OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4613, 4614, 4615 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
As much as I truly detest the idea of trading for Paul I have to admit I have a strange fascination with seeing how they would be able to "load manage" two 36 yr olds to 30mpg, pay them over $80M a year (with a re-signed Davis for another $35-38M) and still keep a competitive roster on the floor for an 82 game season and four playoff rounds.

Similar to a car crash, you hate yourself for looking but you can't look away.

I don't think we'll get Paul, but next year would be the perfect year for that startegy.

With the cap contraction, there probably will be some decent guys willing (or forced) to sign cheap, one-year deals while they wait for the revenues to rebound.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject:

The Busses would make no money for the next 3 years paying Lebron, AD and CP3 in a revenue depressed NBA. Only way i see us going for him is if he’s amnestied.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:45 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
The Busses would make no money for the next 3 years paying Lebron, AD and CP3 in a revenue depressed NBA. Only way i see us going for him is if he’s amnestied.

i honestly dont know who in their right mind would trade for CP3?

only route for CP3 to be on the lakers is if he amnestied
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Damn how bad is the TJ Warren trade looking for the Suns? Dude is turning into a legit scorer.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Damn how bad is the TJ Warren trade looking for the Suns? Dude is turning into a legit scorer.

remember we had conversation where i was saying we should trade for him? before indy trade?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

remember we had conversation where i was saying we should trade for him? before indy trade?

You definitely have eye for talent Jim
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Saw this on Twitter tonight: Jordan Clarkson has never helped the Lakers to win a game more.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:16 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Saw this on Twitter tonight: Jordan Clarkson has never helped the Lakers to win a game more.

He’s been struggling after being a solid addition to the Jazz before the league suspended play
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Was it for TJ pre AD? Or post AD?
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:40 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Five days later. We traded for AD on June 15, and the Pacers traded for Warren on June 20. We were in pursuit of Kawhi so there's no way we were going to take on that kind of salary in that moment.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:49 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Five days later. We traded for AD on June 15, and the Pacers traded for Warren on June 20. We were in pursuit of Kawhi so there's no way we were going to take on that kind of salary in that moment.

Thanks!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject:

We are certainly a championship contender.

But if we fall short this year, and most of the team returns (i.e. b/c of massive BRI issues and drop in salary cap), AND we use the full MLE to get a shot creating wing player, we will still be a favorite to win it again next year. We also would have Green's expiring deal, Kuz (though it may just be worth it to hang on to him as he is now a 3/D player), and the 2020 1st as trade assets.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

But if we fall short this year, and most of the team returns (i.e. b/c of massive BRI issues and drop in salary cap), AND we use the full MLE to get a shot creating wing player, we will still be a favorite to win it again next year. We also would have Green's expiring deal, Kuz (though it may just be worth it to hang on to him as he is now a 3/D player), and the 2020 1st as trade assets.

You need to account for age. Lebron looks to have declined half a notch since the break. That's my eyeball assessment, anyway. Sure, we'd still be a contender, but if we fail in the coming weeks, the best opportunity is gone.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:30 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You need to account for age. Lebron looks to have declined half a notch since the break. That's my eyeball assessment, anyway. Sure, we'd still be a contender, but if we fail in the coming weeks, the best opportunity is gone.

Right. But I can see LBJ starting to take the backseat and let AD shine. It's clear AD benefits from LBJ setting the table up more. I don't expect prime LBJ anymore. But even a post-prime LBJ is a top 10 player in the NBA. Plus, AD is just entering his prime and will get better (ex. 3 point shooting recently). Assuming most of this team's core is back, we will have some options to upgrade and we know that we need a better shot creating wing player. We can use the full MLE or trades for that.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:02 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Right. But I can see LBJ starting to take the backseat and let AD shine. It's clear AD benefits from LBJ setting the table up more. I don't expect prime LBJ anymore. But even a post-prime LBJ is a top 10 player in the NBA. Plus, AD is just entering his prime and will get better (ex. 3 point shooting recently). Assuming most of this team's core is back, we will have some options to upgrade and we know that we need a better shot creating wing player. We can use the full MLE or trades for that.

I guess that depends on which players you regard as the core. Right now, we have a roster that is held together by duct tape at the bottom. Some of the names on the roster are also aging players. We may be able to win a title with a roster containing Rondo (if he makes it back), McGee, Howard, and Green, but asking those guys for a second run is problematic.

As for trades, I have no freaking idea what the market is going to look like this "summer." However, when you talk about a "better shot creating wing player," bear in mind that you are talking about one of the most coveted assets in the current NBA. The guys who are available for the MLE or less will resemble Waiters more than what you're looking for.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

i would like to see what we can get for 2020 1st rd pick, tht and D Green.

not much but with revenue shrinking and cap reducing guys like MJ might want to cut salaries.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

not much but with revenue shrinking and cap reducing guys like MJ might want to cut salaries.

I pray you're right Jesus....pray
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Kuz (though it may just be worth it to hang on to him as he is now a 3/D player) .

Kuz is 31% for the season on 3s and 33% for his career. Three good shooting games in a row doesn't make someone a 3/D player. If he sustains this for 20 games, we can talk.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:43 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Kuz (though it may just be worth it to hang on to him as he is now a 3/D player) .

Kuz is 31% for the season on 3s and 33% for his career. Three good shooting games in a row doesn't make someone a 3/D player. If he sustains this for 20 games, we can talk.

I agree. And he'll have 20+ games to show us.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't think MJ and the other owners are going to have fire sales on high-quality players. Green, THT and a low 1st is a pretty weak package. Hard to imagine it could net us anyone who's all that much better than Green.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:07 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't think MJ and the other owners are going to have fire sales on high-quality players. Green, THT and a low 1st is a pretty weak package. Hard to imagine it could net us anyone who's all that much better than Green.

never said anybody is having fire sale. but tough decisions will be made for cheap owners like MJ
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1290667442155511808

If Jalen Rose ends up being right we could have a chance to pair AD with Mitchell which would be pretty awesome although not sure how that’s possible especially with the Giannis dream.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

If Jalen Rose ends up being right we could have a chance to pair AD with Mitchell which would be pretty awesome although not sure how that’s possible especially with the Giannis dream.

Pairing up our 2 way player w/ a 1 way player, especially a non-elite 1 way player doesn't seem like a great move.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:04 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Pairing up our 2 way player w/ a 1 way player, especially a non-elite 1 way player doesn't seem like a great move.

You don’t consider Mitchell elite?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4613, 4614, 4615 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4614 of 8560
Jump to: