OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4845, 4846, 4847 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:21 am    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
DRose to LA rumors heating up, hope they don't ask for AC again but won't cost the farm as CP3 deal would.

I get the impression most rumors are just reporters making up trades and then calling up anonymous executives and asking, "Would Team X ever want Player Y," until someone says, "Sure, they'd love to have him."

Rumors are really easy to manufacture. And then other reporters write about the rumor the first reporter made up. It's just a way of filling space, and giving fans on boards like this something to yap about to pass time.

Last edited by activeverb on Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:22 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
DRose to LA rumors heating up, hope they don't ask for AC again but won't cost the farm as CP3 deal would.

I get the impression most rumors are just reporters making up trades and then calling up anonymous executives and asking, "Would Team X ever want Player Y," until someone says, "Sure, they'd love to have him."

or guys trying to earn paychecks/clicks in offseason
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
activeverb wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

or guys trying to earn paychecks/clicks in offseason

That too. These reporters have to fill space when they really have nothing to report, so they just make up trade rumors, knowing a certain percentage of fan will eat it up. They're basically providing entertainment, rather than information.

I don't blame them. It would be impossible to produce enough actual information about trades to satisfy fans.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
dfchang813 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Maginka wrote:
With the loss in revenues due to ticket sales, we hopefully should see more small-market teams seeking buyouts and maybe trying to clear ca for 21 free agency, I think we should wait for a CP3 buyout next year and push to get Bogdanovic or Hield with the Kuz/Green/28

Yea I dont get people here wanting to gut a championship team for a 35yr old. They expect everyone to sign for vet minimum to fill in the rest of the roster.

They claim the pieces were losing are crap but for some reason has value to land you a star player?

Makes no sense.

The idea isn’t that our crap offer is worth CP3. It’s not. The idea is that OKC doesn’t have to pay him 85 million over two years and they get a young player like Kuz that may actually be good in a better situation and a first round pick while sending him to a place he wants to be as a thank you for being simply amazing for OKC this year.

But main motivation is getting rid if his salary.

As for other teams ... ummm why would they sacrifice assets for a 35 yr old washed up point guard due 85 million over 2 years who doesn’t want to be there? Based on your reasoning that this is a horrible trade for us why wouldn’t it be similarly horrible for other teams??

Chris Paul’s preference doesn’t dictate where he goes but it makes a difference. OKC wants to get future players and how they treat current ones is a big factor. It’s still early in the game and a lot has to happen for this to be pulled off but it isn’t outlandish.

Other teams don’t have to do a 6 to 1 trade. Teams like Bucks and 76ers have salary to shed and better draft picks to offer. They dont have to gut their team for CP3.

The 6 for 1 thing is overrated. Cook, McGee,AB can all agree to pre arranged buyouts. Basically making it a 3 for 1. (DG/1st & Rondo or Kuz)

You want those guys to opt in then trade them? They can all just opt out and sign with other contenders. Rondo will never agree to resign and get traded to a non contender. That trade also possibly cost us losing KCP, Dwight, and Kieff. Also read we lose our full MLE. You expect to offer vet minimum to everyone?

Rumor came from an executive from an eastern team. Sound like someone is trying to sabotage this team.

1. McGee/AB will likely opt in regardless IMO. Don't see them getting more in this market
2. With pre-arranged buyouts from OKC (off set by vet min. McGee-1.5M buyout/AB-2.3M), they would actually have the possibility of making more money while picking their next destination. Win Win
3. Rondo's market will likely be 4-5M. Would he turn down 8-10M to be included in a sign and trade?
4. Would still be able to keep KCP/Dwight.

1. Yes
2. Most likely McGee get a buyout . OKC might keep Bradley as he’s a good complimentary to Shai .
3. I don’t think Rondo will disrespect his own self by giving us the favor to get CP3. He will sign somewhere else. He can sign MLE with the Clips and give us the middle finger.
4. Dwight is still a wildcard. KCP will look to get paid.

At the end of the day, most players will approach this as business first. They gonna lookout for their best interest first.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject:

I think we can move on from CP3...not happening
Rose is interesting but what does he cost?
I want Rondo and Howard back
I like the idea of Galilnari ...who said he was similar to Kuzma? Hogwash...
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject:

I think we will bring all the key role players back and add couple of good pieces with MLE and BAE. If CP3 is attainable, we will try, but otherwise we will go with aforementioned plan.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Rose getting the chance to play for a title would be cool he’s 1 of those players that deserve a chance at a championship if not for that major injury a few years ago he would be a top 10 player right now.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject:

I would love a playmaker who can help LeBron and Rondo rest during the regular season. I think that's where the Rose rumor makes sense. Including the fact the Lakers tried to go after him last year.

Besides that, FAs like Dani and Holiday would be great for me.

I think most of our FAs earned themselves a bigger contract.
I can see Morris and Dwight leaving.
KCP maybe returns for more years and perhaps similar per year contract.
Rondo, maybe another 1+1?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
I would love a playmaker who can help LeBron and Rondo rest during the regular season. I think that's where the Rose rumor makes sense. Including the fact the Lakers tried to go after him last year.

Caruso will have a bigger role in regular season. I'd like to see THT getting some minutes too. I reckon Lakers value Kuz's size and defensive effort so might not wanna give him up for D Rose. If it's CP3, they will.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Why is more believable, Rose or CP3 rumors?
I think CP3 is not even close to being true....$85 mill for 2 years? Hell no!!
Rose sounds interesting but what would you have to give up? Kuz, Green and a pick? Hell yes, sign me up.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Cp3: Only if OKC buys him out and we get him for cheap. Likely not happening.
Derrick Rose if the trade makes sense or if Detroit is moving him to hit the restart button.
Gallinari if he takes the MLE which he apparently has said he would to play for a Championship Contender.
Make an attempt at Joe Harris.

Re-sign Dwight, Re-sign Rondo, Re-sign Cousins. All for bargains if you can.

Move on from Danny Green.
Move on from Dion Waiters.
Move on from JR Smith.

As far as point guards go, if we can get Rose for a bargain we should take that.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Cp3: Only if OKC buys him out and we get him for cheap. Likely not happening.
Derrick Rose if the trade makes sense or if Detroit is moving him to hit the restart button.
Gallinari if he takes the MLE which he apparently has said he would to play for a Championship Contender.
Make an attempt at Joe Harris.

Re-sign Dwight, Re-sign Rondo, Re-sign Cousins. All for bargains if you can.

Move on from Danny Green.
Move on from Dion Waiters.
Move on from JR Smith.

As far as point guards go, if we can get Rose for a bargain we should take that.

Sign me up!!!

That’s all we need to do!!
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Rose can’t shoot and he’s not a good defender, he’s the definition of unplayable in the playoffs. Oh and he’s also injury prone and already quit on Lebron once before, no thanks.

If we’re gonna get a guy who’s bad on defense, he better be able to shoot like Gallinari, otherwise just pass.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject:

I want CP3 in a Laker uniform.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
I don't get the fascination with Gallinari. He's pretty much the same player as Kuz. Per 36, here were his stats 23PPG/6RPG/2APG (61 TS%; 40% 3pt), while Kuzma was 18PPG/6RPG/2APG (53 TS%; 32% 3PT). Keep in mind, however, that Kuz came off the bench and had to adjust to playing off AD/Lebron. Who is to say that Galli's number won't go down given the same role?

There is HUGE gap between a 40% shooter from 3 and a 32% shooter from 3.

Keep in mind Kuzma had wide open looks and couldn’t knock them down. Gallo is a significantly better shooter and will get even better looks with Lebron and AD being the main focus of defenses.

Gallo’s offensive game is far mor advances than Kuzma’s. If a team wants to put a small on Gallo, he will take them to the mid post and shoot an easy face up midrange. If a team wants to put a small in Kuzma, they can get away with it.

Gallinari is one of the few players that "out-offenses" his defense. Still, I'm skeptical, because he can get played off the floor, just like at times, Kuzma was too.

Really, if a guy doesn't shoot/score, what else does he provide for the team? At least with Green, it was defense. Him being on great ++ 5-man lineups was no joke, and at least made a great stop gap if Kawhi actually played the Lakers in the WCF.

I want playoff players, not regular season ones.

CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject:

If we sign Gallo for the MLE then I would like a bargain wing for his annual Gallo injury. I’ll take Craig, Nwaba, RHJ etc.

If we can’t get Gallo and we got Harkless instead then sign a shooter that could be bargain like Crabbe, Matthews etc.

Pass on Rose if we lose a playoff rotation player. I’ll take a flyer on Reggie Jackson. He should be bargain coming off from injury. He is someone who can out play his contract. And bring back Waiters if we can’t get anyone.

Then bring everyone back . I expect AD, KCP, Kuz , Caruso and THT all to improve and be part of that young core and having them while they are at their peak.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:
Rose can’t shoot and he’s not a good defender, he’s the definition of unplayable in the playoffs. Oh and he’s also injury prone and already quit on Lebron once before, no thanks.

If we’re gonna get a guy who’s bad on defense, he better be able to shoot like Gallinari, otherwise just pass.

Agreed, Rose’s effectiveness on the same court as LeBron and AD will be hamstrung by his inability to shoot outside jumpers. He likes to drive to the paint, guess what LeBron loves that too. Rose can be our super 6th man at the best.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:55 pm    Post subject:

It feels like the good old days, where every would-be free agent or player of consequence on the trade market has a connection to the Lakers.

Truth is, Chris Paul’s contract is atrocious and the pieces we would have to give to match salary have on court value. If Presti wants to unload that deal on LA and get tradable pieces in return, OKC should need to give other assets in return. If we’re talking Bazely and a 1st, we are starting to have a real discussion.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
If we sign Gallo for the MLE then I would like a bargain wing for his annual Gallo injury. I’ll take Craig, Nwaba, RHJ etc.

If we can’t get Gallo and we got Harkless instead then sign a shooter that could be bargain like Crabbe, Matthews etc.

Pass on Rose if we lose a playoff rotation player. I’ll take a flyer on Reggie Jackson. He should be bargain coming off from injury. He is someone who can out play his contract. And bring back Waiters if we can’t get anyone.

Then bring everyone back . I expect AD, KCP, Kuz , Caruso and THT all to improve and be part of that young core and having them while they are at their peak.

Yeah I'm mostly with this. I want Harkless for the MLE (bigger wing, doesn't need touches, ++ defense).

I don't want Derrick Rose. I want Caruso to get more minutes. Backup PGs are easy to find through FA for the vet min anyway (Found Rondo, Dallas found Trey Burke, even though he wants a bigger contract, etc.)

The Clippers got worse when they traded Harkless off the team. Imagine running it back with mostly the same team, and then adding a more physical wing on defense.

epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Caruso will have a bigger role in regular season. I'd like to see THT getting some minutes too. I reckon Lakers value Kuz's size and defensive effort so might not wanna give him up for D Rose. If it's CP3, they will.

I don't think Alex is a playmaker the way Rose is.
And THT is still a TBD.
Not saying I think the Lakers get Rose. But that the rumor makes sense. And that we need a playmaker.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:

Agreed, Rose’s effectiveness on the same court as LeBron and AD will be hamstrung by his inability to shoot outside jumpers. He likes to drive to the paint, guess what LeBron loves that too. Rose can be our super 6th man at the best.

But that's what you need Rose for, to be a super 6th man.

I'm not a fan of him on the team (personal bias), but dude shoots now. People need to stop looking at 3pt %.

Now he's floating right at his career high at TS%, AND elite shooting from the rim, all the way to the 3pt line.

You're not acquiring him to shoot 3s. You're acquiring him to run the bench next to AD, get in the lane, and pull up from long 2 (shoots 44% which is basically among the tops in the league with the volume).

So, like I said, I don't want Rose for personal reasons, but dude CAN shoot. He DOES have the talent that LAL needs. I just would rather explore elsewhere for other specific team needs.

LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject:

If Kuzma really has some value, I would look to trade him ASAP. He won't improve anymore, lacks the bball IQ.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:06 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

Rumors are really easy to manufacture. And then other reporters write about the rumor the first reporter made up. It's just a way of filling space, and giving fans on boards like this something to yap about to pass time.

You're absolutely right. Here's the first statement in the Chris Paul thread that started everybody talking:

"According to a league executive on the possibility of the Lakers pursuing a Chris Paul trade:"

A "league executive? who is he/she? (The person manufacturing the rumor, just like you said) Oh that's right he can't be named because he's "not authorized to speak on"... an educated guess why CP would want to join us is pretty easy. I'd want to be on the World Champs too!
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Well without Danny Green and Kuzma the Lakers would not be raising a championship. They bring it on defense and sometimes on offense.
Danny Green brought the champion mentality.

Would not bring back Dudley, Waiters, and Smith. Cook seems good insurance if Rondo doesn't sign.
CP has never gone far in the NBA playoffs. Always injured.
Danilo G. brings consistent shooting.

Have to resign AD, KCP, Dwight, Morris, Rondo. And extend Caruso.
Just add to not break up a championship team.
They did not fall short.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:10 pm    Post subject:

I can't wait for the next "passed their prime" PG rumor.

The field -400
Westbrook +200
Conley +350
Lowry + 450
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4845, 4846, 4847 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4846 of 8560
Jump to: