OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5430, 5431, 5432 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:35 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Where the foouuck did Marc not playing come from?

pretty sure the original post was referring to the 2nd year of his contract...."next season" as in 2021-22
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:35 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
THT is unproven... at 28 years old, I'm pretty sure McKinnie is what is he's proven to be which is an athletic guy who can play some defense but who can't really shoot and has had some injury issues.

Someone just implied that the front office is infallible... and while they have done a fantastic job... no one is infallible... otherwise we'd have Dwight or Boogie on the roster instead of McKinnie.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone as angry as you are about keeping a guy who projects to be a 14th man. You’re in like every thread complaining about McKinnie

Again I'm happy overall and nitpicking... I'm more upset that we lost Dwight and Boogie than anything else.

Maybe he'll be a nice surprise... but in my mind, no detail is too small when trying to go for another title. It was those bargain signings that helped bring us over the top this season. If we didn't sign Rondo when Avery became unavailable... no title.

The Lakers were not interested in Boogie, maybe they know something that we don't. The last news are that he can't even play right now.

We lost Howard because he made a Howard thing, it's not the Lakers' fault that he can't wait a few more hours.

One thing we should have already learned about this front office is that very little is left to chance.

As you said about Boogie... they know what they are doing... I have a feeling it wasn't much different with Dwight. I bet they knew in advance how he'd react and weren't all that bothered.

I hope all of you are right and this all means nothing at the end of next season.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject:

👀

https://twitter.com/paugasol/status/1331272748140728321?s=21
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:39 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
👀

👀👀
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:42 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
👀

As long as we don't need him to run the floor, block shots, play help defense, or bang in the paint - oh. Nevermind.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:42 am    Post subject:

Does Pau still want to play? Give him a non-guaranteed contract. Back up his brother 15 min a game. At this stage of his career, he's probably better than most of the players left out there.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
ocho wrote:
👀

As long as we don't need him to run the floor, block shots, play help defense, or bang in the paint - oh. Nevermind.

Let us have a nice thing.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject:

Pau should be signed for the staff.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Does Pau still want to play? Give him a non-guaranteed contract. Back up his brother 15 min a game. At this stage of his career, he's probably better than most of the players left out there.

He wouldn’t play unless its as a victory cigar. But like Dudley, there are advantages to having a guy like that around.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers reduce Marc Gasol’s minutes and not over use him he will end up playing for a few years for us on a solid level.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject:

I like the idea of Pau being part of the staff, but Pau can also play the ceremonial bench cheerleader role. We’re definitely deep enough to have another Jared Dudley type/Haslem type player. May even help chemistry wise in the locker room.

Still have three slots left!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:47 am    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
I like the idea of Pau being part of the staff, but Pau can also play the ceremonial bench cheerleader role. We’re definitely deep enough to have another Jared Dudley type/Haslem type player. May even help chemistry wise in the locker room.

I heard they might only fill 2 slots and leave 1 open.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

I heard they might only fill 2 slots and leave 1 open.

As they should IMO. They are deep enough not to need all 14 slots and saves them money in case they need to cut someone to pickup someone off waivers.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:54 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/truehoop/status/1331275343072813056?s=21

We can all finally rest that Petty Pop has gone senile now and is no longer capable of coaching a basketball team.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject:

I would love to have Pau on the team.
I love Pau
He would be important for this team...
Better than JR Smith, Waiters, Cook - Guys that really didn't provide much.
LastStand 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:06 am    Post subject:

We don’t need to sign anyone else. I see all these sign whiteside posts. Why do we need a head case at the end of our bench?

We’re fine right now. 10 deep with some interesting young guys like THT, tinkle, bring back kostas

We have 4 guys to play center. We only threw 1 at jokic other than AD. We have that filled with Marc

Training camp will be interesting. I could see

Gasol/ Harrell
Davis/ kieff
Lebron/ kuzma
KCP/ Matthew’s
Schroder/ Caruso

But I could just as easily see

Gasol/ Harrell
Davis/ kieff
Matthew’s/ kuzma
KCP/ Caruso
Lebron/ Dennis

I think either way Dennis is gonna get 32mpg to give Lebron rest from running the offense

I will say if kuzma relaxes the lakers bench will be unreal. If he can recapture his shot and relaxed scoring ability the lakers will have legitimately 6 guys who can score 15+ points on the floor at all times
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
THT is unproven... at 28 years old, I'm pretty sure McKinnie is what is he's proven to be which is an athletic guy who can play some defense but who can't really shoot and has had some injury issues.

Someone just said the front office is infallible... and while they have done a fantastic job... no one is infallible... otherwise we'd have Dwight or Boogie on the roster instead of McKinnie.

I think NOW is when Pelinka would have been willing to make an offer to Dwight. And Dwight saw the Lakers were not interested in making him a priority signing at the vet min, and knew PT would be an issue. He had PT and an offer and it could have been lost.

The Lakers will add more proven vets though. I think they definitely look to add another PG, someone that will take Cook's spot. They probably keep a spot open for the waiver wire throughout the season. I don't think we are done signing vets.

If you ask me, if it's better to have Marc Gasol or Dwight, I take Marc, and I'm a big fan of Dwight's talents, always have been. Unlike Dwight, Marc can be a threat on offense with his 3 point shot and passing. We lose on defensive speed, but anyway when the game was getting very fast, Dwight was going to not play.

Yeah I'm not trying to sound like a know it all... clearly Rob had vision to upgrade to Schroder... get Matthews, get Gasol... end up signing Kieff for peanuts. He did a lot of things I didn't see or predict that was outside the box. It really was an impressive job.

I just feel like he let some people go for the sake of chemistry and I think they might come to bite us in the ass come playoff time.

I've heard Dwight was starting to talk about getting more touches and having a bigger role on offense. That would be the opposite of helping chemistry. Causing issues in the locker room was par for the course for Dwight's last few teams before coming to LA last year.

Dwight was on his best behavior last year. It couldn't have gone any better.

I think Rob and Co were worried that wasn't going to last for another year.

Also- Marc is a much better player. He's not the athlete Dwight is, but he opens up the floor with his shooting, and his passing is elite.

And he can defend vs Jokic, etc just as well or better than Dwight.

Like Dwight- he won't be closing vs small-ball teams.

Massive upgrade to get Marc.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Batum - similar to Cousins, all upside.

the last person that used "upside" to describe Batum was speaking in French

AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Someone just said the front office is infallible... and while they have done a fantastic job... no one is infallible... otherwise we'd have Dwight or Boogie on the roster instead of McKinnie.

I think NOW is when Pelinka would have been willing to make an offer to Dwight. And Dwight saw the Lakers were not interested in making him a priority signing at the vet min, and knew PT would be an issue. He had PT and an offer and it could have been lost.

The Lakers will add more proven vets though. I think they definitely look to add another PG, someone that will take Cook's spot. They probably keep a spot open for the waiver wire throughout the season. I don't think we are done signing vets.

If you ask me, if it's better to have Marc Gasol or Dwight, I take Marc, and I'm a big fan of Dwight's talents, always have been. Unlike Dwight, Marc can be a threat on offense with his 3 point shot and passing. We lose on defensive speed, but anyway when the game was getting very fast, Dwight was going to not play.

Yeah I'm not trying to sound like a know it all... clearly Rob had vision to upgrade to Schroder... get Matthews, get Gasol... end up signing Kieff for peanuts. He did a lot of things I didn't see or predict that was outside the box. It really was an impressive job.

I just feel like he let some people go for the sake of chemistry and I think they might come to bite us in the ass come playoff time.

I've heard Dwight was starting to talk about getting more touches and having a bigger role on offense. That would be the opposite of helping chemistry. Causing issues in the locker room was par for the course for Dwight's last few teams before coming to LA last year.

Dwight was on his best behavior last year. It couldn't have gone any better.

I think Rob and Co were worried that wasn't going to last for another year

Also- Marc is a much better player. He's not the athlete Dwight is, but he opens up the floor with his shooting, and his passing is elite.

And he can defend vs Jokic, etc just as well or better than Dwight.

Like Dwight- he won't be closing vs small-ball teams.

Massive upgrade to get Marc.

This is what no one has really mentioned. I simply don't trust Dwight.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Luckily age has nothing to do with NBA readiness.

THT is already a better, more proven player than McKinnie.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:13 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Think we still made a mistake not signing Cousins, even to just keep him away from other west teams. More than likely, even at 60% of his old self, he is a steal at the vet min.

I suspect that Cousins wanted minutes, which is something we couldn't promise. He needs to spend a year showing that he can play at a high level and stay healthy. Then he can shoot for a large contract next summer.

I am not sure what the issue was with Boogie but, if it was the Lakers choice to not bring him, i trust that it was the best decision. The front office has given me no reason to doubt their decisions.

We'll never really know, though there are often rumors that people take as the gospel truth. My assessment (which may or may not be accurate) is that Cousins' ambitions are far greater than being a third string center on the vet min. We may have written him off as a superstar due to his injuries, but he most likely aspires to get back to that level.

The Lakers were most likely also worried that he wouldn't be able to stay on the court.

They will want to let Gasol take it easy in the reg season to be fresh for the playoffs, and they want to avoid playing AD at the 5 very often during the season. They want another big who is reliably available to soak up minutes during the reg season.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject:

It's sad how far DeMarcus Cousins has fallen. He couldn't even get a guaranteed contract.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:23 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

This
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

This

so, we keeping Bell and McKinney? still has another spot open even with them right?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject:

Stephen F. Austin’s Kevon Harris has agreed to a deal with the Los Angeles Lakers, his agent told @Stockrisers. The deal is expected to be an Exhibit-10 deal, nothing official yet.

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/status/1331285182155026432?s=19
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5430, 5431, 5432 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5431 of 8560
Jump to: