OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5431, 5432, 5433 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/truehoop/status/1331275343072813056?s=21

We can all finally rest that Petty Pop has gone senile now and is no longer capable of coaching a basketball team.

He has a relationship with those guys from the Olympic team, it could just be a good natured jab at the guys he knows. He just forgot /s because he's old.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject:

The Marc deal where we if he gets paid 2yrs for 1yr if service is made overly complicated for no reason and now you just keep adding extra dead cap to our books for next summer.

A simple S&T where the first year is fully guaranteed at 5.2m with yr 2 & 3 nonguaranteed for Marc coukd have been setup with Toronto and Cleveland. We add cash to Toronto to pay for the Bell and/or McKinnie buyouts, Cleveland gets their 2026 2nd from us along with McGee and we get Marc @ the price point he wants for this 1 yr.

This way you don’t have 580k of Bell’s dead cap on our books this year, you don’t have McKinnie taking up a roster spot, you could pay Kieff an extra 600k (ie vet min + 20% non bird escalator) and still had enough money for 2 vet mins for a roster of 13.

If they rather have more bodies for the season, then you could still offer Kieff the vet min, take a 1.6m cap hit and open up space for 3 vet mins to have the roster at 14 to start the season and still have enough wiggle to add a 15th at a prorated amount during buyout season.

Anyways, the gist is this way you pay Marc a lump sum for this season, don’t have 2.6m on your books next season and don’t need to stretch Cook’s and/or Bell’s deals either to hit our books next summer.

Anyways, looking at potential trades now, we have to consider that since we’re pressed up against the apron, any deal aggregated can’t bring back potencies in salary. So Kcp @ 12m and Shroe at 15.5m have the potential to bring back a max salary type player (ie up to 34.4m) but for this year, we can’t since the apron will get in the way. It would have to be a player that matches the exact salary give or take a million.

Lastly we have our 2027 1st that we can deal only and since Kieff is a potential early bird FA for us, he has a defacto no-trade clause. Everybody else is fair game.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:32 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
I'm actually curious if we get to call anybody up from the g-league to fulfill those 3rd string center and point guard roles?

It would be better for the ego than signing a disgruntled vet who would hardly see any time on the floor.

I like the idea of filling those last slots with young guys with upside.

Maybe find the next Caruso, Duncan Robinson, Wes Matthews, Christian Wood, etc. Odds are long, but you can't hit the jackpot if you don't play the game.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:33 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
The Marc deal where we if he gets paid 2yrs for 1yr if service is made overly complicated for no reason and now you just keep adding extra dead cap to our books for next summer.

A simple S&T where the first year is fully guaranteed at 5.2m with yr 2 & 3 nonguaranteed for Marc coukd have been setup with Toronto and Cleveland. We add cash to Toronto to pay for the Bell and/or McKinnie buyouts, Cleveland gets their 2026 2nd from us along with McGee and we get Marc @ the price point he wants for this 1 yr.

This way you don’t have 580k of Bell’s dead cap on our books this year, you don’t have McKinnie taking up a roster spot, you could pay Kieff an extra 600k (ie vet min + 20% non bird escalator) and still had enough money for 2 vet mins for a roster of 13.

If they rather have more bodies for the season, then you could still offer Kieff the vet min, take a 1.6m cap hit and open up space for 3 vet mins to have the roster at 14 to start the season and still have enough wiggle to add a 15th at a prorated amount during buyout season.

Anyways, the gist is this way you pay Marc a lump sum for this season, don’t have 2.6m on your books next season and don’t need to stretch Cook’s and/or Bell’s deals either to hit our books next summer.

Anyways, looking at potential trades now, we have to consider that since we’re pressed up against the apron, any deal aggregated can’t bring back potencies in salary. So Kcp @ 12m and Shroe at 15.5m have the potential to bring back a max salary type player (ie up to 34.4m) but for this year, we can’t since the apron will get in the way. It would have to be a player that matches the exact salary give or take a million.

Lastly we have our 2027 1st that we can deal only and since Kieff is a potential early bird FA for us, he has a defacto no-trade clause. Everybody else is fair game.

you are assuming Raptors were ok to take 4.2m salary of McGee?

maybe we tried and raptors said no
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:34 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:
IF Marc isn't playing next season but Lakers are paying him and NBA doesn't remove Deng from Lakers payroll that means Lakers will have ~$8M in dead money?

Good grief Charlie Brown!

If he retires we pay him his money but it’s not against the cap

It does count against the cap
Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject:

LastStand 2.0 wrote:
We don’t need to sign anyone else. I see all these sign whiteside posts. Why do we need a head case at the end of our bench?

We’re fine right now. 10 deep with some interesting young guys like THT, tinkle, bring back kostas

We have 4 guys to play center. We only threw 1 at jokic other than AD. We have that filled with Marc

Training camp will be interesting. I could see

Gasol/ Harrell
Davis/ kieff
Lebron/ kuzma
KCP/ Matthew’s
Schroder/ Caruso

But I could just as easily see

Gasol/ Harrell
Davis/ kieff
Matthew’s/ kuzma
KCP/ Caruso
Lebron/ Dennis

I think either way Dennis is gonna get 32mpg to give Lebron rest from running the offense

I will say if kuzma relaxes the lakers bench will be unreal. If he can recapture his shot and relaxed scoring ability the lakers will have legitimately 6 guys who can score 15+ points on the floor at all times

I personally like your 2nd lineup.
I like our starting 5 being very similar to last year.
Long athletic with great D.
LBJ/KCP/Wes/AD/Gasol
Very similar to LBJ/KCP/Green/AD/Jav
Wes for DG is a push IMO (just hope Wes can play team D like DG)
Marc for Jav we lose some lane running and rim protection but get a better shooter, passer and low post and team defender. Likely frees up AD to play free safety and defend the rim (like he did in the playoffs, which is a strength)

Then DS/Caruso/Kuz/Kieff/Trez can absolutely feast on 2nd units.
There are 3 guys there who could go for 20 any night, plus a couple glue guys in AC and Kieff.
I think Kieff/Trez can work well. Kieff can stretch things a bit for Trez inside.
One thing that could hurt that unit is a big 5 (like Jokic/Nurkic etc, but guys like that are rare, and we have Gasol/AD to put on them major minutes).
I could really see that unit getting major minutes and run (giving our starters a lot of rest in game)
Then Vogel can go with the hot hands/best match-ups around LBJ/AD at crunch time.

West Point '88
UCLA '92
75th Ranger Regiment '88-'04
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

We can all finally rest that Petty Pop has gone senile now and is no longer capable of coaching a basketball team.

He has a relationship with those guys from the Olympic team, it could just be a good natured jab at the guys he knows. He just forgot /s because he's old.

You are probably right. His Laker hate clouded his judgement.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject:

Jesus, Go get some coffee bro. In my proposal Raps take Bell/McKinnie deals in via the Cavs and cash from us for their buyouts.

Anyways, our books will have a 2.6m cap hit now if Marc have MDA up retiring. Either way an incoming Giannis would need Bron/AD taking a haircut and/or Milwaukee faciliting a S&t so they don’t lose homeboy for nothing.

Moving on, here’s incoming training camp fodder...

Kevon Harris is signing with the Los Angeles Lakers, his agent Billy Davis tells me.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BenStinar/status/1331282685243891716
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

I’m pretty sure that was tongue in cheek humor from Pops. Lol. Especially after that insane defensive clinic in the close out game.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject:

Marc can coast through the regular season and win a ring this year.

Hopefully that happens and he decides to play next season also and they work out some other way to get him more cash, like paying Pau above market rate to be a coach.

If Marc does retire next summer and Trezz opts out and signs for big $$$ somewhere, the Lakers will have no one at the 5.

There were a lot of good options this year of bigs who can defend and space the floor. A rare combo, but Marc, Serge and Baynes were all available.

Anyone know what the FA crop at the 5 looks like next year ?

Obviously, if Giannis joins up they'll figure it all out, but I think that's pure pipe.

Beal is a much more realistic target IMO, and a better fit next to AD.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Jesus, Go get some coffee bro. In my proposal Raps take Bell/McKinnie deals in via the Cavs and cash from us for their buyouts.

Anyways, our books will have a 2.6m cap hit now if Marc have MDA up retiring. Either way an incoming Giannis would need Bron/AD taking a haircut and/or Milwaukee faciliting a S&t so they don’t lose homeboy for nothing.

Kevon Harris is signing with the Los Angeles Lakers, his agent Billy Davis tells me.

our cap does not get the hit. Marc gets paid 2.5 and we dont get hit. thats been done previously for T Duncan and company...
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:43 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

our cap does not get the hit. Marc gets paid 2.5 and we dont get hit. thats been done previously for T Duncan and company...

Make it an expression shot. Our capsheet absolutely gets hit. It’s a meager amount of about 2.6m but it’s a hit nonetheless.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

Make it an expression shot. Our capsheet absolutely gets hit. It’s a meager amount of about 2.6m but it’s a hit nonetheless.

1st time the coffee thing was funny. 2nd time meh whatever
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Awfully good offseason this year - I think this year compares in some ways to when we brought in Shaq and traded for the rights to Kobe.

Come on man, that idea is rubbish. I’m willing to go out on a limb and say that we didn’t add any future HOF player in their prime or one of the most dominant players ever. We can have a good offseason without looking like fools.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:48 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Damn...shoulda pulled a Costanza and left the room on a high.

Anyways let’s say Marc doesn’t retire...having him on vet min salary is still a win!
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Anyways let’s say Marc doesn’t retire...having him on vet min salary is still a win!

babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject:

I'm with Robster on the rotations.

KCP, Wes, Bron, AD, Gasol

DS, Caruso, Kuz, Kieff, Trez

Wes on the first unit with Bron creating shots and Gasol setting guys up works well, and DS setting the table for the second unit also works well.

DS/Trezz p&r will be devastating.

If Schroder starts and Wes is on the 2nd unit, you put Wes in a position that doesn't maximize his strengths, and leaves the second unit without any real shot creators. Who's creating shots for the second unit ? AC ? Kuz ?

Need DS to come off the bench and need to add an emergency PG to the roster for depth.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:52 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers
@Lakers

OFFICIAL: Marc Gasol is a Laker

Man it's good to have him back.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:55 am    Post subject:

So training camp is scheduled to start next Tuesday. That would mean the Lakers had only 51 days off since they won the championship.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject:

Listening to NBA radio they said that the best player that defended Jimmy Butler in the play-offs was Wes Matthews...over AD, Bron or anyone else. I'll be honest I didn't watch the Buck/ Heat series much...anyone that did would you agree? Because if true our need for a 3D wing is already here.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Quote:
Marks: The condensed offseason/training camp/season has teams putting a premium on roster spots 13-15 going to more established players.

With the G-League season TBD, 2W players will spend the majority of their time with the parent club. Extended part of the roster but w/o cap hit.

If the trend continues, then Giannis’s baby bro probably gets another 2way deal with us (he’s eligible for one more season on a 2way) and it won’t event Kostus a roster spot.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DeafeningGenerousFirefly-size_restricted.gif
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Listening to NBA radio they said that the best player that defended Jimmy Butler in the play-offs was Wes Matthews...over AD, Bron or anyone else. I'll be honest I didn't watch the Buck/ Heat series much...anyone that did would you agree? Because if true our need for a 3D wing is already here.

I agree. He was one of the better defenders against him. The Bucks defense helps as well but there's some truth to it that he guards the more physical and not as quick guys well.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
Awfully good offseason this year - I think this year compares in some ways to when we brought in Shaq and traded for the rights to Kobe.

Come on man, that idea is rubbish. I’m willing to go out on a limb and say that we didn’t add any future HOF player in their prime or one of the most dominant players ever. We can have a good offseason without looking like fools.

AD says Hi...

#BannersOverBillboards
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
It's sad how far DeMarcus Cousins has fallen. He couldn't even get a guaranteed contract.

Yes, like IT injury robbed him of his pay day. That is why I am all for them cashing in at the first chance, there might not be a second chance.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:

I mean...
https://mobile.twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1331278465681793025
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5431, 5432, 5433 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5432 of 8560
Jump to: