OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4864, 4865, 4866 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jT-9I7W5ivA

Quote:
”If Bucks can’t keep Giannis, he’s going to the Lakers or Heat.”

- Paul Pierce

I was this close 👌 to prematurely starting a Giannis to the Lakers thread, but since it’s coming from Mr. Wheelchair, it’s just bad juju.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
No on DeRozan.

Not having a 3 ball around Lebron/AD would be a huge weakness for a wing. I don't mind his game if I don't have Bron but since I already have a wing that is a great playmaker and creator, what I am looking for is a guy that can spot up around that wing, and also make some plays happen.

DeRozan would have made sense if no-Bron/AD. If we're gonna go to a player in the mid-range, post etc. it has to be Bron/AD. And have guys play off that.

But isn’t that same argument against Jimmy Butler not being considered a 3 ball player?

I would’ve loved Jimmy with LeBron and AD.

Last edited by Lonzo-Lite on Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
CRoost wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
King Randle wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
People still hanging on to Darren collision dream like hoping their ex comes back after dumping them

Move on people
LOL, nah it doesn't necessarily need to be Collison as the backup PG for CP. Just somebody on a minimum contract that could take fill in for 12-15 mpg. It most likely wouldn't be Rondo to fill that backup PG role for CP.

I don't know if you want CP3 or hoping....because honestly I don't think there's a any chance we get him and we shouldn't want him, considering he's owed $85 million for 2 years...killing our cap for 2021.

there are many other options i prefer over going with CP3
Lavine
Spencer
Dipo

this keeps our depth intact as well
Lavine is the best of those three. I would prefer not to trade for Dinwiddie or Dipo because of their below average three point shooting.

3pt shooting is only 1aspect of the game.

no to buddy hield and his bloated 4year contract:86m and 106 with incentives. takes us out of every free agency for next 4 years
Yeah three point shooting is only one aspect of the game. It is something that we need though. Dinwiddie is a good dribbler and Dipo could jump high and play defense, but those are also different aspects other than shooting. You seem to be prioritizing ball handling (Dinwddie) and defense (Dipo) over shooting. There is no question that those are also important attributes. Defesne is arguably the most important attribute for winning championships. With that being said, we are a very good defensive team and ball handling is not that hard to find tbh. The Lakers are in desperate need of three-point shooting and in my humble opinion, I believe they should make it a priority. In your not so humble opinion I guess, you feel the opposite, but whatever man that's fine, its a fan board.

KCP shot like 38.5 on his 3 ball and Buddy shot 39.4. Buddy is obviously much better shooter and better individual player offensively but the game is played at both ends. KCP is pretty good on ball defender and team defender as well. For 84 million and busting the cap space , Buddy is not worth it. He does not even have that impact to be a game changer. Queens have way better record when he’s not starting.
Buddy does it on very high volume though. Also, he has very deep range. Three-point percentage doesn't tell the whole story.

That’s half of the story. Can Buddy play like KCP defensively?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Quote:

- Paul Pierce

I was this close 👌 to prematurely starting a Giannis to the Lakers thread, but since it’s coming from Mr. Wheelchair, it’s just bad juju.

Only way we would know we have a chance at Giannis is if we only offer 1 year contracts to FAs, if we offer 2 year deals then we are prioritizing the 2022 cap plan.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Quote:

- Paul Pierce

He meant Celtics. Never trust that flail bish on the wheelchair.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:47 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
King Randle wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
People still hanging on to Darren collision dream like hoping their ex comes back after dumping them

Move on people
LOL, nah it doesn't necessarily need to be Collison as the backup PG for CP. Just somebody on a minimum contract that could take fill in for 12-15 mpg. It most likely wouldn't be Rondo to fill that backup PG role for CP.

I don't know if you want CP3 or hoping....because honestly I don't think there's a any chance we get him and we shouldn't want him, considering he's owed $85 million for 2 years...killing our cap for 2021.

there are many other options i prefer over going with CP3
Lavine
Spencer
Dipo

this keeps our depth intact as well
Lavine is the best of those three. I would prefer not to trade for Dinwiddie or Dipo because of their below average three point shooting.

3pt shooting is only 1aspect of the game.

no to buddy hield and his bloated 4year contract:86m and 106 with incentives. takes us out of every free agency for next 4 years
Yeah three point shooting is only one aspect of the game. It is something that we need though. Dinwiddie is a good dribbler and Dipo could jump high and play defense, but those are also different aspects other than shooting. You seem to be prioritizing ball handling (Dinwddie) and defense (Dipo) over shooting. There is no question that those are also important attributes. Defesne is arguably the most important attribute for winning championships. With that being said, we are a very good defensive team and ball handling is not that hard to find tbh. The Lakers are in desperate need of three-point shooting and in my humble opinion, I believe they should make it a priority. In your not so humble opinion I guess, you feel the opposite, but whatever man that's fine, its a fan board.

A team that just tore through the playoffs and won the championship doesn't desperately need anything.

This formula worked. Upgrading a weakness such as 3pt shooting or ball handling/penetration should not be at the cost of their defense.

No one should be traded for if they won't be in our best defensive lineup aka our best lineup.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:48 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
No on DeRozan.

Not having a 3 ball around Lebron/AD would be a huge weakness for a wing. I don't mind his game if I don't have Bron but since I already have a wing that is a great playmaker and creator, what I am looking for is a guy that can spot up around that wing, and also make some plays happen.

DeRozan would have made sense if no-Bron/AD. If we're gonna go to a player in the mid-range, post etc. it has to be Bron/AD. And have guys play off that.

But isn’t that same argument against Jimmy Butler not being considered a 3 ball player?

Jimmy was my #2 guy after Kawhi. He would have been phenomenal and we would have an extended window.
Gepetto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:48 am    Post subject:

I wonder if Joe Harris would be interested in playing with Bron & AD instead of KD and the most famous Flat-Earther in the league. MLE probably doesn't get it done, but what about a S&T? Danny Green & the #28 should be enough for Brooklyn if they know he wants to leave anyway. We could start him at 15 million or a little more.

MLE can be for an attacking guard, or maybe Aron Baynes
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject:

How is Joe Harris on defense?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:52 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
No on DeRozan.

Yes. Same weakness.

Unlike DeRozan though.
Jimmy could have focused on D, playmaking, set up man, leadership.

I do not like the mix of a high usage ballhandling wing that can not shoot from outside and Bron/AD.

DLO over Butler last off-season, and would keep that same preference if it came down to building a team around AD and Bron.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:55 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:52 am    Post subject:

Gepetto wrote:
I wonder if Joe Harris would be interested in playing with Bron & AD instead of KD and the most famous Flat-Earther in the league. MLE probably doesn't get it done, but what about a S&T? Danny Green & the #28 should be enough for Brooklyn if they know he wants to leave anyway. We could start him at 15 million or a little more.

Would love Joe Harris, dude is a sniper from 3, Yeah only way we can get him is via S&T but I read yesterday that there is gonna be multiple teams willing to give him a nice contract so who knows?
Maginka
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject:

I think Kostas winning here and telling Giannis about the family culture the organization has, as well as Jason Kidd being here might be giving the Lakers an in....maybe all that rooting for the Lakers is leaking into his subconcious
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject:

Maginka wrote:
I think Kostas winning here and telling Giannis about the family culture the organization has, as well as Jason Kidd being here might be giving the Lakers an in....maybe all that rooting for the Lakers is leaking into his subconcious

If we didn’t have LeBron I’d say we would have a very good shot at landing him, but joining AD and LeBron doesn’t seem likely.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

not that good
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

not that good

Makes Kuzma look like All NBA Defense 1st team
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject:

Oh man. Not a Vogel player then.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject:

FUUCKK PAUL PIERCE!
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject:

Gepetto wrote:

Baynes would be a solid pickup.

I prefer Marcus Morris... to have both brothers on our team... rugged players that can hit the three, defend, etc.

My alternate options for the MLE... Harris, Clarkson, Dragic.
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 am    Post subject:

If we get Greek i could see how facing the Nets next few years!

Durant/Irving/Levert/Dinwiddie/Jordan

VS

Bradley/KCP/LeBron/Greek/Anthony Davis
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Oh man. Not a Vogel player then.

Hard for someone to crack 20 plus minutes on his rotation without playing solid defense. For a situational shooter, I’m looking at guys like Crabbe etc. he already got paid and has a down year. I think he can be bargain and someone who can outplay his contract and he’s only 27.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:25 pm    Post subject:

I'd put more money on Giannis eventually going to Phoenix, Golden State, Miami or Dallas than us. We're not getting him in free agency next summer - that plan is gone. Only way it happens is another offseason (if say he signs a short term deal next summer) or if we somehow can trade for him (which we can't do for the foreseeable future).

Other trade targets I would look at for now (in addition to Oladipo, CP3 and Rose) are Dinwiddie, Rubio and Rozier. Rubio shot 36% from 3 last year. He's also had a + DPM basically his entire career.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject:

I definitely can see Giannis coming here. There's a reason his brother is in this roster, LeGM playing chess.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject:

C - AD
PF - Giannis
SF - LBJ
PG - CP3
SG - KCP

Floor spacing and lux tax be dammed!

Last edited by MookieBetts50 on Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Unless we got some concrete evidence, we should not concern ourselves with Giannis Antetokounmpo (yes I spelled his full name 😝). Adding an All-Star wing to play along Lebron and AD should be our top priority. If that doesn’t happen, then we look at younger “maybe” star like Oubre. When that doesn’t happen, we can take a flyer on a Josh Jackson.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
C - AD
PF - Giannis
SF - LBJ
PG - CP3
SG - KCP

Floor spacing and lux tax be dammed!

KCP will have a big cap hold by the team he’s a free agent again in that event. The real lineup would go something like this with expected development.

Alex Caruso
Talen Horton-Tucker
Lebron James
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Anthony Davis

The flexibility of this hypothetical lineup is insane. Especially the further development of Caruso and THT. I have hopes that the 28th pick we use this draft will further our depth in the long term future. As well as the pick in 2021 (that pick is 8-30 protected, so we will most likely keep that pick as well) to make our team younger and keep the depth young and strong.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4864, 4865, 4866 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4865 of 8560
Jump to: