OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4502, 4503, 4504 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:03 am    Post subject:

Victor O? LaVine?A.Gordon? Myles Turner
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:06 am    Post subject:

Good discussion on JaVale. I agree that JaVale is valuable (regardless of whether or not you feel he or Dwight are more valuable), but also agree that I would at least consider trading him this summer if he opts in, but only if aggregating him in a deal gets us back something nice. I would absolutely not just move him for the sake of moving him, even if Dwight and Cousins are both brought back. JaVale is not perfect, but his minutes have been largely effective for the past two seasons.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:18 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Good discussion on JaVale. I agree that JaVale is valuable (regardless of whether or not you feel he or Dwight are more valuable), but also agree that I would at least consider trading him this summer if he opts in, but only if aggregating him in a deal gets us back something nice. I would absolutely not just move him for the sake of moving him, even if Dwight and Cousins are both brought back. JaVale is not perfect, but his minutes have been largely effective for the past two seasons.

Thing is, if bring both Boogie and Dwight back, where would McGee get PT? McGee has admitted starting/Getting PT means a lot to him.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:30 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Thing is, if bring both Boogie and Dwight back, where would McGee get PT? McGee has admitted starting/Getting PT means a lot to him.

Yes, that's fair. But you don't trade a legitimate player for nothing. If nothing else, he's valuable insurance. There's absolutely logic for moving him, but, again, we have to get back a legitimate piece if we do. A role-playing 3&D, a backup point guard, something.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:46 am    Post subject:

My sense and this is without looking at advanced stats is that McGee does some good stat padding against bad teams in junk time.

His 5 best games this year:

26 point win against GSW
22 point win against Wizards
23 point win against Blazers
32 point loss against Celtics
22 point win against Spurs.

Against the better teams, he is really only playable for <15 minutes a game largely because he has too many lapses / low IQ plays, struggles to rebound and isn't switchable on D.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:38 am    Post subject:

JM is a very nice player and is clearly outplaying his contract. That being said, come playoff time, DH will take some of his minutes (not a knock on JM). DH has been on a serious roll the last 20 games. He gives us better rebounding, better defense (covers more ground), and he sets a better screen. AD and DH together will cause teams fits as they are both ELITE defenders capable of covering a ton of ground while also being able to switch off on smaller players which will give us a big advantage.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:08 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

He'd get PT playing in place of Cousins whose leg is about to fall off at any moment.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:36 am    Post subject:

Surprised so many expect to see Cousins making an impact. Especially this season. I’m skeptical he will be capable this playoffs. He will be out of playing shape and out of sync to just step into playoff intensity.

Did anyone watch his impact when he tried it last year? Didn’t he have about 20 turnovers and horrible defense?

Even next year Cousins is a high risk player after all these injuries. He was slow and unmotivated on defense before. He will be improved ...why? Because of his 3pt shot? Two ends to the court. He has to contribute more then being Davis’ BFF.

A big part of the Lakers success has been the surprise defensive efforts. That has been led by the tandem of McGee and Howard. Or the combined center efforts. McGee has been a big part of that.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Surprised so many expect to see Cousins making an impact. Especially this season. I’m skeptical he will be capable this playoffs. He will be out of playing shape and out of sync to just step into playoff intensity.

Did anyone watch his impact when he tried it last year? Didn’t he have about 20 turnovers and horrible defense?

Even next year Cousins is a high risk player after all these injuries. He was slow and unmotivated on defense before. He will be improved ...why? Because of his 3pt shot? Two ends to the court. He has to contribute more then being Davis’ BFF.

Yep. At this point, all that anyone can legitimately hope for is that he pulls a Bill Walton and has one more productive season before his body goes back to imploding.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:04 am    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
As an aside, THT as soon as next season could help resolve some roster issues and do so more cheaply and almost as effectively as, say, Jeff Teague.

FG40% 3pt 29% in the Dleague

Excuse me, it's 42.4% and 29.8% for a .530 TS% and his efficiency has been trending up month to month.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:05 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
MLE Targets
Goran Dragic
Reggie Jackson
Jeff Teague
Jordan Clarkson (?)

Bi Annual/Vet Min Exception targets
Mo Harkless
Justin Holiday
Solomon Hill
Hollis-Jefferson
Josh Jackson
Andre Roberson
James Ennis
Glen Robinson
MKG
Nwaba

Alec Burks
DJ Augustin
Napier
Burke

WCS
H.Giles
Noel
Vonleh
Skal
C.Wood

Can shop Kuz/1st/THT and Exp k (Bradley/McGee/Cook) and see what you can get but I dont see anyone on the move worth it.

A good summer for me. Playmaker at the MLE (Dragic ideally), Wing defender at Bi Annual (Mo Harkless?), and solid vet min signings. I'm pretty sure Boogie will be back. That would leave Dwight or McGee out. I'd keep Dwight and look to shop McGee. Sign a younger 3rd big (Giles,Vonleh,Skal) or just promote Cacok (he deserves it)

Boogie/Dwight*/Cacok
AD/Kuz/Dudley*
LeBron/Harkless/THT
DG/KCP/1st round pick
Caruso/Dragic/Bradley

Not many roster spots to play with.

Again...why would you move McGee?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:07 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
My sense and this is without looking at advanced stats is that McGee does some good stat padding against bad teams in junk time.

His 5 best games this year:

26 point win against GSW
22 point win against Wizards
23 point win against Blazers
32 point loss against Celtics
22 point win against Spurs.

Against the better teams, he is really only playable for <15 minutes a game largely because he has too many lapses / low IQ plays, struggles to rebound and isn't switchable on D.

RPM and PIPM take into account the opponents McGee faces.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:23 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Aren't you all glad we didn't go after Iggy now

heh nah. Gotta wait til the playoffs. He needs about 20 games to get back into form.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

It feels like the Twilight Zone, has no one paid attention to Cousins the past 3 seasons? We can’t count on him for anything other than cheering from the bench.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:08 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

It feels like the Twilight Zone, has no one paid attention to Cousins the past 3 seasons? We can’t count on him for anything other than cheering from the bench.

Cousins will likely just be outside shooting 3’s in the second unit. Which will work in his favor because our bench outside of Dwight and KCP have been atrocious. It will mess up our chemistry and flow though. Also, he’s best as a post passer, but what’s the point when we have okay shooters and no cutters to the rim?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject:

Apparently Danny Green and Anthony Davis liked a comment with J.R. Smith mentioned on IG, sounds like something is gonna happen soon.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:21 am    Post subject:

What would JR Smith provide us?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:

Yeah, I don't know if Smith at his age coming out of semi-retirement could even outplay Daniels at this point, but politics would likely dictate he get more minutes than Daniels is getting. And that doesn't mean less time for Rondo, it would mean less time for Caruso.

Giving a J.R./Rondo backcourt 20 mpg is a recipe for failure.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:

Yeah, I don't know if Smith at his age coming out of semi-retirement could even outplay Daniels at this point, but politics would likely dictate he get more minutes than Daniels is getting. And that doesn't mean less time for Rondo, it would mean less time for Caruso.

Please don’t let this be the only move we make.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:53 am    Post subject:

First off, Klutch just signed Zo...probably not the one you’re thinking of.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KlutchSports/status/1230648322555142144

Second, Troy knows chemistry can’t save him.

Quote:
Brandon ‘Scoop B’ Robinson: Throughout the course of the season there’s been talks of J.R. Smith, there’s been talks of Darren Collison whomever could join the team. There are people who have said who do you cut. They’ve said DeMarcus Cousins, they have said you, they have said other people. Does that bother you?

Troy Daniels: For sure. No question. I mean people might say that he’s not —– and yeah but everybody says it’s a business, and when they say it’s a business it really IS a business. I’ve been traded five times in my career in the past seven years so I’m scarred for life. So whatever happens. I just think whatever happens is going to happen and when it does happen, just stay strong stay true to yourself and continue to work if it happens. Obviously we’ve been up and we’ve been down. That’s what teams do. You go up, you go down. You go up, you go down. But media and everybody speculating we need help with this, we need that… we have the perfect team to win a championship. Whatever the case may be. I think we can match up with the Clippers good, I think we can beat Milwaukee in seven, I honestly do if everybody’s playing to their type of basketball. We have a couple of the best players in the world.

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/02/lakers-clippers-rivalry/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Third, what’s with all the “Dr”s on this site? I come in peace and ain’t trying to put a dent in y’all community. We all Laker fans here fam.

Fourth, Danke right back at you BVH. I appreciate the words my dude.

Fifth, this isn’t an indictment on McGee. I probably communicated it incorrectly to you and others and I guess I should have just pleaded the fifth on it instead haha.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CavernousSorrowfulAurochs-size_restricted.gif

If you allow me to clarify, McGee provides a skillset that I believe Dwight does as well. I love our center rotation and it becomes ridiculously good if Boog can come back to some version of his former self. I also love that it keeps AD away from having to play it and whatever that boy needs to be comfortable, I’m with it in order to have him play healthy in a Laker imo for the foreseeable future. But if I had to make a cut and replace one with a young big man project, I would choose McGee and address other needs with that roster spot/salary cap holder. I hope I made that part clear now. I like McGee and what he brings but really only on a vet min deal and/or if other roster desires are met.

Thanks for the time and hearing me out fam.

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:54 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

Please don’t let this be the only move we make.

The two key roster deficiencies are 1) lack of a second reliable initiator who can score off the dribble/run the offense better than Rondo, and 2) a big wing/combo-forward who can defend better than Kuzma.

Green, KCP, Bradley, Caruso, Daniels, and Cook are all effectively SGs. The team really doesn't need another SG unless that guy is a clear upgrade over who's already on the roster. J.R. Smith at this point is maybe better than Cook and Daniels.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject:

I’d rather gamble with Waiters over JR. Plus he’s an old Pelinka client and now Klutch.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:59 am    Post subject:

A 3 point expert like JJ or Korver would be a third need, but those guys aren’t available, they are usually expensive, and pretty much useless if the 3 ain’t falling. Should of kept Svi, although I’d rather see him in The D than NOLA or DC. Less chance of that coming back to haunt us.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I’d rather gamble with Waiters over JR. Plus he’s an old Pelinka client and now Klutch.

only 28years old too as compared to 34
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
A 3 point expert like JJ or Korver would be a third need, but those guys aren’t available, they are usually expensive, and pretty much useless if the 3 ain’t falling. Should of kept Svi, although I’d rather see him in The D than NOLA or DC. Less chance of that coming back to haunt us.

does joe harris play any defense? he would be a good wing
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4502, 4503, 4504 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4503 of 8560
Jump to: