OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4609, 4610, 4611 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:39 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Quote:
Stefan Bondy
@SBondyNYDN
Jason Kidd now a frontrunner for Knicks coach as search turns messy: source

good luck Kidd

who can we hire as his replacement? other then fitzdale

The Giannis thing has to be strong at this point.

Only other thing I can think of is Thibodeau is pushing for compensation and power that they don’t want to hand to him.

What do you mean by he Giannis thing? Do people think the Knicks are pursuing J-Kidd because Giannis would play for him?
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Quote:
Stefan Bondy
@SBondyNYDN
Jason Kidd now a frontrunner for Knicks coach as search turns messy: source

good luck Kidd

who can we hire as his replacement? other then fitzdale

The Giannis thing has to be strong at this point.

Only other thing I can think of is Thibodeau is pushing for compensation and power that they don’t want to hand to him.

What do you mean by he Giannis thing? Do people think the Knicks are pursuing J-Kidd because Giannis would play for him?

They apparently had a good relationship when Kidd was with the Bucks, and Giannis voiced his displeasure when Kidd got fired.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject:

So much for Leon’s bluff.

Quote:
The New York Knicks and Tom Thibodeau are finalizing a five-year deal to make him the franchise’s next coach, sources tell ESPN.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Quote:
The New York Knicks and Tom Thibodeau are finalizing a five-year deal to make him the franchise’s next coach, sources tell ESPN.

Oh well. For one brief 48-hour period we could dare to dream.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject:

TIL the Knicks will pay $25M+/yr for Julius Randle and Joakim Noah the next two seasons.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject:

If Dion keeps playing this well, we may want to throw some money at him and use one of the smaller exceptions to keep him.

In terms of the players that most likely will be in the roster next year:

Avery-Rondo
DG-Caruso
LeBron-KCP-THT
AD-Kuzma
Javale

We have a 1st round pick, and I think two different exceptions to use plus minimums.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
If Dion keeps playing this well, we may want to throw some money at him and use one of the smaller exceptions to keep him.

Avery-Rondo
DG-Caruso
LeBron-KCP-THT
AD-Kuzma
Javale

We have a 1st round pick, and I think two different exceptions to use plus minimums.

Gonna wait to see Dion in a playoff situation instead of against the worst team in the bubble before I comment on him getting paid but if we want a bucket getter off the bench, Clarkson for the MLE would be my ideal move.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:40 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
TIL the Knicks will pay $25M+/yr for Julius Randle and Joakim Noah the next two seasons.

I didn't know that Randle is fully guaranteed for 2021-22.

I thought that it was partially guaranteed.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:45 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Quote:

Probably can't get the Knicks to play better. Don't matter who they sign or hire. They need to get rid of James Dolan.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:01 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

Avery-Rondo
DG-Caruso
LeBron-KCP-THT
AD-Kuzma
Javale

Gonna wait to see Dion in a playoff situation instead of against the worst team in the bubble before I comment on him getting paid but if we want a bucket getter off the bench, Clarkson for the MLE would be my ideal move.

Clarkson for the MLE and Jae Crowder for the room have been my targets but if Dion does play well for us, I wouldn't mind splitting that MLE in half to re-sign Dion and get another player.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:45 am    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
2019 wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

Avery-Rondo
DG-Caruso
LeBron-KCP-THT
AD-Kuzma
Javale

Clarkson for the MLE and Jae Crowder for the room have been my targets but if Dion does play well for us, I wouldn't mind splitting that MLE in half to re-sign Dion and get another player.

Clarkson may not see himself as an MLE candidate. Remember, the much-maligned KCP turned down a 4 year/$80 million extension because he thought he was worth more.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:45 am    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:

Avery-Rondo
DG-Caruso
LeBron-KCP-THT
AD-Kuzma
Javale

why do you wan to bring Rondo back. Dude is always injured. Its best for the team to find replacements for Avery and Danny too. Old and injury prone.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:48 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
KBandKB wrote:
2019 wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

Avery-Rondo
DG-Caruso
LeBron-KCP-THT
AD-Kuzma
Javale

Clarkson may not see himself as an MLE candidate. Remember, the much-maligned KCP turned down a 4 year/$80 million extension because he thought he was worth more.

Clarkson is klutch client

Money will be super tight this summer
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:50 am    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

Avery-Rondo
DG-Caruso
LeBron-KCP-THT
AD-Kuzma
Javale

why do you wan to bring Rondo back. Dude is always injured. Its best for the team to find replacements for Avery and Danny too. Old and injury prone.

Player options, it isn’t the team’s choice.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:52 am    Post subject:

I think DH stays. He has really matured and enjoys being a Laker. Lebron will not let him bounce.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

Avery-Rondo
DG-Caruso
LeBron-KCP-THT
AD-Kuzma
Javale

Player options, it isn’t the team’s choice.

They can cut him if they want, the only one affected are the Buss family. They won't do it though, too much politics going on with Rondo.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:00 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
KBandKB wrote:
2019 wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

Avery-Rondo
DG-Caruso
LeBron-KCP-THT
AD-Kuzma
Javale

But that was when the NBA $ was healthy. Now the China problem, covid, unknown when fans will be back....Good possibility that players who thought they would get paid significantly won't.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:21 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
KBandKB wrote:
2019 wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

Avery-Rondo
DG-Caruso
LeBron-KCP-THT
AD-Kuzma
Javale

But that was when the NBA $ was healthy. Now the China problem, covid, unknown when fans will be back....Good possibility that players who thought they would get paid significantly won't.

It will be interesting to see how it shakes out. If the cap plummets, there may be very little cap space available. Guys who were expecting big offers may find they can't even get the MLE. Doubt you'll see many players opt out.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject:

MLE Targets- Goran Dragic/Jordan Clarkson/Reggie Jackson/Jeff Teague/Darrren Collison (or bring Waiters back for cheap if he fills that playmaker role off the bench)

Bi-Annual-Moe Harkless/RHJ/M.Morris

McGee/Dwight/Boogie*
AD/Harkless/Dudley*
LeBron/Kuz/
DG/KCP/THT
Caruso/MLE/

Shop Cook/Bradley/Rondo/1st for BPA (up to about 17.4M in returning salary)
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:13 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
MLE Targets- Goran Dragic/Jordan Clarkson/Reggie Jackson/Jeff Teague/Darrren Collison (or bring Waiters back for cheap if he fills that playmaker role off the bench)

Bi-Annual-Moe Harkless/RHJ/M.Morris

McGee/Dwight/Boogie*
AD/Harkless/Dudley*
LeBron/Kuz/
DG/KCP/THT
Caruso/MLE/

Shop Cook/Bradley/Rondo/1st for BPA (up to about 17.4M in returning salary)

I wonder how much Memphis will shell out for Melton.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:59 pm    Post subject:

^^ kris dunn is another interesting name. But similar to the players we already have (Caruso/Bradley). We need a playmaker

Curious to see what route Boogie takes also. If we bring McGee/Dwight back, does he return? Could be a wildcard.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
^^ kris dunn is another interesting name. But similar to the players we already have (Caruso/Bradley). We need a playmaker

Curious to see what route Boogie takes also. If we bring McGee/Dwight back, does he return? Could be a wildcard.

I see the Rockets making Boogie a full MLE offer and promising him a starting job while selling him on being part of big 3. Whether or not that happens, he can live up to that I don't know but I see him in Houston next year.

Although I'd love him for cheap off the bench.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:01 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

I see the Rockets making Boogie a full MLE offer and promising him a starting job while selling him on being part of big 3. Whether or not that happens, he can live up to that I don't know but I see him in Houston next year.

Although I'd love him for cheap off the bench.

1 of mcgee/howard can go. We can bring Cousins for minimum and add young center for depth.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:16 pm    Post subject:

I’m guessing we can’t afford to pay Dion, Morris, or Dwight. We’ll see what moves we decide to make. Kuz is up for an extension too, which he won’t get from us.

I can see Clarkson and JR back here, although Clarkson might be looking for a final big payday.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I’m guessing we can’t afford to pay Dion, Morris, or Dwight. We’ll see what moves we decide to make. Kuz is up for an extension too, which he won’t get from us.

I can see Clarkson and JR back here, although Clarkson might be looking for a final big payday.

A) I'd love Clarkson here at the MLE and B) He's not even in the 2nd half of his career... why would this be him final big payday?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4609, 4610, 4611 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4610 of 8560
Jump to: