OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4714, 4715, 4716 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:15 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
activeverb wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
What I would like to see the Lakers "young" core looking like next season

DeVontae Cacok (24)
Christian Wood (25)
Kyle Kuzma (25)
Talen Horton Tucker (20)
Lonzo Ball (23)
Alex Caruso (26)
Josh Jackson (23)

I believe we are sleeping on Cacok. He has the potential to turn into a rotational big. Would also like to possibly bring Jemerrio Jones back on a 2 way. Remember the big impact and crazy he energy he bought to the Lakers closing last season out? A true DAWG.

I appreciate this is semantics, but your "core" are the key guys you expect to move forward with. I wouldn't call a 24-year-old player on a two-way contract part of the core. If you're not instantly penciling someone into the rotation, I wouldn't consider them core players.

I also wonder if you would be exciting about Kuzma, Caruso, and Cacok if they weren't on the Lakers. At this moment, none of them seem like anything more than serviceable.

When I say core, I mean rotation parts. All the players listed has the potential to be a top 10 player on a championship team. 4 already is(Wood/Zo/Kuz/Caruso)andwith further development in a year or 2 the others will be. THT is already knocking on the door. Cacok will continue to get better. Jackson has the talent, just has to find his niche. The good thing about us, we are vet heavy. So those guys would have plenty of time to develop over the next year or 2.

AD will still be here. Will just have to find that 2nd star somehow.

we up 1-0 in WCF and this dude only posts here in the FA thread...

his love for C Wood...

Check my posts. More than just in here lol. But that's me always looking to the future. The ring is ours for the taking this season.

its all here is all I seee.....dont look forward...like the zen master said...enjoy the moment...
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:40 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Guys that absolutely need to be back

D Howard
Kieff Morris
Rondoooo

I agree. I don't know if its possible but would love to add Harkless and Mathews to the band. Our D (coupled with our team rebounding as we lead the playoff teams in allowing fewest opponent rebounds) is what makes us a dominant team. It allows us to win the fast break point battle and masks our sometimes weak half court offense.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:28 am    Post subject:

Truly (bleep) remarkable.

Quote:
Another candidate interviewing for the Indiana Pacers coaching job, sources tell ESPN: Golden State assistant Mike Brown.

Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:00 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Quote:
Another candidate interviewing for the Indiana Pacers coaching job, sources tell ESPN: Golden State assistant Mike Brown.

I swear he has to have the best agent in the world. Dude was fired within a couple or so years at multiple head coaching jobs, gets paid for the years he had left in those jobs, AND gets to be an assistant for GS.

...while also being considered for ANOTHER head coaching job. One of the worst head coaches ever and HE STILL GETS OPPORTUNITYS!

He must be a great talker in interviews or something. I dont get it.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:06 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Quote:

Nice. I hope you get it, Mike.
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:31 am    Post subject:

So Ty Lawson got banned from China for posting on his IG that low key chinese women have cakes... Also getting called of all type of racial slurs on his IG for it.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:33 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
So Ty Lawson got banned from China for posting on his IG that low key chinese women have cakes... Also getting called of all type of racial slurs on his IG for it.

He also posted another more explicit image.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

D Howard
Kieff Morris
Rondoooo

Dwight - 35
Rondo - 35
Morris - 31

Ages for next season. If they do come back, we'll need to preserve D39 and Rondo till the playoffs.

Ideally you hope to preserve the MLE for a one year quality vet, but they may have to split it if these guys balk at the vet min and Morris the BAE (around 4M). So Morris gets 6M and possible early bird rights (?) if they strike out in FA next year. The other two get around 4M/yr rather than the 2.5M range.

I want a better offseason, but they may just take BPA at 28 if there is no trade match. Then you play the expiring game at the deadline (Green, Cook and possibly Bradley) with the drafted player and THT depending on who's available.

Regarding preserving, that may go further than those two. They may dial back a few minutes on a lot of vets even the duo, with seeding in another possible bubble not worth as much, flawed or not. So THT, 28, resigned 2 way guys get a little more burn and improve trade value as a win/win.

Last edited by fansincemagic on Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:37 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

He also posted another more explicit image.

Still he got banned for that!?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

D Howard
Kieff Morris
Rondoooo

Dwight - 35
Rondo - 35
Morris - 31

Ages for next season. If they do come back, we'll need to preserve D39 and Rondo till the playoffs.

Ideally you hope to preserve the MLE for a one year quality vet, but they may have to split it if these guys balk at the vet min and Morris the BAE (around 4M). So Morris gets 6M and possible early bird rights (?) if they strike out in FA next year. The other two get around 4M/yr rather than the 2.5M range.

I want a better offseason, but they may just take BPA at 28 if there is no trade match. Then you play the expiring game at the deadline (Green, Cook and possibly Bradley) with the drafted player and THT depending on who's available.

Regarding preserving, that may go further than those two. They may dial back a few minutes on a lot of vets even the duo, with seeding in another possible bubble not worth as much, flawed or not. So THT, 28, resigned 2 way guys get a little more burn and improve trade value as a win/win.

Great point about the bubble aspect. If they do play in a bubble again, which I hope they won't have to. But if they do, seeding won't matter as much. Interesting to see what type of schedule they put in place. Would they even shrink the number of games? If less games, they might not need to rest as much.
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

D Howard
Kieff Morris
Rondoooo

Dwight - 35
Rondo - 35
Morris - 31

Great point about the bubble aspect. If they do play in a bubble again, which I hope they won't have to. But if they do, seeding won't matter as much. Interesting to see what type of schedule they put in place. Would they even shrink the number of games? If less games, they might not need to rest as much.

I honestly don't know what the plan is anymore, but plans change. You ussually don't plan to experiment with youth in win now mode, but if they are "stuck" with young depth rather than some 4 for 1 type trade we talk about, it's not a bad thing in this case.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

D Howard
Kieff Morris
Rondoooo

I could see Rondo exercising his $2.7 mil option but would we use the MLE for Howard and Morris? Would Morris be happy with part of the MLE? Dwight made around $6 mil this season I believe, if another team offers similar money would he turn it down?
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

D Howard
Kieff Morris
Rondoooo

I could see Rondo exercising his $2.7 mil option but would we use the MLE for Howard and Morris? Would Morris be happy with part of the MLE? Dwight made around $6 mil this season I believe, if another team offers similar money would he turn it down?

The vet minimum is $6M for Dwight??
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:03 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

D Howard
Kieff Morris
Rondoooo

They meant the money he made, Memphis buyout 3M plus the vet min from LA.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
activeverb wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
What I would like to see the Lakers "young" core looking like next season

DeVontae Cacok (24)
Christian Wood (25)
Kyle Kuzma (25)
Talen Horton Tucker (20)
Lonzo Ball (23)
Alex Caruso (26)
Josh Jackson (23)

I believe we are sleeping on Cacok. He has the potential to turn into a rotational big. Would also like to possibly bring Jemerrio Jones back on a 2 way. Remember the big impact and crazy he energy he bought to the Lakers closing last season out? A true DAWG.

I appreciate this is semantics, but your "core" are the key guys you expect to move forward with. I wouldn't call a 24-year-old player on a two-way contract part of the core. If you're not instantly penciling someone into the rotation, I wouldn't consider them core players.

I also wonder if you would be exciting about Kuzma, Caruso, and Cacok if they weren't on the Lakers. At this moment, none of them seem like anything more than serviceable.

When I say core, I mean rotation parts. All the players listed has the potential to be a top 10 player on a championship team. 4 already is(Wood/Zo/Kuz/Caruso)andwith further development in a year or 2 the others will be. THT is already knocking on the door. Cacok will continue to get better. Jackson has the talent, just has to find his niche. The good thing about us, we are vet heavy. So those guys would have plenty of time to develop over the next year or 2.

AD will still be here. Will just have to find that 2nd star somehow.

Lots of players have the potential to be the top 10 players on a ring team.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:13 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

D Howard
Kieff Morris
Rondoooo

On paper Morris isn't a full MLE guy but maybe someone offers most of it if the market dries up. LA isn't promising anyone anything beyond next year, but taking most of it to contend, showcase and have the early bird rights (I think), gives him a path for LA to take care of him for a few years as a plan B if they don't land a star in 21/22. May not be ideal, but may become his best play. I'm assuming nobody signs Howard long term, nor for anything significant above the 4M range BAE or remaining MLE. Not enough for him to leave.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

D Howard
Kieff Morris
Rondoooo

They meant the money he made, Memphis buyout 3M plus the vet min from LA.

the question is would he take the vet min to finish the career with us and go for more chips (I'd take him before McGee if I have to choose)
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

D Howard
Kieff Morris
Rondoooo

Depends on how careful Dwight has been with the $350-plus million he's already made in salary+endorsements.

He's likely got major child support & other obligations, but if he's managed his money, $2.5 million with the Lakers and a chance to get Back2Back rings is worth turning down a one year Full MLE elsewhere.

Now, if a team is dangling 2/$20MM or 3/$30MM, that may create a dilemma.

For Kieff, it's a different story. If he continues to be a major contributor to an NBA Champion, he HAS to leave if he gets a significantly bigger offer.

Rondo is in the "donut hole" - he's made $100+ million in salary and has had some very good shoe/endorsement deals, but that $150-$200 million slot seems to be where a number of guys got into real financial trouble (Pippen, Antoine Walker, Sprewell, Kemp, etc.). Living like Billionaires instead of Millionaires-with-a-short-earning-career.

If Rondo took care of his money, the Lakers are ideal. There aren't a lot of high-dollar reserve point guard slots, so unless a team wink/nods him a shot at a head coaching gig afterwards, there's very little incentive for him to leave*.

* - assuming Ballmer doesn't offer him $40 million to spite the Lakers.

Last edited by Dr. Laker on Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

D Howard
Kieff Morris
Rondoooo

Not sure about Morris but guys like Dwight who has made a lot of money already will pick winning and having a role for vet minimum than 6 mil.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:21 am    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

D Howard
Kieff Morris
Rondoooo

On paper Morris isn't a full MLE guy but maybe someone offers most of it if the market dries up. LA isn't promising anyone anything beyond next year, but taking most of it to contend, showcase and have the early bird rights (I think), gives him a path for LA to take care of him for a few years as a plan B if they don't land a star in 21/22. May not be ideal, but may become his best play. I'm assuming nobody signs Howard long term, nor for anything significant above the 4M range BAE or remaining MLE. Not enough for him to leave.

NBA has salary floor. Teams with cap space will pay someone like him for a year or two and hope they can get at least a 2nd round pick later. They got a first round pick for his brother.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject:

What about Cousins? How’s his recovery going?
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
What about Cousins? How’s his recovery going?

I think he’ll be ready. He can give us another dimension in offense. Another cheap insurance policy that can pay dividends later. He can initiate the offense. Too strong and too skilled to make things happen.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Leave dcarter4kobe alone.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Jayson Tatum is literally asking to be a Laker!

https://i.redd.it/jy98utrrp7o51.jpg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Jayson Tatum is literally asking to be a Laker!

https://i.redd.it/jy98utrrp7o51.jpg

He's a huge Kobe fan.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4714, 4715, 4716 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4715 of 8560
Jump to: