OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4715, 4716, 4717 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
What about Cousins? How’s his recovery going?

He'll be fine to start the season. The question no one can answer is whether he'll be able to stay fine. He might make a comeback, his career might be over. No way to know.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:

I hope the Lakers sign him and let McGee walk. I could see the Clippers making a run at Cousins.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:58 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

I hope the Lakers sign him and let McGee walk. I could see the Clippers making a run at Cousins.

They already did and he said no.

He is ADs bff and will likely play here next summer
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Looking at the FA list next year for centers, there aren't many better than D39.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:47 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

Yeah, i'd love to see them make Morris there biggest priority to resign and then hopefully keep Howard if possible as well (It will be interesting what kind of offers he gets and if it's worth leaving a great situation considering his past). Let McGee walk and see what Cousins has if he cant make it through the season then just sign a late free agent or buy out.

You still have 3 guys that can play center at times but can also compliment AD and not bog the team down. I like McGee just not sure he's worth it anymore unless he accepts the minimum which i'm sure a team or two could offer a bit more especially contenders wanting not only size but a big that's familiar with the Lakers.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:43 pm    Post subject:

We have early bird rights on Rondo so we can offer a decent salary that I doubt anybody will outbid. I hope we keep at least one of Morris or Dwight with the BAE. McGee probably exercises his opt in because I doubt he gets more elsewhere. AB opts in. KCP opts out but we have full bird rights and the Klutch connection.

With the MLE we go after a 3/D wing defender and/or secondary creator. Easier said than done but more possible with teams being tighter with the wallet this offseason.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Jayson Tatum is literally asking to be a Laker!

https://i.redd.it/jy98utrrp7o51.jpg

He's a huge Kobe fan.

If you grew up idolizing a player who was so heavily tied to a franchise, do you inherently start rooting for that franchise?

Maybe it's wishful thinking but Tatum would look so much better in purple and gold and I think he'd agree.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:38 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Been doing this quite a bite.

https://twitter.com/backcourtv/status/1297573050032852993?s=20
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:28 am    Post subject:

who is the mini rondo we can get this summer? a savy ball handler to take pressure off Lebron and throw lobs to AD
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:43 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

Yeah, i'd love to see them make Morris there biggest priority to resign and then hopefully keep Howard if possible as well (It will be interesting what kind of offers he gets and if it's worth leaving a great situation considering his past). Let McGee walk and see what Cousins has if he cant make it through the season then just sign a late free agent or buy out.

You still have 3 guys that can play center at times but can also compliment AD and not bog the team down. I like McGee just not sure he's worth it anymore unless he accepts the minimum which i'm sure a team or two could offer a bit more especially contenders wanting not only size but a big that's familiar with the Lakers.

McGee is under contract next year for $4.2 million.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Unfortunately Magic happened
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

They already did and he said no.

He is ADs bff and will likely play here next summer

Maybe he here, playing here is highly questionable.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
We have early bird rights on Rondo so we can offer a decent salary that I doubt anybody will outbid. I hope we keep at least one of Morris or Dwight with the BAE. McGee probably exercises his opt in because I doubt he gets more elsewhere. AB opts in. KCP opts out but we have full bird rights and the Klutch connection.

With the MLE we go after a 3/D wing defender and/or secondary creator. Easier said than done but more possible with teams being tighter with the wallet this offseason.

Rondo has a player option
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:35 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Truly (bleep) remarkable.

Quote:
Another candidate interviewing for the Indiana Pacers coaching job, sources tell ESPN: Golden State assistant Mike Brown.

This guy is the coaching version of Rasputin. It's incredible how he's able to worm his way into so many teams. I wish I was a fly in the room when he's selling himself. He might be the greatest salesman on earth.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Nah, not quite. He's honoring not only the memory of Kobe, but the personal time they spent together a couple of years back. He knew Kobe more than on a casual level.

Last edited by LakerDYnasty72 on Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
hype wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

McGee is under contract next year for $4.2 million.

Yeah, my bad. For some reason I had it in my head it was a one year contract. Makes keeping both Howard and Morris possibly a bit more difficult depending on the other teams bids but it's 2020 so who knows what will happen.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

Is McGee opting out?
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:08 pm    Post subject:

KCP will opt out, but we could probably offer him a huge one year deal like the first one he got with us, with the promise of a long-term contract 2021 and beyond

Rondo I have no clue (gonna assume he's an opt in), Bradley will likely opt in, as will JaVale

At this point in time I'm inclined to think we'll keep a very similar squad to what we have now. Give Dwight a one-year BAE (don't think he's getting more than that elsewhere) and Cousins a minimum contract.

PG: LeBron - Rondo - Cook
SG: Bradley - Caruso - THT
SF: Green - KCP - ??
PF: Davis - Kuzma - ??
C: McGee - Howard - Cousins

From there, you could either do two things:

- Draft a SF/PF with the 28th pick, and overpay Markieff by giving him the full MLE (but this confirms he comes back)
- Trade Kuzma and Cook for Rose, use the 28th pick on a SF/PF again, use 2/3rds of the MLE on Markieff, the last 3rd on Mo Harkless

PG: LeBron - Rondo - Cook
SF: Green - KCP - 28
PF: Davis - Kuzma - Morris
or
PG: LeBron - Rose - Rondo
SF: Green - KCP - Harkless
PF: Davis - Morris - 28
#18 next...
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:21 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ocho wrote:
Truly (bleep) remarkable.

Quote:
Another candidate interviewing for the Indiana Pacers coaching job, sources tell ESPN: Golden State assistant Mike Brown.

This guy is the coaching version of Rasputin. It's incredible how he's able to worm his way into so many teams. I wish I was a fly in the room when he's selling himself. He might be the greatest salesman on earth.

He probably mentions LBJ, Kyrie, Mike Malone, Pop, Kerr, Steph, Klay, Durant, Dray, Death Stare from Kobe, and Steph mom once talking to him.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Thoughts on Tristan Thompson (if he took a low salary).
1. Do we say no cuz of Khloe?
2. Does he defend?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:37 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Thoughts on Tristan Thompson (if he took a low salary).
1. Do we say no cuz of Khloe?
2. Does he defend?

Isn't he also signed with Klutch?
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:15 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Nah, not quite. He's honoring not only the memory of Kobe, but the personal time they spent together a couple of years back. He knew Kobe more than on a casual level.

I still have to see a young player wearing a Paul Pierce shirt.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:38 am    Post subject:

Paul George preaching to teammates to make another run next season was met with eye rolls and bewilderment

https://theathletic.com/2078184/?source=twitterhq

Quote:
For his part, Paul George had a disappointing series against Denver, and had several moments that left him in compromising positions with his teammates — beyond just his production. Multiple teammates had verbal spats with George throughout the postseason, citing in their exchanges a lack of accountability from him.

In the postgame locker room Tuesday night, George was preaching to teammates to remain committed, for all the players to return to the team this offseason and stay ready to make another run. It was met by some eye rolls and bewilderment, sources said, because George did not back up his words with action in the series and the team has multiple free agents with decisions to make. George scored 10 points on 4 of 16 shooting and 2 of 11 from 3-point range in the Game 7 defeat.

“We can only get better the longer we stay together and the more we’re around each other,” George said after the game.”We just didn’t have enough time together.”

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Paul George preaching to teammates to make another run next season was met with eye rolls and bewilderment

Quote:
For his part, Paul George had a disappointing series against Denver, and had several moments that left him in compromising positions with his teammates — beyond just his production. Multiple teammates had verbal spats with George throughout the postseason, citing in their exchanges a lack of accountability from him.

In the postgame locker room Tuesday night, George was preaching to teammates to remain committed, for all the players to return to the team this offseason and stay ready to make another run. It was met by some eye rolls and bewilderment, sources said, because George did not back up his words with action in the series and the team has multiple free agents with decisions to make. George scored 10 points on 4 of 16 shooting and 2 of 11 from 3-point range in the Game 7 defeat.

“We can only get better the longer we stay together and the more we’re around each other,” George said after the game.”We just didn’t have enough time together.”

I said it from day 1. They amassed TALENT. But they failed on amassing leaders.

Kawhi is talented, but not a leader. He always had Duncan/Manu/Parker leading on the Spurs. He got to the Raptors and it was Lowry and guys like Gasol, etc. who took up the leadership mantle.

Clips would be wise to find a player who can command respect. Dare I say that was CP3? Does OKC want a trade back of CP3 for PG13?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:56 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Quote:

Clown.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4715, 4716, 4717 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4716 of 8560
Jump to: