OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 460, 461, 462 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
Well I hope the lakers don’t trade him to a conference rival for a washed up player and a draft pick

It's a delicate situation because he has a trade veto and at the same time you want to appease his agent Rich Paul. I'm not sure if kcp change his mind.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Inverse wrote:
Well I hope the lakers don’t trade him to a conference rival for a washed up player and a draft pick

It's a delicate situation because he has a trade veto and at the same time you want to appease his agent Rich Paul. I'm not sure if kcp change his mind.

I get what you’re saying but at the end of the day LeBron is a laker. Rich Paul isn’t driving any players away from the Lakers no matter what the Lakers do with KCP at this point. It’s a moot point
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Marc Stein reporting that the Rockets still want KCP in a big way

Since we need a shooter the Lakers will probably ask for either Gerald Green or Eric Gordon

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2811498-lakers-rumors-kentavious-caldwell-pope-is-rockets-top-trade-target.amp.html
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Since we need a shooter the Lakers will probably ask for either Gerald Green or Eric Gordon

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2811498-lakers-rumors-kentavious-caldwell-pope-is-rockets-top-trade-target.amp.html

No way Houston gives up EG
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

No way the Lakers take him. They're not taking anybody back tied beyond 2019. It would have to be expiring and a 1st round. Similar to the Lou Williams deal we made with them.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yeah I agree, we probably have a better chance at getting Gerald Green.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

No way the Lakers take him. They're not taking anybody back tied beyond 2019. It would have to be expiring and a 1st round. Similar to the Lou Williams deal we made with them.

Yep to both
Maginka
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject:

At the end of the day, I think we put Kawhi in a room with Magic, LeBron, and Kobe and I think it is going to be hard for him to say no. I think LeBron will tell him it's his team as in the prime star and then we trade Lonzo, BI, Hart, Wagner, Bonga, (2) 1sts for AD and maybe one of their contracts they want to get off the books.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Maginka wrote:
At the end of the day, I think we put Kawhi in a room with Magic, LeBron, and Kobe and I think it is going to be hard for him to say no. I think LeBron will tell him it's his team as in the prime star and then we trade Lonzo, BI, Hart, Wagner, Bonga, (2) 1sts for AD and maybe one of their contracts they want to get off the books.

The win now lose later approach. I love it
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject:

I haven't even thought about a 3rd max scenario. If the Lakers get KL or KD, can they still make a trade for AD?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Maginka wrote:

How is it win now and lose later when Kawhi Is older then AD?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
epak wrote:
Maginka wrote:

How is it win now and lose later when Kawhi Is older then AD?

Win now. And when AD goes down with injury in the future, lose later. Duh.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Maginka wrote:

Kuz instead of ZO then. We'd have enough scorers(Bron, KL, AD), but need a playmaker longterm other than 35 year old Bron.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

As sh*t as we've been... and I've been thoroughly depressed this entire road trip except for the Charlotte game... we still have a better record than New Orleans.

I expect Randle and AD to go off on us for 40 each without McGee... but it doesn't change the reality that as much as we suffered... AD's team is still worse than ours.

Signing AD as a free agent... good.

Trading away all of our depth to trade places with the Pelicans... not so much.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
As sh*t as we've been... and I've been thoroughly depressed this entire road trip except for the Charlotte game... we still have a better record than New Orleans.

I expect Randle and AD to go off on us for 40 each without McGee... but it doesn't change the reality that as much as we suffered... AD's team is still worse than ours.

McGee gonna miss NO game too?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I have no idea, but usually a flu takes awhile before you are back at full strength.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I have no idea, but usually a flu takes awhile before you are back at full strength.

McGee has asthma issues too and TC too old/past his prime to play starter minutes. FO really messed up with some Center choices. Keeping Zu instead of Thomas Bryant looking like a terrible move.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

McGee has asthma issues too and TC too old/past his prime to play starter minutes. FO really messed up with some Center choices. Keeping Zu instead of Thomas Bryant looking like a terrible move.

Yeah, I don't get how we couldn't tell Zu would be bad... does he dominate our bigs in practice?

No excuse for us for us not to figure it out in advance.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Just to add to the center discussion, suppose we do get our wish this summer and sign a max FA.

Do we have any money left over to sign a decent center? The center position looks like its needs a lot of work and I doubt Javale is going to be down with the vet min.

Heck, why did Cousins have to injure himself. Seriously, of all the max options he would have been the best given our needs at center.

Last edited by Vanquish on Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

Yeah, I don't get how we couldn't tell Zu would be bad... does he dominate our bigs in practice?

No excuse for us for us not to figure it out in advance.

Maybe it was a seniority thing where they assumed the guy who has been in the league longer would play better in real game situations.

It's not unheard of for players to hold back in practice. In the words of Allan Iverson, 'it's practice man, just practice!'
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject:

If we do trade KCP. I'd prefer he goes out of conference. Not trying to help anybody in the crowded playoff race. And I only want an expiring coming back.
We don't have to trade him though. I know he's in a rut. But he can still improve on his 36% from 3. And I like his defense more than Svi's.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:34 am    Post subject:

Something to consider: if the Pelicans made Anthony Davis available, you have to wonder if they would tear it down and totally rebuild, and that means wanting as many draft assets as possible. To that end, if you're the Pelicans, wouldn't you rather have Brandon Knight and the Rockets' 2019 1st rounder, as opposed to, say, KCP from us? (I think the Pelicans could also opt to deal Holiday for whatever draft assets/young players they could get, too.)

I bring this up because if we traded KCP to the Rockets for Knight and their 2019 1st, we could then have another 1st round pick at our disposal to offer the Pelicans. If they could get Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, Knight, and Houston's 2019 1st, the Lakers' 2019 1st, and the Lakers' 2021 1st, that is probably more compelling to them than KCP for the rest of this year and not having the Houston 2019 1st.

Or, even if it weren't an AD deal, say we just took Knight into the offseason with us, along with the Houston 1st. (Atlanta immediately comes to mind; instead of Lin as a backup to Trae Young, they could have Knight in that role and get yet another 1st for their troubles, or they could just waive him, whatever.) I think it's highly likely that a team would be willing to take Knight for that Houston 1st. I just think it's an interesting possibility to consider, that getting an extra 1st round pick could be advantageous for us in trade talks, particularly if a team that wants to rebuild is getting Knight and that pick.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:48 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Something to consider: if the Pelicans made Anthony Davis available, you have to wonder if they would tear it down and totally rebuild, and that means wanting as many draft assets as possible. To that end, if you're the Pelicans, wouldn't you rather have Brandon Knight and the Rockets' 2019 1st rounder, as opposed to, say, KCP from us? (I think the Pelicans could also opt to deal Holiday for whatever draft assets/young players they could get, too.)

I bring this up because if we traded KCP to the Rockets for Knight and their 2019 1st, we could then have another 1st round pick at our disposal to offer the Pelicans. If they could get Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, Knight, and Houston's 2019 1st, the Lakers' 2019 1st, and the Lakers' 2021 1st, that is probably more compelling to them than KCP for the rest of this year and not having the Houston 2019 1st.

Or, even if it weren't an AD deal, say we just took Knight into the offseason with us, along with the Houston 1st. (Atlanta immediately comes to mind; instead of Lin as a backup to Trae Young, they could have Knight in that role and get yet another 1st for their troubles, or they could just waive him, whatever.) I think it's highly likely that a team would be willing to take Knight for that Houston 1st. I just think it's an interesting possibility to consider, that getting an extra 1st round pick could be advantageous for us in trade talks, particularly if a team that wants to rebuild is getting Knight and that pick.

If the Pelicans were trading Davis, they'd try to get as much as they could from the Celtics and some of those "non-celtics' 1st round picks they own.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:19 am    Post subject:

What about getting DLO and Randle back for 15 M each if we don't get a max FA? Then we have enough assets and depth to trade for AD. Kuz, BI, Rondo(8 M, filler) and couple of firsts for AD.

ZO
DLO
Bron
Randle
AD

Hart as 6th man. Unlikely since Maginka burnt those bridges. Getting no max FA and trading 2-3 of our young core will mean we lack good players in many areas unless we can get one or two good young players on good contracts.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:35 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

If the Pelicans were trading Davis, they'd try to get as much as they could from the Celtics and some of those "non-celtics' 1st round picks they own.

I was thinking more along the lines of if the Pelicans made AD available before the end of this year, because in that case, Boston can't get him unless they trade Kyrie. I also think that we have a better package to offer to the Pelicans, anyway, unless the Celtics trade Tatum. And if they do, there's nothing we can do because he's a far superior asset to anything we have.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 460, 461, 462 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 461 of 8560
Jump to: