OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4751, 4752, 4753 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:06 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Are you guys watching the Finals???

Some people here don’t. 😝
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
if AD is in our future plan, which i think he is, duh.... i don't think Giannis is a good fit with AD. both are stud defensively, but on offense they'll get in each other's way. i also have my doubt on Giannis' mental toughness. AD isn't your typical Alpha type of player, having Giannis who's in the same mold mentally as AD isn't going to help us much. sure i'd love to have Giannis, but just him and AD alone not so much. what i prefer is someone like Dame, who has the killer instinct, not afraid of the big moments. i'm cross my fingers hoping the Blazers team implode soon.

Lillard would be a great 2nd fiddle to AD, also we can add James Harden to that list who I know Laker fans don’t like as a player but he’s gonna be a FA in a few years.

The way Lillard was clowning PG/Kawhi for switching teams, I doubt he'd do the same. Would love to have him though.

Really depends if he really wants a championship, I know he said that staying with the Blazers was a priority but as players age and they realize the dream of winning a title is slipping away they will start to look into options, and Lillard is no different, he is to good of a player to be stuck on a treadmill team like the Blazers.

he just said on TNT last week that its ok if he doesnt win championship but he is not jumping on other teams bandwagon and forming a super team

what else you expect him to day? oh gosh i can't wait to get out of Portland?

Haha exactly, people don’t realize that most franchise players are royal to the Organization they play for, he’s not gonna make the Blazers look bad by asking out, it’s gonna be a decision made by Lillard and his camp and the Blazers FO.

Lilliard's under contract to the Blazers through 2025, when he'll be 35 and his career could be over. He really doesn't have a say in where he'll play anymore.

And making almost $51 mil.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
No one really bringing this up, but how the games will be played next year with fans or no fans will determine what kind of moves are made during the off season there has been a lot of talk that a lot of the contenders flamed out during the bubble playoffs because of the bubble environment.

The bubble undoubtedly had an effect. That said, I'm not sure how the possibility of another bubble will affect any team's moves. I don't see how you can predict how different players will respond to the bubble, especially the second time when they know what they're in for.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
No one really bringing this up, but how the games will be played next year with fans or no fans will determine what kind of moves are made during the off season there has been a lot of talk that a lot of the contenders flamed out during the bubble playoffs because of the bubble environment.

The bubble undoubtedly had an effect. That said, I'm not sure how the possibility of another bubble will affect any team's moves. I don't see how you can predict how different players will respond to the bubble, especially the second time when they know what they're in for.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
activeverb wrote:
defense wrote:
-I am not opposed to a "ball handler"

-I am not opposed to trying to get better

-I just don't see how getting Rose make us better and trading players that
contributed this season for him is insane to me.

-I know LG can be trade happy, but come on... at least propose trades that
would make us better.

To me, it is seems this forum is mostly about fantacizing that other teams will send us stars or very good players for our minor assets.

If you showed most of these trade proposals here to a group of people, I don't think they'd have trouble identifying that they were created by Lakers fans rather than the fans of the team on the other side of the trade.

Not saying your wrong but isn't this true of all fan bases? Replace Lakers with TeamX and the proposed trades of their players and you lol at them. Part of being a fan.

Beyond numbers need to consider injuries, defense, roles, team chemistry, team systems, contract $ and the list goes on..

Is relationships important? I believe most definitely. Do Lakers upset Klutch by trading away THT?

If it is a beneficial trade for the team, yes. If they turn down a trade that would benefit the team because of Klutch, then fire them.

I believe you and I both understand that real life is not as straightforward as you stated here. If there is no loyalty shown to players/agents then expect the same in return.

Lakers took care of KCP and conversely Klutch and that netted Lebron and AD. That initial large outlay of $'s to KCP helped Klutch after turning down the Pistons offer. This laid the foundation for the current Laker team.

Is there any Aaron Mintz clients on the Lakers? Did he influence PG from not coming here? Food for thought about relationships.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Harkless is such a perfect fit, its scary. Get him in tow, then make a small trade.

He’s coming. Did you see his reaction when the Knicks reporter asked him about being released? He said the right things, but his reaction said otherwise.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Hours away from the Finals, but AD with Giannis after LBJ is an amazing scenario. Too much overall talent between the two on both ends. You'd want a MLE pg and keep your role players, but even if you debate alpha or it factor, that's a lot to work with.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
activeverb wrote:
defense wrote:
-I am not opposed to a "ball handler"

-I am not opposed to trying to get better

-I just don't see how getting Rose make us better and trading players that
contributed this season for him is insane to me.

-I know LG can be trade happy, but come on... at least propose trades that
would make us better.

To me, it is seems this forum is mostly about fantacizing that other teams will send us stars or very good players for our minor assets.

If you showed most of these trade proposals here to a group of people, I don't think they'd have trouble identifying that they were created by Lakers fans rather than the fans of the team on the other side of the trade.

Not saying your wrong but isn't this true of all fan bases? Replace Lakers with TeamX and the proposed trades of their players and you lol at them. Part of being a fan.

Beyond numbers need to consider injuries, defense, roles, team chemistry, team systems, contract $ and the list goes on..

Is relationships important? I believe most definitely. Do Lakers upset Klutch by trading away THT?

If it is a beneficial trade for the team, yes. If they turn down a trade that would benefit the team because of Klutch, then fire them.

I believe you and I both understand that real life is not as straightforward as you stated here. If there is no loyalty shown to players/agents then expect the same in return.

Lakers took care of KCP and conversely Klutch and that netted Lebron and AD. That initial large outlay of $'s to KCP helped Klutch after turning down the Pistons offer. This laid the foundation for the current Laker team.

Is there any Aaron Mintz clients on the Lakers? Did he influence PG from not coming here? Food for thought about relationships.

I don't think there is any "loyalty" in the NBA; there are just mutually beneficial relationships.

Once they stop being mutually beneficial, teams move on from players or players move on from teams.

Now, whether KCP really is part of the package for keeping Lebron or AD happy is anyone's guess. If he is, then he's part of the mutually beneficial relationship with them.
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Deleted.

Last edited by HAWAIIGUY27 on Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:10 pm; edited 8 times in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Rumor going around that the Clippers might trade Paul George to the Nets for LeVert / Dinwiddie and picks
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Rumor going around that the Clippers might trade Paul George to the Nets for LeVert / Dinwiddie and picks

Sounds good to me
Make it happen captn
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

KD and his sidekick Kyrie are Stupid...confirmed

3 knuckleheads on 1 team
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Sounds good to me
Make it happen captn

Not bad for the Clippers actually. Nets are gonna Nets.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Love that trade for Clippers. LeVery is really good and Dinwiddie would allow them to trade Lou.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

3 knuckleheads on 1 team

Smdh. Doing the clippers a favor.

The Nets would implode with Way off P.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:14 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

3 knuckleheads on 1 team

Sideboard P:- nets was my favorite team growing up. I always saw myself playing for the nets..
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Players I see returning

1. LeBron
2. AD
3. DG
4. KCP( will probably opt out and receive a raise to 10-12M)
5. Caruso
6. Kuzma
7.Dwight (resigned using non bird rights. ~3M)
8. M.Morris (See above)
9. Rondo
10.THT
11. Boogie (Given another chance, low risk high reward)

That leaves 4 roster spots
1. MLE-Favors, Baynes, Wood, Thompson, Clarkson
2. BAE-Teague, Augustin,Alec Burks Harkless, Millsap
3. McGee/AB/28 for BPA (Schroeder, Dinwiddie, Rose, Ball, Taj Gibson/Bullock, Malik Monk..Randle)
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

3 knuckleheads on 1 team

Sideboard P:- nets was my favorite team growing up. I always saw myself playing for the nets..

I actually think the trade helps both sides. With Dinwiddie, Levert, KD and Kyrie there is simply too many hands in the cookie jar on offense and not enough defense. PG wouldn't need to score nearly as consistently as he does for the Clippers with KD and Kyrie there. He can just focus on the defense and finishing when KD/Kyrie are there and be no more than the #2 at practically all times. Plus he's usually a knockdown 3pt shooter, at least outside of the playoffs. And I think the lesser competition in the East suits him.

For the Clippers, they get a guy that can get others involved in Dinwiddie and a young flamethrower in Levert that can give you elite scoring some nights. You also add some picks to replace what you lost to OKC.

All in all the deal works for both sides in my opinion
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:31 pm    Post subject:

^^ i'd hate to see the Clippers get such an easy fix.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:31 pm    Post subject:

^^ i'd hate to see the Clippers get such an easy fix.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:32 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Players I see returning

1. LeBron
2. AD
3. DG
4. KCP( will probably opt out and receive a raise to 10-12M)
5. Caruso
6. Kuzma
7.Dwight (resigned using non bird rights. ~3M)
8. M.Morris (See above)
9. Rondo
10.THT
11. Boogie (Given another chance, low risk high reward)

That leaves 4 roster spots
1. MLE-Favors, Baynes, Wood, Thompson, Clarkson
2. BAE-Teague, Augustin,Alec Burks Harkless, Millsap
3. McGee/AB/28 for BPA (Schroeder, Dinwiddie, Rose, Ball, Taj Gibson/Bullock, Malik Monk..Randle)

We still enjoying game 1 win bro πŸ˜‚
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:02 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Sounds good to me
Make it happen captn

I think PG is better than Levert + Din in totality. But don't give the dippers your picks!
The Nets would be scary if KD is 89% of what he was.
PG could help them in the regular season.
And in the playoffs, Kyrie and KD can take the pressure shots.
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Why would Nets trade for PG when they can get Beal, Beal is better shooter, defender and younger.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:49 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Sounds good to me
Make it happen captn

I think PG is better than Levert + Din in totality. But don't give the dippers your picks!
The Nets would be scary if KD is 89% of what he was.
PG could help them in the regular season.
And in the playoffs, Kyrie and KD can take the pressure shots.

Maybe PG would be better as a third wheel. I don't trust those shoulders, literally or metaphorically. Levert could potentially be as productive as PG is now, but at a lower price (and will keep getting better while PG trends down). I'm not the biggest Dinwiddie fan, but that makes Lou expendable. If they get picks too? Great bailout for the Clippers. But Clippers would still have a leadership void.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
Why would Nets trade for PG when they can get Beal, Beal is better shooter, defender and younger.

Because the idea that the Wizards would trade Beal is pure speculation. They're stuck with Wall's contract for the future and they will most likely see if they can't make playoffs with the two of them. And even if delusional, they'll likely want a package like the Lakers/Clippers gave up for AD/PG to entice them to give Beal up. And they're not as desperate or leveraged to give up Beals as the Pels (AD was expiring) and Thunder (didn't want to pay luxury tax) were.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4751, 4752, 4753 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4752 of 8560
Jump to: