OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4882, 4883, 4884 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
No one talking about the potential Zach LaVine for Michael Porter Jr trade that is gaining steam? Nuggets would become the biggest threat to repeating next year.

Where did you see this?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:54 am    Post subject:

https://ontapsportsnet.com/2020/10/21/will-zach-lavine-be-traded-to-the-nuggets/
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject:

Zach Lowe supposedly reported about the potential deal.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
No one talking about the potential Zach LaVine for Michael Porter Jr trade that is gaining steam? Nuggets would become the biggest threat to repeating next year.

Where did you see this?

Because we're not worried about players that can't defend.

I'm more worried about MPJ than Zach.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:06 pm    Post subject:

What do you guys think our roster will look like come start of the season realistic rosters please .
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
logical24 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Where did you see this?

Not sure the word worried should be used, there has been stuff coming out about Porter Jr having attitude issues, the kid has talent, but like most young players in the NBA they aren’t perfect, LaVine is thirsty for winning basketball and we should definitely be worried if the trade goes down.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
When I have time, I wanna make a list of all the 3nD wings that are out there, via FA, and then all the stretch Bigs. Then, attacking point guards.

The ones that will be available for cheap, in FA, the Lakers need to jump on. 3 Vet min signings hopefully can be spread out between those 3 needs. We may already have one of them, in Cousins, if he is healthy.

Vogel has shown he will adjust his lineup and strategy based on match ups. He understands completely how to use AD/Bron and role guys. Lets just give him every possible option. And lets also prepare for in case there are injuries, we need rest Bron/AD, and also most importantly situational match ups in the playoffs. How freaking important was Morris in the Houston series, Dwight in the Denver series etc. Or Rondo. These were all vet min guys. Don't underestimate the importance of picking up the smaller names in FAs who won't get paid big. Lakers win more with those moves than using a full MLE on a guy that won't play a big role in the offense.

Totally agree in giving Vogel the flexibility in setting his lineups. Trying to find vets at the minimum who can be solid rotational/impact players are few and far between. Dwight and Rondo were exceptions as they were unwanted due to locker room issues.

I have had the following as potential vet min players.

Kent Bazemore
Bruno Caboclo
Efrid Payton - longshot for min and needs to be bought out by NYK
Emmanuel Mudiay

They all in one form or another need the opportunity to re-establish their rep in the league.

With a change of scenery and playing along side LBJ, AD and with the coaching and developmental staff they could fit as solid role players.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
logical24 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Where did you see this?

Not sure the word worried should be used, there has been stuff coming out about Porter Jr having attitude issues, the kid has talent, but like most young players in the NBA they aren’t perfect, LaVine is thirsty for winning basketball and we should definitely be worried if the trade goes down.

IG don't make stuff up bro
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
logical24 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Where did you see this?

You sure?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thebiglead.com/posts/michael-porter-jr-draft-drop-back-problems-01ehwvtcwzck/amp
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Zach Lavine won't do well behind both Murray and Jokic. Michael Porter Junior is a stud and he'll thrive in the future, a lot of teams are worried about him as Denver's third guy going into the future. It won't change with Zach there but what might change is that Zach might develop "attitude problems" when denied so many opportunities
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Harry Giles would be nice on a 1 year contract. He appears to have recovered his athleticism lost from his injury and he is very skilled. Cost?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
logical24 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Where did you see this?

You sure?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thebiglead.com/posts/michael-porter-jr-draft-drop-back-problems-01ehwvtcwzck/amp

100% sure.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
logical24 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Where did you see this?

You sure?

100% sure.

Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Except Denver values him just under Nikola Jokic and Jamal Murray. Reportedly, he's been viewed as untouchable in trade talks.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Karmaloop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Except Denver values him just under Nikola Jokic and Jamal Murray. Reportedly, he's been viewed as untouchable in trade talks.

Here is the thing, we have no idea how good MPJ will be even though we all know he’s gonna be a stud in this league, LaVine is more proven and is more likely ready to help a contender next year get over the hump.
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
When I have time, I wanna make a list of all the 3nD wings that are out there, via FA, and then all the stretch Bigs. Then, attacking point guards.

The ones that will be available for cheap, in FA, the Lakers need to jump on. 3 Vet min signings hopefully can be spread out between those 3 needs. We may already have one of them, in Cousins, if he is healthy.

Vogel has shown he will adjust his lineup and strategy based on match ups. He understands completely how to use AD/Bron and role guys. Lets just give him every possible option. And lets also prepare for in case there are injuries, we need rest Bron/AD, and also most importantly situational match ups in the playoffs. How freaking important was Morris in the Houston series, Dwight in the Denver series etc. Or Rondo. These were all vet min guys. Don't underestimate the importance of picking up the smaller names in FAs who won't get paid big. Lakers win more with those moves than using a full MLE on a guy that won't play a big role in the offense.

Totally agree in giving Vogel the flexibility in setting his lineups. Trying to find vets at the minimum who can be solid rotational/impact players are few and far between. Dwight and Rondo were exceptions as they were unwanted due to locker room issues.

I have had the following as potential vet min players.

Kent Bazemore
Bruno Caboclo
Efrid Payton - longshot for min and needs to be bought out by NYK
Emmanuel Mudiay

They all in one form or another need the opportunity to re-establish their rep in the league.

With a change of scenery and playing along side LBJ, AD and with the coaching and developmental staff they could fit as solid role players.

I like this. If the Lakers lose Rondo they’ll gonna need a solid back up PG. Bradley could be out too. At least Caruso has proven himself to be a player.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Elfrid Payton has been linked with the Lakers since he came to the NBA, fans always bring him up as a possibility even though nothing materializes.. kinda like Taj Gibson.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Here is the thing, we have no idea how good MPJ will be even though we all know he’s gonna be a stud in this league, LaVine is more proven and is more likely ready to help a contender next year get over the hump.

I honestly don't know whether I'd do that trade TBH. I like them both a lot xD
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I honestly don't know whether I'd do that trade TBH. I like them both a lot xD

I’m skeptical. I live in Denver and the general feeling in most talk radio and “team sources” I have heard are all positive about Porter. His growth and potential is why Milsap is likely moving on from Denver.

Also all the articles I found suggesting the trade were CHI based.

The biggest trade rumors seem more interest in a Jrue Holiday addition to the team.

Interesting proposal but does not seem a good fit for the Nuggets. But this time of year who knows what craziness happens across the league.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject:

I read an excerpt coming out of the Governor’s meeting posted by clutch44 that the cap could drop $3-12 mil next season. Yikes.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I read an excerpt coming out of the Governor’s meeting posted by clutch44 that the cap could drop $3-12 mil next season. Yikes.

No full MLE for Lakers if so.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

If cap falls that much they will have amnesty clause
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject:

A Porter for Lavine trade would need to include a lot more out-going salary from Denver - either Gary Harris or Will Barton.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:34 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Ouch !
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

If cap falls that much they will have amnesty clause

True that. Amnesty clause will save a lot of teams from luxury taxes. Win - win on everyone . Players that get amnestied still getting paid, owners avoiding luxury taxes and more teams will be more flexible even with the lower cap space. That can resolve a lot of issues temporarily while things get normalized after the vaccine.

If it happens , I can see DG getting amnestied.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4882, 4883, 4884 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4883 of 8560
Jump to: