OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4888, 4889, 4890 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Avery(opts in, Kyries BFF), Cook(KD's BFF) 2 2nd for Spencer
28, mcgee for Lonzo

would be my plan.

Don't like it

Lonzo and Spencer aren't good fits here. There's no way I'm welcoming the LaVar show back, either

much better then sending young assets for D Rose
pokoy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
pokoy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Can anyone recap what was said in the Lowe pod with Bobby Marks?

Nothing really groundbreaking regarding Laker news to be honest.

Zach Lowe predictions:
AD - opts out, resigns on a 2+1 which will allow him to opt out and sign the 10 year megamax
KCP - opts out, resigns for $12m
AB - opts in
Javale - opts in
Rondo - opts out (opted out already)

Bobby Marks comments on it:
Thinks AD goes for a 1+1.
Thinks KCP will want Danny Green money
Thinks Rondo opts out, wonders if Lakers will want to commit 2 years to him since to use early bird rights, the Lakers have to sign him to 2 years (Zach Lowe responds - "If Lebron says so, then yes")

Talks about the luxury tax implications between $139m vs $132m that we've been talking about here and if that big mid level will be available to the Lakers.

Thanks!
No mention of the unlikely Deng contract removal?

I don’t think so, but I might have just missed it. Don’t recall them mention Deng specifically. They mostly focused on us hoping the salary cap stays high because if it doesn’t, it obviously leaves us with less to play with (along with 26 or so other teams).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:21 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
28, mcgee for Lonzo

would be my plan.

Don't like it

Lonzo and Spencer aren't good fits here. There's no way I'm welcoming the LaVar show back, either

If only we could combine Lonzo's defense, instincts and vision with Spencer's shot making.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:29 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
28, mcgee for Lonzo

would be my plan.

Don't like it

If only we could combine Lonzo's defense, instincts and vision with Spencer's shot making.

If we could get that player I'd be all over them lol

That said, we probably wouldn't have the assets to get that player ahaha
#18 next...
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
28, mcgee for Lonzo

would be my plan.

Don't like it

much better then sending young assets for D Rose

For me, target-wise (taking into account fit, age, how much they'd cost and injury history)

Schroder > Oladipo > Rose > Lonzo > Dinwiddie

Schroder is the only one out of that lot that I think is both a good fit, and is actually attainable
#18 next...
LastStand 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo? Lulz what did I miss?

I really don’t see that happening. Good defensive player though. Idk how they’d even think of getting him

Trade? Why would the pelicans trade him back to us for nothing. They essentially then traded us Davis for Ingram and late firsts
LastStand 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Lakers need to be careful who they replace rondo with

Basketball savants aren’t exactly easy to find. Even if a player may seem like a better fit they probably aren’t

Rondo proves every postseason he’s healthy that analytics are BS and at the end of the day nothing can substitute for Top to bottom understanding of basketball and genuine leadership

Rondo told lebron where to be at times

That’s not easily replaced. Cp3 (who I don’t want particularly) can do that but his contract is absurd

I’d like lonzo with rondo, but a guy schroeder is a dime a dozen. He can score decently, and he’s athletic, not a bad shooter

But he’s not special in any way. Rondo is like one of a handful of legitimate basketball savants in the game right now

Rondo, lebron, cp3, luka, and jokic. Maybe I’m missing someone but off the top of my head those are the savants. Everyone else just has varying degrees of talent a la giannis
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:56 pm    Post subject:

LastStand 2.0 wrote:

Basketball savants aren’t exactly easy to find. Even if a player may seem like a better fit they probably aren’t

Rondo proves every postseason he’s healthy that analytics are BS and at the end of the day nothing can substitute for Top to bottom understanding of basketball and genuine leadership

That’s not easily replaced. Cp3 (who I don’t want particularly) can do that but his contract is absurd

I’d like lonzo with rondo, but a guy schroeder is a dime a dozen. He can score decently, and he’s athletic, not a bad shooter

But he’s not special in any way. Rondo is like one of a handful of legitimate basketball savants in the game right now

Rondo, lebron, cp3, luka, and jokic. Maybe I’m missing someone but off the top of my head those are the savants. Everyone else just has varying degrees of talent a la giannis

We were very lucky to have two basketball savants on our roster this year, it's arguably what pushed us over the edge in the playoffs. Having those kind of guys on your roster in the post-season is so important. The fact that the Thunder almost beat the Rockets, Mavs almost beat the Clips and Denver got to the WCF says a lot about the other guys you mentioned too
#18 next...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:18 pm    Post subject:

LastStand 2.0 wrote:

A team who is near title contention is gonna want Rondo, they know he already can be Playoff Rondo anytime he wants if someone gives him.. say 2 year 30M I don’t see the Lakers doing much at that point unless they can use bird rights to bring him back, this is the unfortunate part about winning a championship.. teams want players who were apart of a title team.
LastStand 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LastStand 2.0 wrote:

A team who is near title contention is gonna want Rondo, they know he already can be Playoff Rondo anytime he wants if someone gives him.. say 2 year 30M I don’t see the Lakers doing much at that point unless they can use bird rights to bring him back, this is the unfortunate part about winning a championship.. teams want players who were apart of a title team.

The benefit we have is most teams near title contention don’t have that kind of money available to sign someone without bird rights. There might be 1 team out there. But not many legit contenders have 15 million in cap room
pokoy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:56 pm    Post subject:

LastStand 2.0 wrote:

Hol up... are we replacing Rondo? Did I miss the news? Was under the impression we’d still be in the running for him, especially since we hold his bird rights.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Arrogant Frog
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if Sacramento would do Harrison Barnes for Danny Green and Cook?

Sacto can get his salary off the books, so they can have more money to offer Bogan and Fox next year by taking expiring contracts. Lakers get a younger, taller and better 3pt shooter and also someone who can play SF and PF who is a better defender against Kawhi, Luka etc.

Barnes salary is 22mil, 20mil, 18mil, so coming down.

This would all be under the proviso that we didn't think we had a chance of Giannis in 2021/2022
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Arrogant Frog wrote:
I wonder if Sacramento would do Harrison Barnes for Danny Green and Cook?

Sacto can get his salary off the books, so they can have more money to offer Bogan and Fox next year by taking expiring contracts. Lakers get a younger, taller and better 3pt shooter and also someone who can play SF and PF who is a better defender against Kawhi, Luka etc.

Barnes salary is 22mil, 20mil, 18mil, so coming down.

This would all be under the proviso that we didn't think we had a chance of Giannis in 2021/2022

Problem is, Barnes sucks and his contract is not worth it.
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
28, mcgee for Lonzo

would be my plan.

28th and McGee does not get Lonzo. Pelicans hang up the phone with that offer
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Maybe I missed this, but was there an official moratorium this offseason? Like are GMs and agents not allowed to speak right now? What are the rules? And when does free agency officially start? Like a few days after the draft? If training camp starts the first week of December, you're talking 3 weeks to complete free agency.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Maybe I missed this, but was there an official moratorium this offseason? Like are GMs and agents not allowed to speak right now? What are the rules? And when does free agency officially start? Like a few days after the draft? If training camp starts the first week of December, you're talking 3 weeks to complete free agency.

Yes, there is a moratorium in place. I’m not sure how it was put in place. It may just be a decree from Silver. Presumably, the details are being worked out with the union.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:37 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

its all murky
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
Rumor: NBA free agents already agreeing to deals

https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/1320820974145732612?s=19

heard Mitch Kupcake still waiting for nba to release the official FA start date and time.

There was a reason the late Joe McDonnell named him “Asleep at the switch Mitch”
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:40 pm    Post subject:

I think we could nab a third superstar. We should look into utilizing Detroit as the third team in a trade for a superstar. Earlier this season, there were rumors of a trade involving Caruso and Rose. They have also been rumored to have an interest in Kuzma, who is from Flint, as we know. McGee is also from Flint. The Pistons have young players (Kennard, Dembouya, Brown), a lottery pick (#4) and expiring contracts (Snell, Rose) that could be of interest to a team like Chicago.
pokoy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

its all murky

Yep.

Multiple teams asking for clarity on dates - Reddit thread
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
I think we could nab a third superstar. We should look into utilizing Detroit as the third team in a trade for a superstar. Earlier this season, there were rumors of a trade involving Caruso and Rose. They have also been rumored to have an interest in Kuzma, who is from Flint, as we know. McGee is also from Flint. The Pistons have young players (Kennard, Dembouya, Brown), a lottery pick (#4) and expiring contracts (Snell, Rose) that could be of interest to a team like Chicago.

This is a solid point. Considering the team that may desire our chips the most and then spinning their pieces for that star is something we don't consider enough. I like wearing my Caruso jersey, but I'd deal him for LaVine. Two issues with Detroit is I can't gauge what they're trying to build and this deal would include rivals.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

There isn’t a single that will pay Rondo anywhere close to that.

He will be lucky to get a deal above $6m a year.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Not sure how accurate he's been historically but Bobby Marks' salary projections from ESPN Insider:

KCP: 12-14m
Rondo: 4-6m
AB: 4-6m
Kief: 4-6m
Dwight: 4-6m

It would be nice if we keep all these guys and have our BAE or 1/2 MLE leftover but it will take some luck or significant cap maneuvering to fit this all in under the apron.

FWIW, DJ Augustin and Harkless also fell under the $4-6m range and would be nice BAE or 1/2 MLE targets.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

There isn’t a single that will pay Rondo anywhere close to that.

He will be lucky to get a deal above $6m a year.

Yeah I got crazy with the contract salary number but still, teams will monitor Rondo and have interest in him, I definitely want him back but if not we will have options.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Yes, there is a moratorium in place. I’m not sure how it was put in place. It may just be a decree from Silver. Presumably, the details are being worked out with the union.

They set a deadline of Oct 30 for the NBA and player’s association to come up with a deal. We’ll know a lot more then.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4888, 4889, 4890 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4889 of 8560
Jump to: