny if Troy Daniels is waived for somebody who can help defend Kawhi/PG in the playoffs.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:44 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Anyone recall if this how it was like when the 2010 Lakers didnt do anything at the trade deadline nor with buyouts, while the Celtics got Michael Finley and the Cavs got Antawn Walker?

No because the 2010 team just came off a championship season. The 2010 roster also didn't have glaring weaknesses like this roster does.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:45 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
DrDent wrote:

Use some modern cars for the kids out there

I still think we're talking to Duff Beer about Moe. The way we took care of Rondo and AB will finally come back to reap its reward

I would actually be good with that. Would enjoy watching him seek retribution versus his former team. Also solves the riddle of if clips decided to run morris, kl, and pg simultaneously vs us (i dont really trust kuz right now).
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

J.R. Smith looking good

Unfortunately I think JR is better than Danny Green at this point. All biases aside I think he’d be a really good signing. At least he can semi create on the perimeter. I also feel like the clippers will use their final roster spot for him :p
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
epic_ wrote:

I know not apples to oranges, but just wondering about our history of standing pat.

No because the 2010 team just came off a championship season. The 2010 roster also didn't have glaring weaknesses like this roster does.

Good point. Had that continuity going from the previous year minus Ariza/Artest. And thanks for explaining the apples to oranges part.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

J.R. Smith looking good

Why is his shirt on?

Optics. Prove to teams that he is serious.

Just like Dwight...when the game is taken away from you
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4480, 4481, 4482 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4481 of 8560
Jump to: