OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4863, 4864, 4865 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:
We needed a starting 5 and to hit the salary floor minimum. So Moz was understandable.

Deng contract was completely re ttarded.

No it was not. If that's your reasoning, sign a guy to a 1 year deal. It was unconscionably stupid in the moment. I mean, our FO actually thought Mozgov and Deng were good at basketball.

Mitch was great for what was needed after West put Shaq and Bryant in place. That isn't a knock on him. He was a good GM and some of his moves, including trading for Rice, for Grant, for Pau, were all exceptional. But once the foundation needed a reset, our lack of someone with big picture vision really stood out. That was more because Jim was our VPBO than Mitch being our GM, but between them we didn't have it.

Disagree. They tried to acquire Paul which would be a great move.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:09 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:
We needed a starting 5 and to hit the salary floor minimum. So Moz was understandable.

Deng contract was completely re ttarded.

No it was not. If that's your reasoning, sign a guy to a 1 year deal. It was unconscionably stupid in the moment. I mean, our FO actually thought Mozgov and Deng were good at basketball.

Mitch was great for what was needed after West put Shaq and Bryant in place. That isn't a knock on him. He was a good GM and some of his moves, including trading for Rice, for Grant, for Pau, were all exceptional. But once the foundation needed a reset, our lack of someone with big picture vision really stood out. That was more because Jim was our VPBO than Mitch being our GM, but between them we didn't have it.

Disagree. They tried to acquire Paul which would be a great move.

As much as I disliked Jim and Mitch (not as bad) this could have been a game changer. They would have had a prime CP3 with Kobe and if I recall they would have acquired Okafor in the deal as well. They also still had the Bynum for Dwight deal waiting. So imagine Kobe, CP3 and Dwight all in their prime...sure Dwight would have had to buy in..but Dwight and CP 3 would have been amazing too. It never happened but it could have been deadly...that team would have easily matched up with Miami.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject:

1. Trade Green, Kuzma, Bradley, McGee, Cook, and #28 for Paul.

2. Receive salary relief for Deng.

3. Sign Gallinari for the non-taxpayer mid-level exception.

4. Sign Howard for the bi-annual exception.

5. Sign someone like Stanley Johnson or Demarre Carroll for the minimum.

6. Sign Carmelo Anthony for the minimum.

7. Sign Kyle Korver for the minimum.

8. Sign DMC for the minimum.

9. Can we bring back KCP?

10. Sign Darren Collison with the minimum.

11. Trade cash for a 2nd round pick.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:40 am    Post subject:

People still hanging on to Darren collision dream like hoping their ex comes back after dumping them

Move on people
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:12 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
People still hanging on to Darren collision dream like hoping their ex comes back after dumping them

Move on people
LOL, nah it doesn't necessarily need to be Collison as the backup PG for CP. Just somebody on a minimum contract that could take fill in for 12-15 mpg. It most likely wouldn't be Rondo to fill that backup PG role for CP.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:24 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Move on people
LOL, nah it doesn't necessarily need to be Collison as the backup PG for CP. Just somebody on a minimum contract that could take fill in for 12-15 mpg. It most likely wouldn't be Rondo to fill that backup PG role for CP.

I don't know if you want CP3 or hoping....because honestly I don't think there's a any chance we get him and we shouldn't want him, considering he's owed $85 million for 2 years...killing our cap for 2021.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:31 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Move on people

I don't know if you want CP3 or hoping....because honestly I don't think there's a any chance we get him and we shouldn't want him, considering he's owed $85 million for 2 years...killing our cap for 2021.

there are many other options i prefer over going with CP3
Lavine
Spencer
Dipo

this keeps our depth intact as well
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:35 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Move on people

I would prefer an elite three-point shooter such as Buddy Hield. However, I think that there is a good chance that we end up with CP3. I wouldn't mind that at all. We are in win now mode. I am not in favor of punting cap space for another year, though that may still be the plan, we will see.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
King Randle wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Move on people

Lavine
Spencer
Dipo

Lavine is the best of those three. I would prefer not to trade for Dinwiddie or Dipo because of their below average three point shooting.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:47 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
King Randle wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Move on people

Lavine
Spencer
Dipo

Lavine is the best of those three. I would prefer not to trade for Dinwiddie or Dipo because of their below average three point shooting.

3pt shooting is only 1aspect of the game.

no to buddy hield and his bloated 4year contract:86m and 106 with incentives. takes us out of every free agency for next 4 years
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:59 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
King Randle wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Move on people

Lavine
Spencer
Dipo

no to buddy hield and his bloated 4year contract:86m and 106 with incentives. takes us out of every free agency for next 4 years
Yeah three point shooting is only one aspect of the game. It is something that we need though. Dinwiddie is a good dribbler and Dipo could jump high and play defense, but those are also different aspects other than shooting. You seem to be prioritizing ball handling (Dinwddie) and defense (Dipo) over shooting. There is no question that those are also important attributes. Defesne is arguably the most important attribute for winning championships. With that being said, we are a very good defensive team and ball handling is not that hard to find tbh. The Lakers are in desperate need of three-point shooting and in my humble opinion, I believe they should make it a priority. In your not so humble opinion I guess, you feel the opposite, but whatever man that's fine, its a fan board.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1318955350406647808

"DeMar doesn’t like San Antonio and doesn’t want to be there."

- Anonymous agent on DeMar DeRozan
(Via The Athletic)

Green/Kuz/Cook (fully guaranteed) could get it done salary-wise

Pop has a hard-on for Kuz...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.silverscreenandroll.com/platform/amp/2019/11/6/20952630/lakers-news-gregg-popovich-big-fan-kyle-kuzma-manu-ginobili-comparison-team-usa

and Green...

https://www.givemesport.com/1357674-gregg-popovich-admits-it-was-tough-to-trade-danny-green-to-the-raptors

(bleep) 3buck chuck ball...that (bleep) got murked by us this postseason. Let’s embrace our size and the midrange and get the NBA out of “arcade mode” already!

Still prefer Cp3 or a point gawd tho!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject:

No on DeRozan.

Not having a 3 ball around Lebron/AD would be a huge weakness for a wing. I don't mind his game if I don't have Bron but since I already have a wing that is a great playmaker and creator, what I am looking for is a guy that can spot up around that wing, and also make some plays happen.

I easily pass on DeRozan. Even though we would be one of the few teams that actually would utilize his mid-range game. We literally would have to run him in the mid-range on every set in the offense he was out there. If we did not, teams would just leave him and blitz Bron. It was one of the fears ppl had with Rondo, but Rondo was so smart he figured out spots he could hit a 3 from and where the driving lanes were. Not to mention, Rondo creates offense as a PG.

DeRozan would have made sense if no-Bron/AD. If we're gonna go to a player in the mid-range, post etc. it has to be Bron/AD. And have guys play off that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject:

I prefer another 3rd option but if we had to settle for DeRozan, I wouldn’t be to upset, we have the right coaching staff to help him Improve his efficiency...
even though the Spurs rarely trade with us, I’m sure Pop would at least consider it cause he’s familiar with Green and built a nice relationship with Kuzma during Team USA camp.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
No on DeRozan.

Not having a 3 ball around Lebron/AD would be a huge weakness for a wing. I don't mind his game if I don't have Bron but since I already have a wing that is a great playmaker and creator, what I am looking for is a guy that can spot up around that wing, and also make some plays happen.

I easily pass on DeRozan. Even though we would be one of the few teams that actually would utilize his mid-range game. We literally would have to run him in the mid-range on every set in the offense he was out there. If we did not, teams would just leave him and blitz Bron. It was one of the fears ppl had with Rondo, but Rondo was so smart he figured out spots he could hit a 3 from and where the driving lanes were. Not to mention, Rondo creates offense as a PG.

DeRozan would have made sense if no-Bron/AD. If we're gonna go to a player in the mid-range, post etc. it has to be Bron/AD. And have guys play off that.
I agree 110%. That is the same way I felt about BI, before he developed a three-point shot. He is the type of player that you surround with shooters.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
No on DeRozan.

DeRozan would be a weak link defensively and that will become more of an issue comes playoff. Offensively , he’s an odd fit next to Lebron/AD because he does not provide spacing and need the ball to be effective. So his best role with us would be bench scoring as he lead the 2nd unit. The problem with that is Vogel like to utilize AD/ Lebron the whole game. If he buy out then we should get him.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject:

Quote:
ESPN reporting with @_andrew_lopez: Stan Van Gundy has agreed to a deal to become the next coach of the New Orleans Pelicans.

Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject:

Kuzma >> DeRozan
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:04 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
ESPN reporting with @_andrew_lopez: Stan Van Gundy has agreed to a deal to become the next coach of the New Orleans Pelicans.

SVG had a poor stint with Detroit, hopefully he studied about the modern NBA while he was away from basketball.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

SVG had a poor stint with Detroit, hopefully he studied about the modern NBA while he was away from basketball.

he was both, gm and head coach. he needs to focus on being head coach
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:09 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

he was both, gm and head coach. he needs to focus on being head coach

Yeah, he knows a lot of pressure is on him to deliver as HC.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:12 am    Post subject:

I'm a Never-Derozaner
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
King Randle wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Move on people

Lavine
Spencer
Dipo

Yeah three point shooting is only one aspect of the game. It is something that we need though. Dinwiddie is a good dribbler and Dipo could jump high and play defense, but those are also different aspects other than shooting. You seem to be prioritizing ball handling (Dinwddie) and defense (Dipo) over shooting. There is no question that those are also important attributes. Defesne is arguably the most important attribute for winning championships. With that being said, we are a very good defensive team and ball handling is not that hard to find tbh. The Lakers are in desperate need of three-point shooting and in my humble opinion, I believe they should make it a priority. In your not so humble opinion I guess, you feel the opposite, but whatever man that's fine, its a fan board.

KCP shot like 38.5 on his 3 ball and Buddy shot 39.4. Buddy is obviously much better shooter and better individual player offensively but the game is played at both ends. KCP is pretty good on ball defender and team defender as well. For 84 million and busting the cap space , Buddy is not worth it. He does not even have that impact to be a game changer. Queens have way better record when he’s not starting.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:19 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

He had no shooters in Detroit. With the Magic, they were always one of the top shooting teams in the league. I think he’ll do well with the pelicans
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
King Randle wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Move on people

Lavine
Spencer
Dipo

KCP shot like 38.5 on his 3 ball and Buddy shot 39.4. Buddy is obviously much better shooter and better individual player offensively but the game is played at both ends. KCP is pretty good on ball defender and team defender as well. For 84 million and busting the cap space , Buddy is not worth it. He does not even have that impact to be a game changer. Queens have way better record when he’s not starting.
Buddy does it on very high volume though. Also, he has very deep range. Three-point percentage doesn't tell the whole story.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4863, 4864, 4865 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4864 of 8560
Jump to: