OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4889, 4890, 4891 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:59 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
Not sure how accurate he's been historically but Bobby Marks' salary projections from ESPN Insider:

KCP: 12-14m
Rondo: 4-6m
AB: 4-6m
Kief: 4-6m
Dwight: 4-6m

It would be nice if we keep all these guys and have our BAE or 1/2 MLE leftover but it will take some luck or significant cap maneuvering to fit this all in under the apron.

FWIW, DJ Augustin and Harkless also fell under the $4-6m range and would be nice BAE or 1/2 MLE targets.

This is so dead on.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:01 pm    Post subject:

What’s Otto Porter’s status in Chicago? Have they given up on him with his injury history? Could be a buy-low guy on an expiring deal.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:45 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
Not sure how accurate he's been historically but Bobby Marks' salary projections from ESPN Insider:

KCP: 12-14m
Rondo: 4-6m
AB: 4-6m
Kief: 4-6m
Dwight: 4-6m

It would be nice if we keep all these guys and have our BAE or 1/2 MLE leftover but it will take some luck or significant cap maneuvering to fit this all in under the apron.

FWIW, DJ Augustin and Harkless also fell under the $4-6m range and would be nice BAE or 1/2 MLE targets.

The apron only comes into play if Lakers want to use the full MLE and BaE.

My guess is Lakers bring back Rondo and KCP on two year deals. Dwight comes back on a 2-yr PO deal for 120% of his previous salary unless GSW give him $6m.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:20 am    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
What’s Otto Porter’s status in Chicago? Have they given up on him with his injury history? Could be a buy-low guy on an expiring deal.

The Bulls should be looking to trade him, likely as salary ballast.

He has a 15% trade kicker, putting his salary at over $32 million, so we'd have to send out at least $26 million or so. Since he plays SF anyway, not happening.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:56 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
LakersMD wrote:

The Bulls should be looking to trade him, likely as salary ballast.

He has a 15% trade kicker, putting his salary at over $32 million, so we'd have to send out at least $26 million or so. Since he plays SF anyway, not happening.

I think it's more likely that Chicago looks to bring in a star or borderline star using Porter as the ballast, possibly attaching a pick or even a young player like Markannen. I think they are looking to get better, not continue to collect assets. I think the Donovan hiring signaled that. Just a guess on my part, but I think it makes sense.

In thinking about that, I'll just illustrate this point: an offer of Otto Porter and the #4 pick is light years better than an offer by Golden State of Wiggins and the #2 pick, just because of how many years Wiggins still has left on his horrendous deal. At least Porter is an expiring, and there's practically no difference between #2 and #4 this year.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:22 am    Post subject:

Rondo is not going anywhere. He is also not going to hit the Lakers for every penny he can. I think its already been agreed to that he will be on the Laker coaching staff when he retires (and with a more than generous salary to boot).
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:00 am    Post subject:

If anyone heard Green yesterday he thinks Bron is going to take the first month off if the season begins on Christmas. This makes it even more important that Rob get a PG that can run an offense and create. Rondo cannot do it for more than 20-22 minutes during the season. That's why I believe its a must Rob sign either Teague or DJ....or make a trade for a player of that nature.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:53 am    Post subject:

Training camp December 1st? This is ridiculous.

Quote:
Dec. 1, I'm told, has emerged as the likely opening day for NBA training camps if the league's plan to set Dec. 22 as opening night of the 2020-21 season is approved by the union

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1320921377361268737?s=19
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:02 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Training camp December 1st? This is ridiculous.

Quote:
Dec. 1, I'm told, has emerged as the likely opening day for NBA training camps if the league's plan to set Dec. 22 as opening night of the 2020-21 season is approved by the union

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1320921377361268737?s=19

Ouch. This would be really bad for us.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:04 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
Rumor: NBA free agents already agreeing to deals

https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/1320820974145732612?s=19

heard Mitch Kupcake still waiting for nba to release the official FA start date and time.

There was a reason the late Joe McDonnell named him “Asleep at the switch Mitch”

Actually, I think it was Dave Smith, "The Sports God," who coined that phrase, along with the unforgettable and unfortunate nickname he gave to Brian Cook: "Puppy Crap," because Cookie was as soft as . . .

Last edited by Dr. Laker on Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:07 am    Post subject:

I don't know why this would be so bad for us. You look back in 2008. Kobe and Pau played the Olympics. Went head to head in the Gold Medal game. After a Finals run together. So their NBA season ended in late June, their training camp for Olympics was soon after. Then a few weeks later, they have to go training camp for NBA. How much rest did Kobe and Pau really get that offseason? It could not have been more than 6 weeks combined.

Now the Lakers, they got "rest" from March to end of June. That's 4 months nearly. Then close out the season for 3.5 months. Another rest of 1.5 month. Basically they have played 3.5 months of ball in the last 9 months if you start in December. They've had 5.5 months of no basketball in this 2020 Calender year by December 1, 2020. That's half a year of basketball.

That's not so bad, IMO. What's far far more important is to be able to manage Bron, and to manage older guys on the team. By keeping their minutes in check. Taking B2Bs off, and things like that. Make sure training camp is not too intensive in short bursts, a lot of strategic planning, a lot of physical strength training and endurance. This isn't a young team that needs to do killed in camp. I think Vogel understands this. This is a group that watches video of games instead of practice, a lot of times.

What's important is we also get stronger on the bench, so Bron can rest more and AD as well. Our bench in the playoffs was really good. RS not so much. We need more depth maybe, and that's why signing another point guard, and adding some 3rd string depth would help.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:25 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Man! LeBron-AD-Ibaka front court... we bout to shut down the paint, cover the wings AND drop 3s on the other end... that’s just the bigs

Serge is a really good role player and has a lot of tools however I think that would be a lot of money spent where we have the most talent. I would prefer us to go after wings instead.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:38 am    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
governator wrote:
Man! LeBron-AD-Ibaka front court... we bout to shut down the paint, cover the wings AND drop 3s on the other end... that’s just the bigs

Serge is a really good role player and has a lot of tools however I think that would be a lot of money spent where we have the most talent. I would prefer us to go after wings instead.

Serge is worth more than than the full MLE. He already has a ring so unless he badly wants a second one, I don't see him taking a pay cut to join the lakers.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:40 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
governator wrote:

Serge is worth more than than the full MLE. He already has a ring so unless he badly wants a second one, I don't see him taking a pay cut to join the lakers.

He should not be priority for this team neither. Like the other poster said we will spend money where we already have lot of talent
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:46 am    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
scoobs wrote:
I think we could nab a third superstar. We should look into utilizing Detroit as the third team in a trade for a superstar. Earlier this season, there were rumors of a trade involving Caruso and Rose. They have also been rumored to have an interest in Kuzma, who is from Flint, as we know. McGee is also from Flint. The Pistons have young players (Kennard, Dembouya, Brown), a lottery pick (#4) and expiring contracts (Snell, Rose) that could be of interest to a team like Chicago.

This is a solid point. Considering the team that may desire our chips the most and then spinning their pieces for that star is something we don't consider enough. I like wearing my Caruso jersey, but I'd deal him for LaVine. Two issues with Detroit is I can't gauge what they're trying to build and this deal would include rivals.
I'm thinking something like this:

Pistons get: Kuzma, Caruso, McGee, Bradley, #28 and 2026 Lakers 1st.

Bulls get: Green, THT, Snell and #4

Lakers get: LaVine and Falecio
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Now the Lakers, they got "rest" from March to end of June. That's 4 months nearly. Then close out the season for 3.5 months. Another rest of 1.5 month. Basically they have played 3.5 months of ball in the last 9 months if you start in December. They've had 5.5 months of no basketball in this 2020 Calender year by December 1, 2020. That's half a year of basketball.

In theory, 6-7 weeks of offseason is more than enough under these circumstances. The question is whether the players anticipated such a quick turnaround. If they didn't, there could be conditioning issues, which could lead to injuries.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:18 am    Post subject:

I really think we will look to have cap space for 2022, not 2021. Ergo guys like KCP/Rondo will probably get 2 year deals. I'm ok with that. I don't really think we have a good shot in 2021 (exception is Jrue Holiday for me) so if we have to bring back key guys on 2 year deals, I'm cool.
Gepetto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:22 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Rondo is not going anywhere. He is also not going to hit the Lakers for every penny he can. I think its already been agreed to that he will be on the Laker coaching staff when he retires (and with a more than generous salary to boot).

I agree. besides, he was literally making the minimum, so opting out was the only way to get even a modest raise. I think he likes playing with Bron & AD, and I'm sure 'Do doesnt hate getting rings. No way he considers leaving for anyone but another contender. Who would that realistically be?
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:22 am    Post subject:

Absolutely no way i am trading Alex Caruso unless the deal involved Beal in a trade other then that he will remain a Laker.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:29 am    Post subject:

Gepetto wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

I agree. besides, he was literally making the minimum, so opting out was the only way to get even a modest raise. I think he likes playing with Bron & AD, and I'm sure 'Do doesnt hate getting rings. No way he considers leaving for anyone but another contender. Who would that realistically be?

Remember, Rondo got a 9m deal his first year when he wasn't playing like a 9m a year player. The 2nd year he was at the minimum. So effectively he's made closer to 5.5-6m/year level average so it's not like the team left him for broke. His 9m deal was widely laughed at when it was made after PG13 spurned the Lakers.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:29 am    Post subject:

Any reason why Caruso shouldn't be in consideration to be a starting guard next year?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Any reason why Caruso shouldn't be in consideration to be a starting guard next year?

KCP earned his spot and Avery if he comes back gets his spot
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:

Cross my fingers to get him. Talk about an ideal 3rd option when healthy.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:44 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
LakersMD wrote:

Could a Danny Green/fillers(i.e. if Jav or Bradley opt in)/2020 1st get him?

He would essentially fill Danny's shoes anyways.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LakersMD wrote:

Could a Danny Green/fillers(i.e. if Jav or Bradley opt in)/2020 1st get him?

He would essentially fill Danny's shoes anyways.

with injuries last 2 years and 28.5m on contract, i prefer to get an asset back and not give a 1st rounder for him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4889, 4890, 4891 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4890 of 8560
Jump to: