OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4884, 4885, 4886 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Elfrid Payton has been linked with the Lakers since he came to the NBA, fans always bring him up as a possibility even though nothing materializes.. kinda like Taj Gibson.

Modern day Marcus Banks.

Bender
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Pretty confident JC Will be back.

Oh nooo 😞 id hope not. I wouldnt want him running our offense as PG, and as a SG, theres way better options. Id rather have Reg Jackson, B Knight or Napier than see Clarkson
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:47 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
What do you guys think our roster will look like come start of the season realistic rosters please .

Realistic? Well people have us getting both Morris brothers, Mo, trading for Paul plus keeping KCP, Rondo and Howard. Basically they are insane.

Realistic?

Definitely:
1) James
2) Davis (will resign)”
3) Avery (will opt-in)
4) Alex C
5) Rondo (back with a slight raise)
6) Cousins (one year contract to prove he is healthy)
7) Cook

Likely Back:
8) Waiters - scoring pinch off bench. Won’t get a big deal from anyone yet
9) McGee opts-in, don’t think anyone will want in trade
10) THT - dont think he will be part of any trades

Likely FA:
11) Melo- signs for cheap to get a ring and will be guaranteed minutes at both 3/4
12) Trade piece for Green/Kuz and 28th pick
13) A Nerlens Noel type big for insurance in case Cousins can’t play
14) another guard depending on what trade nets us for Green and Kuz. Likely a swing guard that can play both SG and PG (but won’t be a fancy signing. Someone like Evan Turner for example)
15) Ideally fill spot with a player like Hollis-Jefferson for defense. But I am wondering if they leave this spot open for buyout. But I bet they fill it because of Cooks contract and if they cut mid season, won’t cost much at all.

Likely gone:
1) KCP - will get paid this offseason. 12-16m a season for multiple years
2) Howard - will get more years than we are willing to give
3) Morris - will her more years than we are willing to pay/give
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I read an excerpt coming out of the Governor’s meeting posted by clutch44 that the cap could drop $3-12 mil next season. Yikes.

No full MLE for Lakers if so.

If cap falls that much they will have amnesty clause

True that. Amnesty clause will save a lot of teams from luxury taxes. Win - win on everyone . Players that get amnestied still getting paid, owners avoiding luxury taxes and more teams will be more flexible even with the lower cap space. That can resolve a lot of issues temporarily while things get normalized after the vaccine.

If it happens , I can see DG getting amnestied.

DG has value around the league. We don't need to amnesty him

Funny enough, I wonder if Chris Paul gets amnestied if the amnesty clause happens.

Now that would be something.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject:

imo GSW should trade wiggins for DeRozan and the pick for Serge Ibaka idk if the salaries work but this team

PG.Curry
SG.Klay
SF.Derozan
PF.Green
C.Serge

Could compete with anyone. Derozan could play his natural position which is ball handler with 2 DEADLY shooters. Look at butler with those two rookies.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:11 am    Post subject:

BLF2145 wrote:
logical24 wrote:
What do you guys think our roster will look like come start of the season realistic rosters please .

Realistic? Well people have us getting both Morris brothers, Mo, trading for Paul plus keeping KCP, Rondo and Howard. Basically they are insane.

Realistic?

Definitely:
1) James
2) Davis (will resign)”
3) Avery (will opt-in)
4) Alex C
7) Cook

Likely Back:

Likely FA:
11) Melo- signs for cheap to get a ring and will be guaranteed minutes at both 3/4
14) another guard depending on what trade nets us for Green and Kuz. Likely a swing guard that can play both SG and PG (but won’t be a fancy signing. Someone like Evan Turner for example)
15) Ideally fill spot with a player like Hollis-Jefferson for defense. But I am wondering if they leave this spot open for buyout. But I bet they fill it because of Cooks contract and if they cut mid season, won’t cost much at all.

Likely gone:

You're obviously misinformed....KCP will be back 3-4 years at $30-40 million...Howard will be back on a 1 or 2 year deal at $3 million per year (He will not play like he did for us focus on defense, screens, rolls to the basket on another team). Green and McGee will be actively shopped for trades...Kuz too depending on the package. No way Melo comes here, better chance he goes back to NY. And Boogie would have to be a non-guaranteed deal due to his constant injuries.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:04 am    Post subject:

A few vet min names that I think the Lakers may have a look at.

Dellavedova. As a 3rd string PG. I dunno if he can still play. A few years ago, he could, and was quite a role player. He would take Cook's spot on the roster. But he would need to prove he can still play.

Courtney Lee. If the Lakers move Green at some point, he is a decent Green replacement. Even if we do not move Green as I expect we won't, I think Lee has some value as a 3nD bench guy. He would take Waiters spot on the roster. I like Waiters scoring ability, but if you are thinking about playing off AD/Bron, Lee has way more role player value than Waiters.

Michael Carter-Williams. Point Guard talent, again 3rd string, would take Cook's role. However with Rondo, Kidd, Bron as mentors. This guy may find a niche with this team that he could not elsewhere.

Melo. I know, it's Melo. But in Portland he showed some real improvements in his body and effort. He would be replacing Dudley's role, only he could be relied on a bit more. And, you would probably have some flexibility to move Kuzma for another need.

DeMarcus Cousins. Been talked about in another thread. Not many players in the league with his skillset and size. He has legit 5 size, but can play like a guard. He is a stretch 5, that can play some point Center as well. He has a lot of talent, and while he would not be a guy I sign to be a core player. I certainly would not have an issue with him taking a 3rd string role on the team, and working his way up to being a backup or 7 minute a half starter.

Kent Bazemore. Not sure Kent will be available for the vet min, but if he is, I would definitely look at him and Courtney Lee as 3nD options. You're talking replacing JR Smith or Waiters, here.

Marco Belinelli. We tried a shooter like this with Troy Daniels, last year. It wasn't very successful, but I suspect we want to get some go to options off the bench in the regular season when Bron/AD rest a lot more. And you don't have playoff Rondo. When this is the case, having a guy you can run some set plays for to get open looks is good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:07 am    Post subject:

^^ Lot of moving parts this offseason, add in likely drop in salary cap, more games with empty stadiums, maybe even another bubble playoffs....

I agree I think KCP gets $10-12 million but I wonder if he takes a 1 + 1 deal, to help keep the Laker options open, probably in 2022 free agency. Sure he could get more money with the Hawks or Knicks, but does he really want to go back to losing the next several years? He has a legit. chance to be the Lakers 3rd most valuable player next season, and you can almost afford a descent house in LA when you earn $10-12 million a year in So-Cal.

Howard I think comes back too, though he will be more tempted by the $$ than KCP. I think they throw in the carrot to Dwight to start him, and try to run a little more offense to him, if he decides to stay.

McGee, Cook, get thrown to most any deal we try to make. Kuzma is included to any deal we need to sweeten, I'd love to pitch Green, but I think we make only a limited effort to deal him, since he is on his last year and he plays defense - but I think he goes to the bench more often in 2021.

Rondo is like KCP brought back with a raise - don't see Rondo getting offered more than say $4 million on the open market, and I think that's what he gets with us.

I sure hope the Clippers don't offer the Morris twins to split the MLE.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:25 am    Post subject:

THT is under contract...
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:34 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
THT is under contract...

I like all your takes except Green...I think Rob will do everything possible to sell another team that Green is a one year deal that opens cap space for 2021. Rob said over the weekend that his goal is to get another star and team him with Ad and Bron for years to come. It could mean through a deal or free agency in 2021.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:50 am    Post subject:

Think about CP3 if you have to take in what the Bucks may be offering for him. Do they really want to have contracts that extend past next season (i.e. Bledsoe, and how easy is he to flip?). Maybe they'd take deals that would break up CP3's huge contract into smaller morsels, but wouldn't you rather take, on paper, a Lakers package that includes all expiring deals, a 2020 1st, and Kuz over what poo poo platter the Bucks could offer?
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Think about CP3 if you have to take in what the Bucks may be offering for him. Do they really want to have contracts that extend past next season (i.e. Bledsoe, and how easy is he to flip?). Maybe they'd take deals that would break up CP3's huge contract into smaller morsels, but wouldn't you rather take, on paper, a Lakers package that includes all expiring deals, a 2020 1st, and Kuz over what poo poo platter the Bucks could offer?

Yes...but how do you feel about paying CP3 $85 million for 2 years? That to me is the bigger question. You would lose out on FA's like Giannis, Kawhi, PG, Jrue Holiday, etc.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:16 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yes...but how do you feel about paying CP3 $85 million for 2 years? That to me is the bigger question. You would lose out on FA's like Giannis, Kawhi, PG, Jrue Holiday, etc.

It all depends on what the Lakers/LBJ want. If they think/know that Giannis isn't coming, then I could see them going all in with LBJ/AD/CP3. CP3 would clear the books in time for 2022 when you have FAs like Beal, etc.

CP3 would basically = a 2022 plan.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Bucks 24th pick >> Lakers 28th pick
Deonte divincenzo + d wilson >> kuzma

OKC can also flip bledsoe mid season and get an asset back. Bledsoe is all NBA defense - 2nd team.

No idea how that bucks package is poo poo platter
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:50 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Boogie will be back whether we like it or not.

The lakers stood by him through his injury and his domestic situation. He’ll probably be our starting center.

Then we are screwed.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:51 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
A few vet min names that I think the Lakers may have a look at.

Dellavedova. As a 3rd string PG. I dunno if he can still play. A few years ago, he could, and was quite a role player. He would take Cook's spot on the roster. But he would need to prove he can still play.

Courtney Lee. If the Lakers move Green at some point, he is a decent Green replacement. Even if we do not move Green as I expect we won't, I think Lee has some value as a 3nD bench guy. He would take Waiters spot on the roster. I like Waiters scoring ability, but if you are thinking about playing off AD/Bron, Lee has way more role player value than Waiters.

Michael Carter-Williams. Point Guard talent, again 3rd string, would take Cook's role. However with Rondo, Kidd, Bron as mentors. This guy may find a niche with this team that he could not elsewhere.

Melo. I know, it's Melo. But in Portland he showed some real improvements in his body and effort. He would be replacing Dudley's role, only he could be relied on a bit more. And, you would probably have some flexibility to move Kuzma for another need.

DeMarcus Cousins. Been talked about in another thread. Not many players in the league with his skillset and size. He has legit 5 size, but can play like a guard. He is a stretch 5, that can play some point Center as well. He has a lot of talent, and while he would not be a guy I sign to be a core player. I certainly would not have an issue with him taking a 3rd string role on the team, and working his way up to being a backup or 7 minute a half starter.

Kent Bazemore. Not sure Kent will be available for the vet min, but if he is, I would definitely look at him and Courtney Lee as 3nD options. You're talking replacing JR Smith or Waiters, here.

Marco Belinelli. We tried a shooter like this with Troy Daniels, last year. It wasn't very successful, but I suspect we want to get some go to options off the bench in the regular season when Bron/AD rest a lot more. And you don't have playoff Rondo. When this is the case, having a guy you can run some set plays for to get open looks is good.

Barf. You forgot Joe Johnson and Tyson Chandler. 🤢 🤮
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject:

^^ That's basically a 2017 free agent bottom of the barrel choices. Now those cars have been on the lot 3-4 years.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:27 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

OKC can also flip bledsoe mid season and get an asset back. Bledsoe is all NBA defense - 2nd team.

Why would they throw in DiVincenzo/Wilson for a 35 year old CP3? My understanding is they would throw in a bunch of salary fillers and Bledsoe. Bledsoe has several years left on his contract.
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:30 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:
logical24 wrote:

Realistic?

Definitely:
1) James
2) Davis (will resign)”
3) Avery (will opt-in)
4) Alex C
7) Cook

Likely Back:

Likely FA:

Likely gone:

You're obviously misinformed....KCP will be back 3-4 years at $30-40 million...Howard will be back on a 1 or 2 year deal at $3 million per year (He will not play like he did for us focus on defense, screens, rolls to the basket on another team). Green and McGee will be actively shopped for trades...Kuz too depending on the package. No way Melo comes here, better chance he goes back to NY. And Boogie would have to be a non-guaranteed deal due to his constant injuries.

So I am misinformed? We both agree Cousins getting a one year deal, we both agree Kuz and Green will be shopped. We both agree McGee will be shopped (I just don’t think anyone will give anything up of value for him).

Where we disagree is KCP and Howard. You have both getting multi-year deals from Lakers (on low end up of basically $13m a year committed to the two) through 2022 season. What we continue to hear is Lakers want to maintain cap space for 2021 to make a run at another max kind of guy (IE Greek Freak). If they commit $13m to them plus bring in another target with multiple years with the Kuz, Green trade, that 100% ensures under no circumstances they have the $$$ to make a run at a legitimate or even second tier star in that FA period. So the question we clearly disagree on is I don’t think the Lakers will be willing to lock up 3 years worth of salary for KCP plus trade for a another SG type with Green/Kuz (another $17m+ Worth of salary roughly).

Again I would love to bring both Howard and KCP back but my guess is market will pay them more than Lakers are willing to (especially on the years)

Just a rough estimate:
2021 season on books:
Bron - $41m
Davis - $35m (roughly)
KCP - $10m
Howard - $3m
Trade piece Green/Kuz - $18m

You are are at roughly $110m for those 4. Zero cap space for another max unless NBA raises the salary cap SIGNIFICANTLY and not even enough for a borderline second their FA (IE Steven Adams)

But by not locking in $13m between KCP/Howard, let say cap by 2021 goes up to $115 or $120, they know have roughly $20m+ to play with (still not getting Greak Freek but enough to get a second tier). And no LeBron is not taking less to get another star. He has already made It clear in the past he has no desire to take less than what he is worth.

Last edited by BLF2145 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:31 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Boogie will be back whether we like it or not.

The lakers stood by him through his injury and his domestic situation. He’ll probably be our starting center.

Then we are screwed.

LMAO! Starting center...he's lucky to get a non guaranteed invite...the guys is a walking injury, that can't and has never played D....not a Vogel player at all.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Why would they throw in DiVincenzo/Wilson for a 35 year old CP3? My understanding is they would throw in a bunch of salary fillers and Bledsoe. Bledsoe has several years left on his contract.

Same reason you think we are putting kuzma in the deal
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Show that they want to keep Giannis in Milwaukee.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Same reason you think we are putting kuzma in the deal

Um no. Completely different. Either case we would have LBJ/AD locked into long term deals.

Giannis likely walks in 2021 and you have CP3 on the books AND you trade several promising young players and all NBA defender Bledsoe?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject:

If CP3 is such a game-changer for some teams wouldn't OKC ask for future draft picks?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
If CP3 is such a game-changer for some teams wouldn't OKC ask for future draft picks?

Honestly. They did already from the Rockets.

Right now for them, it should be about giving SGA the keys, getting rid of CP3s huge 40m+ deal into breakable deals. Get at least 1 "young"-ish prospect and at least a 1st for it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4884, 4885, 4886 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4885 of 8560
Jump to: