OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4881, 4882, 4883 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
can we just all agree to stop posting Beal trades on here?

kuzma/green/28th for giannis

Kuzma/green +/- 28th for K.Oubre
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Too much for oubre and I like him
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:22 pm    Post subject:

monster_montego wrote:
logical24 wrote:
Would Kieff tell his brother Marcus to come to the Lakers for a cheap contract?

I've been suggesting that this (by a very longshot) might be a possibility. The allure of being an LA Laker, playing with LBJ and AD, tight knit squad, playing on the same team....

MLE split between the Morris brothers, BAE to Dwight, vet min to Boogie,
S+T KCP, Kuz and McGee for another impact player. Re-sign Rondo

Bradley, Rondo, _______
Green, Caruso, THT
LBJ, Marcus, ________
AD, Kieff, Dudley
D39, Boogie

Yeah Marcus would be a big pickup, rather than spit I think he takes the whole MLE since half is basically 1M less than the BAE. Kieff takes that and hopefully Howard takes the 120% (around 3M).

I hadn't considered KCP in a S&T. Not many teams can pay him, but if the right team with a stud guard values him and he agrees it's possible. I'd rather have him back with Bird rights and swap Danny with Kuz for a solid guard.

This sounds wild but KCP or Green, Kuz, McGee & 28 to the Wolves for DLO. A Kuzma for Russell swap started by a Ball brother.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
governator wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Too much for oubre and I like him

He’s an expiring contract too
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
dfchang813 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Word.

But I admit they make me giggle like a little schoolgirl when I read them so I am entertained.

He is a free agent after 2022 season when all we have on the books will be AD. Maybe he comes to LA to win a chip with AD then. 😂

Where is Lebron going?

His contract is finished and he’ll be 38 years old. He isn’t signing for 45 million dollars to lose and he knows it. If he wants to retire as a Laker I expect him to take a pay cut and more team friendly contract to get that second max player in to keep winning rings.

That’s my fantasy at least. 😂😂
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:11 pm    Post subject:

'Tis the season for (hopefully) thought provoking trade ideas. How about this one:

Horford, Thybulle and a 2021 1st to the Lakers for Green, Bradley and McGee.

Philly cuts $6M from their cap this year and $30 million over two years. Green spaces for Embiid and Simmons, Bradley (who is loved by Doc) takes Thybulle's role, and McGee gives them a reserve big. Davis and Horford pair nicely in the frontcourt (spacing, defense, intelligence), Thybulle gives you a strong and developing wing defender, and the pick in '21 opens up the ability to trade future 1sts.

(If we felt we needed Bradley while moving Green, you could swap AB for Cook/28).
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
AD23 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Orlando might be a decent trading partner.

They have Even Fournier who will likely opt in to his $17.5mm deal.

Lakers Kuz + Green + 28th for Fournier + 15th overall pick?

So The lakers get the best player in the trade and also move up 13 spots in the draft. Delusional.

Depends what teams are looking for. Magic get the rights to Kuz if they like him.

Magic likes players who are athletic and can't shoot like Gordon/Isaac/their last year lotto pick

Kuzma is anti that...so no

What? Kuzma IS that. Its a bad trade for Orlando and that alone is the reason why it wouldnt happen.

Kuzma is as athletic as Gordan/Isaac?

You said athletic, not athletic like Gordon and Isaac. You and your hot takes
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
'Tis the season for (hopefully) thought provoking trade ideas. How about this one:

Horford, Thybulle and a 2021 1st to the Lakers for Green, Bradley and McGee.

Philly cuts $6M from their cap this year and $30 million over two years. Green spaces for Embiid and Simmons, Bradley (who is loved by Doc) takes Thybulle's role, and McGee gives them a reserve big. Davis and Horford pair nicely in the frontcourt (spacing, defense, intelligence), Thybulle gives you a strong and developing wing defender, and the pick in '21 opens up the ability to trade future 1sts.

(If we felt we needed Bradley while moving Green, you could swap AB for Cook/28).

Well that deal is for sure provoking. Horford's deal and age make him almost untradeable. Thybulle isn't worth dumping your cap space plan.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:01 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
AD23 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
AD23 wrote:

So The lakers get the best player in the trade and also move up 13 spots in the draft. Delusional.

Depends what teams are looking for. Magic get the rights to Kuz if they like him.

Magic likes players who are athletic and can't shoot like Gordon/Isaac/their last year lotto pick

Kuzma is anti that...so no

What? Kuzma IS that. Its a bad trade for Orlando and that alone is the reason why it wouldnt happen.

Kuzma is as athletic as Gordan/Isaac?

You said athletic, not athletic like Gordon and Isaac. You and your hot takes

Man get ur reading glasses on and read again. Maybe that will help you

Quote:

epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Remember how many of us wanted patty B last year? Good times
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:34 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

Not unless u r tupac
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Not unless u r tupac

Yea, u were in love with Patty
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:04 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Not unless u r tupac

Yea, u were in love with Patty

Lol

Last edited by Jesusdelonla on Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:17 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^
Oladipo is more high-risk than CP3 is, to me. Take their contracts out of it: I know CP3 is a Hall Of Fame player who was great last season, and that Oladipo has essentially had one outlier-great season and has been mediocre-to-OK in every other season of his career. And despite CP3's injury history, I would argue that Oladipo's recent injury history (the one catastrophic leg injury) is more problematic.

Perfect summary- well stated my friend.

But how do you take the contracts out of it?

It effects the decision immensely. The Paul contract directly impacts the ability to fill out the roster for at least two years.

JMO but neither is worth the risk.

I guess I could have worded that differently. Yes, the contract is a factor, in that it might keep you from retaining certain players from this past season's team or it might keep you from using certain exceptions for next year's team. I was trying to illustrate that if you take the contract part out of it for a moment, you're getting a player whose worst season (a couple of years ago with Houston) was still far better than any season Oladipo has ever produced, save for the lone outlier season by him, and that last year he was fantastic and that Oladipo's injury history is actually more scary to me.

The contract is a factor. I'm not looking past that. But I don't think it's a factor in the sense that "oh, he's making too much money." I don't care about that. There are virtually no avenues to acquiring premium talent and this could be one of them. The issue would be the type of team for the next two years that we could put around LeBron, AD, and CP3. I get that and it's a fair point.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:20 am    Post subject:

I think the focus of the team should be to add more situational match up FAs. Guys like Dwight were so valuable because of what he could do against Joker. And in some situations. Same with Morris. If we can re-sign the FAs to make our playoff championship rotation in tact, then I would really focus on evaluating guys like Cousins, Waiters vs other vet min prospects. The Lakers are not getting a 3rd star anytime soon, IMO. What we need to focus on is to get as many good role players as possible around AD/Bron.

One of the needs I saw we had, was a wing defender on the likes of Jimmy Butler. Asking Anthony Davis and Bron to take those guys every time down, is a tall task for guys carrying the O as well. Plus switches, the teams find ways to switch Bron/AD off their wing, so they can get a weaker defender. This is why Kuzma's development is so critical. So one need I would definitely focus on is having someone in FA who is a good wing defender.

The other need I would like is, a vet FA who can space the floor as a Center. McGee was out of the playoff rotation. Dwight was exceptional on the glass and defensively on his man, but could be taken out of the game by the opponent. Morris can not be, but he is a bit undersized. So to me someone like Cousins has value here, and if not Cousins, we need someone with Center size, with ability to space the floor.

Finally, a 3rd attacking point guard that attacks different from Rondo/Bron.

Hopefully:

Dwight/Cousins or a stretch 5 FA (AD will play a lot of 5)
AD/Kuzma (Bron can slide over to 4, when Rondo is in)
KCP/Green/THT
Caruso/Bradley/Defensive wing FA
Bron/Rondo/Point Guard FA

Wonder if we get some bargains in FA, with regards to vet FAs looking for a title run. We should try our best to first re-sign our own FAs before we look for big signings in FA. But getting vet FAs in bargain deals is how we won this (bleep) (Dwight. Morris. Rondo etc). We need to keep doing that!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:25 am    Post subject:

When I have time, I wanna make a list of all the 3nD wings that are out there, via FA, and then all the stretch Bigs. Then, attacking point guards.

The ones that will be available for cheap, in FA, the Lakers need to jump on. 3 Vet min signings hopefully can be spread out between those 3 needs. We may already have one of them, in Cousins, if he is healthy.

Vogel has shown he will adjust his lineup and strategy based on match ups. He understands completely how to use AD/Bron and role guys. Lets just give him every possible option. And lets also prepare for in case there are injuries, we need rest Bron/AD, and also most importantly situational match ups in the playoffs. How freaking important was Morris in the Houston series, Dwight in the Denver series etc. Or Rondo. These were all vet min guys. Don't underestimate the importance of picking up the smaller names in FAs who won't get paid big. Lakers win more with those moves than using a full MLE on a guy that won't play a big role in the offense.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject:

Caruso would be better with the starters where he thrives with LeBron and gives us a quick start. He can set the tone on the defensive side and keep Bron fresh.

Sign Harkless
Sign Morris
Sign Baynes (shot 40+ from 3, tough guy)
Sign Duds

Take a look at burke the PG from Dallas..He might get overpaid but if he is cheap again GET HIM. The guy was a bucket and even started in the playoffs for dallas some games.

PG.Caruso / Bradley
SG.KCP / Green / Elijah Hughes
SF.LeBron / Harkless / Jaden McDaniels
PF.Davis / Morris / Dudley
C.Dwight / Baynes / Kostas Antetokounmpo

Luckily we can move green to the bench where I think he will kill it. I think he is too old and slow to be guarding starting SGs and PGs. He will come off the bench and have fresh legs to hit a few threes and get out the game .

Bradley will the best back-up PG in the league.

That leaves us 3 holes on the bench. SG, PF, C.

Trades and draft:

Trade Kuzma + THT for a 18-25 pick and draft Jaden McDaniels 6"10 SF. With our 28th pick Elijah Hughes. We get these guys for cheap and bodies to throw at big wings.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:

Orl isn't giving up a pick in a realistic deal, but Fournier for Kuz, Green + 28 could make sense for both sides.

It would come down to how Vogel felt about Fournier's defense. He coached him in Orlando, so he'd know very well whether his defense would be passable/solid enough to be a good fit on this team.

On offense, Fournier would help create a ton of space for Lebron and AD with his range.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
Caruso would be better with the starters where he thrives with LeBron and gives us a quick start. He can set the tone on the defensive side and keep Bron fresh.

Sign Harkless
Sign Morris
Sign Baynes (shot 40+ from 3, tough guy)
Sign Duds

Take a look at burke the PG from Dallas..He might get overpaid but if he is cheap again GET HIM. The guy was a bucket and even started in the playoffs for dallas some games.

PG.Caruso / Bradley
SG.KCP / Green / Elijah Hughes
SF.LeBron / Harkless / Jaden McDaniels
PF.Davis / Morris / Dudley
C.Dwight / Baynes / Kostas Antetokounmpo

Luckily we can move green to the bench where I think he will kill it. I think he is too old and slow to be guarding starting SGs and PGs. He will come off the bench and have fresh legs to hit a few threes and get out the game .

Bradley will the best back-up PG in the league.

That leaves us 3 holes on the bench. SG, PF, C.

Trades and draft:

Trade Kuzma + THT for a 18-25 pick and draft Jaden McDaniels 6"10 SF. With our 28th pick Elijah Hughes. We get these guys for cheap and bodies to throw at big wings.

Baynes is going to sign here to back up Dwight when he can be starting elsewhere? Dwight will likely take part of the MLE himself.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject:

Quote:

No. I wouldn't draft a high USG, high turnover dude that takes difficult shots all the time and may not have the frame for NBA strength.

Absolutely no on any Syracuse players.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:37 am    Post subject:

Only way I see the Lakers signing Baynes If we don’t sign Dwight. I rather keep Dwight. Baynes will also cost more.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:52 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

No. I wouldn't draft a high USG, high turnover dude that takes difficult shots all the time and may not have the frame for NBA strength.

Absolutely no on any Syracuse players.

Rolling the dice on crap shoot of drafting is counterproductive for a win now mode. Even it it pans out , it takes years before they put it together and become an impact player especially for that 18-25 pick. Years that neither Lebron and AD have that luxury.

The only way for our team to keep KCP, Rondo, Dwight and Kief get rewarded for nice 2 year contract and also have the chance to have both MLE and BAE is to dump Green and our 1st round pick to team with cap space like Atlanta who need 3 ball and defense and get at least a 2nd rounder next year. In that way, Vogel will have more minutes for Caruso and Kuz while getting THT into rotation for their development.
LastStand 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject:

I’ve always been big on Evan Fournier. Used to be my #1 trade suggestion at a previous forum I was at. Every year lol. I think he’s like klay thompson light. Not as good but does similar things with similar size. He’d be a huge acquisition that no one would talk about in the media but would make the difference.

Smart passer, sniper shooter who doesn’t need the ball. But is athletic enough and can create for himself if needed

He’d make this team unbeatable. Him and KCP in the backcourt is more than enough spacing and length. I wonder if there’s a cheaper way to acquire him though. I wouldn’t want to lose kuzma and #28 as those are really our only ways of acquiring someone not currently in our value range

But I like Fournier a lot. He’s reachable and a consistent 15-18ppg guy

And has a good contract for us. It’s def worth looking at

If you brought in Fournier and brought back rondo, Howard, Morris, and KCP

That’s a huge leap in offensive output going into next season.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:45 am    Post subject:

LastStand 2.0 wrote:
I’ve always been big on Evan Fournier. Used to be my #1 trade suggestion at a previous forum I was at. Every year lol. I think he’s like klay thompson light. Not as good but does similar things with similar size. He’d be a huge acquisition that no one would talk about in the media but would make the difference.

Smart passer, sniper shooter who doesn’t need the ball. But is athletic enough and can create for himself if needed

He’d make this team unbeatable. Him and KCP in the backcourt is more than enough spacing and length. I wonder if there’s a cheaper way to acquire him though. I wouldn’t want to lose kuzma and #28 as those are really our only ways of acquiring someone not currently in our value range

But I like Fournier a lot. He’s reachable and a consistent 15-18ppg guy

And has a good contract for us. It’s def worth looking at

If you brought in Fournier and brought back rondo, Howard, Morris, and KCP

That’s a huge leap in offensive output going into next season.

Good thing the French population is pretty large in L.A. so the transition will be smooth.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject:

No one talking about the potential Zach LaVine for Michael Porter Jr trade that is gaining steam? Nuggets would become the biggest threat to repeating next year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4881, 4882, 4883 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4882 of 8560
Jump to: