OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5398, 5399, 5400 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:28 am    Post subject:

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
bkt4208 wrote:
It all depends on what the Clippers are doing at PG. If they are looking to improve in that area, then perhaps they dont want to use that BAE....

Of course they KNOW that getting Morris also hurts the Lakers, so they may roll the dice since they have some trade exceptions anyway to possibly get a PG into the fold....

As deep as we are currently, Morris is a luxury and another 3 and D wing will probably present itself from now until the start of the season should we strike out on him. Obviously we would like to get him on board, but the Clippers have his bro and can offer a little more than we can....

I think having Kieff is Kuzma trade insurance. Let's face it, with the signings we've made the obvious guy that's going to get fewer looks is gonna be Kuz. He just watched Tatum and Mitchell get max contracts. Fun fact, Kuz has the 3rd most points scored of the 2017 draft class that included Mitchell and Tatum, Fox, Markannen, John Collins, Jonathan Isaacs, Dillon Brooks, Bam Adebayo, OG Anunoby and more. He's currently has the 3rd most points of all of them. I'm sure he wants to get paid.

Having Kieff lets us send Kuz out to another team if we need to

Why trade Kuzma? He continues to be a decent scorer, improving on defense and a cheap contract for another year. He will be an interesting option running with the second unit which looks to be a fast paced high energy group. Or step into the starting lineup if Davis or James are out.

His ability to run the floor and finish or step out and get hit from 3pt range will be a huge part of their success IMO.

If he improves his consistency with his overall game, maybe he earns the contract. If he doesn’t he moves on. Personally I’m rooting for the consistency and contributing to another ring not trading him.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject:

edit:
dupe

Last edited by Super Mega Team on Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject:

Deleted tweety but Marcus said to his brother:

"That 64 will look great in that joint account. Double up"

Keef replied:
Best believe it's a double up H wood. Ima get this Second chip then it's on."

Sounded like Marcus was telling him to get another fat contract and Keef replied that he wants to get his second chip. Does he mean run it back with the Lakers? That's what it sounds like for me.

They share bank accounts...
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject:

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
bkt4208 wrote:
It all depends on what the Clippers are doing at PG. If they are looking to improve in that area, then perhaps they dont want to use that BAE....

Of course they KNOW that getting Morris also hurts the Lakers, so they may roll the dice since they have some trade exceptions anyway to possibly get a PG into the fold....

As deep as we are currently, Morris is a luxury and another 3 and D wing will probably present itself from now until the start of the season should we strike out on him. Obviously we would like to get him on board, but the Clippers have his bro and can offer a little more than we can....

I think having Kieff is Kuzma trade insurance. Let's face it, with the signings we've made the obvious guy that's going to get fewer looks is gonna be Kuz. He just watched Tatum and Mitchell get max contracts. Fun fact, Kuz has the 3rd most points scored of the 2017 draft class that included Mitchell and Tatum, Fox, Markannen, John Collins, Jonathan Isaacs, Dillon Brooks, Bam Adebayo, OG Anunoby and more. He's currently has the 3rd most points of all of them. I'm sure he wants to get paid.

I’m torn between keeping him for the year cause he can only play better IMO. I can’t imagine who we’d get back for him considering the scoring power we picked up, after all whoever we get back might get his 25 minutes. I wanna keep him & let his contract play out just cause I wanna keep 3pt shooters & his improvement of defense. I like when he’s involved & he had to do a lot of cutting to get buckets. On his 3pt shot it just looked like when he hesitated for a nanosecond & he threw up some bricks & air balls, how does any pro throw up air balls when open? 😂 It’ll be a shame we don’t have anyone left pre Lebron if he goes. All those picks puff gone, hopefully THT gets some run this year, I’d like to see him get 10-15 minutes a game, he didn’t back down when Vogel used him in playoffs, he could easily replace Kuz in rotation.
HC: Riley
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:

Keef replied:

Sounded like Marcus was telling him to get another fat contract and Keef replied that he wants to get his second chip. Does he mean run it back with the Lakers? That's what it sounds like for me.

To be honest, seeing their performance, neither Kief is a 3M player nor Marcus is a 16M/4 year player.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:40 am    Post subject:

Listening to NBA radio they seem to think Batum would be a great fit and he's already made his money. I just don't think Kief signs here for the minimum...specially since his brother got paid.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:41 am    Post subject:

I have no problem with keeping and monitoring Kuzma this season on his cheap contract... I only worry that they'll end up overpaying him.

He's been an inconsistent shooter for two years straight. He ranked 27th out of 29th power forwards in three point shooting this season... and if he were moved to small forward... he becomes the worst by two percentage points.

His eFG dipped below Lonzo's shooting this season.

Again, I don't hate Kuz... I agree that he improved on the defensive end... but he needs to have an Ingram like jump in shooting efficiency to justify any sort of big contract. Right now he's rock bottom in terms of regular players/starters
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:41 am    Post subject:

Feels like a good sign.

Quote:
@Keefmorris Best believe it’s a double up H wood! Ima get this Second chip then it’s on!

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:42 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Feels like a good sign.

Quote:
@Keefmorris Best believe it’s a double up H wood! Ima get this Second chip then it’s on!

Yeah!
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:42 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
bkt4208 wrote:

Why trade Kuzma? He continues to be a decent scorer, improving on defense and a cheap contract for another year. He will be an interesting option running with the second unit which looks to be a fast paced high energy group. Or step into the starting lineup if Davis or James are out.

His ability to run the floor and finish or step out and get hit from 3pt range will be a huge part of their success IMO.

If he improves his consistency with his overall game, maybe he earns the contract. If he doesn’t he moves on. Personally I’m rooting for the consistency and contributing to another ring not trading him.

Yes & I saw next years free agents & Gianiss is the only guy I’d want, I think this years is better & it seems like Lakers are trying to keep guys like Pope, Harrell & maybe Dennis & Kuz if Kuz tears up this season? After Gianiss I don’t recall any all star player, besides I don’t think Gianiss is a LA type of guy & good fit with AD, unless he miraculously shoots 40% from 3 & 80% from FT...
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:46 am    Post subject:

Kuzma was 27th out 29 power forwards in 3 point shooting

Giannis was 29th out of 29.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:48 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:

Keef replied:

To be honest, seeing their performance, neither Kief is a 3M player nor Marcus is a 16M/4 year player.

Maybe that's why they share the bank accounts.

Who knows... maybe they actually show up to different teams and actually play games as the other brother on some days. Maybe it's some next-level (bleep) that only they know about.
LeBronsPregameChalk
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:48 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

The difference is Giannis is the central figure of his offense and in a ball-dominant position. Kuzma is a complementary piece and his three point shooting is much more relevant.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:49 am    Post subject:

So my thread about who guards Joker gets moved cause someone mentions a Morris brother & he’s a free agent... Unbelievable!
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
danzag wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
danzag wrote:
ocho wrote:
Stein

Quote:
Both the Lakers and the Clippers are trying to sign Markieff Morris, league sources say

The free-agent Battle of LA has been a constant in this transactional frenzy. It’s clearly not over after Toronto signed Aron Baynes to replace Marc Gasol and fell as a viable Morris option

How much can the Clippers offer?

Just a tad more - the BAE (3.6M).
We can offer a little more than the vet min he made last year.
Difference is about half a million, I think.

We are definitely in the running, but he said he wanted to play with his bro. So not sure if we win this one.

We can offer him a 20% raise. Like 2.7M or something

I think we should expect to lose him to the Clips. They have more money to offer 3.6> 2,7 and they also have his brother who he has said he wants to play with. They have also shown a willingness to overpay even non championship role players (Look at the contracts of Pat Bev, Lou, and now Morris). So I think Kieff will make the financial based move and go to the Clips. He has his ring, and now needs to find a location where he will get paid more now and a year from now.

I don't think finances are that big of a deal as they share bank accounts.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
danzag wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
danzag wrote:
ocho wrote:
Stein

Quote:
Both the Lakers and the Clippers are trying to sign Markieff Morris, league sources say

The free-agent Battle of LA has been a constant in this transactional frenzy. It’s clearly not over after Toronto signed Aron Baynes to replace Marc Gasol and fell as a viable Morris option

We are definitely in the running, but he said he wanted to play with his bro. So not sure if we win this one.

I think we should expect to lose him to the Clips. They have more money to offer 3.6> 2,7 and they also have his brother who he has said he wants to play with. They have also shown a willingness to overpay even non championship role players (Look at the contracts of Pat Bev, Lou, and now Morris). So I think Kieff will make the financial based move and go to the Clips. He has his ring, and now needs to find a location where he will get paid more now and a year from now.

That's interesting. Those 2 brothers sure love and trust each other.
pokoy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Feels like a good sign.

Quote:

For some reason I read this as he was going to sign with any contender and try to get a second chip for himself, then get that money next year after proving himself to be a key player for another championship team?

If he’s trying to get paid next year (ie the “double up” - in context he’s trying to double up the 4-64 deal Marcus got for the family), the Lakers wouldn’t be the place he’d get the minutes to try and get that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject:

LeBronsPregameChalk wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

The difference is Giannis is the central figure of his offense and in a ball-dominant position. Kuzma is a complementary piece and his three point shooting is much more relevant.

I agree... Kuzma shooting over 35% from three is a valuable player... Kuzma shooting below 32% is someone you can't afford to waste money on.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:59 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
danzag wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
danzag wrote:
ocho wrote:
Stein

Quote:

That's interesting. Those 2 brothers sure love and trust each other.

Quite a twin bond. They have the exact same tattoos as well.

I think it boils down to if he feels a kindred spirit to come back to the Lakers team he won a championship vs. if he wants to play on a different team, the Clippers. His deleted tweet to me sounds like he wants to run it back. He stated it at the end of the year too. Who knows though.

Let's say we don't get Keef, I would like to take a run at Taj Gibson or Dedmon. As for a big, here's hoping we get Batum\Ariza. One thing to keep in mind though folks, is I'm not sure a guy like Dedmon would want to come to us as he 31 and hasn't made that much money in his career. You have to consider that players need to go somewhere where they can get playing time, so they can have better stats for their next contract. It's a big sacrifice for any player to come and be the 3rd+ option at their position on a team. Maybe Taj or Batum would do it as they are vets who also have had some big contracts. Especially Batum....
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:00 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
ocho wrote:
Feels like a good sign.

Quote:

For some reason I read this as he was going to sign with any contender and try to get a second chip for himself, then get that money next year after proving himself to be a key player for another championship team?

If he’s trying to get paid next year (ie the “double up” - in context he’s trying to double up the 4-64 deal Marcus got for the family), the Lakers wouldn’t be the place he’d get the minutes to try and get that.

Yeah but that’s the season after, 2nd chip this coming season H-wood, still Lakers or clippers
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:09 am    Post subject:

The only thing that could beat the Lakers this year is fatigue to LeBron and Anthony Davis. Mainly because of the quick turnaround in between seasons.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:10 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
pokoy wrote:
ocho wrote:
Feels like a good sign.

Quote:

Yeah but that’s the season after, 2nd chip this coming season H-wood, still Lakers or clippers

this tweet sums it up the best:

https://twitter.com/babajandro24/status/1330895523545448449

Quote:

al @babajandro24
Replying to @LakersOutsiders

It feels like they cloned themselves to play out two careers in which one achieves financial success while the other gets championships
pokoy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:13 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
pokoy wrote:
ocho wrote:
Feels like a good sign.

Quote:

Well yeah if we’re only going by the “Lakers or Clippers” rumors it will likely be the Clippers then, because he’s not going to get as much playing time or money with the Lakers. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t see him coming back after that Gasol signing.

I say “any contender” because he’s proven to be a pretty good stretch 4 or 5 and any good team can use that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:18 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
I have no problem with keeping and monitoring Kuzma this season on his cheap contract... I only worry that they'll end up overpaying him.

He's been an inconsistent shooter for two years straight. He ranked 27th out of 29th power forwards in three point shooting this season... and if he were moved to small forward... he becomes the worst by two percentage points.

His eFG dipped below Lonzo's shooting this season.

Again, I don't hate Kuz... I agree that he improved on the defensive end... but he needs to have an Ingram like jump in shooting efficiency to justify any sort of big contract. Right now he's rock bottom in terms of regular players/starters

His play will justify his contract and we can either match whatever offer he can get. So in essence, we don’t have to over pay if we don’t need to. Why would you give an asset like that?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:19 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
governator wrote:
pokoy wrote:
ocho wrote:
Feels like a good sign.

Quote:

Well yeah if we’re only going by the “Lakers or Clippers” rumors it will likely be the Clippers then, because he’s not going to get as much playing time or money with the Lakers. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t see him coming back after that Gasol signing.

I say “any contender” because he’s proven to be a pretty good stretch 4 or 5 and any good team can use that.

Just having fun ‘reading’ a tweet, I’m saying clips or lakers cause he said H wood. 100 want him back
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5398, 5399, 5400 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5399 of 8560
Jump to: